Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Property prices may fall 20-30% by mid-2012

Collapse
X
Collapse

Property prices may fall 20-30% by mid-2012

Last updated: April 9 2012
361 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re : Property prices may fall 20-30% by mid-2012

    Originally posted by amitgupta00 View Post
    JAWAHAR bHAI,

    u cannot really teach a herd , herd is prepared for slaughter only...
    however hard u try ,this RE herd will be slaughtered...
    and if the herd will not lose,how will we make money...
    So basically you are the GOD? You know everything? By calling a set of people herd you are only insulting yourself...hope you will improve your language.

    Talk in facts man,,,,throw numbers...beat this RE herd with facts, figures, numbers...statistics..models....lets have constructive arguments...and stop these emotional rhetorics. get a little more sensible.

    Comment


    • Re : Property prices may fall 20-30% by mid-2012

      Jawahar and all,

      so you guys must have already sold every piece of real estate you own, right? and after 25 years, my salary would be at least 10 times. then if prices are same as now, I would be able to buy a house every year on self finance! Not bad at all...

      BTW, for house prices to remain same, do u also expect construction cost to stay same? or u think construction costs will rise and land prices stagnate? in that case construction cost should be at least 7-8 times after 25 years. that means 10k psf. at construction cost of 10k psf, u think flats will sell at 4k psf?

      Comment


      • Re : Property prices may fall 20-30% by mid-2012

        Originally posted by fatichar View Post
        Jawahar and all,

        so you guys must have already sold every piece of real estate you own, right? and after 25 years, my salary would be at least 10 times. then if prices are same as now, I would be able to buy a house every year on self finance! Not bad at all...

        BTW, for house prices to remain same, do u also expect construction cost to stay same? or u think construction costs will rise and land prices stagnate? in that case construction cost should be at least 7-8 times after 25 years. that means 10k psf. at construction cost of 10k psf, u think flats will sell at 4k psf?
        Infact very valid point Mr Fatichar I dont understad how one can compare Japan and India . Japan had deflation for more then 10 years while India inflation rate is hidden to no one ....

        I had been out here in and ou since 1993 and I tell you hardly the pricesof things have appreciated since then on the contrary things have become much cheaper then at that time .. I stand the witness to all this right now also posting this from Tokyo....

        Comment


        • Re : Property prices may fall 20-30% by mid-2012

          Sell Propert NOW

          Thanks for your correct views. You are absolutely correct. However, the point you missed is that I am comparing TODAYs India with 25 YEARS BACK Japan. The growth was roaring in Japan, Real estate was unrealistic high. In fact my point is totally focused on real estate and not other economic or social issues. And on real estate alone, if we compare India with America today, then real estate there is much-much cheaper. The lousy flat that we get here for 1 crore, you get a bungalow in US for the same amount -$ 200,000. Despite much higher earning in america , the real estate there is much cheaper. Yet, some school of thought believe that comparison on real estate with america is unfair because of low population density. Just to take the population density also in consideration, I am comparing today's India with the Japan that was 25 years ago. my aim is that - we must learn from history so that we do not repeat blunders. Today, a majority of Indians own only 2 class of assets - Real estate and gold, and believe - come what may- the price will go up. I am trying to address this absurdity and foolishness. I am merely suggesting that real estate price in India are unrealistic high and it is high time to book profit. And a majority of investors have already put a sell order with their broker. In fact, if any property broker tells you honestly, he will have 6-7 sell orders and just 1 buy order.
          Thanks again for your deep insight about the issue.

          Comment


          • Re : Property prices may fall 20-30% by mid-2012

            Originally posted by realdogma View Post
            So basically you are the GOD? You know everything? By calling a set of people herd you are only insulting yourself...hope you will improve your language.

            Talk in facts man,,,,throw numbers...beat this RE herd with facts, figures, numbers...statistics..models....lets have constructive arguments...and stop these emotional rhetorics. get a little more sensible.
            Oks then lets have a fair argument, When you look at a property how do you know if its cheap or expensive?

            Comment


            • Re : Property prices may fall 20-30% by mid-2012

              Originally posted by realdogma View Post
              So basically you are the GOD? You know everything? By calling a set of people herd you are only insulting yourself...hope you will improve your language.

              Talk in facts man,,,,throw numbers...beat this RE herd with facts, figures, numbers...statistics..models....lets have constructive arguments...and stop these emotional rhetorics. get a little more sensible.

              Realdogma bhai,

              Aap to senti ho gaye....
              main aapki baat nahi kar raha tha......
              rahi baat facts..figures..numbers..statistics..models ki..to mera bas ek question hain..
              Q) Why do you think india is different from any country of world in any way..
              if you say it is different then prove it and if same then if RE bubble has popped everywhere ,then why not in india.??
              what is so special about india...
              actually nothing..
              people talk of immense black money in india,and they forget conveniently about blackmoney in gulf or china ,where blackmoney is more than india in %age terms, still they cannot prevent the slide.
              but still people say no india is different..
              this is what i call herd mentality...

              Comment


              • Re : Property prices may fall 20-30% by mid-2012

                lets concentrate on NCR and forget Japan...

                If that Japan strong earthquick hit in Noida than Noida become Greater Noida (highrise to low rise)

                Comment


                • Re : Property prices may fall 20-30% by mid-2012

                  Earthquake or no earthquake, the ground reality is that all the realty goes back to the ground-sooner or later. Where is Indus valley civilization, and the hanging gardens of Babylon?

                  Comment


                  • Re : Property prices may fall 20-30% by mid-2012

                    Originally posted by Jawhar View Post
                    Thanks for your correct views. You are absolutely correct. However, the point you missed is that I am comparing TODAYs India with 25 YEARS BACK Japan. The growth was roaring in Japan, Real estate was unrealistic high. In fact my point is totally focused on real estate and not other economic or social issues. And on real estate alone, if we compare India with America today, then real estate there is much-much cheaper. The lousy flat that we get here for 1 crore, you get a bungalow in US for the same amount -$ 200,000. Despite much higher earning in america , the real estate there is much cheaper. Yet, some school of thought believe that comparison on real estate with america is unfair because of low population density. Just to take the population density also in consideration, I am comparing today's India with the Japan that was 25 years ago. my aim is that - we must learn from history so that we do not repeat blunders. Today, a majority of Indians own only 2 class of assets - Real estate and gold, and believe - come what may- the price will go up. I am trying to address this absurdity and foolishness. I am merely suggesting that real estate price in India are unrealistic high and it is high time to book profit. And a majority of investors have already put a sell order with their broker. In fact, if any property broker tells you honestly, he will have 6-7 sell orders and just 1 buy order.
                    Thanks again for your deep insight about the issue.
                    Jawahar if you say that there is over supply and due to bullish run quite unrealestic hype in the realty market I will agree with you. Due to increased supply investors should not expect the same returns as they are used to in the past then I agree to you . Though on the contrary I do not think that realty in India can come down by 20 to 30% . IInfact on the whole the inflation in India is so high moreover the buying power of Indian individuals have gone up many fold and the very mentality of owning house as a status symbol and a kind of mental satisfaction concept among the Indian will keep boosting the realty sector. Ofcourse the manuplation by the developers and Investors lobby will also keep prices up .
                    And the density of population in India mainly concentrated in big cities like NCR region will always keep the realty prices up.. Infact these are some very regional facts abt us Indians which cannot be overlooked upon.

                    Do you think it will be possible control inflation in India in atleast next 2-3 years .... I have doubts....

                    So honestly dont see any reasons for property prices crashing atleast in Noida like places in near future.

                    Comment


                    • Re : Property prices may fall 20-30% by mid-2012

                      Originally posted by fritolay_ps View Post
                      lets concentrate on NCR and forget Japan...

                      If that Japan strong earthquick hit in Noida than Noida become Greater Noida (highrise to low rise)
                      highrise to land size...low rise bhi nahin bachega

                      Comment

                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X