What do you guys think about Jaypee Greens Wishtown - NOIDA? Is this a good time to buy? Is Wishtown a good investment?

Cheers! :)
Read more
8001 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by suavedude
    I or other friends here are not defending Jaypee bro. I have explicity stated earlier that their management team is full of morons. But, how many apartments have been delivered in Noida after SP came into power ? Logix and 3C are also stumbling ever since the power change in UP. We can not expect SP to advertise in newspaper for bribes. SP recently ordered DLF to stop construction of Mall of India immediately. Circle rates have been increased to an unrealistic level. Do you think its a business friendly government ?

Our money has gone into F1 ( wastage ) , Expressway and SP's pockets. Jaypee was backing the wrong horse in last elections which is hurting them besides their poor management. Yes, Jaypee has been very poor but the macro environment for business in UP is also not great, one should realize this.

Welcome suave back to the forum... urs comments were being missed very badly.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by boomer

People saying they require another M - Mayawati are really conspiracy theorists. What can current government do to stop construction? All plans have been approved. Has there been ever a hint about stop work order from Noida authority? Were goondas hired to intimidate workers and contractors.Trust me it's difficult for SP to extort Jaypee without it becoming public knowledge.

Please focus on finding the money for Jaypee after all its your money !

Dear Boomer, We DID invest in flats yes not power plants. What if NA has told Jaypee that they will not hand over OC clearances on one pretext or the other? Chances can also be this is a deliberate strategy to avoid registries knowing fully well that this money is eventually used up by the state govt to line up their pockets or divert to their own propaganda schemes ahead of next elections. This is all pure speculation. Yes.
    What I find incredible that construction speed of laying slabs was highest in 2012 second half and all of 2013 AFTER the SP was voted in. (Kosmos towers topped out, Kasa Isles roofs nearly fully done, Kube suddenly ramped up and really intensive work started with Orchards and Krecent. Although that has sort of fizzled out in Krecent) There is no way that they HAD money to do this while F1 was on and were busy buying hockey franchises and suddenly ran out. I'm sure they plan these cash flows carefully knowing how much debt they have been in.
    This has to be a deliberate ploy or someone has deliberately told them to go slow.
    I remember an year or two ago Manoj Gaur was interviewed on CNBC and he clarified that the focus was now on delivery and they would not do any more launches in the intermediate term.
    Why the hell did they launch Kristal and kasablanca?? Why excavate GI if you don't have the damn money to complete Klassic/Kosmos for which 90% work is already done??
    CommentQuote
  • As experienced unitech buyers know ,builder doesn't want the last 5% because he has to spend upto 60% of total budgeted construction cost (finishing) for just 5% in inflows in return. Total loss making proposition. The really intensive work is really expensive work.

If you did find out that whether Jaypee has money to finish wishtown then at least you would finally know for sure where the problem is. Otherwise we are all playing that blind men and the elephant game
    CommentQuote
  • Hmmmmm SO now these flats r already 2 years OLD.
    CommentQuote
  • To add salt on the wounds of Jaypee Investors .. Their Hospital & the Office is now operational as well .

Went to the site in evening .. and saw these shameless fellows working in there brand new office. So from our money F1 , Yamuna expressway , Hospital , Bribe SP , New Office so wats next , my guess is below:

Jaypee plans `18,000 crore initial investment in microchip facility - Livemint

I think they have lost their Brains ..

Dragoman
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dragoman
    To add salt on the wounds of Jaypee Investors .. Their Hospital & the Office is now operational as well .

Went to the site in evening .. and saw these shameless fellows working in there brand new office. So from our money F1 , Yamuna expressway , Hospital , Bribe SP , New Office so wats next , my guess is below:

Jaypee plans `18,000 crore initial investment in microchip facility - Livemint

I think they have lost their Brains ..

Dragoman

Working in their brand new office means they shifted to new office or the labour was working on the finishing
    CommentQuote
  • That news is from May 2014 before Taqa deal was called off. I don't think they will enter into a new investment with IBM before they sell off power plants to Reliance. They enjoy good relations with BJP, so might get a lot of support from Namo. IBM partnership sounds good to me, maybe it will be a cash cow for Jaypee just like TCS is a cash cow for Tata group.

F1 investment was really stupid and pointless, they should have waited a few years till India's appetite for such extravaganza grows. F1 circuit a loss maker even in the long run as huge royalty has to be paid to Bernie every year event is held. Expressway will get them decent money once traffic grows in a few years.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dhinkachika
    Working in their brand new office means they shifted to new office or the labour was working on the finishing

Jaypee guys working from office .. plus the finishing work going on from Labour.

Office looks good no doubt from quality wise.

Dragoman
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by boomer
    As experienced unitech buyers know ,builder doesn't want the last 5% because he has to spend upto 60% of total budgeted construction cost (finishing) for just 5% in inflows in return. Total loss making proposition. The really intensive work is really expensive work.

If you did find out that whether Jaypee has money to finish wishtown then at least you would finally know for sure where the problem is. Otherwise we are all playing that blind men and the elephant game

Don't know bro. Playing blind for now. Can't decide wether WT is the beaten down cyclical large cap of Noida that will eventually revert to mean or a risky penny stock waiting to explode...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dragoman
    Jaypee guys working from office .. plus the finishing work going on from Labour.

Office looks good no doubt from quality wise.

Dragoman

So dat means for payment and crm we need to go in the new office now or still old block b3 I suppose
    CommentQuote
  • Both offices are operational .. but eventually the old office will be shut . I think commercial is planned on the old office land if I am not wrong.

Dragoman
    CommentQuote
  • Yes - on them shifting to the new place. There were also rumours on selling this new facility to ICICI bank to offset some debt.

But land where existing office is - is prime 18 hole GC facing land and is earmarked for high end high rise housing. I think that is the prime-est land now left with JP alng with the strip around Pebble and they will do it carefully (unless fully desperate - they can launch plots in some kind of near DP scheme) - which I doubt.

Either case I dont see much action there for some time
    CommentQuote
  • Any updates on the new timelines to be shared?
    CommentQuote
  • Per update from JP, about 1000 letter has been dispatched to buyers and rest are in process.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by singhpushkar
    Per update from JP, about 1000 letter has been dispatched to buyers and rest are in process.

Wat wld be the total number of buyers in wishtown ? 10000 ?

Sent from my GT-I8552 using Indian Real Estate Forum mobile app
    CommentQuote