I will be through my paymetn in next 10 months, by April-2012.
Having invested around 50 Lacs, what will be the return from this in terms of Rental.Banks are noe offering 10 %p.a.Is my investment justified?Your views please..
Read more
160 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by ca.anurag
    My 2 cents. Person who is buying from you at 150% will be either investor or an end user of the house. Lets c his perspective:

- If he is an investor, is he looking something more in the area, which probably you are missing...is there further growth opportunity available which u can tap as well?

- If he is an end user, he might as well stay on rent of 10K-15K for next couple of years and put his 50L - in FD to earn 40K of interest income per month or avoid 40K of monthly interest to Loan provider.

I think the analysis into the buyer's perspective of your own property can just help to make a decision to hold or exit.

The end user will not come as there are alternates at better prices.
    It will be only investor, who has better risk taking capacity than mine.What do u say?
    CommentQuote
  • I have said this many times and I will say it again:

if you sell this house, buy another house/plot for the money. DONT PUT THE MONEY IN FD.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Jassowal
    I have said this many times and I will say it again:

if you sell this house, buy another house/plot for the money. DONT PUT THE MONEY IN FD.

thanks,jassowal..

but given the 12% return(IIFL-NCD), a part will now go to FD.
    CommentQuote
  • Clearhai, u seem to be the most unclear guy ever.

You have formed a hypothesis, and you are now trying to prove yourself right by building assumptions around it to justify it to yourself. With this frame of mind, you will never to able to digest a sound piece of advice from anyone. So why ASK!!!

But you should find comfort in the knowledge that you aren't the only guy who's got the itch to capitalize ur gains. Many do so. When you have a period of unforeseen hyper-growth in an asset, it seems unreal to an investor, and he wants to cash out as he feels its too good to be true!!!

Yes, the hyper-growth in LB might be over, but what makes you say that its headed for a period of de-growth???

Its not a penny stock which will have wild price swings. A property like this never behaves in such a manner unless in extraordinary circumstances.

And if you do believe that doomsday is near, then, my friend, its common knowledge that you should drop everything u hold, and convert it into Gold, even ur bank balance. Not even cash is safe in extraordinary circumstances!!!

Now, start thinking rationally. Do some on-ground research. It will tell you that prices continue to trend up for LB accompanied by high transaction volumes. So there are enough and more buyers even at current price. Also remember, as LB PhI gets near to possession, its prices will find parity with other ready to move premium high-rises in the vicinity. Taking Purvanchaal Sec 93 as one such benchmark, the prices should stabilize at about 6000 and would then move in tandem with the overall appreciation of the area.

Till then, there is no stopping the upward march. This is my prediction basis some basic fundamentals. I know it does not match you theory. So you can go ahead and sell. After-all, if there aren't any sellers, what will the buyers do!! The whole resale market will come to a standstill!!!

Best of luck in your final decision. But whatever you do. BECLEAR and don't repent later.

Nitin
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nitinthakur100
    Clearhai, u seem to be the most unclear guy ever.

You have formed a hypothesis, and you are now trying to prove yourself right by building assumptions around it to justify it to yourself. With this frame of mind, you will never to able to digest a sound piece of advice from anyone. So why ASK!!!

But you should find comfort in the knowledge that you aren't the only guy who's got the itch to capitalize ur gains. Many do so. When you have a period of unforeseen hyper-growth in an asset, it seems unreal to an investor, and he wants to cash out as he feels its too good to be true!!!

Yes, the hyper-growth in LB might be over, but what makes you say that its headed for a period of de-growth???

Its not a penny stock which will have wild price swings. A property like this never behaves in such a manner unless in extraordinary circumstances.

And if you do believe that doomsday is near, then, my friend, its common knowledge that you should drop everything u hold, and convert it into Gold, even ur bank balance. Not even cash is safe in extraordinary circumstances!!!

Now, start thinking rationally. Do some on-ground research. It will tell you that prices continue to trend up for LB accompanied by high transaction volumes. So there are enough and more buyers even at current price. Also remember, as LB PhI gets near to possession, its prices will find parity with other ready to move premium high-rises in the vicinity. Taking Purvanchaal Sec 93 as one such benchmark, the prices should stabilize at about 6000 and would then move in tandem with the overall appreciation of the area.

Till then, there is no stopping the upward march. This is my prediction basis some basic fundamentals. I know it does not match you theory. So you can go ahead and sell. After-all, if there aren't any sellers, what will the buyers do!! The whole resale market will come to a standstill!!!

Best of luck in your final decision. But whatever you do. BECLEAR and don't repent later.

Nitin

Sir,

when was the last time you had FDs offering 12% for 5 years.

when was the last time you thought that NOIDA authority will be running out of money and land?

when was the last you had four EMI increases in 10 months?

Time is tough, uncrtain and loaded against investor in realty.Market is all about timimg and though i respect your analysis,I am of the opinion that the time for exit has come, and as you said the hyper-groth is over,this time may not come again.and that is is guding my decision.
    thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nitinthakur100
    Clearhai, u seem to be the most unclear guy ever.

Nitin

when was the last time a FD offered 12%?
    when was the last time the Courts asked to t\return the land?
    when was the last time that NA ran out of money/land?
    when was the llast you had four EMI incearese in 10 months?
    the times are uncertian and loaded against the investor.EXitExit..
    CommentQuote
  • Clearhai; If you want to exit, exit. Different people can have different expectations . Yeh Exit Exit karke kya kehna chahte ho!!.

I see only two possibilities here

* Either you are a broker and you are enforcing your opinion on others
    * Or you are a confused personality(unlike your name) just like a drowning guy feels when he is thrown both ends of the rope for rescue and he is befuddled.

Originally Posted by clearhai
    when was the last time a FD offered 12%?
    CommentQuote
  • FD Vs Property

Sir, I might be wrong in my analysis but could you clarify the following queries. Please note that I am not in favor of either FD's or investing in property as an investor. I am an end user.

Originally Posted by clearhai
    when was the last time a FD offered 12%?- banks are surely not offerring 12%. Only private institutions are offerring it. After TDS will we get 12% net returns? Is our money safe with those private companies? If you have done your due diligence, could you PM me the list of those companies so that I can also divert some of my funds. But dont you think offerring high returns is an indication of high risk as well?
    Why are you generalizing? Court has given orders only in one case and that too in NE. Do you think court will order everyone in Noida to get out because urgency clause was applied all over Noida to acquire the land?
    If there is a shortage of resources, land in this case, the prices will go up or it will go down?
    When was the last time we have seen such inflation rates and high job prospectus? Increase in EMI due to increase in interest is purely based on the investments made by investors or its directly related to the extra money people have for disposal?
    You might be right that this is the time for the investor to exit but the investor will be short term investor. A person who can wait for another 1-2 years might get better returns for his/her investment.

I am not a financial wizard and might be totally wrong in my analysis. So please correct me if I am wrong anywhere.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by clearhai
    The end user will not come as there are alternates at better prices.
    It will be only investor, who has better risk taking capacity than mine.What do u say?

Nopes...i disagree. All of us rather know that most of the people buying now in LB and LP are the end users, who are buying looking at the progress and in hopes of getting the possession soon..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by topjobsncr
    Clearhai; If you want to exit, exit. Different people can have different expectations . Yeh Exit Exit karke kya kehna chahte ho!!.

I see only two possibilities here

* Either you are a broker and you are enforcing your opinion on others
    * Or you are a confused personality(unlike your name) just like a drowning guy feels when he is thrown both ends of the rope for rescue and he is befuddled.

Sir,
    I will respect your expression and if i do not agree with Your POV on IREF, i will niether question your intent nor call you a broker.

Second,I have given the facts .You can take a call based on the facts like i have taken mine.
    I standby the facts i submitted and if you can deny that you will be doing a gr8 service to me and this forum.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vic1975
    Sir, I might be wrong in my analysis but could you clarify the following queries. Please note that I am not in favor of either FD's or investing in property as an investor. I am an end user.

Sir,

The institution that are offering 12%, have got their financial rated by the Credit rating agencies.The rating is in Public domain, unlike JVG,Kuber etc.

Second,the hon'ble court has questioned the use of urgency clause that NA has used in all its acquisitions.Therefore, all the construction on these acquisitions are under judicial review.

Third,Shortage of money means no investments in roads,hospitals,street lights.so only mosquito and Multi storeis will be there.Now where the prices go, i leave it for your judgement.

Fourth, no high job growth as we have estimates/reports on slow down.And when there is a slo down, from where will the job come?

Six,Prices have started correcting in other metro so wait..it will help.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by clearhai
    Sir,

Six,Prices have started correcting in other metro so wait..it will help.

And who do you think will be paying high rentals in LB...with a supply of around 40000 units coming up in the area in next 5 years...who do you think...the rehdiwalas from Bhangel willcome and pay that rental...
    Or people working in Delhi or GGN will pay that sort of rental...You have to have some opportunities nearby ...to aim high rentals...IT/Call centre is a very fragile industry...tremor comes in us and earthquake happens in India....
    If you have earned some appreciation...try to sell it to some enduser...
    Else....enjoy rentals of 10-12000 for 2 BHk
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by loneranger
    And who do you think will be paying high rentals in LB...with a supply of around 40000 units coming up in the area in next 5 years...who do you think...the rehdiwalas from Bhangel willcome and pay that rental...
    Or people working in Delhi or GGN will pay that sort of rental...You have to have some opportunities nearby ...to aim high rentals...IT/Call centre is a very fragile industry...tremor comes in us and earthquake happens in India....
    If you have earned some appreciation...try to sell it to some enduser...
    Else....enjoy rentals of 10-12000 for 2 BHk

Yes, you are right. i am just waiting for the right price.
    but no one has committed to buy boulevard at 4800/psqft.Let' see
    CommentQuote
  • People shifting in Phase-1 in the project will not be more benefited in compare to the Rental income as the facilities to be provided by the builder will not be 100% at this stage.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Bhoopati
    People shifting in Phase-1 in the project will not be more benefited in compare to the Rental income as the facilities to be provided by the builder will not be 100% at this stage.

Yes that has become a major disadvantage.
    CommentQuote