Last updated: March 30 2012
4 | Posts
1218 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Investments : count your blessings

Hi all

I think that generally we humans have a tendency to remain unsatisfied. Despite many of our good investments we generally talk about our bad investments.
    But it happens sometimes that we do an investment after good calculation or even without calculation but it gives us better results than what we expected.
    So instead of talking about negative investments, lets talk about a few investments that gave good results, it's good to count our blessings also.

I will share my example. I bought a flat in krishna nagar (south delhi) about 2 yrs ago. It was a distress sale as told by a friend of mine who lives near that flat. The seller demanded 40 L for a 3 bhk 110 yds top floor flat. Since he wanted quick payment i got it for 32 L. My friend just called to say theres a good deal and after 2 hrs the deal was done. It took around 5 lakhs more for repairs and to furnish it fully. Since 2 yrs it is on rent and the rent received is 38 k as it is a fully furnished flat with barsati which is rented out separately !
    After 2 yrs the value of flat is more than double and nearly 30% of cost of flat has been already recovered through rent.

I am eager to read good experiences from your side !
    If thou wilt make a happy man, add not unto his riches but take away from his desires

Re : Best Investments : count your blessings

very good rental income ...in north delhi the same would fetch rent of Rs 15k-17k..gd
    Life is good.

Comment

Not everyone is lucky like you dear...........congrats

Comment

very good idea for a thread.

Comment

Few years ago we decided to sell our house in A block vikaspuri, it was 125 sq y independent house 1.5 story and we were offered 48 L max. While meeting a prospect buyer my father decided not to sell and give it to rent to him, a guy who said he desperately needed it on rent and would be able to buy it after 6 months. Since we were not in immediate need of money and that guy requested a lot my father decided to give it to him on rent. That charming guy could make out that my father was too kind to believe all his cooked stories. After first month the rent stopped, always an excuse or another ...and it lingered on for 10 more months with rent coming in little installments, it was very difficult to convince him to vacate. After requesting him for a long time he vacated after 12 months and we received one third of the rent that he was supposed to pay but my father said he has probably seroius financial problems so we should not insist so much for money. Luckily he vacated the house and i told my father that he was too kind and due to his kindness we lost so much rent..but next month God proved me wrong..due to the kindness of my father we lost some rent but we sold the same house after one year for 77 Lakhs instead of 48 Lakhs and few years ago it was a very important amount for us !

There are times when you agree that the problems become blessings in disguise.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
          Working...
          X