What do you guys think about Jaypee Greens Wishtown - NOIDA? Is this a good time to buy? Is Wishtown a good investment?

Cheers! :)
Read more
8001 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Gaur not budging under Reliance pressure is a sign of confidence in the assets they have build. Reliance we all know can drive people to what extent. I am still not sure why Jaypee considered power plants as not core assets:
    1- They are Hydro plants so no coal needed, no supply side pressure. The generating margins are much higher in Hydro compared to other plants
    2- They are experts in Hydro power, not many people know that engineering of TEHRI dam is also done by Jaypee.

Not sure where it all leads to for Jaypee and for wishtown as a whole.
    Originally Posted by dineshsays
    So it did not happen - there were strong speculations since quite some time. While Ambani may cite regulatory issues, reality (as I have heard) is he was desperately trying to drive prices down and Manoj Gaur was not budging

Anyhow - some news now that Jindal is joining the fray:

MUMBAI/NEW DELHI: Reliance Power, owned by billionaire Anil Ambani, has abandoned plans to acquire the hydropower business of Jaiprakash Power Ventures LtdBSE -9.89 %, terminating what would have been one of the largest deals in the Indian power sector. But even as the deal between the two crumbled, another transaction appeared to be taking wings with Sajjan Jindal-owned JSW Energy entering the fray again.

On Thursday, senior representatives of the JSW Group are expected to meet Jay ..

Read more at:
    JSW enters fray as Reliance Power-JP Ventures deal falls flat - The Economic TimesMUMBAI/NEW DELHI: Reliance Power, owned by billionaire Anil Ambani, has abandoned plans to acquire the hydropower business of Jaiprakash Power Ventures LtdBSE -9.89 %, terminating what would have been one of the largest deals in the Indian power sector. But even as the deal between the two crumbled, another transaction appeared to be taking wings with Sajjan Jindal-owned JSW Energy entering the fray again.

On Thursday, senior representatives of the JSW Group are expected to meet Jay ..

Read more at:
    JSW enters fray as Reliance Power-JP Ventures deal falls flat - The Economic Times

JSW enters fray as Reliance Power-JP Ventures deal falls flat - The Economic Times
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by "nitinitin
    Gaur not budging under Reliance pressure is a sign of confidence in the assets they have build. Reliance we all know can drive people to what extent. I am still not sure why Jaypee considered power plants as not core assets:
    1- They are Hydro plants so no coal needed, no supply side pressure. The generating margins are much higher in Hydro compared to other plants
    2- They are experts in Hydro power, not many people know that engineering of TEHRI dam is also done by Jaypee.

Possibly good for JP not to sell core assets

The question now remains where will they get the money to address liquidity issues
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by busmissed222
    One thing which is good about Jaypee is that inspite of the huge delays, they never seem to compromise on quality .. yes few people are saying that probably Pavilion Court quality is not that good .. but even that is better than any Amrapali/Supertech/Ajnara etc project any day any time :)

pls compare the price psf as well. Do u think the price difference between kosmos and GC view properties is solely bcos of view and density? I doubt.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vijvik_7
    pls compare the price psf as well. Do u think the price difference between kosmos and GC view properties is solely bcos of view and density? I doubt.

Difference between luxury and budget property is usually not because of difference in RC or even specifications of flat itself but simply the size and good specifications of the common area.

You can buy a Kosmos and make it better than Imperial from inside by spending 20-25 Lakhs.

But you cannot improve the lift sizes, the lobby sizes, the quality of the lobby and corridor tiling etc. of Kosmos.

So you pay for the exteriors in luxury property. The interiors you can do up to your needs on your own anyway.

Except maybe bathroom sizes - which is difficult to change.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nitinitin
    Gaur not budging under Reliance pressure is a sign of confidence in the assets they have build. Reliance we all know can drive people to what extent. I am still not sure why Jaypee considered power plants as not core assets:

Not selling is not an option, they have to sell their revenue producing assets to generate liquidity, no one is interested in non revenue producing assets.
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Venkytalks
    Difference between luxury and budget property is usually not because of difference in RC or even specifications of flat itself but simply the size and good specifications of the common area.

You can buy a Kosmos and make it better than Imperial from inside by spending 20-25 Lakhs.

But you cannot improve the lift sizes, the lobby sizes, the quality of the lobby and corridor tiling etc. of Kosmos.

So you pay for the exteriors in luxury property. The interiors you can do up to your needs on your own anyway.

Except maybe bathroom sizes - which is difficult to change.

Thats quite correct Venky - why more money is asked for luxury projects in no order:

1. More exclusive
    2. Less dense
    3. More greenery
    4. Bigger rooms
    5. Better common areas / facilities (bigger/better lifts, better lobby)
    6. Some freebies/add-ons - own club/gym/lobby area/concierge/area for guests (in Kalypso for eg)
    7. Better specs
    8. In general a little better location (not always)

Delhi Golf Links = 2 x DLF Aralias = 2 x Jaypee Augusta Court = 2 x Jaypee Imperial Court = 2 x Jaypee Kosmos
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BeingRahul
    Awesome, just what I was looking for. Many thanks Dinesh! :clap2:
    I haven't had a chance to visit WT yet, and I intend to use these details as a guide. I reckon, this should be made a sticky post of its own.

Probably the only other things that I'd like to know at this point are -

1. Traffic control: is there any planning done for this? Everyday there is massive congestion outside Jaypee at peak hours (coming from GNoida). When the township is actually fully functional, I can't imagine taking that road. I'm sure there will be more entry/exits but how will JP address the traffic movement and flow?

2. Can you please throw light on the independent villas/bungalows as well. Not that I can afford those atm, but just for the sake of comprehensiveness.

3. Maintenance/Additional costs: I read somewhere that for villas it is going to be ~6 Rs / sqft. What about other projects? Is this all inclusive cost or do we pay additional for power backup, water, etc.?

Bump.

Hi Dinesh, not sure if you saw this post. Would very much like to know your views on these few points.
    CommentQuote
  • No stress in Rs 8000cr-worth JP Associates account: IDBI Bk - Moneycontrol.com

MS Raghavan, Chairman & Managing Director of IDBI Bank says the company has Rs 8000 crore exposure to JP Associates but has not seen any stress in the account. “We has not seen any case of default in this particular account,” says Raghavan in an interview to CNBC-TV18. JP Associates tanked on Thursday on news that its arm Jaiprakash Power Ventures (JPVL) said the company had called off talks with Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group (ADAG) for sale of its hydro power assets.

Read more at: No stress in Rs 8000cr-worth JP Associates account: IDBI Bk - Moneycontrol.com
    MS Raghavan, Chairman & Managing Director of IDBI Bank says the company has Rs 8000 crore exposure to JP Associates but has not seen any stress in the account. “We has not seen any case of default in this particular account,” says Raghavan in an interview to CNBC-TV18. JP Associates tanked on Thursday on news that its arm Jaiprakash Power Ventures (JPVL) said the company had called off talks with Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group (ADAG) for sale of its hydro power assets.

Read more at: No stress in Rs 8000cr-worth JP Associates account: IDBI Bk - Moneycontrol.com
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dineshsays
    So it did not happen - there were strong speculations since quite some time. While Ambani may cite regulatory issues, reality (as I have heard) is he was desperately trying to drive prices down and Manoj Gaur was not budging

Anyhow - some news now that Jindal is joining the fray:

MUMBAI/NEW DELHI: Reliance Power, owned by billionaire Anil Ambani, has abandoned plans to acquire the hydropower business of Jaiprakash Power Ventures LtdBSE -9.89 %, terminating what would have been one of the largest deals in the Indian power sector. But even as the deal between the two crumbled, another transaction appeared to be taking wings with Sajjan Jindal-owned JSW Energy entering the fray again.

Read more at:
    JSW enters fray as Reliance Power-JP Ventures deal falls flat - The Economic TimesMUMBAI/NEW DELHI: Reliance Power, owned by billionaire Anil Ambani, has abandoned plans to acquire the hydropower business of Jaiprakash Power Ventures LtdBSE -9.89 %, terminating what would have been one of the largest deals in the Indian power sector. But even as the deal between the two crumbled, another transaction appeared to be taking wings with Sajjan Jindal-owned JSW Energy entering the fray again.

Read more at:

As usual Dinesh Bhai's posts have turned out to be correct unlike so many others who either spread rumours or create panic. All of us should, I am sure most of us do appreciate his helpful approach.

By the way I think its a good thing that JP is now closing the deal with JSW, these Reliance guys are not good to do business with.
    CommentQuote
  • CCI orders fresh probe against Jaiprakash Associates

The latest investigation has been ordered by CCI on a complaint filed by a buyer at the company's 'Kensington Park at Jaypee Greens' residential project in Noida, Uttar Pradesh....

CCI orders fresh probe against Jaypee Associates in realty deals - Business Today

CCI orders fresh probe against Jaiprakash Associates - The Economic Times

Hopefully this will make Gaurs put some focus on WishTown
    CommentQuote
  • Good for all the end users. This will probably mean no more super area increase and if I stretch my luck, some extra compensation for delays.
    CommentQuote
  • Here is the CCI order dt 24.09.2014

it will take almost 1 year to get outcome after DG investigation report come to cci and cci pass judgment u/s 27,

this is almost jaypee will face a heavy penalty like dlf
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Jaypee Greens - Noida

Originally Posted by rahul40
    Here is the CCI order dt 24.09.2014

it will take almost 1 year to get outcome after DG investigation report come to cci and cci pass judgment u/s 27,

this is almost jaypee will face a heavy penalty like dlf

Not a fan of jaypee but dealing with jaypee WT department I realized that they work like Govt employee, they are painstaking slow but outcome of paper work is rock solid. As jaypee doesn't work like other chindi chor builders of Noida I highly doubt they were going to be at fault. Now assume they were still it will not be not more then 1 or 2 crore.
    Reason unlike DLF were hundreds of buyer were involved plus year of constant abuse was found here we are talking one plot owner plot canceled, now they might ask or other to come out but I don't see that happened. My opinion.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Redhat
    Not a fan of jaypee but dealing with jaypee WT department I realized that they work like Govt employee, they are painstaking slow but outcome of paper work is rock solid. As jaypee doesn't work like other chindi chor builders of Noida I highly doubt they were going to be at fault. Now assume they were still it will not be not more then 1 or 2 crore.
    Reason unlike DLF were hundreds of buyer were involved plus year of constant abuse was found here we are talking one plot owner plot canceled, now they might ask or other to come out but I don't see that happened. My opinion.

it appears that you didn't read competition act 2002

commission can impose fine upto 10% of annual turnover, after taking last 3 year sales and calculate average sales for 1 years,

in dlf case.. they impose 7% ( sales were 9000cr), it become 630cr

secondly... there is no need to come more customer to file complain,,,

this is not a consumer court

and this not a case or complaint

this is called " information" and person who file is called "informant"
    CommentQuote