Dear frnds,

I found India Inc. is going down. Rupee depreciating against foreign currencies (good for only NRI including me) and interest rates are increasing. Inflation rate is too high. I think best to keep your hard earned money in your account and wait for some time.
Read more
Reply
38 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by man4ish
    Dear frnds,

    I found India Inc. is going down. Rupee depreciating against foreign currencies (good for only NRI including me) and interest rates are increasing. Inflation rate is too high. I think best to keep your hard earned money in your account and wait for some time.


    Dont you think its best to invest when the economy is depressed since you have the maximum upside where ever you invest .....

    yes you are lucky to get the best returns from your $$$$ at this time...

    Cheers !!!
    CommentQuote
  • I am expecting price will go down soon by 10 to 15%.


    Originally Posted by Indomura
    Dont you think its best to invest when the economy is depressed since you have the maximum upside where ever you invest .....

    yes you are lucky to get the best returns from your $$$$ at this time...

    Cheers !!!
    CommentQuote
  • This is just a start.... Whole global economy is going to crash.
    Worst is still to come and will come very soon and wait and watch
    Originally Posted by Indomura
    Dont you think its best to invest when the economy is depressed since you have the maximum upside where ever you invest .....

    yes you are lucky to get the best returns from your $$$$ at this time...

    Cheers !!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by man4ish
    I am expecting price will go down soon by 10 to 15%.



    Well I Understand what you mean ......

    In regards to stocks I agree but incase of realty I see stagnancy and then once better times comes then a zoom .......

    Thats just my perspective how I understand the realty market though I maybe wrong

    But thats my perspective of looking at things

    Recessions are the best time to buy out companies or realty because thats the time when you get raw deals..
    CommentQuote
  • I agree with u. That is why i am asking people for wait for some time. Let the bubble burst. Then will use our saving to buy house at very cheap rate.



    Originally Posted by Indomura
    Well I Understand what you mean ......

    In regards to stocks I agree but incase of realty I see stagnancy and then once better times comes then a zoom .......

    Thats just my perspective how I understand the realty market though I maybe wrong

    But thats my perspective of looking at things

    Recessions are the best time to buy out companies or realty because thats the time when you get raw deals..
    CommentQuote
  • why the need of this new thread..i think it should be deleted..everybody know cash is king always..
    CommentQuote
  • Every one is talking abt appreciation only. There should be negative threads which should show other side of coin(negative).

    Originally Posted by ankitmittal14
    why the need of this new thread..i think it should be deleted..everybody know cash is king always..
    CommentQuote
  • a bubble by definition is characterized by euphoria & cannot occur when everybody knows about it and are cautious.. we all know where $ is, Spanish 10-year bond yields touching 7%, US ADP payroll data reversal ... and all gloom doom stories!

    Market have already forseen future and factor in price but may be for short term it can create panic, but i feel its definitely not what you can call a bubble as of now esp real estate here in India... but that's just me and you may disagree :D

    Originally Posted by man4ish
    I agree with u. That is why i am asking people for wait for some time. Let the bubble burst. Then will use our saving to buy house at very cheap rate.
    CommentQuote
  • Realty prices, especially in the Indian context, are much more resilient when compared with share price movement. Panic is so easy to set in in stock market because people sell at short notice, whereas in the case of RE, people cling on to their possessions (get into ''HOLD'' mode) in case the price get mild correction (10%), and wait for the prices to recover before selling...that is generally the case if not mostly....only a few desperate transactions take place at lower prices.

    RE bubble and its bursting is really a far fetched thing, where some people in anticipation of this bubble have off loaded their current holdings and joined the band wagon of wait n watch ...now the wait is getting too long and the people who are sitting on the fence are getting a bit desperate...coz they see prices only going up every now n then....remember!!! only a major upheaval can upset realty scenario in the Indian context.

    More than 90 % people concerned with RE do not read what is being discussed here...they still go by their common knowledge of how RE prices move...only one way...upwards and treat this as their safest money parking destination.
    CommentQuote
  • Sahi baat hai..CASH IS THE KING....par tijori mein pada hua paisaa bilkul bekaar hai!! Paise ko sahi jagah dhoond kar lagao !!

    Aab vo sahi jagah kaun si hai....ye mujhse mat poocho!!
    CommentQuote
  • ktine slow down aaye aur chale gaye,,,, property prices only go up....

    i think we already are witnessing a severe slow down....the only comforting factor is Noida fundamentals are strong and have not been hyped to the extent in Gurgaon (Gurgaon investors will surely differ!!)...

    take the land cost per sq ft, add the construction cost and developers margin...it wont be less than 5k any where in Noida...the properties which are close to possession are safe for investment at current levels...LB, LP, Sharnam, ATS One Hamlet, Zing are all good for investment purposes...
    CommentQuote
  • RE price depend on underliers like land, construction cost, other misc prices to pay to get EB, sewage connections, building approvals etc and finally with builder mark up. The underliers do hold floor price for given apartment. Also whether you are seller or buyer there is an emotion part associated with it which tend to command premium. RE in India is highly discovered asset class in terms of pricing. Now one third of our economy depends on RE for employment, infra development, various other industries indirectly. Rupee getting devalued not because of oil import, people in India becoming rich and they import various discretionary items. Just last 5 years in my street I see more BMWs and Toyota SUVs.

    Ground realty in India is different now as people have more disposable income and have unbelievable buying power. Most of the NRIs who hold ordinary jobs overseas do not feel any rich in back home. Local Indians are much richer than these folks.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sunr2i
    RE price depend on underliers like land, construction cost, other misc prices to pay to get EB, sewage connections, building approvals etc and finally with builder mark up. The underliers do hold floor price for given apartment. Also whether you are seller or buyer there is an emotion part associated with it which tend to command premium. RE in India is highly discovered asset class in terms of pricing. Now one third of our economy depends on RE for employment, infra development, various other industries indirectly. Rupee getting devalued not because of oil import, people in India becoming rich and they import various discretionary items. Just last 5 years in my street I see more BMWs and Toyota SUVs.

    Ground realty in India is different now as people have more disposable income and have unbelievable buying power. Most of the NRIs who hold ordinary jobs overseas do not feel any rich in back home. Local Indians are much richer than these folks.


    agree with you. people in india are getting more richer than many of overseas people. things are very different now than 15/20 years ago
    CommentQuote
  • In all fairness to long term investors they have done well if they invested few years ago. But the trouble is that people are getting carried away and think property prices can never go down. Builder investor lobby is artificially pushing prices higher. Lets not forget, all the investors will one day have to sell their properties to lock their profit (or loss). The real challange will be to find buyers to exit these big investments. World economy is slowing down significantly and this will impact all the outsourcing done to India. Fewer jobs will get created. This situation will only get worse due to India's internal dynamics (i.e inflation etc).
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by VedKapoor
    Realty prices, especially in the Indian context, are much more resilient when compared with share price movement. Panic is so easy to set in in stock market because people sell at short notice, whereas in the case of RE, people cling on to their possessions (get into ''HOLD'' mode) in case the price get mild correction (10%), and wait for the prices to recover before selling...that is generally the case if not mostly....only a few desperate transactions take place at lower prices.

    ........


    True. But the reason you cited is incorrect.
    The reason is inefficiency of RE market and tax distortion. You have to report and pay tax, even if you earn 5k in stocks. But you can easily avoid paying a single paisa even when you earn 50Lac in RE.

    Moreover, stock market is properly regulated while RE is not.
    If you start marking-to-market, many people will report losses on RE investments (due to illiquidity, delays in possession etc).
    CommentQuote