Jaypee Greens Wishtown, Noida

Last updated: 1 week ago
8881 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Jaypee Greens Wishtown, Noida

Originally posted by VedKapoor View Post
    Please guys...such big set ups with real asset back up...land banks at prominent places...Companies do not go down...rather, when in distress, these are bought....reasons: business model is intact, assets are precious, market is there for their products...So just chill...

delays with Unitech projects...yes...going down, no....
    thanks ved bhai .. so it seems unitech sec 117 projects are also not bad looking at their lower than market resale prices

Comment

Originally posted by trialsurvey View Post
      good choice of words .. "serious doubts" , "foreseeable future" !
      matlab chances are still there ki bankruptcy declare kar de at some point of time :P
      Just FYI even unitech is up 5.5%

Bro - even Satyam didn't declare bankruptcy after the disaster - Unitech has very real assets (including the office I work in

The Balance Sheet (a little older one sorry) is as below. From a debt asset ratio, you can see it is still very favorable. I don't think it can get insolvent - VED SIR - can you suggest looking at these number

Balance Sheet
      (Mar '12)
      (In Rs Cr)

Total Share Capital 523.26 Net Worth 9638.99 Total Debt 2515.85 Net Block 70.59 Investments 2424.81 Net Current Assets 9641.40 Total Assets 12154.83
      ps - one of my best friends brother in law works at Unitech and is very close to Sanjay Chandra. That chap is himself DESPERATELY looking for resale options in UGCC - Grande (I had mentioned that some relatives have holdings there, he has called me a few times). He doesn't want in fresh in newer inventory

These are just indirect views - I am no financial expert, would request people like Ved Sir to please comment

Comment

Thanks Dinesh...for reminding the Satyam case...the Company was bought over by Mahindras..coz the business strength was not affected...their Customers are still being served by Mahindra...

Unitech numbers given in your post..one quick look itself suggests the Company is quite solvent and strong...rest, will ponder over these in a bit more detail and come back...btw, please aise expert mat bolo...though I understand balance sheets and have dealt with them in my career.
        Do unto others as if you were the others.

Comment

On a quick note...Manoj Gaur's statement ...read in caption on Bloomberg today...Jaypee is looking to bring in a strategic partner, with a view to pay its debt.

There you go...big names with strong asset base and business model do not go down...people pitch in to buy stakes...

So...just chill!!!

Comment

This means dilution of stake?
            Or fresh issue?

Comment

Details awaited...

Comment

Couple of key points...from an interview of Manoj Gaur, given to Bloomberg TV today (17.09.12):

1. Foreign partner roped in...consolidated debt which is now 45 K crores is to be brought down by 10 K crores within next 6 to 12 mos.

2. Sale of land banks is also an option being worked upon...land bank's valuation has gone up post Y Ex Way opening...as expected.

Comment

Originally posted by VedKapoor View Post
                  Couple of key points...from an interview of Manoj Gaur, given to Bloomberg TV today (17.09.12):

1. Foreign partner roped in...consolidated debt which is now 45 K crores is to be brought down by 10 K crores within next 6 to 12 mos.

2. Sale of land banks is also an option being worked upon...land bank's valuation has gone up post Y Ex Way opening...as expected.
                  thanks for this info ved sir ..
                  can you plz explain how come these Realty companies start getting into such huge debts ? i thought this was a very profitable business?

Comment

Originally posted by trialsurvey View Post
                    thanks for this info ved sir ..
                    can you plz explain how come these Realty companies start getting into such huge debts ? i thought this was a very profitable business?
                    When Companies go in for residential kind of projects...after initial investment into land, they fund the project from receipts of first sales of those projects....so not much debt is involved.

One reason for Companies in this category to fall into debt is when they divet funds from these projects into buying more land banks instead of completing the ones for which they collect money.

2ndly, when a Company makes huge investments first (from equity plus debt) and returns / cash inflows come slowly, the debt goes up and stays for a while (some years) ...e.g. Formula 1, Y Ex Way...

Huge debt puts pressure on cash flows for the time being...that is what has been happening to Jaypee.

Comment

Best in the cheapest budget or cheapest in the best budget?

Comment

Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X