Sort by :
Filter by :
- So - some good news. It does look like the hydropower deal with jsw steel has been inked for 9700 Cr for 2 power units. I think it is an important one and will give at least a years relief to JP. Hope they concentrate on WT for all of our sakeCommentQuote0Flag
12000 cr with reliance is now 9700 cr with jsw. So valuation is reduced? Correct?CommentQuote0Flag
- Originally Posted by rahulkumar1212000 cr with reliance is now 9700 cr with jsw. So valuation is reduced? Correct?
That was for 1791M and this deal is of only 1300M watt....so considering that they are bang on
Sent from my XT1022 using Indian Real Estate Forum mobile appCommentQuote0Flag
- Originally Posted by rahulchawla5That was for 1791M and this deal is of only 1300M watt....so considering that they are bang on
Sent from my XT1022 using Indian Real Estate Forum mobile app
Yes correct - this is for 2 plants - 100% capacity only. Valuation looks fineCommentQuote0Flag
- It just seems to be kind of agreement to sell signed between them. Typical corporate press release. Unless there is a news of financial closure, and there is a news that the resources employed in wish town are doubled, there is nothing to celebrateCommentQuote0Flag
- Quite a few news channels are reporting this now. JSW has also issued a formal statement in this regard - you can google the same now
"JSW Energy has agreed to acquire from Jaiprakash Power Ventures and other shareholders, 100 per cent stake in Himachal Baspa Power company for a base enterprise value of Rs 9,700 crore," JSW Energy said in a statement.
The board of directors of Jaiprakash Power has approved the transfer of 300 MW of Baspa II hydro-electric project and 1,091 MW Karcham Wangtoo hydro project into a separate company -- Himachal Baspa Power company, it added."
- As far as celebrating - well it doesnt take a genius to realise it is meaningless unless diverted to WT and if you read my earlier post it says that exactly. Infact celebrations will come only on possession. But doesnt mean we cant share positive developments right.
The fact that money is atleast there (seemingly) after quite a few months is much better news than not being able to sell at all and hv no money to construct in anycase. Would you disagree?CommentQuote2Flag
I hope jaypee utilizes few crores to solve the tight liquidity situation in jaypee infra rather than full payment in debt.CommentQuote0Flag
- Yup Venky - finance costs high. Obviously the pain starting to reflect in servicing the debt. I think the sale therefore is very important. BTW did you notice JP Infra made better net profit than last yearCommentQuote1Flag
- Well as far as my understanding goes, there is a difference between "acquired" and "agreed to acquire". The entire statement is laced with words such as " subsequent to scheme of arrangement", "subject to terms and conditions", " proposed" etc. So therefore there is no difference between this so called agreement and previous announcement with reliance. Of course valuation is a big ticket item but the fact that the entire deal is subject to terms and conditions. It simply means that lot of haggling still has to go on between the two parties.
I will be happy if sight the money in these news report. But my reading of these reports is that there is just not enough assurance that money will come into the company. Just one of those press releases that we read daily in newspaper.
In my experience, until we see a headline "JSW acquires..." instead of "JSW agrees to acquire...", its not even worth discussingCommentQuote1Flag
- Lets agree to disagree then. By that parallel no point discussing the process, only the result.
Lets close all threads and reopen them after possession is offered.CommentQuote0Flag
- No need to get worked up. I have a point of view I am airing that.
By the way your judgment is completely erroneous. Which parallel are you talking about? Please enlighten us if you know more facts than quoting these paid press releases than just being condescending and judgmental. Or if you have such a dislike to an alternate point of view to your posts, its better you post on possession only.CommentQuote0Flag
- Chill mate - who is getting worked up. I do agree you have a point of view and mine is different and thats why I say lets agree to disagree.
Look these are mentioned in ET, Business times and other reputed sites. It quotes an official release from the purchasing company and an acceptance from the board of the other. It also mentions it as an all cash deal. I therefore feel it right to post this - especially considering how important the news is to the current context.
You said this is not even worth discussing to which I 100% disagree.
Its not a question of liking or disliking.
You think this is being judgemental or condescending it is entirely your call.
I believe this forum is a base to exchange viewpoints, information and opinion. I cannot say with certainity the deal will go thru but I 100% believe it is important/timely to discuss this as it is reported.CommentQuote0Flag