Ansal Projects seeks denotification of its SEZ in Gurgaon

Ansal Projects seeks denotification of its SEZ in Gurgaon - The Economic Times

The way things are going wrong for the best of regions (economy wise) in NCR - am i right to say this is the sign of slowdown/stagnation/correction to come in the next 1-2 years ?

Sumit
Read more
29 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • one things for sure, if this slowdown translates into a severe dip in GDP (mind you not recession) it will wipe off the liquidity or resale from distant areas like Manesar/ Noida Sec 150/ YEW etc...

how worse does it get remains to be seen!!
    CommentQuote
  • I agree. But i think it will affect everyone and every area as well. Only the impact will vary. Expensive properties will be hit as well.

Overall things look darker to me.

Sumit
    CommentQuote
  • Agree but the silver lining is NRIs and the dollor horror...which is a boon for NRIs and they are actually pouring in money...God only know when will there be sanity in Real Estate
    CommentQuote
  • RE won't be coming down anytime soon in NCR in my opinion. Indians are living the American Dream currently. Jiski aukaat LIG ki nahi thi wo society ke flats buy kar raha hai aaj kal because of MNC jobs and easy to get loans. Unless, outsourcing stops from US, UK and other countries I don't see jobless people walking around here like US. There will always be a buyer available for your property who will pay the price you are asking. Here in India people are like cockroaches yet we all say HOOOOO when we hear the word s*x :bab (59): . There is less supply and way too many damn people in India.
    CommentQuote
  • This is what I think .. ( Obviously all this is just a speculation)

1) There will be a slowdown in Q3/Q4 and prices will slump about 30% in the Delhi NCR Region. RE sales are already down across the country and its a buyer's market now. Worse effected will be areas sold as "futuristic" areas like Noida Expressway, Dwarka Expressway, Manesar etc.. Most properties in these areas are owned by investors and not end users. RTM properties will hold properties better than others.

2) Delays in project delivery. Hard to say if some builders will go bust or not ( I will say/hope not).

3) No one invests in a sinking ship, so NRI's will be on the edge. When they see investments of fellow NRI's (who have already invested in India) going down in value, they will be discouraged to invest in India. Some NRI's will invest but most will hold back in my opinion, till things settle down.

4) Our broken Central government will likely cut rates via RBI. Rupee might fall further. IT companies will post strong results but most other industries will suffer. Hiring will be very slow.. and it will start to look like 2008. Europe Woes will also come into play.

I know a lot of people on this forum are from IT background, but in a big scheme of things not more than 10% of people who own RE in NCR are NOT from IT background at all.

As said ... If slowdown comes at all, similar to previous recessions, it will stay for 12 to 18 months before things start to get better again. Stick with strong builders like 3C, JP etc.. Put money in RTM properties or in a plot if you can. Save money for now and do not add more EMI's ..
    CommentQuote
  • What makes u think 3C is a ''Strong Builder''??????

Wishful thinking ??

Any Builder can fault in Any Project.

While Unitech has failed miserably in Noida....its still reputed in Gurgaon !!!

Investing in UC property at present rates and present financial status of India......in a region like Noida

RISKY !!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vlord0007
    RE won't be coming down anytime soon in NCR in my opinion. Indians are living the American Dream currently. Jiski aukaat LIG ki nahi thi wo society ke flats buy kar raha hai aaj kal because of MNC jobs and easy to get loans. Unless, outsourcing stops from US, UK and other countries I don't see jobless people walking around here like US. There will always be a buyer available for your property who will pay the price you are asking. Here in India people are like cockroaches yet we all say HOOOOO when we hear the word s*x :bab (59): . There is less supply and way too many damn people in India.

Contrary to what you think, there exists people who could afford to buy a house (of course on EMI) but still choose to live on rent. That includes me.
    Whats stopping us to buy is fact that we don't see value in things being offered.
    Currently what is being sold is only dreams, lets wait for the real thing to come, and then may be we would be in better position to decide.

And by the way banks don't give loans to anyone who is likely not able to repay. There is strong credit check and your CIBIL score is taken into account.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vlord0007
    RE won't be coming down anytime soon in NCR in my opinion. Indians are living the American Dream currently. Jiski aukaat LIG ki nahi thi wo society ke flats buy kar raha hai aaj kal because of MNC jobs and easy to get loans. Unless, outsourcing stops from US, UK and other countries I don't see jobless people walking around here like US. There will always be a buyer available for your property who will pay the price you are asking. Here in India people are like cockroaches yet we all say HOOOOO when we hear the word s*x :bab (59): . There is less supply and way too many damn people in India.

Lage raho vlord bhaii, ab to aap ki gulshan ikebana ki investment 20-30% return de hee chukee hogee paper pe ?
    CommentQuote
  • Of course its a slowdown - property in dollar price already fallen 20%.

If Rupee keeps falling, RE prices may rise in Rupee terms also - and stll it will be a correction

Definitely weak hands will get a big shaking up now - both builders and investors. Flippers wil be in for a big shock
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by AJAY_GGN
    Contrary to what you think, there exists people who could afford to buy a house (of course on EMI) but still choose to live on rent. That includes me.
    Whats stopping us to buy is fact that we don't see value in things being offered.
    Currently what is being sold is only dreams, lets wait for the real thing to come, and then may be we would be in better position to decide.

And by the way banks don't give loans to anyone who is likely not able to repay. There is strong credit check and your CIBIL score is taken into account.

I agree with you, live on rent and invest. I was just referring to fact that a lot more people got jobs in India now days and new college grads get loans with much less hassle now days. One of the biggest reason Indian economy is hot is because we got jobs in MNC. If today MNC pull out, all these hotshot IT guys who are getting 10 lac plus annually will be making websites for 400 ruppee. RE and everything will crash in bad recession.

I doubt MNC going back. For example in US they have to pay 10 dollars to an idiot who cleans toilets who can't do 2 - 2. Here in India, they get work done for pennies on a dollars but with conversion it's WIN WIN for both. They get cheap labor and here people get better wages then what they were probably getting few years ago.

From, past experience I learned when I wait for prices to fall I end up paying more.
    CommentQuote
  • Very sensible thread.

People are not realizing that they are sitting on a SCAM dynamite. If it explodes....it will wipe not only life long savings but leave scars for life.

MY POV -

Noida market is on a south hill journey for atleast another 18 months to 2 years. If bigger crisis unfolds then it will stuck for few more years ( upto 3-3.5 yrs).

Short/medium term INVESTORS - STAY FAR AWAY from Noida RE - neither the offering nor the price point or current climate is favourable for noida market.

Regards
    Sbajaj
    CommentQuote
  • Aab pachtaye hot kya jab chidiya chug gayee khet....
    Mujhe to pichle 1 saal se yahi 1 doha yaad rehta hai..
    Have already burnt the fingers.. BEWARE!!!! Worst Time Ahead ..
    CommentQuote
  • All those people who keep hoping that the NRIs will bail out the Indian RE mkt are simply stupid. Even though the value of INR has fallen, NRIs have seen (an in some cases experienced) bursting of the RE bubble first hand in their respective countries (i.e US UK Spain Italy Portugal Dubai etc etc) and therefore will be very cautious to invest their hard earned cash (not Indian style black money) in Indian RE. Its much better to invest in FDs that wld give them 9.5% TAX FREE return wiout any hassle.
    Also so many NRIs are themselves in distress due to precarious job situation in their own countries.
    But as they say Indian RE bulls just dont get it as they have never experienced how bad it can get in RE. All the investors will have to be satisfied with so called PAPER PROFITS when they wont be able to find any real buyer to exit their investments.
    CommentQuote
  • How true it is..

Originally Posted by Ultimate
    All those people who keep hoping that the NRIs will bail out the Indian RE mkt are simply stupid. Even though the value of INR has fallen, NRIs have seen (an in some cases experienced) bursting of the RE bubble first hand in their respective countries (i.e US UK Spain Italy Portugal Dubai etc etc) and therefore will be very cautious to invest their hard earned cash (not Indian style black money) in Indian RE. Its much better to invest in FDs that wld give them 9.5% TAX FREE return wiout any hassle.
    Also so many NRIs are themselves in distress due to precarious job situation in their own countries.
    But as they say Indian RE bulls just dont get it as they have never experienced how bad it can get in RE. All the investors will have to be satisfied with so called PAPER PROFITS when they wont be able to find any real buyer to exit their investments.
    CommentQuote
  • Logix mein kya kami thi ?
    Aab dekha kaisey latak gayee Public!!

Originally Posted by zohaib2012
    What makes u think 3C is a ''Strong Builder''??????

Wishful thinking ??

Any Builder can fault in Any Project.

While Unitech has failed miserably in Noida....its still reputed in Gurgaon !!!

Investing in UC property at present rates and present financial status of India......in a region like Noida

RISKY !!!!
    CommentQuote