What do you guys think about Jaypee Greens Wishtown - NOIDA? Is this a good time to buy? Is Wishtown a good investment?

Cheers! :)
Read more
8003 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by MeinSonu
    Well as far as my understanding goes, there is a difference between "acquired" and "agreed to acquire". The entire statement is laced with words such as " subsequent to scheme of arrangement", "subject to terms and conditions", " proposed" etc. So therefore there is no difference between this so called agreement and previous announcement with reliance. Of course valuation is a big ticket item but the fact that the entire deal is subject to terms and conditions. It simply means that lot of haggling still has to go on between the two parties.

I will be happy if sight the money in these news report. But my reading of these reports is that there is just not enough assurance that money will come into the company. Just one of those press releases that we read daily in newspaper.

In my experience, until we see a headline "JSW acquires..." instead of "JSW agrees to acquire...", its not even worth discussing

In this sale very little money comes into JP. The asset being sold carries its own massive long term debt. So if you sell for 14000 crore and debt of the power plant is say 13000 crore then JP gets just 1000 crore in hand (not actual figure just illustration). But group debt reduces from say 60000 crore to 47000 crore because they sold off 13000 crore of debt.

If they sell off all their cement and power plants their debt can become zero in this way. But greed to remain a big company is making them not sell off aggressively. Greed is the main problem.
    CommentQuote
  • Guys, any comments or info about what has been posted in another thread on this forum. Take a look at following

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/pune-real-estate/3663-pune-projects-will-cover-one-project-every-day?p=126760#post126760
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Venkytalks
    In this sale very little money comes into JP. The asset being sold carries its own massive long term debt. So if you sell for 14000 crore and debt of the power plant is say 13000 crore then JP gets just 1000 crore in hand (not actual figure just illustration). But group debt reduces from say 60000 crore to 47000 crore because they sold off 13000 crore of debt.

If they sell off all their cement and power plants their debt can become zero in this way. But greed to remain a big company is making them not sell off aggressively. Greed is the main problem.

I agree. But the reduction of debt will give some room in terms of leverage on balance sheet, may also improve credit agency ratings and thus access to cheaper funds and free up a few assets for further mortgaging if required. I think access of cheaper funds will have a positive impact on our wish town bhai. At least that's what I think. These sales are extremely important for my small flat that I am so waiting for.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ThePunjabi
    Guys, any comments or info about what has been posted in another thread on this forum. Take a look at following

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/pune-real-estate/3663-pune-projects-will-cover-one-project-every-day?p=126760#post126760

It might be me - on tapatalk - but the link you put takes me to the Pune forum where a project is being discussed - is that what you wanted feedback on?
    CommentQuote
    I agree. But the reduction of debt will give some room in terms of leverage on balance sheet, may also improve credit agency ratings and thus access to cheaper funds and free up a few assets for further mortgaging if required. I think access of cheaper funds will have a positive impact on our wish town bhai. At least that's what I think. These sales are extremely important for my small flat that I am so waiting for.

Jaypee associates net revenue is around 12000 cr. Imo a majority must be going in debt/interest payment. So even if no money comes directly to jaypee still it will brighten off the liquidity situation indirectly by saving interest payment.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dineshsays
    It might be me - on tapatalk - but the link you put takes me to the Pune forum where a project is being discussed - is that what you wanted feedback on?

This is on Gurgaon bubble burst thread.

Originally Posted by MANOJa
    DLF & Unitech might survive, but JP looks all set to go down . Have heard that there is some dispute in the family & some family members r looking at the option of partition in the Business ( News is still unconfirmed, but through one reliable source - hectic negotiations r going on currently, so things r pretty fluid, as per the source ) .
    CommentQuote
  • Lot of respect for Manoj. Guess he must have some deep inside info.

But even if there is disagreement, will that tantamount to going down.

Infact in the same post there is talk of partition in the business - I dont know if he means it in that context that Jaypee will be split up.

Well lets see what comes out of Manoj's source, hope he keeps us posted.

What I know:

- recently JPSI actual merged BACK into JPA (google it)
    - 9+k CR deal apparently announced
    - JPA made net loss of 100 Cr this quarter owing to higher finance costs (servicing debt)
    -JP infra made net profit of 115 Cr
    - JP power had a PAT of nearly 300 Cr

NTPC has expressed desire to buy JPs thermal assets

Small block sales are continuing in WT and Sports City

I dont think the company is anywhere near going down. Ultimately all assets outweigh all debt currently and they are doing the right thing in trying to get to manageable debt levels.

But like I said Manoj is probably the most respected member of this forum - he must have some good reason for believing JP is finished. We will wait for him to confirm back
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rahulkumar12
    Jaypee associates net revenue is around 12000 cr. Imo a majority must be going in debt/interest payment. So even if no money comes directly to jaypee still it will brighten off the liquidity situation indirectly by saving interest payment.

Thats exactly right.
    CommentQuote
    Lot of respect for Manoj. Guess he must have some deep inside info.

But even if there is disagreement, will that tantamount to going down.

Infact in the same post there is talk of partition in the business - I dont know if he means it in that context that Jaypee will be split up.

Well lets see what comes out of Manoj's source, hope he keeps us posted.

What I know:

- recently JPSI actual merged BACK into JPA (google it)
    - 9+k CR deal apparently announced
    - JPA made net loss of 100 Cr this quarter owing to higher finance costs (servicing debt)
    -JP infra made net profit of 115 Cr
    - JP power had a PAT of nearly 300 Cr

NTPC has expressed desire to buy JPs thermal assets

Small block sales are continuing in WT and Sports City

I dont think the company is anywhere near going down. Ultimately all assets outweigh all debt currently and they are doing the right thing in trying to get to manageable debt levels.

But like I said Manoj is probably the most respected member of this forum - he must have some good reason for believing JP is finished. We will wait for him to confirm back

There is some element of truth in there as far as family management is concerned. But that doesn't mean group is going down... They have been a very resilient business owners and in 80s they weathered serious setbacks and again in 2000s they had done really well to come out on top. I think they still have a solid DNA.

One thing I would like to highlight is they are seriously considering to not continue in real estate except for hospitality business. It is a good and bad both for WT... Good that they will monetize the land bank as much as possible (there is grapevine that they have already hived off abt 1000cr in WT and Yamuna sports city) but at the same time they may not be keen on building lasting RE brand say like DLFs or Lodha. Still expect them to push WT completion in upcoming qtrs especially Q4.
    CommentQuote
    Chill mate - who is getting worked up. I do agree you have a point of view and mine is different and thats why I say lets agree to disagree.

Look these are mentioned in ET, Business times and other reputed sites. It quotes an official release from the purchasing company and an acceptance from the board of the other. It also mentions it as an all cash deal. I therefore feel it right to post this - especially considering how important the news is to the current context.

You said this is not even worth discussing to which I 100% disagree.

Its not a question of liking or disliking.

You think this is being judgemental or condescending it is entirely your call.

I believe this forum is a base to exchange viewpoints, information and opinion. I cannot say with certainity the deal will go thru but I 100% believe it is important/timely to discuss this as it is reported.

Ya let's just agree to disagree.

BTW if you have still not understood, my point us just simple. Going by the vagueness of report, it isn't correct to say whether the development is good or bad. I am more on quality of the report than on its reporting or posting here. Only a person with insider info can say that. Simple example is this. If this news report had said that the agreement between JP and JSW doesn't contain termination clause and parties cannot back track, I would have agreed that its a good development, and therefore worth discussing.

Apart from concluding that it's a good or bad info, what is there in it to discuss? I am saying that we can't reach to any conclusion based on this release.

The fact that it can be posted here for info, my answer is yes. Discussion-its a worthless report full of vagueness
    CommentQuote
    Ya let's just agree to disagree.

BTW if you have still not understood, my point us just simple. Going by the vagueness of report, it isn't correct to say whether the development is good or bad. I am more on quality of the report than on its reporting or posting here. Only a person with insider info can say that. Simple example is this. If this news report had said that the agreement between JP and JSW doesn't contain termination clause and parties cannot back track, I would have agreed that its a good development, and therefore worth discussing.

Apart from concluding that it's a good or bad info, what is there in it to discuss? I am saying that we can't reach to any conclusion based on this release.

The fact that it can be posted here for info, my answer is yes. Discussion-its a worthless report full of vagueness

"Worthless report full of vagueness".

Ok, I guess you're quite clear as to the level of authenticity you would like before allowing a news item to be tabled for discussion. I suppose nothing less than personally seeing money in JPAs accounts would suffice.

Appreciate the 0 tolerance policy as to what construes credibility. It would be interesting to see your retort on other members claiming the groups downfall only based on loose hearsay.
    CommentQuote
  • U r not getting my point. So there is no reason going into circles...u n me trying to reason out with each other. I hope people have got what we are trying to say...some will agree with me some with you...let's just leave it at that. I
    CommentQuote
  • Ok. No hard feelings.
    CommentQuote
  • there are 14 service center planned in jaypee wishtown as per their master plan..Also it is ready at some places like near krescent,behind kasa..Any idea about the use and purpose of this center??
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rahul21jan81
    there are 14 service center planned in jaypee wishtown as per their master plan..Also it is ready at some places like near krescent,behind kasa..Any idea about the use and purpose of this center??

Yes - from what I know - these are centers for providing and administrating certain services across the township such as water, electricity, backup, gas and other aspects. Each of these service center will get a pre-defined zone to take care of.
    CommentQuote