Metro to link Noida to south Delhi - Hindustan Times

The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) will begin work on a Noida-south Delhi link from January.

Having prepared a DPR, the DMRC has already set up its office in sector 19 to start the construction. The Noida authority will bear the project cost (Rs 786 crore) for the 3.76-km

line between Noida’s Botanical Garden and Kalindi Kunj in Delhi.
This will mean a direct link with areas such as Kalkaji, Malviya Nagar, Green Park and Vasant Kunj. Currently, people have to take Noida-Dwarka route and get down at Rajiv Chowk station to change lines.

The DMRC is also preparing a DPR to extend the Metro line in Noida up to the Ghaziabad border at sector 62 (NH 24). Work will start early next year. After this extension, Metro will cut Noida into two, providing a boost to intra-city connectivity.

Currently Noida has six stations of Delhi Metro with the service ending at sector 32. The existing line caters only to 55 immediate and adjoining sectors. About 35 more sectors need to be linked to Metro to relieve people of travelling woes.

“The sector 62 line is on top of our priority. Several pre-construction exercises have begun. The Noida authority has accepted the terms of references sent by the DMRC. We have sent our consent to the plan. The authority has also paid Rs 80 lakh for the DPR,” said authority’s deputy chief executive officer Chandra Bhushan Singh.
Read more
70 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by ppsharma
    Metro to link Noida to south Delhi - Hindustan Times

The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) will begin work on a Noida-south Delhi link from January.

Having prepared a DPR, the DMRC has already set up its office in sector 19 to start the construction. The Noida authority will bear the project cost (Rs 786 crore) for the 3.76-km

line between Noida’s Botanical Garden and Kalindi Kunj in Delhi.
    This will mean a direct link with areas such as Kalkaji, Malviya Nagar, Green Park and Vasant Kunj. Currently, people have to take Noida-Dwarka route and get down at Rajiv Chowk station to change lines.

The DMRC is also preparing a DPR to extend the Metro line in Noida up to the Ghaziabad border at sector 62 (NH 24). Work will start early next year. After this extension, Metro will cut Noida into two, providing a boost to intra-city connectivity.

Currently Noida has six stations of Delhi Metro with the service ending at sector 32. The existing line caters only to 55 immediate and adjoining sectors. About 35 more sectors need to be linked to Metro to relieve people of travelling woes.

“The sector 62 line is on top of our priority. Several pre-construction exercises have begun. The Noida authority has accepted the terms of references sent by the DMRC. We have sent our consent to the plan. The authority has also paid Rs 80 lakh for the DPR,” said authority’s deputy chief executive officer Chandra Bhushan Singh.

Good News for Expressway sectors,South delhi and Airport will get much closer.
    CommentQuote
  • Cookie how this is going to benefit expressway sectors? i think it will go straight from kalindi kunj to botanixal garden....i dnt have much idea though...can you please let me know the exact route if you know.

thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bhagore
    Cookie how this is going to benefit expressway sectors? i think it will go straight from kalindi kunj to botanixal garden....i dnt have much idea though...can you please let me know the exact route if you know.

thanks

Expressway sectors I mean, Amity metro station would be located near Maha flyover with direct connect with expressway, that would not be walking distance though. it takes only 15-20 mins to reach Maha Maya Flyover from Pari Chowk.
    CommentQuote
  • It is more beneficial for proximal sectors of e-way. You can say till sector 93. Most of the societies will have metro shuttles and it shall take around 10 mins to reach Amity from there. Then you board the metro and all set to reach gurgaon in 10+40 mins !

It does make sense for sector like 137 as shuttle should take 15 mins from there.

Anyone from family can also drop you to metro station, something that we have been doing a lot in delhi now.

Originally Posted by bhagore
    Cookie how this is going to benefit expressway sectors? i think it will go straight from kalindi kunj to botanixal garden....i dnt have much idea though...can you please let me know the exact route if you know.

thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amitexpert
    It is more beneficial for proximal sectors of e-way. You can say till sector 93. Most of the societies will have metro shuttles and it shall take around 10 mins to reach Amity from there. Then you board the metro and all set to reach gurgaon in 10+40 mins !

It does make sense for sector like 137 as shuttle should take 15 mins from there.

Anyone from family can also drop you to metro station, something that we have been doing a lot in delhi now.

It would be more easier and time saver, if one is going to south delhi and airport since one no needs to go to Rajiv Chowk to go to airport or South delhi.
    Correct?
    CommentQuote
  • :) this is good news. 137 sector can also benefit from the Amity metro station...10-15 minute drive max. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bhagore
    :) this is good news. 137 sector can also benefit from the Amity metro station...10-15 minute drive max. :)

yeah it was what I meant.:bab (22): its max 10 mins drive from sector-168 and sector-137.
    CommentQuote
  • bhai cookie...thoda shubkamnai 7x ko bhi don ..metro 62 jane ka matlab hai..sai mandi se hoke jayegi..which is approx 2 km from 7x....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by neerajbhatt
    bhai cookie...thoda shubkamnai 7x ko bhi don ..metro 62 jane ka matlab hai..sai mandi se hoke jayegi..which is approx 2 km from 7x....

yes but Sector-62 metro would take time to start. its still in paper while Amity metro is going to be constructed from Jan.
    CommentQuote
  • :D 7x investor bura man gaye.... bhaisahab aise koi bat nahi hain...ap discussion to paro thik se...

hum sab chahte hain ki puri Noida ki unnati ho... :)
    CommentQuote
  • Infact this move to extend metro till Sec 62 will boost Noida Extension,119,121 greatly ..as u can easily reach sec 71 crossing from NE .... and its staright road...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by babhishek14
    Infact this move to extend metro till Sec 62 will boost Noida Extension,119,121 greatly ..as u can easily reach sec 71 crossing from NE .... and its staright road...

I agree, these sectors and Noida Extension would get more benefit.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by cookie
    I agree, these sectors and Noida Extension would get more benefit.

will the metro going towards 78 or not?
    CommentQuote
  • Till now GGN,Noida,GNoia were merely the shadows of Delhi. I can bet that next decade is going to change this scene.
    This is what has happend with HYD,B'lore as well.
    Also, look at China, they have started the reforms in 1971 and see where are they now. Another example is Malaysia. Where the airport is located around 75 KM of the city. Mark it 75 KM of the city. Its even more distance from Present GN to IGI.
    So look in the broad term, not 1-2 years time gap. Metro will cover the whole Noida,Gnoida region. Any by 2021 it will be a metro city like Delhi
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ajaybaluni
    will the metro going towards 78 or not?

I feel sorry to say..but Metro is not going anywhere from sector 32... These are pure gimmick played by builders to attract customers.. If i remember correctly, last year there were lots of press releases by NA showing metro route from sector 78 to 137, both places where new projects are launched.
    These are feel happy statement with little practicallity.
    Noida-South delhi metro will become reality as it involved DMRC, a honest corp.

Rest anywhere where DMRC is not there is all hawabaji.. Therefore do not plan ur purchase keeping proposed Metro in mind.. My POV..
    CommentQuote