Re-construction of Society

Last updated: April 27 2012
10 | Posts
1622 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-construction of Society

My friend asked a question to me about the re-construction of society and i am trying to find the answer for him on this forum. I know this is Noida forum but query is valid for all location hence asking here.

He want to purchase a flat in IP extension societies for long term perspective and societies in this area is around 20 year old. He wants to know that if 20-30 year down the line if building will not be safe for residents and require to be demolish in the interest of residents then who will be responsible for re-construction of society. I know in DDA flat, DDA offer newly constructed flat at other location in replacement of damaged old flats.

Members in this fourm can answer about this query. Who will be responsible and what is the process?

Re : Re-construction of Society

Even I am curious to know about the same. Also in Noida, we have some sociaties which are more tha 20 yrs old.

Comment

There are lots of recent constructions in Noida (look at sector 50, around Meghdoot park) that will be in bad shape in the next 10 years and probably difficult to live in the next 20 years. High rise would look like an urban ghetto after a 2 decades.

Comment

Anybody has any idea in this matter?

Comment

It depends on the Society or Apartment plot on which building is constructed it is in Freehold or in 99-year lease.
          If plot on the building is constructed is in 99-year lease then after 50+ years re-construction is depends on DDA or government policy.
          If it is Freehold then Society or Association can sell of plot after 50 or 60 years to any private builder on that day market price and share the sell amount equally between all owners or after 50 years builder can reconstruct 60 story building and give one flat each to old owners and sell rest of remaining flats it depends on situation of that time.

Originally posted by indnefb View Post
          My friend asked a question to me about the re-construction of society and i am trying to find the answer for him on this forum. I know this is Noida forum but query is valid for all location hence asking here.

He want to purchase a flat in IP extension societies for long term perspective and societies in this area is around 20 year old. He wants to know that if 20-30 year down the line if building will not be safe for residents and require to be demolish in the interest of residents then who will be responsible for re-construction of society. I know in DDA flat, DDA offer newly constructed flat at other location in replacement of damaged old flats.

Members in this fourm can answer about this query. Who will be responsible and what is the process?

Comment

Thanks kumar but is it really feasible as different residents might have multiple choice and multiple objectives?

Comment

It depends on the how strong is the Society welfare association is and all these things will not possible without taking Legal help.
              This problem you can face inside your home also 4 brothers all wants equal share from the profit of your father property.

Thanks kumar but is it really feasible as different residents might have multiple choice and multiple objectives?

Comment

I have seen it in mumbai. a strongest builder with muscle power will come

he will offer you good amount plus one big new flat in same land by building a high rise.

all the residents who don;t agree ) will agree sooner or later by greed or by fear

Comment

But here all building are already high rise.......so i really doubt there is any possibility to raise the hight or FAR further.

Originally posted by noida_prop View Post
                  I have seen it in mumbai. a strongest builder with muscle power will come

he will offer you good amount plus one big new flat in same land by building a high rise.

all the residents who don;t agree ) will agree sooner or later by greed or by fear

Comment

indnefb tell me name of any residential tower in IP extension societies you mean Patparganj East Delhi which is more the 18 floors.

But here all building are already high rise.......so i really doubt there is any possibility to raise the hight or FAR further.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X