What do you guys think about Jaypee Greens Wishtown - NOIDA? Is this a good time to buy? Is Wishtown a good investment?

Cheers! :)
Read more
8001 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Quest2012
    heard about M3M also getting some land/FSI in WT?

See it makes a huge amount of sense for these companies to get in:

1. Bang middle around a Golf Course
    2. 3 times less valuation than Gurgaon
    3. All roads and other infra ready
    4. Full WT barricaded and gated

Actually folks forget how big WT really is - it is 3-4 sectors huge and it just cannot be done by a solitary player. Infact I am almost dead sure we will see this in UGCC as well. The temptation for Jaypee/Unitech to realise quick money will be quite high given their woes

And overall, WT will be finished a whole lot faster

So while some will be given viz. design language may now be a little disjointed, overall complex management will be a little tricky with many players, however - WT will def be alive with multiple investments and work will be done faster with focused players coming in
    CommentQuote
  • This will be tricky as multitude of aspects come in picture. I am assuming density will not change as there will same norms transferred to the new owners as per the land use plan by Jaypee. Overall FAR etc still has to be maintained in the sectors as per norms. I just hope this fund is rightly utilize to finish and handover the thousands of unit under JP umbrella.

Any news on the shops cluster between Kalypso and PH3 being operational?
    CommentQuote
  • It should help to improve sentiment in WT, and hopefuly the delivery by Jaypee for ongoing projects, if the money earned is put into present ongoing projects
    Originally Posted by dineshsays
    See it makes a huge amount of sense for these companies to get in:

1. Bang middle around a Golf Course
    2. 3 times less valuation than Gurgaon
    3. All roads and other infra ready
    4. Full WT barricaded and gated

Actually folks forget how big WT really is - it is 3-4 sectors huge and it just cannot be done by a solitary player. Infact I am almost dead sure we will see this in UGCC as well. The temptation for Jaypee/Unitech to realise quick money will be quite high given their woes

And overall, WT will be finished a whole lot faster

So while some will be given viz. design language may now be a little disjointed, overall complex management will be a little tricky with many players, however - WT will def be alive with multiple investments and work will be done faster with focused players coming in
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dineshsays
    These people are in some dreamland/overhang:

Jaypee Group among 8 firms interested in power project in Himachal Pradesh
    TNN | Nov 6, 2014, 05.29AM IST

inShare

SHIMLA: Around eight companies have shown interest in the 960MW Jangi-Thopan-Powari hydropower project proposed in Kinnaur district of Himachal Pradesh. Among those are Jaypee Group, which is already trying to sell its two hydropower projects - Karchhwam Wangtoo and Baspa-II - situated in Kinnaur district.

Interest shown by Jaypee group has left many surprised as the company is already trying to sell its two projects in Kinnaur. Jaiprakash Power Ventures Limited (JPVL), a subsidiary of Jaypee Group, had entered into an agreement for the sale of 1,000MW Karcham Wangtoo and 300MW Baspa-II projects in Kinnaur district with Abu Dhabi National Energy Company PJSC (TAQA) but the latter had opted out of the around Rs 10,000 crore deal. Himachal Pradesh government had also opposed the deal. Sources said that now, Jaypee is trying to enter into a deal with Jindal group for the two projects.

Sources said that around eight companies have shown their interest in the proposed project and their officials had recently held meeting with officials from Directorate of Energy about terms and conditions and rules. Sources said that these companies would soon participate in the financial bidding. Jangi-Thopan-Powari project is pending before Supreme Court, and it is on the direction of Apex Court that state government has invited pre-bids for the project.

Could be a front for some other party (political may be) to meet qualification requirements under the RFP document. They have executed projects in the past so they will definitely get marks for their experience. Lot of time these kind of background deals take place in my experience.
    CommentQuote
  • https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=56484
    All Golfers unite!! You can discuss our next Dharna whilst we hit their 'balls' on the course!!
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by krafty
    https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=56484
    All Golfers unite!! You can discuss our next Dharna whilst we hit their 'balls' on the course!!

But good to see the course coming alive!!
    CommentQuote
  • Yippeeee....afternoon golf on Sunday
    CommentQuote
  • course ka to possession mila
    CommentQuote
  • Single malt is open....good news after a long time. Hope it isnt a bloody one off
    CommentQuote
  • Dinesh....have you managed to get any golf membership card which JP has been promising from a very long time?

Also do members pay for caddie fees?
    CommentQuote
  • 400 or so. I dnt hv a card. I dnnt even get the mail. Will ask the chap tomorrow. Aditey has left JP 6 months back
    CommentQuote
  • Build F1 circuit, hospital, office, golf course and whatever that mints money from day 1. Let end users go to hell as investors are our future.
    CommentQuote
  • Look I agree with your sentiments but investors dont gain from F1, Golf Course etc. Its the builder and his fancy.

If there has been any company which has mistreated investors - be it stock market and returns via property investments - it is Jaypee.

And please dont misunderstand my words above, I am a very avid golfer and it is probably one of my principal reasons of getting into WT. Though I understand its not the case with most. Some even think a golf course is a park to take an evening stroll in or have a picnic in.
    CommentQuote
  • And, haha, I'd be very happy if all these were minting money for Jaypee, but sadly most are loss making propositions
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by orchardman
    Dinesh....have you managed to get any golf membership card which JP has been promising from a very long time?

Also do members pay for caddie fees?

Hi bro - I checked with the lady Harleen mentioned in the mail. Our ( me n my sis) cards are ready pending some signatures. She said most cards are ready. I suppose you call her for status.....
    CommentQuote