What do you guys think about Jaypee Greens Wishtown - NOIDA? Is this a good time to buy? Is Wishtown a good investment?

Cheers! :)
Read more
7924 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Jaypee Greens - Noida

Originally Posted by Venkytalks
    No. It impacts the authority and they can do anything to you because you have not yet registered flat in your name. Actually they can even recover money AFTER registration. Govt has all these powers.

I am not justifying builder actions, but we need to Get real guys...

Authority gets enhanced stamp duty when the capital value goes up due to area increase. Why would they oppose it- definitely not from a revenue standpoint - least if all from a buyer standpoint when the officers are assured of a cut from the enhanced capital value by the builder.

Ethics? What's that in India today?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by truepicture
    This sounds more honest. They changed the plans and knew what they were doing before starting construction. And admitted so openly so that atleast ppl buying during construction would know what they're buying.

Compare this with someone who constructs a tower of 30+ floors, and keeps selling apartments as per the old area during construction, and at the end of the construction says: "Oops, its 15% larger than what I wanted to make"!!!

If required, even a halwai can make gulabjamuns within 5% of the specified weight/ size...but the builder goofs up by 15%! And guess what...always in the direction of making a 'larger' apartment.

Well, have to take it on the chin. That's the downside risk of 'leveraged' CLP investing in under-construction property in India.

Ok true picture...what if i tell you there is no change in plan...would your opinion change:bab (59):
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Aviral79
    Krescent home case is funny. 2 bhk flat booked size of 1230 with a 10% increase clause in PAL where as there is new brochure that someone posted with area of 1330 for same flat. I am sure this 1330 PAL also has a 10 % increase resulting in same flats with different SUPER areas during possession, I think any court will reject such an Anomaly but I doubt if an investor will take that trouble. It simply does not make sense for an investor to block his capital in litigation for a few lacs even if he does not have a chance to recover that from the market due to area increase.
    That does not stop end users from dragging the builder to the court.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I agree with you. It is seriously not worth risking the entire capital. Until we have possession of our flat, the Court is not an option worth considering.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MeinSonu
    Ok true picture...what if i tell you there is no change in plan...would your opinion change:bab (59):

I would still say that some of the buyers who would have bought were dealt with transparently (even if the original buyers were 'cheated').

The builder is still dishonest.

However, this is better than informing post construction (when more or less the entire inventory is sold out).
    CommentQuote
  • If jp's intentions were fair why would they sell PC and PH last year without increase in super area. At that juncture everything was ready. Towers were completed only finishing was pending. Super area increase could have been announced to them before buying. Rather they lured them by special payment plan 50:50. Poor buyers have to now shell out additional bucks that to at their inflated BSP.

Its just that when everyone is commited they changed the area. This clearly implies JP's intentions were not fair.....
    CommentQuote
  • Lets be practical here... all these builders are here to make money and Jaypee is no exception....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Aviral79
    Lets be practical here... all these builders are here to make money and Jaypee is no exception....

This is why groups like the TATAs and GODREJs will score in the real estate segment. I think the TATAs will be the largest real estate player in the country within the next 5-7 years.

By the way Aviral bhai there is a difference between profit making and profiteering. While profit making is healthy and necessary, profiteering cannot be justified. To me this is a clear case of profiteering using unfair means.

Having written all of this I think we don't have too much of a choice given the power the lobby enjoys and the lack of consumer awareness and consumer protection laws in our country. Unfortunate but true.
    CommentQuote
  • Have Tatas and Godrejs never increased the super area, sold in pre-launches or delayed their projects?

Are you sure?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Magadh_Pride
    Have Tatas and Godrejs never increased the super area, sold in pre-launches or delayed their projects?

Are you sure?

Nooooo....ure kidding :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Magadh_Pride
    Have Tatas and Godrejs never increased the super area, sold in pre-launches or delayed their projects?

Are you sure?

I do not have definitive answers to your questions but one thing I am sure of is that they will not by design manipulate customers into buying lower Super area and then increase it. The point here is by design. Sure if there is a genuine increase it will probably be charged to the customer. Pre launches and delays: I dont know what's unethical about selling in pre launches or delays. For me its part of the risk you undertake relevant to the price of the project.
    CommentQuote
  • And one more thing: I and my cousin own apartments in a LODHA project in Mumbai. His apartment was handed over to him couple of months back while mine is expected to be handed over 1st quarter 2014. The project is delayed by 18 months. That is not unethical. Its part of the risk you undertake while buying an under construction property and are compensated by lower pricing and staggered payments. On the other hand this whole business of increase of super area ( seemingly by design) is not in good taste.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Poddarvaib
    And one more thing: I and my cousin own apartments in a LODHA project in Mumbai. His apartment was handed over to him couple of months back while mine is expected to be handed over 1st quarter 2014. The project is delayed by 18 months. That is not unethical. Its part of the risk you undertake while buying an under construction property and are compensated by lower pricing and staggered payments. On the other hand this whole business of increase of super area ( seemingly by design) is not in good taste.

All builders are in same boat & quiet similar, within laws and rules defined in sale agreement...may sound unethical to buyer , but may be not to others
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Poddarvaib
    I do not have definitive answers to your questions but one thing I am sure of is that they will not by design manipulate customers into buying lower Super area and then increase it. The point here is by design. Sure if there is a genuine increase it will probably be charged to the customer. Pre launches and delays: I dont know what's unethical about selling in pre launches or delays. For me its part of the risk you undertake relevant to the price of the project.

But I do have definite answers. Ones that are based on real experiences - my own and of others, as shared on this very forum. And all from NCR.

1. Both Godrej and Tata Primanti were sold in pre-launch : against very clear and preexisting govt guidelines which ban any pre launches in the state of Haryana. Why? Is this Market manipulation?
    2. Godrej Frontline cancelled after accepting cheques and then relaunched later at increased prices? Why? Profiteering?
    3. ATS, DLF, Unitech, Tata Raisina have all increased super areas on completion. Ethical?
    4. Tata Raisina is delayed by over 2 years. No talk of delay penalty yet.
    5. Initial launch price and final price spread was over 3000 psf. Why? Will they be using different material for each booking?
    6. Does Tata or Godrej sell by carpet area? Or do they hide behind the burqa of so-called Super area?
    7. Are these ethical practices? Are some builders running a social enterprise? Or are they answerable to their promotors/ shareholders?

PS: As I mentioned in my earlier post, I hold no brief for Jaypee and not justifying their actions- but there is no point in spreading unverified and incorrect information to play one builder against the others.
    CommentQuote
  • Is Kettle calling the pot black?

To me they are all black and no one builder is any better than the other... Sorry to say but It's only our personal egos to say that my builder is better than the others...

CommentQuote
  • Is hamaam mein sab nude hein.... Baaki pata tabhi lagta hai jab aap particular builder ke project mein kuch khareedte hein
    CommentQuote