Hello Friends! I am a newbie here. I am interested in buying two flats in the same society and preferably on the same floor. Both flats are for end use, One for myself (with my wife and two kids), and one for my parents. I can wait 1.5yrs to 2 yrs for possession. Right now I am living in South Delhi in Alaknanda on rent, and I am buying against a property sold in my hometown. My budget is 2cr. My workplace is in Okhla right now. I will be able to to give a down payment immediately and the balance within 2-4 months. My prime concern is that the society should have a focus on 3 or 4 bed room flats only, and not too congested. It should have good amenities inside(clubhouse, gym etc.), and should be elderly people friendly. One important point is I have only white money, and no cash component, so I think flats on re-sale could be a problem.

I visited 3c's LB and LP, ATS One Hamlet, Purvanchal royal park, Jaypee, and I have shortlisted the following:

1. 2 1950 aqft flats in Purvanchal Royal Park
2. One 2000 sq feet and one 1636 sq feet in ATS One Hamlet.

I would like your opinions (pro's and con's) and comparisons on the same, and I am open to new suggestions as well. I am very confused but want to book ASAP maybe by this Sunday itself. This is the first time I am buying a property

Thanks

Raj
Read more
29 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • you have shortlisted 2 of the best under construction projects in Noida!

Pros for Hamlet -
    - Better location and low density area though it does have Panache on the side
    - I would rate ATS an edge over Purvanchal in styling based on ATS Village Vs Silvercity. Their landscaping is far superior but Hamlet won't have much green area so that shouldnt matter much
    - Aspirational value

Cons -
    - 1636 type C flats get limited or no sunlight and winter months can be bad especially for senior citizens
    - As of current rates, they are lot more expensive than royal park (5500 DP for ATS vs 3900 or 4000 for royal park)
    - All towers are 26 stories

Pros for Royal park -
    - This is the only project they are working on and maybe 1 more in greater noida so all energies on this one and they may try to make it their best one
    - Big laser park coming in vicinity of 100acres or something like that
    - I think towers range from 18 floors to 24 (not sure..)

Cons -
    - Sec 137 seems like a concrete jungle and will become very crowded down the road
    - no availability in current inventory

I heard royal park will be launching new towers in few months at rate of 5000. At that rate, 2 flats of 1950 will cost you 2cr. Though it would be a steep jump of 25% in 6 months, if they finally sell them at 4500-4800, then you stand to save lot of money. you could also get 2 apts on same floor in royal park.

In ATS, you will have to go for resale flats and rate of 1636 may be slightly lower (around 5300) and chances are you will not find 1636 and 2000 on same floor and building.

It's a tough call on which one is better option so your call finally!

Originally Posted by rajbhatia
    Hello Friends! I am a newbie here. I am interested in buying two flats in the same society and preferably on the same floor. Both flats are for end use, One for myself (with my wife and two kids), and one for my parents. I can wait 1.5yrs to 2 yrs for possession. Right now I am living in South Delhi in Alaknanda on rent, and I am buying against a property sold in my hometown. My budget is 2cr. My workplace is in Okhla right now. I will be able to to give a down payment immediately and the balance within 2-4 months. My prime concern is that the society should have a focus on 3 or 4 bed room flats only, and not too congested. It should have good amenities inside(clubhouse, gym etc.), and should be elderly people friendly. One important point is I have only white money, and no cash component, so I think flats on re-sale could be a problem.

I visited 3c's LB and LP, ATS One Hamlet, Purvanchal royal park, Jaypee, and I have shortlisted the following:

I would like your opinions (pro's and con's) and comparisons on the same, and I am open to new suggestions as well. I am very confused but want to book ASAP maybe by this Sunday itself. This is the first time I am buying a property

Thanks

Raj
    CommentQuote
  • Buy a Plot in Jaypee Greens Noida...and make a villa there

Total will be less than 2 crores

U will have the land...the teraace and its LIFETIME

No MaINTENANACE ISSUES

NO CONSTRUCTION HASSLES

Donot buy flat in this budget

Rest ur money....
    CommentQuote
  • Before u start talking about security issues..blah blah blah......

visit the plot sectors in noida and greater noida which are by private builders....and see the villas and kothis there

Donot think every plot project is like malviya nagar !!!!

Donot buy flats in this budget....

Buy Flats in Noida are for 70-80 lakh budget maximum
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Zohaib..! I may have to Mortgage one property for my business at a later stage, and I want to cap the same, otherwise this had crossed my mind before.
    CommentQuote
  • Honest Opinion:

Noida expressway flat prices were ok till about 8-10 monhs.

and that was the time to enter and buy .....even today..anyone with a budget of 70-80 lakhs buying here is fine.

2 crores in Flat project....really not recommended...

Its better to invest this money somewhere else and come back after 2 yeears when these projects withh be RTM....

There is a massive inventory to be unloaded and around this region....and for sure RTM time..prices would be within easy reach.

Even plot rates have gone up....but anyday..its FAR BETTER to put ur money in a end user favourable olot region today...than putting 2 crores in flat project.

You will be blocking your 2 crores in UC property for good 2 years...
    Had they been RTM..and seeing ur need as end user...it would have still made some sense

You will continue to pay rent...till any project is RTM.

2 crore is a Huge amount and you should be very careful with it.

Many permutation and combination are possible with it.

If you are willing to go to sector 137...you can even have a look at plot options in greater noida pari chowk region..which is further 10 mins away on expressway and RTM in all possible aspects.

For End use point of view...the best plot options for you, in ur budget would be:

1. Jaypee Greens noida
    2. Noida authority plot sectors which offfer smaller sizes in RTM locations

And if these are expensive for you

- Pari chowk Greater Noida

These are end user friendly areas and not in some jungle where even to buy Bread you have to drive Kms in your car

All the best
    CommentQuote
  • Also, Shrek,

I have been to both PRP and Hamlet sites, I am impressed with the sample flat of PRP, which is well made and the layout is great as well.

On the other hand ATS does not have a sample flat, so the sale guy took me to the construction site on the 1st floor of tower 7 to give me an idea of the flat. But, I felt that the size of a 2000sq ft flat was much smaller then 1950sq ft of PRP. The lobby width should have been around 21feet as per the floor plan, which was definitely not there, I do not think it was no more then 16-17 feet. Even the bedrooms I thought were appearing small, I could be wrong though? Has anyone felt the same? When i questioned the Sales guy he said, "Sir Jo saamne hai wahi hai"? Huh? I really feel next time I should be taking a roll of measuring tape with me to check for myself.

What do you think?
    CommentQuote
  • Bhatia jee....here is my opinion -

1) Quality of life will be 1000% better in "good society" for parents and kids. defination of "good" is upto you ( pls don't ask me to define good :-) else yeh conversation shuru hone se pehle he khatam ho jayegey :-)

2) If you book 2 flats in under construction property - the advantage is you will get the flats on the same floor ( as there are choices available when project is just launched or UC) and i am sure you want the same as there is no point having parents in another tower and you in another.

3) If possible, buy "ONLY" in low density society ( try omaxe grand woods on express way) if it fits your budget and requirement - it is one of the last low density societies in noida for MIG category and it's also RTM.

4) Another option ( if you want and have the money ) - buy one big flat ( around 3500-4000 sqft ) - Jaypee Kalypso/pavallion might do the trick.

sense of security, peace of mind, healthy social environment with like minded people are PRICESLESS.

PS - Zohaib .....man don't start the fight now ....it is just my opinion :-))))

regards
    Sbajaj
    CommentQuote
  • agreed with sbajaj,

independent kothi type house or a flat is a personal choice. Even if somebody pay me the rent to live in his kothi I wont.....Each persons personal circumstances are different and decision is accordingly taken.

Only large business families shall continue to like living in kothis for another few decades..Rest all dink, disk type families alays prefer apartments and % of such people in coming years especially in NCR shall increase..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by zohaib2012
    Honest Opinion:

Noida expressway flat prices were ok till about 8-10 monhs.

and that was the time to enter and buy .....even today..anyone with a budget of 70-80 lakhs buying here is fine.

2 crores in Flat project....really not recommended...

Its better to invest this money somewhere else and come back after 2 yeears when these projects withh be RTM....

There is a massive inventory to be unloaded and around this region....and for sure RTM time..prices would be within easy reach.

Even plot rates have gone up....but anyday..its FAR BETTER to put ur money in a end user favourable olot region today...than putting 2 crores in flat project.

You will be blocking your 2 crores in UC property for good 2 years...
    Had they been RTM..and seeing ur need as end user...it would have still made some sense

You will continue to pay rent...till any project is RTM.

2 crore is a Huge amount and you should be very careful with it.

Many permutation and combination are possible with it.

If you are willing to go to sector 137...you can even have a look at plot options in greater noida pari chowk region..which is further 10 mins away on expressway and RTM in all possible aspects.

For End use point of view...the best plot options for you, in ur budget would be:

1. Jaypee Greens noida
    2. Noida authority plot sectors which offfer smaller sizes in RTM locations

And if these are expensive for you

- Pari chowk Greater Noida

These are end user friendly areas and not in some jungle where even to buy Bread you have to drive Kms in your car

All the best

will be surprised if heed is not paid to it
    CommentQuote
  • @Sbajaj:

Nicely Summed up for Flat requirements...

Could NOT Agree more with the following :

LOW DENSITY

SIMILAR CROWD

Should be very important in the budget of the gentleman

Stay AWAY From Projects with a Khichdi of 1,2 bhk Units and 3,4 Bhk Units..All in One

ATS Hamlet....Not much open space...But good brand value and quality in past

Purvanchal Royal Park....More open than ATS...BUT Brand Value less than ATS
    Location wise...is also decent

Jaypee Golf facing Properties...VFM right now...but have delay issues

Omaxe Grandwoods....Stood exposed Raw for many seasons and coupled with Average construction quality of Omaxe...I wouldnt recommend for End user...

Agar 5500-6000 psf hi dena hai ..then Better give to Jaypee Greens Greater Noida...rather than Omaxe Grandwoods !!!!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by zohaib2012
    @Sbajaj:

Nicely Summed up for Flat requirements...

Could NOT Agree more with the following :

LOW DENSITY

SIMILAR CROWD

Should be very important in the budget of the gentleman

Stay AWAY From Projects with a Khichdi of 1,2 bhk Units and 3,4 Bhk Units..All in One

ATS Hamlet....Not much open space...But good brand value and quality in past

Purvanchal Royal Park....More open than ATS...BUT Brand Value less than ATS
    Location wise...is also decent

Jaypee Golf facing Properties...VFM right now...but have delay issues

Omaxe Grandwoods....Stood exposed Raw for many seasons and coupled with Average construction quality of Omaxe...I wouldnt recommend for End user...

Agar 5500-6000 psf hi dena hai ..then Better give to Jaypee Greens Greater Noida...rather than Omaxe Grandwoods !!!!!!

Jaype Greens is a GN property and Omaxe is Noida Xpressway - location ka bahut farak hain. Or are you referring to Jaypee Wish Town in Noida Xpressway?
    CommentQuote
  • I meant....If one has to shell out 6000psf for END USE (Omaxe grandwoods is quoted approx 6000 psf nowadays..as its almost RTM)

Then Jaypee Greens Greater Noida..is a great option.

It has No LIG, MIG Unit at all

Its without any doubt..one of the Most premium residential areas in NCR

Its just 10 mins drive from sector 137 (where this gentleman is WILLING to buy)
    CommentQuote
  • ATS not having a sample flat is not really much of worry as even DLF doesn't bulid sample flats. But I have to agree with you regarding size of 2000sq ft flat. I have booked one as well and when I saw a semi-finished flat on their site, it seemed small. In fact, 1636 and 2000 seemed almost same size...I was told that after finishing it looks lot bigger ??

I have seen their apartments in ATS-Paradiso in Greater noida where 2000 size flat actually seems lot bigger than their 1600 size flat...for some reason they sell them as 2150 and 1700 sq ft flats...not sure how size can change.

meanwhile the price went up so fast...i had booked at 3900 last year and now it's 5500 so my worries about size somewhat disappreard :-)

Also, Shrek,

I have been to both PRP and Hamlet sites, I am impressed with the sample flat of PRP, which is well made and the layout is great as well.

On the other hand ATS does not have a sample flat, so the sale guy took me to the construction site on the 1st floor of tower 7 to give me an idea of the flat. But, I felt that the size of a 2000sq ft flat was much smaller then 1950sq ft of PRP. The lobby width should have been around 21feet as per the floor plan, which was definitely not there, I do not think it was no more then 16-17 feet. Even the bedrooms I thought were appearing small, I could be wrong though? Has anyone felt the same? When i questioned the Sales guy he said, "Sir Jo saamne hai wahi hai"? Huh? I really feel next time I should be taking a roll of measuring tape with me to check for myself.

What do you think?
    CommentQuote
  • I booked PRP when sample flat was being prepared. Things do look better now when furniture is placed properly.

I had measured the balcony of sample flat as well as the actual flat using foot-steps. U just need to measure your foot size or shoe size and u can measure the room size or whatever dimension u want to measure.

Though I have never visited any of ATS property, but have heard of their reputation and deviation to what is mentioned is not possible.

PS: New projects have increased loading in terms of super area vs carpet area.

Also, Shrek,

What do you think?
    CommentQuote
  • hello.. what was the price quoted for ATS 1 hamlet - 2000 sq ft.. i am considering to buy one myself. If you are serious abt ATS 1, msg me, possibly we can join and get some volume discount..

Thanks

Raj
    CommentQuote