What do you guys think about Jaypee Greens Wishtown - NOIDA? Is this a good time to buy? Is Wishtown a good investment?

Cheers! :)
Read more
7938 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Yes - another key aspect is not to pare off all debt. Remember till last year JPA was a profit making company (JP Power and Infra still are). But because of additional burden of loan or cost of capital the company had to incurr losses.

No if debt is bought down to manageable levels ~ 20k Cr then the company may well get back to profit making ways. Downside is - it will not be a massive conglomerate.

However - it is the right way to go. One also hopes interest rate cuts are announced soon for JPs sake
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abhinav_2325
    And do not forget, that the overall debt on jaypee is distributed on their different assets, so basically when they sell an asset , the debt on that particular asset is automatically reduced, going by what i have read on times of india today, they have already sold assets worth 20 thousand crores , on those 20 thousand crore assets , there has to be a debt of at least around 10 thousand or even more, so out of 70 thousand crore overall debt , around 30 thousand crore is already reduced.
    For now what it seems is-
    overall debt 70k-30k= 40 k
    (all in crores)
    net debt left on jaypee is 40 K crores which can be easily nearly handled just by selling their entire cement plants(for instance).
    FAR FAR AWAY from going bankrupt.
    Plus Narender modi impact( in central gov) and bjp in Uttar pradesh will totally change their dynamics.
    In my opinion, Its the right time to enter in wishtown and wait for 5 years( to see the best ROI) in entire NCR.
    REcently my friend who lives in omaxe grandwoods , visited me and loved the views and the openness in the apartment so much. And at the moment , its a pity that the rates of pavilion court and omaxe grandwood are not so different.
    Another 5 years, and there will be a significant difference.

If they sold 20k cr and if debt on those assets was 10k then they get only 10k in hand to further reduce d debt

So its not 30k reduction
    CommentQuote
  • I think as per manoj Interview they are not now no looking to sale any assets..They are happy with 40k cr debit..let see..
    CommentQuote
  • or do we believe that the banks and financial institutes giving money to Jaypee and to buyers as loan on Jaypee projects are not seeing the assets Vs debt for JP group
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dhinkachika
    If they sold 20k cr and if debt on those assets was 10k then they get only 10k in hand to further reduce d debt

So its not 30k reduction

but the debt on outstanding assets was part of the overall debt.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Quest2012
    or do we believe that the banks and financial institutes giving money to Jaypee and to buyers as loan on Jaypee projects are not seeing the assets Vs debt for JP group

They are not seeing it? Could u clarify
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dineshsays
    but the debt on outstanding assets was part of the overall debt.

But 5400 cr is d total deal amount. X amount of debt and 5400-X amt wht jp will get

So if 20000 cr asset is sold and Y is total debt on it and jp will get 20000-Y cr.

Where is d confusion
    CommentQuote
  • And total debt jp can reduce s 20000 cr only and not 30000 cr what abhinav was mentioning
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dhinkachika
    But 5400 cr is d total deal amount. X amount of debt and 5400-X amt wht jp will get

So if 20000 cr asset is sold and Y is total debt on it and jp will get 20000-Y cr.

Where is d confusion

Dost debt on asset is PART of overall debt.

So if debt on Asset A = 10000 Cr

Then that debt is PART of JPA overall debt

If that asset is sold at 10000 Cr then simply the asset is off the books AND 10000 Cr of debt is wiped off JPs books. Yes they will not get further 10000 Cr to wipe out further debt
    CommentQuote
  • Yes Abhinav is doubling things...it will be 20k Cr total which is reduced. Even less if some of this is used for paying interest
    CommentQuote
  • Ya
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dineshsays
    Yes Abhinav is doubling things...it will be 20k Cr total which is reduced. Even less if some of this is used for paying interest

I am no expert, but the last sentence of the times of india article that you quoted suggested so.
    Please read that and explain what it means, to me it suggested otherwise, I could be wrong.
    It said "including debt".
    CommentQuote
  • I was in Jaypee Greens Greater Noida today and met a old acquaintance in Jaypee, who happened to hold a high position there.

According to him......JAYPEE GROUP IS ABOUT TO SPLIT......GAUR SENIOR HAS AGREED TO IT.....AND THE IDEA IS TO BRING DOWN DEBT TO "TOLERABLE LIMITS" AND THEN SPLIT

I Am merely sharing what I was told....Its not first hand info....but came from a High ranking official in Jaypee ....If this will happen soon or not....if this is positive or negative ...time will tell

But i had heard rumours before but today they got endorsed by someone who works for them at a high position
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by zohaib2012
    I was in Jaypee Greens Greater Noida today and met a old acquaintance in Jaypee, who happened to hold a high position there.

According to him......JAYPEE GROUP IS ABOUT TO SPLIT......GAUR SENIOR HAS AGREED TO IT.....AND THE IDEA IS TO BRING DOWN DEBT TO "TOLERABLE LIMITS" AND THEN SPLIT

I Am merely sharing what I was told....Its not first hand info....but came from a High ranking official in Jaypee ....If this will happen soon or not....if this is positive or negative ...time will tell

But i had heard rumours before but today they got endorsed by someone who works for them at a high position

Zohaib bhai, every company (infra, power, cement etc)promoted by jp gaud and family work independently. So you mean further split? If yes, plz explain how.
    CommentQuote
  • As I said, I dont have First hand Info and it came from an acquaintance whom i had a chance meeting with in a Casual Event in Gnoida.

I merely asked him How Bad the situation is for jaypee....to which he remarked...Its one of worst in History of Jaypee...and there are lot of internal issues (again i didnt ask and he didnt explain) and Gaur senior has agreed to SPLIT it ...and they shall do that once Debt comes to tolerable limits (again what Tolerable means...I have no idea)

Also....I did specifically about Jaypee Real estate projects....to which he said....situation is Not good.
    Again what exactly he meant....I didnt dig further

Honestly.....Since I had Myself made ALL my Clients Exit and my investments exit Noida in 2012...I dont have much interest in Details of such conversations, etc .

Koi na koi milta rehta hai.....and i keep keeping myself informed

Like couple of days back I was in 3C office...and I had a Big Laugh when I was informed that Not even a Single Management level employee picked up a Property in 3c For end use :)

This was really funny....as most of Best locations and Best prices Units in one of best projects of a Builder are usually picked up by Officers of that company for themselves of their near and dear ones...Its a Great Perk One has.

But in 3C.....No one did that...which speaks a lot about a company..in a amusing way
    CommentQuote