What do you guys think about Jaypee Greens Wishtown - NOIDA? Is this a good time to buy? Is Wishtown a good investment?

Cheers! :)
Read more
8001 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by cookie
    yes you get only this set of documents.
    all original payment receipts being cancelled and they endorse your name in the both original BBAs.

By the way, why they took so much time ? many builders wrap up the transfer case in Just one week..

Jaypee is full sarkari in this process too and this time is kind of a norm now.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by krafty
    I think this is a valid observation. While houses are coming up on the trot, and a very large number inside Wishtown, where is the commercial underpinning that will make people reside in this place! I am sure people will not stay here just for the golf course view (or at least some section). Before i hear the ayes of the lifestyle promoters, the point is that there is an absence of concurrent commercial industrial and corporate growth that would sustain the region, and of course the township, in the near to medium term. In the long term is anybody's guess! I would love to be proved wrong but I think there is some substance to this observation.

valid and fair analysis.

regards
    sbajaj
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by krafty
    I think this is a valid observation. While houses are coming up on the trot, and a very large number inside Wishtown, where is the commercial underpinning that will make people reside in this place! I am sure people will not stay here just for the golf course view (or at least some section). Before i hear the ayes of the lifestyle promoters, the point is that there is an absence of concurrent commercial industrial and corporate growth that would sustain the region, and of course the township, in the near to medium term. In the long term is anybody's guess! I would love to be proved wrong but I think there is some substance to this observation.

No, fair analysis, but where is the commercial, industrial and corporate growth around Lutyens Delhi, or Golf Links or Chandigarh etc

Before you just jump on to me to give the Delhi effect which is overplayed (Ive lived in Delhi all my life so BRING IT ON if u disagree), think this carefully, a lot of people buying Jaypee GC side are rich people and already have sustained means of sustenance.

How do u further explain Jaypee GN is virtually sold out - lifestyle or second ir third homes right.

I also think that there is 0 rule that housing should come first or industry just like you cannot establish if the egg came first or the chicken

I might be wrong but nothing else except time will tell

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    CommentQuote
  • cookie ji,

jaypee has same no of flats sold in noida as 100 builder combined have sold. so they handle large no of transfer every days as resal eis in peak now a day sin jaypee.

why they don't put that much staff so that they can process in one day , its just for few years then load will be less so they don't want to put so much staff which they need to fire later .

big bazar will always have que but local grocery shop might not be. but still people go and que in big bazar , choice is yours.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dineshsays
    No, fair analysis, but where is the commercial, industrial and corporate growth around Lutyens Delhi, or Golf Links or Chandigarh etc

Before you just jump on to me to give the Delhi effect which is overplayed (Ive lived in Delhi all my life so BRING IT ON if u disagree), think this carefully, a lot of people buying Jaypee GC side are rich people and already have sustained means of sustenance.

How do u further explain Jaypee GN is virtually sold out - lifestyle or second ir third homes right.

I also think that there is 0 rule that housing should come first or industry just like you cannot establish if the egg came first or the chicken

:-) :-)) :-)))

regards
    sbajaj
    CommentQuote

While your points are valid, the real point is there is a massive number of commercial buildings between Mahamaya flyover and Sector 93 and beyond in 135 and 137 also.

There are at least 20-30 massive office complexes either already operational or coming up. Of all the places in NOIDA, expressway is the most viable area for commercial development going by launched and completed projects.

If the original post meant shops - they will come last. Only after people start living, will living needs get met.

Malls launched before habitation always bomb - because you cannot anticipate the needs of people 10 years in advance. Golf course road malls of GGN are a good example of bombed projects
    CommentQuote
  • Didn't knew of massive complexes coming up on eway.
    Do you mind sharing few?

Originally Posted by Venkytalks
    While your points are valid, the real point is there is a massive number of commercial buildings between Mahamaya flyover and Sector 93 and beyond in 135 and 137 also.

There are at least 20-30 massive office complexes either already operational or coming up. Of all the places in NOIDA, expressway is the most viable area for commercial development going by launched and completed projects.

If the original post meant shops - they will come last. Only after people start living, will living needs get met.

Malls launched before habitation always bomb - because you cannot anticipate the needs of people 10 years in advance. Golf course road malls of GGN are a good example of bombed projects
    CommentQuote
  • A good way will be to compare the number of offices/ commercial spaces in GGN with that of Noida.
    I strongly feel there is lot missing in Noida, somehow corporate offices are not shifting to Noida E way, or Gr Noida, or even in Noida, in a hurry.

In fact, WIPRO has drastically cut its operations from Gr. Noida campus, and with present situation and policies, such exodus will continue.

CommentQuote
  • I think the GGN commercial success argument is very misunderstood and overplayed when it comes to taking a view on NOIDA.

As someone who has lived in Delhi all his life and worked in Delhi and GGN, I reckon that years ago GGN made perfect sense for commercial space in NCR as it was the only viable alternative from the over-priced congestion of Delhi. Let's call this the 'first mover advantage' - there were other developing regions in the NCR, none witnessed such speedy, massive and 'upscale' development as a whole.

That was a good development story for GGN. What we see today is the inertia of a substantially developed area propagating the image that it has already acquired, and expanding; the 'momentum advantage'.

It's not fair to use that as a benchmark for NOIDA as it is today because, for whatever reason, NOIDA in that respect is a relative late starter and is still developing - we're talking about the same speedy, massive and 'upscale' development that we saw in GGN. If one is to acquire such commercial space in NCR today, one looks at Delhi (developed), if not Delhi then GGN (developed + developing), if not GGN then Noida (developing).

Undoubtedly, the 'first mover advantage' and the 'momentum advantage' rest with GGN. What we see in NOIDA is its own development story - which in recent times has seen pick-up a rapid pace. To really see where this goes, one will have to wait at least another 5 years.

Ask yourself - with lakhs of families having bought houses in areas such as the expressway, with lakhs of those families moving into the region - do you honestly think that commercial spaces which are being developed/ which will come up will not have takers?!

Policies may matter to corporates, but let me tell you - what matters the most is economics and infrastructure. With its proximity and connectivity to Delhi, available space at competitive rates and good infrastructure, NOIDA would see very good commercial development.

There is also a perceived benefit of GGN's proximity to the airport. Those who point this out fail to take into account that Noida is approx. 25 kms from the airport and it takes approx. 30 to 40 mins to travel. This is less than the time it takes to travel from IGI to many parts of Delhi, or for that matter, many upcoming areas in GGN.

Long story short:

1. It is not a case of GGN v NOIDA and its not a good way to analyze the NOIDA commercial space today to compare it with GGN.

2. We don't see a mass exodus of corporates from GGN to NOIDA today.. ..because - well, why would you expect that to happen in the first place?

3. Commercial spaces in Noida will definitely pick up and I expect that to be the case over the next 3-5 years in a big way.

4. Isolated incidents of companies shifting offices and pulling out may be indicative of a rotten system - but that is something typical of India. Another company may pull-out of GGN tomorrow, but you and I may not notice it because there are another hundred which will still be there.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by disposition
    I think the GGN commercial success argument is very misunderstood and overplayed when it comes to taking a view on NOIDA.

As someone who has lived in Delhi all his life and worked in Delhi and GGN, I reckon that years ago GGN made perfect sense for commercial space in NCR as it was the only viable alternative from the over-priced congestion of Delhi. Let's call this the 'first mover advantage' - there were other developing regions in the NCR, none witnessed such speedy, massive and 'upscale' development as a whole.

That was a good development story for GGN. What we see today is the inertia of a substantially developed area propagating the image that it has already acquired, and expanding; the 'momentum advantage'.

It's not fair to use that as a benchmark for NOIDA as it is today because, for whatever reason, NOIDA in that respect is a relative late starter and is still developing - we're talking about the same speedy, massive and 'upscale' development that we saw in GGN. If one is to acquire such commercial space in NCR today, one looks at Delhi (developed), if not Delhi then GGN (developed + developing), if not GGN then Noida (developing).

Undoubtedly, the 'first mover advantage' and the 'momentum advantage' rest with GGN. What we see in NOIDA is its own development story - which in recent times has seen pick-up a rapid pace. To really see where this goes, one will have to wait at least another 5 years.

Ask yourself - with lakhs of families having bought houses in areas such as the expressway, with lakhs of those families moving into the region - do you honestly think that commercial spaces which are being developed/ which will come up will not have takers?!

Policies may matter to corporates, but let me tell you - what matters the most is economics and infrastructure. With its proximity and connectivity to Delhi, available space at competitive rates and good infrastructure, NOIDA would see very good commercial development.

There is also a perceived benefit of GGN's proximity to the airport. Those who point this out fail to take into account that Noida is approx. 25 kms from the airport and it takes approx. 30 to 40 mins to travel. This is less than the time it takes to travel from IGI to many parts of Delhi, or for that matter, many upcoming areas in GGN.

Long story short:

1. It is not a case of GGN v NOIDA and its not a good way to analyze the NOIDA commercial space today to compare it with GGN.

2. We don't see a mass exodus of corporates from GGN to NOIDA today.. ..because - well, why would you expect that to happen in the first place?

3. Commercial spaces in Noida will definitely pick up and I expect that to be the case over the next 3-5 years in a big way.

4. Isolated incidents of companies shifting offices and pulling out may be indicative of a rotten system - but that is something typical of India. Another company may pull-out of GGN tomorrow, but you and I may not notice it because there are another hundred which will still be there.

Erudite...and sensible!!
    CommentQuote

Valid argument. There are no absolute answers...just two sides of a coin that are dependent on several intangibles. Appreciate
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Digvijay
    A good way will be to compare the number of offices/ commercial spaces in GGN with that of Noida.
    I strongly feel there is lot missing in Noida, somehow corporate offices are not shifting to Noida E way, or Gr Noida, or even in Noida, in a hurry.

In fact, WIPRO has drastically cut its operations from Gr. Noida campus, and with present situation and policies, such exodus will continue.

Please Update

Wipro has constructed another tower in its campus.
    Also, NIIT Technologies in Greater Noida is building two more Blocks in its campus, once completed it will be just doubled to what it has now.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by steriod
    Didn't knew of massive complexes coming up on eway.
    Do you mind sharing few?

Good catch. Most of the offices are already come up. Cant think of much coming up.

But I dont follow commercial and it is currently in doldrums. I can think only of Advant Navis phase 2 and Lotus commercial - there were a few others being advertised, but I cant recall the names. JP built a big office building - probably corporate office.

Others might be able to supplement the list of upcoming commercial space.

Main point is that adequate land and road infrastructure in the area of the expressway has been made available. Once the economy picks up and the existing space gets filled, only then with the pace of new projects pick up.
    CommentQuote
  • Do not trust on property dealers/agents if they promise to give the discount through credit note. It is nothing but a gimmick. The big names of reality consultant like "BOP, Noida Office" are also not keeping their words and defaulting on credit note payment.
    Never believe on credit note and take the discount only on the form.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by cookie
    Please Update

Wipro has constructed another tower in its campus.
    Also, NIIT Technologies in Greater Noida is building two more Blocks in its campus, once completed it will be just doubled to what it has now.

You took my company name, good to know
    CommentQuote