Confession of Failed RE Predictions :-(

Last updated: March 15 2012
110 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Confession of Failed RE Predictions :-(

Bobby thanks for the detailed reply.
    The transfer for these plots is indeed a problem as the authority has not yet made a policy regarding transfer. The plots where ALT has been done can't be sold legally and therefore have a lower premium.
    For a 4000m plot the total cost is around 4 cr now ( I wish I had the guts like you to apply for this in original allotment).

I wan't to set up a drug and alcohol rehab facility over the next 10 years and this area seems ideal but I fear the prices will run up fast and will be hard for me to catch. Anyway such is life, I guess one more lesson for the memory bank.

Comment

It is never easy to take such decisions but i strongly believe that luck plays a lot. It was a difficult decision to apply for such a big plot but after having seen so many people who keep on applying i thought it is very rare probability that u get such things alloted without connections , still thought no harm in trying & it just got alloted on the day of dhanteras !

There have been many such incidences where i didnt dare to finalize even though i was aware that the options were damn good...otherwise the money earned would have been far more than this plot. And without much hopes this plot came as a TUKKA as we might say in desi language ! If your destiny shows you the right direction then you become a hero by taking a risk but one wrong risk and all savings become zero as well.

Still i believe firmly that luck shows us the way. And the most beautiful thing that we realize (sometimes too late) is that you can own 1000 metres or 10 million metres but if it gives you peace and contentment then 100 m can be more than sufficient for someone and 10,000 m can be insufficient for someone. It is good to have ambitions and to progress in the material world also but never ever regret ( i keep on convincing myself to avoid regrets if sometimes i feel i got less than what i deserved). Many of us keep increasing our properties , including me, some people even spoil their present for a future that noone has seen. It's equally important to enjoy the moment and do the efforts, regrets should be avoided as far as possible cos end of the day we get only what is written in our destiny. Acceptance is the key to peace ! Few metres more or less wont matter much in the long run as these are temporary pleasures and pleasures are different than happiness !! My signaure says the rest.
      Last edited March 11 2012, 12:46 AM.
      If thou wilt make a happy man, add not unto his riches but take away from his desires

Comment

Bobby bhai I agree with your mature thoughts.

Luck is very important in life and RE is no exception.
        For every opportunity I have missed there have been an equal number where I have been lucky not to have bought. My doubt , laziness and sometimes not having enough money have saved me from making many blunders.
        A few examples of blunders almost made but saved by luck

1. Wanted to buy Unitech Grande in 2007 when it was launched, BSP was 7500 ( 10% initial discount). Did not have enough money.

2.Wanted to buy a plot in NRI City GN ( 2006-7) , was quoted 26-28k psq yd , too lazy to arrange money.

3. Gave the cheque for the token amount for orange county in IP (2007) , at that time they were advertising these appts as " Platinum condos starting at 1 cr" , I had bought at a ridiculously high BSP of around 2800 ( I was really stupid at that time but just did not know it). Saved by luck and stopped the cheque at the last minute.

Comment

Very true , even i wanted to buy nri city plot at its peak but didnt buy fortunately due to lack of funds !

luckily everything is not happening exactly as predicted/guessed by us otherwise the whole game will loose its charm !
          If thou wilt make a happy man, add not unto his riches but take away from his desires

Comment

Originally posted by saurabh2011 View Post
            Cookie bhai predicted NE issue will solved fully in NEW Year 2012, Jan/2012 will be celebrate tension free.... however his prediction gets failed.

I said, issue of NE will solved in April/2012, let us see after 1 month. My prediction of NE HC Result was fully right in OCT/2011, that Court will ask for more compensation where work has been started in NE.

Several members 1 year before predicted that at RTM stage 3C LB will be not less than 5500-6000 PSF in Resale... with actual resale rate ~4500 PSF they falls flat in their prediction.

.......Other Member can add more POL ki KHOL
            Hi Saurabh,
            Hope your prediction comes true...could you please PM me the details of brokers selling LB at 4500PSF as I am struggling to get a good unit at even 4800PSF....I guess several members you are talking about are very close to their prediction of 5500-6000 as resale is going at about 5150-5350....Hope to hear from you soon.....4500 looks too good to me.....m waitng for your reply...

Comment

Originally posted by Trickcyclist View Post
              Bobby bhai I agree with your mature thoughts.

Luck is very important in life and RE is no exception.
              For every opportunity I have missed there have been an equal number where I have been lucky not to have bought. My doubt , laziness and sometimes not having enough money have saved me from making many blunders.
              A few examples of blunders almost made but saved by luck

1. Wanted to buy Unitech Grande in 2007 when it was launched, BSP was 7500 ( 10% initial discount). Did not have enough money.

2.Wanted to buy a plot in NRI City GN ( 2006-7) , was quoted 26-28k psq yd , too lazy to arrange money.

3. Gave the cheque for the token amount for orange county in IP (2007) , at that time they were advertising these appts as " Platinum condos starting at 1 cr" , I had bought at a ridiculously high BSP of around 2800 ( I was really stupid at that time but just did not know it). Saved by luck and stopped the cheque at the last minute.
              Cycle wale bhai,

yeh to batao ki..

1)NRI CITY ka abhi rate kya hain...
              2)"ORANGE COUNTY" ka rate abhi kya hain...

Tab samjh me aayega ki aapne kya khoya aur kya paaya..

Comment

Originally posted by vatsalbajpai View Post
                Cycle wale bhai,

yeh to batao ki..

1)NRI CITY ka abhi rate kya hain...
                2)"ORANGE COUNTY" ka rate abhi kya hain...

Tab samjh me aayega ki aapne kya khoya aur kya paaya..
                Vatsal bhai
                1. NRI city around 35-40 k
                2. Orange County around 5000 psf

No doubt these have appreciated but there have been much better deals around than these e.g. LB was available at the same BSP ( 2800) in 2009.
                Buying in GN at the height of the hype has given less than FD returns.
                More important than the price appreciation is the fact that due to the fear of missing the proverbial bus I almost ended up buying in places where I had no inclination to live or to invest.
                When I went to buy again, it was a pleasant surprise to find that Noida was available at IP and GN prices from 2 years ago.
                Last edited March 11 2012, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fatichar View Post
                  Before 2008, I never thought about investing and growing money. I have modest requirements and thought my income would always be more than expenses. So why bother with additional tension?

Then a friend gave me this book. Rich Dad Poor Dad. It did a great job of convincing me to invest. I started with shares, and luckily the bull run (recovery) started at the same time. So made some money. It also checked my expenses, as as soon as I got salary, I used to transfer half of it in my trading account. This way I saved 4 lakh in 1 year, after paying for my own marriage. Due to this, I could buy a 3 BHK flat in Noida. Had I not read the book, couldn't have managed a 2 BHK also!

But the book is only useful as an attitude changer and motivator. It gives no idea about investments.

But I don't agree that if one is fearful, next generations also become mediocre. My dad missed several opportunities that turned out to be a multi bagger, due to fear. But I am a high risk taker.

the other guy said that due to 1 fearful person in family.....2,3 generations remain fearful. So probably you are the 3rd or the 4th generation after some fearful person in your fore fathers.

Comment

Aaargghhhh! Bought a 4 BHK, DLF Belvedere Park apartmet, some 1760 Sq feet for around 24 lacs, way back in early 2000s! Sold it for some 42 lacs a couple of years down the line!

Don;t really check prices of this property to avoid further pain, but I believe its easily 1.5 Crore plus now!

Another one is my Bank manager chasing me to invest in a suitable 3 BHK flat in any good society in Dwarka for around 15 lacs max in 2001-02! For whatever reasons, I always had severe reservations against even considering Dwarka! Today any 3 BHK flat anywhere in Dwarka is 1 crore plus!

Comment

I started my professional career in 2005 after doing MBA and by 2007 had some savings to invest so decided to invest in RE but had no clue on how to go about it, asked few senior family members everybody dissuaded me against RE saying its like too much headache don't invest in RE

so ended up making 3 bad decisions

1. mid 2009-- Manesar Vatika 1900 bsp......2 bhk was about to finalise on a saturday and planned a visit with a friend, got lazy and didn't go while my friend ended up booking a 3 bhk, now I dread even to check price of that property.

2. again fag end of 2008- early 2009- saw an ad of Raheja on Dwarka expressway(sector 103 I guess) 2000 bsp......never visited the area and didn't invest even though had good funds available...Sh*t happens

3. Last one was LIG in Dwarka for 30lc (6000 bsp) 2 years back. minimum rent there was 6K pm. Now the same proeperty is 55lc+ and rent has reached almost 10K pm.

Some relief at last

Invested in 2 bhk in sec 78 noida in june 2011 at 3000bsp and that thing now has shown some appreciation...lets hope things comeout well for that property.

In the end I remember Warren Buffet quote--
                      You only have to do a very few things right in your life so long as you don't do too many things wrong

Originally posted by deepak51 View Post
                      Aaargghhhh! Bought a 4 BHK, DLF Belvedere Park apartmet, some 1760 Sq feet for around 24 lacs, way back in early 2000s! Sold it for some 42 lacs a couple of years down the line!

Don;t really check prices of this property to avoid further pain, but I believe its easily 1.5 Crore plus now!

Another one is my Bank manager chasing me to invest in a suitable 3 BHK flat in any good society in Dwarka for around 15 lacs max in 2001-02! For whatever reasons, I always had severe reservations against even considering Dwarka! Today any 3 BHK flat anywhere in Dwarka is 1 crore plus!

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X