Can anyone help me to understand what exactly "mutation" of a property mean and why it is required? I have a plot in Ghaziabad (GDA allotted) and been told that after registry, mutation is needed. The total fees required by GDA is 1% of the declared cost of property.
So first I need to pay 7% of total value of property as registration fees (stamp duty) and then 1% again for mutation.
What can be the consequences if I don't get mutation done?
Any information is highly appreciated.
Read more
5 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Any insight from senior and legal members? deepauls bhai, please help!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ver_amit
    Can anyone help me to understand what exactly "mutation" of a property mean and why it is required? I have a plot in Ghaziabad (GDA allotted) and been told that after registry, mutation is needed. The total fees required by GDA is 1% of the declared cost of property.
    So first I need to pay 7% of total value of property as registration fees (stamp duty) and then 1% again for mutation.

Any senior / experienced member clarify the "mutation" issue pls.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ver_amit

Mutation (Dakhil Kharij in hindi) is the recording of a transfer of title of a property from one person to another in the revenue records.

Get the mutation done at any cost... it is required for u to legally own the land completely.. Registration is one part and Mutation is second. Mutation is a MUST.

It is because of MUTATION that ur name (as the owner of house) comes in Nagar Nigam Records.. GDA will not give u KABZA (posession) letter if the mutation is not done.. and without this letter u will not even get an electricity connection legally.

Will give u an example: In Noida..u must be aware that farmer lands are getting acquired.. Compensation is given to farmers bases on the mutation records and not on the registry records.. If person A has registry in his name of a piece of land AND for the same land mutation is in the name of person B.. Then GOVT will give compensation to person B and not A.

GET IT DONE.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by search12
    Mutation (Dakhil Kharij in hindi) is the recording of a transfer of title of a property from one person to another in the revenue records.

Get the mutation done at any cost... it is required for u to legally own the land completely.. Registration is one part and Mutation is second. Mutation is a MUST.

It is because of MUTATION that ur name (as the owner of house) comes in Nagar Nigam Records.. GDA will not give u KABZA (posession) letter if the mutation is not done.. and without this letter u will not even get an electricity connection legally.

Will give u an example: In Noida..u must be aware that farmer lands are getting acquired.. Compensation is given to farmers bases on the mutation records and not on the registry records.. If person A has registry in his name of a piece of land AND for the same land mutation is in the name of person B.. Then GOVT will give compensation to person B and not A.

GET IT DONE.

Thanks buddy.........

Now I understand that mutation is the process of recording a property in buyer name in Govt. records.

Individual Flats & builder floors are also required to be mutated? or just only the land?

My bro has a flat in IP. He has not mutated with GDA. But he gets demand notice from Ghaziabad Nagar Nigam and pays municipal/ holding taxes every year. Is mutation with GDA and GNN are tow separate processes?

Other veterans have any info on this subject? Pls share
    CommentQuote
  • I have a plot in Loni Ghaziabad, we buy it in 1988 property registry was done but mutation not done till date. If i will do now , there is any delay panelty i have to pay want to know. secondly, Is propety tax applicable on unbuilt plot land.
    CommentQuote