Hi,
Don't understand why there is huge price difference in under construction RE in Noida & Gurgaon?
Comparison parameters -
1) Underdeveloped Areas
Noida: Noida X way, Sectors 11X, Sector 7X (Leaving NE out of scope)
Gurgaon:D X way, Sector 8X, Sector 9X, Sector 11X
2) Infrastructure
Noida: Better road connectivity, closer to developed areas, Green
Gurgaon: good roads only on papers, connectivity issues as of now, other side of NH8
3) Schools/Commercials:
Noida: Schools with 5-8 kms, Less commercial activity on X-way
Gurgaon: Similar to Noida region.
4) Builders presence:
Noida: Large to mid size builders present ex: JP, Unitech, ATS, 3C etc
Gurgaon: More Large size builders projects ex: DLF, Raheja, Mahendra Vipul etc
5) Specifications:
Noida: Most builders providing decent specs - Modular kitchen, wooden flooring, Imported marbles in living, wardrobes, clubs, swimming pool etc
Gurgaon: Similar to Noida properties. Except few high end where they provide AC in all rooms. most project have similar specs.
6) Price per SFT:
Noida: Prices of most under construction pojects varies from 3500 to 5000. Where Rs 5000 is for only 1 or 2 projects. Mostly you will find fresh booking below 4500 ALL INCLUSIVE.
Gurgaon: Prices varies from 3500 - 7000. Where you ll find 3500 for few projects in 9X region. Mostly all projects are above 4500 or more in fresh booking.

Clearly Noida has better infrastructure and connectivity but still prices of Gurgaon command more price. Why?

Please provide your inputs and explain me this ....

PS: Limited knowledge so correct me if data is incorrect
Read more
Reply
36 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Noida & Gurgaon are mainly IT/BPO Jobs Market of NCR but Gurgaon has an edge of having most of the IT Jobs there (At least Tripple then Noida).... Actual High Paid IT Jobs with more than 24 Lac+ per annual salary also mainly in Gurgaon..... Noida has very few real High Paid IT Jobs.
    CommentQuote
  • So only high paying job is criteria to decide the prices of location? In Noida also lot of companies are moving and people are getting paid handsome salaries... moreover if that is the only criteria then bangalore Electronic city should have commanded the highest price ...but thats not true because u can get decent flat in EC below 4000 psft...

    Any more thoughts?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Jabwemet
    So only high paying job is criteria to decide the prices of location? In Noida also lot of companies are moving and people are getting paid handsome salaries... moreover if that is the only criteria then bangalore Electronic city should have commanded the highest price ...but thats not true because u can get decent flat in EC below 4000 psft...

    Any more thoughts?


    Next May Be.... Gurgaon RE Rates is Over Hyped due to high investors interest, in this case there may be some correction or stagnation in next few year. Because other than Huge IT Jobs Noida score at every place.
    CommentQuote
  • I agree with you... doesn't understand the logic for such a high price in gurgaon....

    I remember during the boom time 2006-2007, i started my job and went to get rented apartment in Hyderabad Madhapur.....my broker took me to one house which was nothing more then a piegon hole 1BHk. I was not interested but still went ahead and asked the rent to which owner said Rs 8000, and told me you are in IT and would be making loads and loads of money .... its just a perception of high money..... ask me what is ground reality
    CommentQuote
  • Gurgaon RE is high because of international Airport - which has also attracted lot of IT compaines!

    But I like Noida, as I feel its a better place to live!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by lguy4u
    Gurgaon RE is high because of international Airport - which has also attracted lot of IT compaines!

    But I like Noida, as I feel its a better place to live!


    Well, I agree with you. Apart from Jobs everything else is mostly the same. But job is not just another factor. It is a major one.

    It is basic Supply-Demand concept. Not many High paying jobs in Noida, not many high end projects in Noida, not many high end builders, not much appreciation.

    A builder in Noida can raise price from 5K/sqft to 8K/sqft but from where will he get a buyer from? Builder are very smart, if there would have been an opportunity they would stretch to max. They won't sell anything at an undervalue. it is the correct value of Noida as of now.

    In future if things turn around and Noida gets more high paying jobs and few world events like F1. Maybe the demand would increase and so would the price....

    When it comes to Infra, I think Gr. Noida also has good infra, good roads but it's price is not comparable to Gurgaon. Why ? same reason.Not much demand. it has to be created using one or other means and you will see those skyrocket price you are looking for.
    CommentQuote
  • In my opinion Gurgaon is much better than Noida if you compare law and order condition. For sure UP will remain UP whether u make it Noida or Lucknow or Ghaziabad..
    This is the the major factor behind price rise in Gurgaon.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chaudhary
    In my opinion Gurgaon is much better than Noida if you compare law and order condition. For sure UP will remain UP whether u make it Noida or Lucknow or Ghaziabad..
    This is the the major factor behind price rise in Gurgaon.



    At first your argument makes a lot of sense- but it fails to explain why new Noida rates are higher than new Faridabad?????????

    Haryana >>> UP (within NCR) logic test fails with Sonipat/Fbd and a lot of places????
    CommentQuote
  • Noida / Gr-Noida both are well planned, if UP government becomes more business friends and attract more big companies in the SEZ's & International Airport ..... this area can grow many folds.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chaudhary
    In my opinion Gurgaon is much better than Noida if you compare law and order condition. For sure UP will remain UP whether u make it Noida or Lucknow or Ghaziabad..
    This is the the major factor behind price rise in Gurgaon.


    No this is not a reason. Law & Order equally bad in Gurgaon also (read any Local newspaer, 100s of cases every week) .... because both comes in India ;)

    BTW 1 FACT.... Average Society Flats Rates in Noida is really 1500-2000 PSF Below than Gurgaon BUT Residential Land Rates of Noida (or even GZB) having same type of good Gurgaon Locality is higher than Gurgaon..... Residential Plots in Good Posh Noida / GZB areas is ~1 Lac PSY, and in some areas it is even much more in Noida , in Ramprastha GZB it is 1.20 Lac PSY..... But in Gurgaon several posh areas even just 4 KM far from Metro has Residential Land Rates ~70K to 80K PSY.

    In Society Flats Rates Gurgaon is Ahead by 30%
    In Residential Land Rates of same type of posh areas Noida is Ahead by 30% to 80% ....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Jabwemet
    So only high paying job is criteria to decide the prices of location? In Noida also lot of companies are moving and people are getting paid handsome salaries... moreover if that is the only criteria then bangalore Electronic city should have commanded the highest price ...but thats not true because u can get decent flat in EC below 4000 psft...

    Any more thoughts?


    Noida has more IT companies and more ppl working in IT than GGN. Noida also has much more area for systematic expansion, Noida Authority has done really good job for this.
    Once the rate have gone up, they are not going to come down...appreciation most often of the times does not happen, it is created. GGN has been able to do so and Noida is on its way, for me Noida is doing thing more correctly than GGN. All the honchos will be noticing this.
    CommentQuote
  • In Noida most of the builders have got cheap land on installment with 8 year payment term in remote undeveloped locations. This is the only reason why flats are cheaper in Noida.

    In future the land will become costlier and so there will be increase in prices.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi

    This is an interesting thread - for this is one aspect that has never ceased to surprise me either - having lived in Gurgaon - Noida and Indirapuram - I have had the opportunity to compare the three regions.

    To me Gurgaon is poor in Public Transport and infrastructure be it schools or Hospitals or roads.

    However of late they have had a flurry of healthcare activity and more hospitals are coming up.

    Gurgaon as rightly pointed out on the thread has the International Airport and those who do more of air travel are invariably either from IT or upwardly in corporate scenarios.

    Considering that South Delhi then Vasant Vihar were the 'elite' spots of Delhi a decade back - it was only a matter of time till the same clientage shifted southwards to Gurgaon and so the purchasing power is higher in Gurgaon and the Builders have capitalized on that.

    On the contrary East Delhi or TransYamuna as it used to be called was more of those from Old Delhi who could not afford Delhi would move to East Delhi and so this region of traders and working class had a lower purchasing power.

    Now Noida was initially the abode of ex - Army who are very price sensitive and it is only recently that the Army housing complexes are being abandoned for the new age builders - give it time the concept is now changing with the coming in of good builders like ATS and 3 Cs of this world - the prices will go up in the next few years

    CommentQuote
  • The comparison looks fine, but in the next year or so, there is going to be price correction at both the places - and once again Gurgaon will lead here, with a higher correction in prices
    CommentQuote
  • Gurgaon to me appears to be developed in clusters. Some pockets are very good while others are pathetic..... The feel of overall planed city is definitely missing in Gurgaon.

    Noida has yet to take the test. Planning seems to be OK but when real population will move in on still developing projects in expressway etc . It will show its real color.

    Very interestingly a lot of outsiders don't think of Noida beyond expressway. When they compare Noda v/s Gurgoan it is noida e-way V/S Gurgaon in real sense. Not sure if this yardstic is correct or not....
    CommentQuote