Optimism vs. Blindness

Last updated: February 26 2012
29 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Optimism vs. Blindness

Originally posted by fatichar View Post
    Lagta hai aapne 2009 election result ke time apne pessimism ke chalte 4200 ki calls short kar rakhi thi

Nahi bhai...tub bhi hamare portfolio me 40% RE tha...2.5 years me overall portfolio appreciate kiya phir bhi 40% RE hain...ab to samajh hi gaye..
    Aur prabhu aaj tak naked shorting to kabhi kee hi nahi......kahi aap apni kahani to nahi suna rahe ki 2009 ke jhatke ke baad aap permanent optimist ban gaye...
    Always remember optimism or pessimism should be on side of profits...

Comment

A very good post indeed. And I liked the style you wrote.
      Although, there is a difference when it comes to buying property for end use vs investment(I learned this after initiating a thread for the same)

1. For an end user, specially who do not own a house, buying a house is a must. Not only he saves rent, there is a complete peace of mind(apna ghar apna hi hota hae. Jaese chaho waese raho, no adddress badalna, no makaan malik ki chikchik, no absurd hike in rent...etc..etc..)

2. For investment, only one word, RISK. Greater the risk, greater can be the return. Till now, returns from RE especially in NCR has been greater then FD or bank deposit or EPF etc. Aage ka pata nai.
      Waese bhi yaar, FD etc ka to pata hota hae kitna milna hae. Exitement nai rahta.
      Take the example of stock market. Profit or loss, both can be huge. But still people do invest. To make big money in short term. Kam time mei zyada paesa kamane ka maza hi kuch aur hae. And its good if you know your limits...

Comment

Originally posted by nikkugautam View Post
        To sum it up...

A country where people will go and buy 20 grams of gold rather then buy a much desired MAC book.

A country where 90% of population is still waiting for there dream car rather then having a SUV.

A country where population is growing but not srinking.

A country where home loans are growing and for banks this has become benchmark.

A country where 10% popluation hold 90% of it's wealth.

A country where urban migration is the largest anywhere in the world.

A country where first thing is to have there home first rather then have there country weekend holiday.

A country where people stand at 4:00 AM at the school's queue to get a admission form.

A country where for 16000 D.D.A flats you have million application and if unlucky then waiting for years to get another chance.

A country where ANNA become absolute NAA when fingure turns back at them.

Jawhar good attempt but nothing will change you can try but people who say thank you to you will jump next day to buy there 3rd or 4th property if they see a 3000 SQFT rate tommorow.

Relax Buddy enjoy the tide and keep floating you will be rescued sooner not by anyone but only by wisdom.
        No one can change the Indian thinking of having more and more land/flats/houses and thats how we are. It has not only financial but social aspect too. Having more property is considered to be sign of richness and money has always ruled our society. We are more capitalist than any other country in world.

Comment

Originally posted by vatsalbajpai View Post
          Nahi bhai...tub bhi hamare portfolio me 40% RE tha...2.5 years me overall portfolio appreciate kiya phir bhi 40% RE hain...ab to samajh hi gaye..
          Aur prabhu aaj tak naked shorting to kabhi kee hi nahi......kahi aap apni kahani to nahi suna rahe ki 2009 ke jhatke ke baad aap permanent optimist ban gaye...
          Always remember optimism or pessimism should be on side of profits...
          No, I missed out. had just entered the stock market that time. My broker suggested buying 4200 calls on that friday. I didn't know what options are and hence refused.

On monday he called me to tell that I missed out on making lakhs!

Comment

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/5...ca_o_vieja.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by fatichar View Post
              No, I missed out. had just entered the stock market that time. My broker suggested buying 4200 calls on that friday. I didn't know what options are and hence refused.

On monday he called me to tell that I missed out on making lakhs!

Had markets moved opposite will he had called you and told u saved couple of lakhs?? no...brokers are like that in nature............
              anyway Markets are like a cow ,can take 1 liter daily no issues but the day u start trying to make cpl of lakhs out of cpl of lakhs in short time,then u r doomed...
              Also it is very important to allocate asset ratios in your portfolio ,like for me it is 30% RE,30% stocks,10% gold, 10% bonds , 10% FD's.

However now i am 25% RE,20% stocks,15% gold,15% bonds,25% FD's.
              Cash %age bada rahe hain....agle 24 months me acchhe bargain offers aayenge.....every asset class me...

Comment

Originally posted by Jawhar View Post
                Buy property anywhere, at any price, and it will go up. Is this blindness or optimism? Why are people still keeping money in PF, mutual funds, stocks and shares, FD, debentures etc. Invest in property and it will double in two years. You want any proof - ask Mohan, ask Radha , ask Santokh, ask Renu. Otherwis ask your neighbor , ask your colleague, ask your boss, ask your subordinate .

Foolish are they who put their money for a mere 9.5% in FD, they get only 19% in two years. Also get TDS deducted, so yield is still less. Why don't they invest in property. It will double in two years. Yes sure - ask Rahim , ask Gobind, ask Tara , ask your pan wallah, ask your kaam wali.

Still not convinced - read Amar Ujala - India's most popular newspaper. A lot of positive real estate news links in the entire forum are from Amar Ujala.

Friends don't wait. Time is money. Don't even waste a day. Go and invest in property. If you waste one day, you loose 14 basis point of appreciation. Yes, act now or you will miss the bus. Please act fast. Act smart.

If apartment is not available, go for villa. Or go for floor or plot or lal-dora property. Go friends, go to builders and explore. If apartments are sold, something may be available in pre-launch. If even pre-launch is sold, I very sincerely advise to give cheque of 5 lakhs each to 4-5 'GOOD' builders with a request to consider this money as an advance for their future project.

Come-on, you are still reading this. What I am writing is all trash- hurry up, and go to buy property. In 2 years even a square inch of land in India will not be available. Haven't you heard - they are not making land any more.

Japanese are not buying property, and property price in Japan today is exactly the same as it was 25 YEARS BACK. And Japan's population density is more than India's. But please don't go by this. Haven't I told you that what I am writing is all trash, and you should straight away go and buy property. After all property is life, and life is property. And about Japanese - they are FOOL.

Americans are not buying property. Their earning is 12 times our earning and their house (much better and bigger than ours) cost less than half our houses. So what ? Americans are also fools. In fact bloody fools.

While you read this trash, many good 3BHK flats were sold for as little as 1.5 crores. Some in Mahindra Aura , and some in Surindra Laura. It is evening now, and prices will be revised tomorrow. Don't have your bed tea tomorrow, and don't waste time going to loo also. Go and buy property. Property is life , and life is property
                Buddy dont take it otherwise but clearly you know nothing about RE. It looks like you missed the bus in last 2 years & there is some regret now.

Seeing your write ups & criticisms and always suggesting FD's, was just wondering what are you doing on this forum. Or are you into social service. Enlighten please.

Comment

Comparing japan n america with india is a big mistake...

Jawhar bhai likh kar rakh lo.. Property of e-way will be double in 5 yrs frm now...

N without TDS...

thanks

P.S.- when u say that u have 10 flats in ncr... It feels nice.

Comment

Facebook and Kolaveri Di have one big thing in common — no one knows why they succeeded

I would like to share this wonderful but very realistic news article. In simple word, our knowledge is very limited to talk about tomorrow.

Facebook and Kolaveri Di have one big thing in common — no one knows why they succeeded

Facebook and Kolaveri Di have one big thing in common — no one knows why they succeeded - The Economic Times

Comment

Originally posted by akash.g View Post
                      Comparing japan n america with india is a big mistake...

Jawhar bhai likh kar rakh lo.. Property of e-way will be double in 5 yrs frm now...

N without TDS...

thanks

P.S.- when u say that u have 10 flats in ncr... It feels nice.
                      I quite agree with akash.g

I dont know how much will property multiply but it will appreciate for sure...
                      We keep hearing that the best phase of RE is over but for years and years, RE is showing good growth and for more years and years, we keep hearing the same.

I keep saying, invest smartly, invest if you have decent funds with you. Stretch yourself to a reasonable extent but dont depend purely on Loans to invest in RE...

Best of Luck...

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X