Recently most of the new launches in Delhi NCR have happened along these two expressways. Which of the two do you think will give better returns with a long term investment perspective?

My vote goes to Noida expressway as I consider it safer than Dwarka expressway for the simple reason that it already exists. Less chances of downward slide in prices. Proximity to Central Delhi.

I am not very sure of the ROI though. Dwarka expressway may give more returns in the long run but risks are definitely more.This is my personal opinion.

I look forward to your thoughts especially from senior members like AA, Manoja, Punjabi, Venky, BlessU, amit001, fatichar, cookie and many more...

Cheers!!!
Read more
Reply
147 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • INVESTOR ONLY-

    Neck to Neck....A good builder on Dwarka expressway can be very good also...no doubt about it...Noida expressway is running out of good builders projects for Entry of INvestors...as prices have firmed up already of these projects.

    DONOT Invest in Noida expressway at 4500-4700 etc...as it wont touch 8000 psf

    BUT GURGAON...even 9-10k is possible !!!!
    (I AM TALKING ONLY ABOUT QUALITY END PRODUCTS IN BOTH SCENARIOS)


    Untill Unless there is a Massive shift of MNCs in Noida region even bringing it close to 60-70% of what Gurgaon has..UNTILL THEN NOIDA WILL ALWAYS REMAIN CHEAPER THAN GURGAON...

    And i dont see that shift happening so soon....ofcourse things are definatelty happening in noida....but not to the extent that it can match Gurgaon in terms of Corporate, MNC Presence

    The shift of people from delhi are different...Noida gets people from east delhi mostly..while gurgaon is preferred by south delhi people....we all know the difference

    If i had to invest...I would play safe with Noida expressway and try to get a good project under 4500 psf all inclusive
    and exit before possession...and not compare with dwarka expressway as its a possibility that after 2 years dwarka expressway gives more return !!!!!

    Investors should be very stable and not compare....once you jump in....make your premium and exit...dont compare after investing..else jo mil raha hai..woh bhi kam lagega !!!!

    MORE RISK BUT MORE CHANCES OF GAIN - Dwarka expressway
    CommentQuote
  • Don't you think Dwarka expressway is more hyped than Noida expressway.
    More investors are active than actual end users in that region.
    Too many projects leading to oversupply will keep a check on the prices.
    My POV again.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by aam aadmi
    INVESTOR ONLY-

    Neck to Neck....A good builder on Dwarka expressway can be very good also...no doubt about it...Noida expressway is running out of good builders projects for Entry of INvestors...as prices have firmed up already of these projects.

    DONOT Invest in Noida expressway at 4500-4700 etc...as it wont touch 8000 psf

    BUT GURGAON...even 9-10k is possible !!!!
    (I AM TALKING ONLY ABOUT QUALITY END PRODUCTS IN BOTH SCENARIOS)


    Untill Unless there is a Massive shift of MNCs in Noida region even bringing it close to 60-70% of what Gurgaon has..UNTILL THEN NOIDA WILL ALWAYS REMAIN CHEAPER THAN GURGAON...

    And i dont see that shift happening so soon....ofcourse things are definatelty happening in noida....but not to the extent that it can match Gurgaon in terms of Corporate, MNC Presence

    The shift of people from delhi are different...Noida gets people from east delhi mostly..while gurgaon is preferred by south delhi people....we all know the difference

    If i had to invest...I would play safe with Noida expressway and try to get a good project under 4500 psf all inclusive
    and exit before possession...and not compare with dwarka expressway as its a possibility that after 2 years dwarka expressway gives more return !!!!!

    Investors should be very stable and not compare....once you jump in....make your premium and exit...dont compare after investing..else jo mil raha hai..woh bhi kam lagega !!!!

    MORE RISK BUT MORE CHANCES OF GAIN - Dwarka expressway



    what is the current rate in dwarka ggn expressway and that in noida expressway? and is it cheaper in resale.
    CommentQuote
  • Gurgaon is better than Noida in terms of Appreciation.

    Gurgaon rates WILL ALWAYS be higher than Noida UNTILL UNLESS Noida attracts Corporates and MNCs at a Very high rate....which its NOT Able to

    Noida has always been a GOOD End users market...but Gurgaon attracts Top investors.

    Notice the difference in standards of Builders...it will tell you a lot.

    Gurgaon has Top line of builders...noida has barely few.

    Jo hai so hai.....Gurgaon is far ahead of Noida in terms of Investment.
    CommentQuote
  • Sir, I am in working in Pune. & since I am from delhi originally, I would be settling in delhi NCR region. Therefore, I was looking for a flat in either Gurgaon or
    Noida.
    I personally believe that Noida expressway region will give fantastic returns over next 5-10 years , once UP would be divided again into smaller states (with Noida as
    its capital), Mayawati's rule would be over and Taj Expressway is fully functional. The news of new airport would be hotter than before (or probably a reality). (now
    please don't kill me for the assumptions I have made).
    However, I have invested on Dwarka Eway because of follwoing reasons:
    1.Diplomatic enclave would be ready and fully functional in 5+ years. Touching delhi on 1 side.
    2.touching existing 2 airports.
    3. Touching old gurgaon for most part, where already 10 lakhs people of mixed gentry live (with existing schools/ markets etc)
    4. Area would be developed and habitated in 5 years +. Thus giving even better returns.
    My POV. Don't kell me if u don't agree.
    CommentQuote
  • Both areas are big with lots of options and both will have issues of oversupply.
    NE way is operational but DE way is still on paper, having said that the proximity to airport and jobs in GGN evens the score. There is very little to choose between them and the choice will depend on individual circumstances like budget, urgency to get possession and start living.
    My vote will go to NE way because I grew up in Mayur Vihar and am comfortable with Noida, others might have different priorities.
    Another factor is that NE way is the premier area in Noida whereas DE way is only one amongst the various options in GGN and currently lags behind GC/ Ext and even NH8 and Sohna road.
    If I was looking at a purely investment led decision and had a good risk appetite then would have gone for DE way close to Delhi border.
    CommentQuote
  • in current scenario and investment purpose I would prefer DWARKA expy over noida expy as a safer bet even though the rathe are higher over there.
    For end user purpose Noida Expway might be a better bet in long term
    CommentQuote
  • Just wait and see after 10 years.....Noida expressway will be one of the most happenning places of NCR .specially the first 10 -15 kms (starting from mayamaya flyover).
    CommentQuote
  • I agree with you Shammi, I may be new to this forum but I have visited almost most the sites on Delhi NCR in last 1.5 years, I was looking for something in 30 to 50 lac. Infrastructure wise Noida expressway beats most the Delhi NCR projects. Dway is no doubt will come up with a good investment but today nothing is there.. We can only see towers standing in a field. No road, No electricity, No drainage system.

    But in Noida every thing is already there. It just builder needs to complete this project.

    So today I will prefer Noida expressway over Dway


    Originally Posted by shammi
    Just wait and see after 10 years.....Noida expressway will be one of the most happenning places of NCR .specially the first 10 -15 kms (starting from mayamaya flyover).
    CommentQuote
  • I am Invested in both, but I feel next 2 yrs appreciation will be more in NE, DE will pick up when Palam vihar litigation will end...& expressway will look like reality...

    In Long Run DE will Defiantly Beat NE.......
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by harpreetsg_delhi
    I am Invested in both, but I feel next 2 yrs appreciation will be more in NE, DE will pick up when Palam vihar litigation will end...& expressway will look like reality...

    In Long Run DE will Defiantly Beat NE.......


    I agree with your observation that Noida expressway will give more returns on your investment in the next 2 years. However in 5-6 years time, Dwarka expressway does have more potential.

    It will be interesting to compare the rates of under construction properties in these two areas. In NE, the prices vary from Rs. 3600/- (Paras Tierra, Logic County etc) to Rs. 5500 (Lotus Panache etc.). I guess nothing is available for less than Rs. 3500/- per sq. feet as of now.

    Please share your observation on Dwarka expressway projects rates.
    CommentQuote
  • Brother , why are you not considering the rate of luxury projects on Noida Expressway by Jaypee or Unitech ? Some Jaypee projects like recently launched Pebble Beach have been launched at 11, 000 per square feet. Most under construction golf course view property in either Jaypee Wishtown or Unitech Grande beats Lotus Panache fresh booking rate by a fair distance.
    CommentQuote
  • Does any one know why Genpact moved some projects to expressway? Does anyone know why TCS is trying desperately to move more employees to xpressway? Does any one know that WNS is planing to take a little office space in xpressway. 2-3 years back there was nothing. Now people have started thinking seriously.

    Due to my work nature i keep interacting with lot of corporate guys and guys in Gurgaon are not happy about the huge cost of renting office spaces...plus infra issues...so alternatives..a little cost cutting...some diversion to differnt other places are very much on the cards. So even from Investment perspective Noida Expressway will also give returns. Nothing astronomical as unlike Gurgaon not many speculators are in Noida. But Noida expressway will give returns even in long term. But incase of a crash landing Noida will be safer as too many end users are here.

    So my vote is for NE....This is completely my personal opinion.

    Btw i have Investments in NE and i may be biased... :)
    CommentQuote
  • We need to keep our fingers crossed. Its true that as of today, Noida is lagging behind Gurgaon.

    Property rates are decided by demand & capacity of the people to pay. For now, Noida is not having much MNCs & highly paid class. Gurgaon does. Reason, the political scenario in UP was never very conducive for MNCs. None of the UP govt in last decade did anything to invite biggies. Its all dirty game going on there.

    But now with cramping infra of Gurgaon, increased rentals etc., MNCs have started looking towards obvious second choice i.e. Noida. Lot of MNCs / corporate houses have already shifted some of their operations to Noida (like Ericsson, Siemens, Accenture, Genpact, Maxlife, Alcatel-Lucent, IBM etc). Adobe is constructing a huge campus on Noida expressway, several 5 star hotels are already under construction (to name Hyatt near mahamaya by BPTP, one hotel by Logix etc). So the ball has started rolling for Noida. Its a matter of 3-4 years & the change will be clearly visible.

    If somehow the Jhewar airport is realized, this area will be hard to match.
    CommentQuote
  • In my opinion people should not factor in jevar airport in any of their decisions. It is nowhere close to being announced, even if it is allowed it will take decades to be built and be viable. I am not sure if people know this but for Noida IGI will still be closer than Jevar. I think jevar will be 45 to 50 km away from mahamaya flyover.
    CommentQuote