I want some seniors to really help me out here. I bought an apartment in paras seasons in sector 168, when they introduced the apartments. I want to know if i should sell my apartment now or hold on till possession?
-Right now i am getting rate of Rs. 4000 per sq/ft. which gives me good profit.
-My question is if i hold it till possession how much more appreciation can i get? Is it possible to get rate of Rs. 5000 per sq/ft after possession? Or is it too far fetched and there is no point to hold on to this?
-I am just small time investor i am thinking of selling this now and buy again in new launches around sector 150.

Can some seniors suggest what to do? This is first time i am doing this.
Thanks in advance!!
Read more
4 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • It makes sense to move on but to reinvest in sec 150 would mean blocking money for 2/3 years as sec 150 flats will not be easy for reselling.
    CommentQuote
  • Sec. 150 was just an example. But you think i should sell paras seasons and move on? You dont think there will be much appreciation?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gurnor28
    Sec. 150 was just an example. But you think i should sell paras seasons and move on? You dont think there will be much appreciation?

I feel it is always better to diversify than putting all your eggs in one basket. 1 option is that you hold on to it till right before possession because that is when you will get the maximum appreciation. The only problem with this option is that Sector 168 might not attract lot of end users in next 2-3 years because most of this area will remain underdeveloped till then.

What I would recommend is if you are getting a good rate now then sell it and move on. What worked for me in the past is, lets say I bought a flat for 30 lacs and sold it before possession for 40 Lacs then I would take my profit out and reinvest my initial 30 Lacs in pre-launch or fresh launch projects. (good builders only). This way at least I am able to take some profit out and use or invest it somewhere else.

It is also depends from person person and their needs and risk appetite.
    CommentQuote
  • IMO You can sell out 4K ane take ur profit.

But invest in some gud project which can appreciate well ( I dont expect 150 to appreciate much or livable in next 5 yrs)
    sector 168 is very much livable in next 1-2 yrs as companies are already functioning nearby.
    CommentQuote