As per our honorable government, from July-2010 under construction property has attracted service tax, which was passed on by builder to buyer. Thanks to Government & our innocent builders.

Service Tax = 10.3% on 25% BSP Amount

Service Tax on PLC = 10.3% of PLC Amount.

Builder is also providing Service Tax receipt no. along with the receipt of Total amount.

But how to make sure government received this amount?
Read more
11 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Well.......... we can not go in deep into this... If you are getting salary and your company deducting TDS... then have we checked if company is depositing TDS to govt..???

You go to restaurant and have tasty meal and pay amount 4-12% VAT .. do we check if that is deposited to govt.

Even if you call for Pizza... dominos OR pizza hut... put 10% VAT and add into your bill.. did we call and check if that is deposited... no way...

This can not be checked and even we can not check by just going to builder office... we are not authorized but only Govt official can check.
    CommentQuote
  • Not sure about others, but TDS probably can be checked on NSDL site....
    You also get the reference number for those TDS in Form16, as far as I recall.

Originally Posted by fritolay_ps
    Well.......... we can not go in deep into this... If you are getting salary and your company deducting TDS... then have we checked if company is depositing TDS to govt..???

CommentQuote
  • Just file a RTI to the excise or whatever the concern department collects service tax and you will get an idea as how much payment builder is making.

Originally Posted by LChand
    As per our honorable government, from July-2010 under construction property has attracted service tax, which was passed on by builder to buyer. Thanks to Government & our innocent builders.

Builder is also providing Service Tax receipt no. along with the receipt of Total amount.

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rakesh_sahu
    Not sure about others, but TDS probably can be checked on NSDL site....
    You also get the reference number for those TDS in Form16, as far as I recall.

Come on guys!! ... many people, including so called reputed companies are playing with your TDS, PF amount. Just few days back we heard that King Fisher was one of those.

Some big companies has their own sister PF company and in many cases they refuse to return PF amount to their leaving employees in one excuse or the other.

Shikanjibhai, Rakeshbhai, aap Manoja ke paas Shimla chale jao kuch dino ke liye .. CHILL mar ne ke liye!! Jyada hi tension le rahe ho!!

:bab (48):
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by LChand

Wat abt service tax on lease rent? parking?

I bought gaur city2. n they have charged service tax on combined of bsp+parking+lease rent.

Kindly guide
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by del_sanju
    Wat abt service tax on lease rent? parking?

I bought gaur city2. n they have charged service tax on combined of bsp+parking+lease rent.

Kindly guide

as far as i know we don't have to pay any service tax for extra parking.
    I have booked the flat in sector 120 i paid approx 2.5% tax on BSP towards all the payments that i made after august/september 2010. I paid approx 10% on PLC and no tax on parking.
    my 1st payment for parking was made in Dec 2011
    CommentQuote
  • I was told builders charge 10.3% on parkings. Is this true ?
    CommentQuote
  • i was also told that 2.5 on BSP and 10.3 on all other payments....
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,

Anybody bought in gaur city share info abt service tax charged.

regards,
    CommentQuote
  • same here..

But i got my plc added in the bsp.. to make things a bit cheaper for me

parking - no tax

Originally Posted by manishag
    as far as i know we don't have to pay any service tax for extra parking.
    I have booked the flat in sector 120 i paid approx 2.5% tax on BSP towards all the payments that i made after august/september 2010. I paid approx 10% on PLC and no tax on parking.
    my 1st payment for parking was made in Dec 2011
    CommentQuote
  • CAn you pls elaborate on this "own sister PF company" bit? AFAIK, PF deductions have to either deposited to PF commissioner or the PF trust both very tightly regulated by the govt. The CEO is "personally" responsible and can be jailed.

So, i thought its very safe. But from your post it Looks like there may be some catch for companies to funnel that off... Will be good to know the loopholes. Pls share

Originally Posted by gharondabhai
    Come on guys!! ... many people, including so called reputed companies are playing with your TDS, PF amount. Just few days back we heard that King Fisher was one of those.

Some big companies has their own sister PF company and in many cases they refuse to return PF amount to their leaving employees in one excuse or the other.

Shikanjibhai, Rakeshbhai, aap Manoja ke paas Shimla chale jao kuch dino ke liye .. CHILL mar ne ke liye!! Jyada hi tension le rahe ho!!

:bab (48):
    CommentQuote