Hello,
I have been doing some online research on apartments in Noida, Greater Noida and on Express way and it is getting difficult for me to narrow down choices depend on my situation.
I am seeking feedback and opinions from you guys, who are well aware of ground reality. I am outside India right now. I will be coming in next 2 months to book 3 BHK apartment. Though I will come back permanently in next 2-3 years. I am not looking to spend beyond 85 lacs, without loan. I am in IT field and will remain in same domain, after landing in India too. I do not want to look in 7x sector, which are going to be consisted in next 5-6 years due to large number of apartments nearby. People can correct o that, as I am reading it on posts only, not aware of real situations.
I have few doubts, if somebody want to shed light on them Where to look for apartments ? Most of companies are located along express way, so many will suggest express way. But two points -
1- I read in many other other posts, that most companies along express way are not in real tech business. They are BPO's. Is it true ? If this is true, next option to find employment is, sector 62, 23, 24, etc.
2- How much difference it would make, if I look in Greater Noida, instead of express way ? For example, if I look at Plumeria Garden Estate (55 Lac) over ATS Picturesque Reprieves (~85 Lac) for almost (not exact) same area. There is straight 30 Lac difference (which is really big difference), but I will be driving just extra 15-20 minutes. I will be relocating to India after 2-3 years, but if I would like to think in long run of 5-10 years down the line. Will Pari chowk traffic give headache during office hours ?
I have not visited Noida/Greater Noida since past 7-8 years, so all ideas I am trying to get from maps and forums posts. And before coming for booking, I want to do some home work and narrow down some choices. This is the reason, I am expecting to learn from other's experiences.
Regards
Read more
Reply
30 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Expressway
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Radhadesh
    Expressway

    @Radhadesh , Thanks for suggestion.
    Would you like to explain it in detail and justify for my other questions ?
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • Radhadesh3 years ago
      Before I could jot down the points, our esteemed forum members have given you all the insights. Whatever location you decide, go for ATS only!
  • I'm not an expert but I was in your situation two years back. I did my research and found out sector 137 to be the most suited for my requirements.
    - Good location - planned Infosys campus, Advant-KPMG and other offices in the vicinity.
    - Metro link with the rest of Delhi / NCR. Metro station under construction in sector 137.
    - All projects (except a couple) are completed and there is plenty of ready-to-move options of all sizes, quality, and price.
    - I didn't want to buy under-construction projects for obvious reasons.

    I am not suggesting any particular project. I hope this will help you.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kamalks
    I'm not an expert but I was in your situation two years back. I did my research and found out sector 137 to be the most suited for my requirements.
    - Good location - planned Infosys campus, Advant-KPMG and other offices in the vicinity.
    - Metro link with the rest of Delhi / NCR. Metro station under construction in sector 137.
    - All projects (except a couple) are completed and there is plenty of ready-to-move options of all sizes, quality, and price.
    - I didn't want to buy under-construction projects for obvious reasons.

    I am not suggesting any particular project. I hope this will help you.
    So in a way, you would suggest expressway, over Greater Noida. I was checking apartents in Sector-137 and most of good ones are nearby 80 lacs for 3 BHK (Paras Tierea, Paramount Floraville, Purvanchal Royal Park, Ajnara Deffodil, Logix Blossom County, Exotica Fresco).

    Apart from extra distance to Greater Noida, was there any other reason, you did not chose Greater Noida ?
    CommentQuote
  • @raghuvendra If you don't plan to live now, have you considered the option of finalizing something when you move back to India for good? Especially in a falling market?

    As to Greater Noida vs Noida, it is not just about distance. They are different cities and there are significant social differences in lifestyle etc. Greater Noida property is cheaper for a reason!
    CommentQuote
  • I may not be coming to India again for next two years at least, so I want to book it now, even it is under construction (but with a reliable builder like ATS) and I can get possession in next 2-3 years.
    Regarding gentry, I will visit all those areas and will get an idea. Thanks, that is your valid point.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear @raghuvendra

    1. There are clear differences between Noida and Greater Noida. In my personal opinion Greater Noida will never evolve to be like Noida. In future, the development will be more towards Yamuna Expressway than Greater Noida proper. Noida is where you should buy.

    2. When you are not planning to live for next two years, why are you getting your money blocked. Better invest in stocks, funds, even FDs and buy something ready-to-move in once you move to India. There is huge inventory of properties from builder, owner, broker, everything you want to buy today will be available after two years too.

    3. It would still make sense to buy ready to move property which can be rented out and will give you some income. But surely not under construction ones.
    CommentQuote

  • Originally Posted by raghuvendra
    I may not be coming to India again for next two years at least, so I want to book it now, even it is under construction (but with a reliable builder like ATS) and I can get possession in next 2-3 years.
    Regarding gentry, I will visit all those areas and will get an idea. Thanks, that is your valid point.

    Go for ATS PICTURESQUE in Noida sector 152. It will be the best place to live in Noida by the time the it is ready for occupation.
    CommentQuote
  • Expressway. Good it companies are on expressway. Greater noida is cheap, and therefore it attracts lower income groups...exception is jp greens and some big authority plots.

    Look at sector 105 properties or jp wishtown rtm.

    Why not buy a 100-150 sqm plot and get it constructed ? You have the money...it will be well worth it.
    CommentQuote
  • I thought of looking at option of buying plot and later construct that. But after careful consideration, it looks like it will go beyond my budget, if I see in "good" areas. Plots near Pari Chowk will costs around 65-70 Lacs and then construction will make total price beyond 1.20 crore. I want to limit myself to 85 lacs. May be, we can think about it in future, when I will relocate there.

    Keeping all money for now and invest somewhere else is all together different story for NRI, while INR is getting stronger for dollar

    I think, per your replies, I can rule out Greater Noida unless I visit personally and find that area convenient and favorable.

    ATS Picturesque and JP Wish town are my options. If I buy under construction apartment from builder with good track record. So I will not pay whole amount now. Do we know, what are possession dates for ATS Picturesque and JP Wish town ? I am reading conflicting opinions for Wish town, few towers are RTM while other posts say that it will take forever.
    CommentQuote
  • @raghuvendra, stay away from Jaypee and plot specially if you stay abroad.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Radhadesh
    @raghuvendra, stay away from Jaypee and plot specially if you stay abroad.


    Staying away from plot is understood, as I will not be able to look after and do regular visits. But reason for staying away from Jaypee ?
    CommentQuote
  • Don't take chances, Jaypee may be headed the similar escape/exit route - http://realty.economictimes.indiatim...apali/59948470
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by raghuvendra
    I thought of looking at option of buying plot and later construct that. But after careful consideration, it looks like it will go beyond my budget, if I see in "good" areas. Plots near Pari Chowk will costs around 65-70 Lacs and then construction will make total price beyond 1.20 crore. I want to limit myself to 85 lacs. May be, we can think about it in future, when I will relocate there.

    Keeping all money for now and invest somewhere else is all together different story for NRI, while INR is getting stronger for dollar

    I think, per your replies, I can rule out Greater Noida unless I visit personally and find that area convenient and favorable.

    ATS Picturesque and JP Wish town are my options. If I buy under construction apartment from builder with good track record. So I will not pay whole amount now. Do we know, what are possession dates for ATS Picturesque and JP Wish town ? I am reading conflicting opinions for Wish town, few towers are RTM while other posts say that it will take forever.


    There are other investment avenues, if falling Dollar is a consideration. Anyway, that's a personal choice. Do keep in mind though that 1) It is a falling market, which may not have found its bottom yet. 2) It is always a matter of chance and luck how the finished product turns out in case of an apartment project. This includes not only the physical aspects, but also the kind of community that ends up forming in a place.

    From personal experience in both a "posh" new society and an "old" society, I found the community to be much much better in the old one. New society had a high share of moneyed elements you wouldn't call "gentry" by any stretch of definition :)

    Good luck!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by raghuvendra
    Hello,
    I have been doing some online research on apartments in Noida, Greater Noida and on Express way and it is getting difficult for me to narrow down choices depend on my situation.
    I am seeking feedback and opinions from you guys, who are well aware of ground reality. I am outside India right now. I will be coming in next 2 months to book 3 BHK apartment. Though I will come back permanently in next 2-3 years. I am not looking to spend beyond 85 lacs, without loan. I am in IT field and will remain in same domain, after landing in India too. I do not want to look in 7x sector, which are going to be consisted in next 5-6 years due to large number of apartments nearby. People can correct o that, as I am reading it on posts only, not aware of real situations.
    I have few doubts, if somebody want to shed light on them Where to look for apartments ? Most of companies are located along express way, so many will suggest express way. But two points -
    1- I read in many other other posts, that most companies along express way are not in real tech business. They are BPO's. Is it true ? If this is true, next option to find employment is, sector 62, 23, 24, etc.
    2- How much difference it would make, if I look in Greater Noida, instead of express way ? For example, if I look at Plumeria Garden Estate (55 Lac) over ATS Picturesque Reprieves (~85 Lac) for almost (not exact) same area. There is straight 30 Lac difference (which is really big difference), but I will be driving just extra 15-20 minutes. I will be relocating to India after 2-3 years, but if I would like to think in long run of 5-10 years down the line. Will Pari chowk traffic give headache during office hours ?
    I have not visited Noida/Greater Noida since past 7-8 years, so all ideas I am trying to get from maps and forums posts. And before coming for booking, I want to do some home work and narrow down some choices. This is the reason, I am expecting to learn from other's experiences.
    Regards


    Buy in SECTOR 107

    GREAT VALUE SHARANAM
    Parteek Edifice
    Lotus 300
    Vanalika
    CommentQuote