What do you guys think about Jaypee Greens Wishtown - NOIDA? Is this a good time to buy? Is Wishtown a good investment?

Cheers! :)
Read more
7937 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Aviral79
    My two cents - govt or authority plots are old skool. The number of takers will reduce further.
    Plots in enclosed township with all the facilities like JP gets a thumbs up.
    After staying in south d for decades i now want be in Highrise with high specs and I guess lot of people want to take that road however it stll remains to be seen how this will pan out.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

I haver already taken this road . Moved to GNoida from Delhi...I did have sinking feeling even on last day when I was moving out from Delhi after a decade of staying there. I was thinking I was commiting a blunder.
    Once I started living in GNoida, not even a single moment came when I missed the Delhi tag. But then I thought I should have taken the decision earlier !!

My current family situation allows me to stay in Greater Noida . I would try to stay here as long as possible as I love staying here. Incase of job change towards Delhi, I may shift to Noida. But now I cant compromise on openess/greenary as I have tasted it. So I would move to Knight Court or equivalent if such situation comes.

That's why I want to invest in such instrument which gives me enough returns that I am able to buy a 3BJHK in Kalyapso/Knight atleast after 5 years..
    CommentQuote
  • Narana,

If I were you, I would get into KC or Kalypso NOW, when these are still affordable. 5 years down the line these properties may become kinda untouchable. This assumes, of course, that all goes well with WT, which at least I believe to be so. Most people have not tasted Golf living and since you are a fan of Greens and openness, why do you want to risk getting first into another investment, wait for a long 5 years and hope that your investment would grow faster than a Golf course flat...is, to my mind, taking a risk. Over longer periods, plots do give a more handsome returns than flats, but that is too general a statement for you to entertain. Is THIS 5 YEAR PERIOD (starting now) enough of a period for the investment cycle to complete and give your investment big enough of a push so as to beat golf course properties, is not so simple thing to rely on.

Keep life simple and get into a decent golf course property and smile :). Wait for the possession and start living the kind of life YOU WANT and the surrounding that YOU like. Aur kya chahiye dost?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dineshsays
    Very hard to say especially now - see, last 3 years in Noida, apart from a handful of areas - plots have given virtually zilch returns. They had run up very strong uptil 2010 after some stagnation during 2007-2009 period

Whereas in the same period - flats like Kalypso/Knight have given 60-70% returns

Lets talk facts here - A 250/300 sqm plot in Noida Sec-92 was available at 40K/sqm in mid-2010 and its now quoting at 100K (thats a neat 150% jump)... yes it has been stagnant since last 1 year (<10% appreciation). Similarly Jaypee Plots were available at 42K/sqyd in mid-2010 are now quoting around 90-95K (stagnant since last 12-16 months)... same is the case with almost all sectors in Noida where prices have moved 100-160% in last 3 years (most of the jump came in 2010-2011 though)...

So one argument is that plots are due for a bounceback but another argument is that you've not even seen these luxury flats, they may change the way you look at high end accommodation but you may say demand supply is skewed in favour of plots, again you may say to actually live in a plot - you need to buy a plot at 60-70k psm, then construct at 2000 psf min to get to decent specs - so advantage high end flat (there is an endless debate on the issue)

Again biased view and this has been discussed to death - if one can afford it, buying a plot and constructing on top of it cannot be compared... refer https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/ncr-real-estate/greater-noida-real-estate/60617-greater-noida-west--plots-vsflats-comparison?t=62027

The big problem in property as such is - it is overheated and undeserving to a great extent.

My gut instinct is Greater Noida as a end use destination will lose some steam especially as eWay becomes properly habitable. Greater Noida authority is really bankrupt and not having any money to do much (did u know that in the BHS schemes, they are asking for more money AFTER giving no dues and having registry done? as they have to pay more to farmers)

Plus law and order does remain an issue (though an improving one) in GN - vs WT u are comparing to a three layer security system (lets see how well it is implemented)

I would buy Knight - but there are plot pundits here who think otherwise - time will tell

Refer...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sundry
    Refer...

Sundry ji - mera apna plot in central Noida 3 saal se nahin hila. Trust me I hv to sell it soon. Infact then I used to get an offer every few days - now its zilch. (Ps - no bias here - from an overall standpoint I would rather my plot goes 80% than my flat as the plot is 3 times the value)

The built up unit in greater noida (constructed house on 120 sq mt plot) is sitting on 20% loss with 0 buyers

KP plots - yes it doubled a year after launch - but over last 2-3 years there is full stagnancy. Just read the KP plot thread. From accounts - prices seem 10% down.

I hv def had great great appreciation on the Noida plot - but not over the last 3 years.

Point is - if u suggest him to buy a plot in GN tell him so and give your rationale

Ps - the thread u pointed out had no meat - we need a proper assessment between luxury gated apartments (rarity in Noida) in the middle of a Golf Course vs a plot in a reasonable sector in GN+constructing a house using full FAR in GN (now mandatory in GN)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by narana
    I haver already taken this road . Moved to GNoida from Delhi...I did have sinking feeling even on last day when I was moving out from Delhi after a decade of staying there. I was thinking I was commiting a blunder.
    Once I started living in GNoida, not even a single moment came when I missed the Delhi tag. But then I thought I should have taken the decision earlier !!

My current family situation allows me to stay in Greater Noida . I would try to stay here as long as possible as I love staying here. Incase of job change towards Delhi, I may shift to Noida. But now I cant compromise on openess/greenary as I have tasted it. So I would move to Knight Court or equivalent if such situation comes.

That's why I want to invest in such instrument which gives me enough returns that I am able to buy a 3BJHK in Kalyapso/Knight atleast after 5 years..

I agree with @VedKapoor 's assessment too.. 5 years down the line it would be virtually impossible to enter these properties. My friend this is another Aralia or Mongolia in the making and these will be 'untouchable'. If you eventually want to invest in high rise GC prop in WT over plots in any location then the time to enter is now.. first choice incase you have funds would be Kalypso (early possession) then Knights, good value.
    Perhaps if your funds are limited then you should also look at Kristal or Kasablanca as they are even more attractive with the special payment plans that are on offer. Do what ever but don't wait for 5 years to make this decision.
    CommentQuote
  • hey guys, in a lighter vein (but true...)
    mumbai is a village as compared to singapore
    delhi is a village as compared to mumbai'
    noida is a village as compared to delhi,
    GN is a village as compared to noida,
    gaziabad/faridabad is a village as compared to GN
    so actually its all bout ur budget, whatever works for u n ur family n where u find happiness
    BUT JP GC properties look Very Promising
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pacman
    hey guys, in a lighter vein (but true...)
    mumbai is a village as compared to singapore
    delhi is a village as compared to mumbai'
    noida is a village as compared to delhi,
    GN is a village as compared to noida,
    gaziabad/faridabad is a village as compared to GN
    so actually its all bout ur budget, whatever works for u n ur family n where u find happiness
    BUT JP GC properties look Very Promising

In not at all a lighter vein ( but true), Pls change the image of village ....I have spent 20years in village in Himachal before I came to Delhi...Believe me, it beats any Golf facing property of Noida or GN or Singapore !!
    Attached is a low resolution pic from balcony : And this is not a good facing photo. Front facing is straight snow clad mountains..I dont hav pic right now..
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
    I agree with @VedKapoor 's assessment too.. 5 years down the line it would be virtually impossible to enter these properties. My friend this is another Aralia or Mongolia in the making and these will be 'untouchable'. If you eventually want to invest in high rise GC prop in WT over plots in any location then the time to enter is now.. first choice incase you have funds would be Kalypso (early possession) then Knights, good value.
    Perhaps if your funds are limited then you should also look at Kristal or Kasablanca as they are even more attractive with the special payment plans that are on offer. Do what ever but don't wait for 5 years to make this decision.

Many many thanks to Aviral, VedKapoor and ofcourse Dinesh for their sound advise and sharing their viewpoint on JP vs Plots. I dont want to extend this more and spoil the essence of the thread...I have taken a note of it , and will start indepth exploration of the available units.

Thanks again!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dineshsays
    Sundry ji - mera apna plot in central Noida 3 saal se nahin hila. Trust me I hv to sell it soon. Infact then I used to get an offer every few days - now its zilch. (Ps - no bias here - from an overall standpoint I would rather my plot goes 80% than my flat as the plot is 3 times the value)

Surprised to know this - I have seen price rise across all sectors that I track (44, 50,51, 72, 122, 92, 105,108 etc) till 2011-end and stagnant since then...

The built up unit in greater noida (constructed house on 120 sq mt plot) is sitting on 20% loss with 0 buyers

This one I will definitely agree and identify with - these GN authority built-up houses in sectors XU, MU, Omnicorn etc have been a disaster overall.. I know a 200 sqm unit alloted in 2008 at 38 Lakhs (+4 L for registry etc) was finally sold at 57 L in 2012 and still quotes at 60-62 L only.. pathetic returns in 5 years where everything else in NCR has appreciated 2-3 times...

KP plots - yes it doubled a year after launch - but over last 2-3 years there is full stagnancy. Just read the KP plot thread. From accounts - prices seem 10% down.

I hv def had great great appreciation on the Noida plot - but not over the last 3 years.

Point is - if u suggest him to buy a plot in GN tell him so and give your rationale

GN for investment - abolutely not, however if he is going to put his money there then definitely plots for appreciation and flats for immediate/near-future livability..

Ps - the thread u pointed out had no meat - we need a proper assessment between luxury gated apartments (rarity in Noida) in the middle of a Golf Course vs a plot in a reasonable sector in GN+constructing a house using full FAR in GN (now mandatory in GN)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Adding..
    CommentQuote
  • Buy in Noida if you cannot afford Delhi and Gurgaon. Buy in Ghaziabad if you cannot afford in Noida Buy in Greater Noida if you cannot afford in Ghaziabad This has been the Trend and will remain the Trend. One can give 1000 logics, etc but Real Estate market is not governed by such fundas. Tag of U.P for Noida has been an issue and will remain an issue. whether one likes it or not.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chalonoida
    Buy in Noida if you cannot afford Delhi and Gurgaon. Buy in Ghaziabad if you cannot afford in Noida Buy in Greater Noida if you cannot afford in Ghaziabad This has been the Trend and will remain the Trend. One can give 1000 logics, etc but Real Estate market is not governed by such fundas. Tag of U.P for Noida has been an issue and will remain an issue. whether one likes it or not.

OK Sir. Hence forth, everyone will do like as you advised.
    Let's move forward now and bash JP as this thread is about JP Noida.
    CommentQuote
  • In case anyone missed it new pictures are up on Jaypees website. Kristal and Kasablanca have the photo gallery active now. Looks like the land has been cleared (work about to start maybe?).
    CommentQuote
  • ForumMates,

I am seeing lot of positive updates on the pace on construction in JP projects lately other than just Pavilion heights. Some of the project like Kensington Bou have seen 3 to 4 floor added in a couple of months which has not been witnessed before. Kasa, Kube, Kosmos all are progressing well. Landscaping & flooring & painting in Klassic is in progress. You see a lot of labour working on the sites of JP now vis-a-vis 2012.
    Is this just my feeling or do you all have the same opinion. I think JP management realizes that if they don't press the accelerator now then it will difficult to get over this negative market sentiment. So WT delivery is of prime focus for JP now.
    This means good news for the resale market. See lot of upside in the next 12 months. :)
    CommentQuote
    ForumMates,

I am seeing lot of positive updates on the pace on construction in JP projects lately other than just Pavilion heights. Some of the project like Kensington Bou have seen 3 to 4 floor added in a couple of months which has not been witnessed before. Kasa, Kube, Kosmos all are progressing well. Landscaping & flooring & painting in Klassic is in progress. You see a lot of labour working on the sites of JP now vis-a-vis 2012.
    Is this just my feeling or do you all have the same opinion. I think JP management realizes that if they don't press the accelerator now then it will difficult to get over this negative market sentiment. So WT delivery is of prime focus for JP now.
    This means good news for the resale market. See lot of upside in the next 12 months. :)

it is even good news for end user as they have chance to get flat less delayed..
    and ofcourse resale price will push off north, when everybody see good progress on project...Real resale price will be coming up when projects are delivered and how they stand Vs projects on opposite side of the road...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Quest2012
    it is even good news for end user as they have chance to get flat less delayed..
    and ofcourse resale price will push off north, when everybody see good progress on project...Real resale price will be coming up when projects are delivered and how they stand Vs projects on opposite side of the road...

Yes , i agree... IMO Jaypee projects are still under priced in comparison to projects on other side of express way so i see this gap closing rapidly as construction progresses... for investors this means a conservative upside of 15% to 20% depending on the project by next Diwali.

In fact in one of the projects, Jaypee is planning to do some innovative work. I heard that the water tank on top Klassic towers is with in an enclosed and covered structure which will ensure that water does not heated up in summers... again i will verify this on my visit shortly and post pictures. I don't know if this is a standard practice.
    CommentQuote