What do you guys think about Jaypee Greens Wishtown - NOIDA? Is this a good time to buy? Is Wishtown a good investment?

Cheers! :)
Read more
8001 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by dineshsays

Shaurya - I think we end up disagreeing a lot, and I feel this is not about my liking for Jaypee as much as you not researching fully and presenting the facts in an unbiased manner. I'm sure no one sees any issues with you putting Jaypee down, but do it for the right reasons and facts - not on your gut instincts or incomplete information. Obviously, I am no one to stop you to do as you please.

Dinesh, We are here for open, transparent discussion !!! please do not doubt my facts/ research. I used google earth to measure the dimensions of Sector-128 layouts. I spent lot of time on it, as there is lot riding on this for me. You have been presenting your facts using google earth all along. I'm putting it forward transparently. Anyone can download google earth and measure the dimension themselves.

- 80% construction area my friend is a gross misrepresentation - I doubt the actual area which will be occupied by towers is more than 10% of the land in the GC area of WT. Just look at Google Earth and subtract areas that are occupied by towers and see the leftover space. 80% area is not occupied even by the densest society of Noida.

Calculations are attached - Please have a look at them. Appx 80% is non golf course. If builder can use super area to charge customers (Not Carpet Area) then we can include roads etc as part of the construction area

- Not all towers are this high (20-40) - only Imperial amongst currently launched towers in the periphery is > 30 stories. All of Pavilion is < 20, All GC plots are obviously low rise, Knight is 10 or 12, Augusta is 5 or 6, and so is Pebble, the Boomerang club is low rise, Kalisto is low rise, Kingswood is low rise, even the new towers launched yesterday (Krystal) are 13 stories high. Where are you coming from?

What about Boomerang and undeveloped areas in the middle of Golf course

- Is the finding on land between the two green strips being set aside for construction a retrospective assessment - the land in the middle of the two strips forming the 18 hole course has been there since Jaypee launched the project. Did you not see the model when fixing your units?

Unfortunately, You weren't there for the advice. I was led on the wrong path. But decision is taken. Its history.

BTW The area of the 18 hole course alone is 135 acres not 65 acres what you have mentioned

Its 84 acres with 20% variation - since these are rough estimates.

Golf Course Noida | Jaypee Greens Golf Course, Golf Apartments, Golf Resort in Noida

This is more than enough to create a championship grade golf course

The 18 hole course in Jaypee Greater Noida is INDIA's longest course (Google this) - so Jaypee understands this business. I have played there a number of times - its a pleasure always, and what I have seen in 128 promises something similar - infact here they have another 9 hole course. A similar 9+18 combination is only there in super select courses (Classic GC in Gurgaon and Delhi Golf Club)

This is NOT for S&M only and I spent considerable effort in trying to make you understand this in another thread. If you're still unconvinced then - lets stop this here and wait till 2013 end and find out ourselves

Don't get me wrong - I still believe Jaypee is far better than DLF and Unitechs of the world. There is lot riding for them on this. They better not mess this up. Hoping for the best.

:bab (59)::bab (42)::bab (48):
    CommentQuote
  • All the best to you, me and all other Jaypee end users and investors. Amen!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Please refer to these images for the points mentioned above.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Victor1965
    JAYPEE GREENS - NOIDA

What do you guys think about Jaypee Greens in Noida?

Is this a good time to buy?
    Is it a good investment?

Cheers! :)

YES IT IS A GOOD TIME TO INVEST IN THE JAYPEE PROPERTIES NOIDA.. U WILL GET VERY GOOD RETURNS ON I... :-p
    CommentQuote
  • Good News - Aditya Birla is front-runner for Jaiprakash cement stake

Mumbai/New Delhi: The Aditya Birla Group has emerged as the front-runner in a bid to acquire a stake in the cement business of Jaiprakash Associates Ltd (JAL) that could potentially be valued at $1 billion (around Rs. 5,700 crore), according to three people familiar with the matter.

The two sides are in direct talks and negotiations have advanced considerably, said a senior Aditya Birla Group executive requesting anonymity.
    “We have emerged as the front-runner. There were not too many serious players, except one multinational company,” this person said. “The idea is to buy out a part of the stake from JP Associates’ cements business. The acquisition could be as big as $1 billion.”

The exercise is aimed at reducing debt and may even result in a complete exit by JAL from the third largest cement business in India.

JAL is an infrastructure company that also runs hotels, cement plants, utilities and the Buddh International racing circuit near New Delhi, besides developing real estate. Its cement units produced 15.87 million tonnes in the year to March 2011.

“Jaiprakash Associates is in direct talks with the Aditya Birla Group. They had approached the top management directly,” said another person aware of the development, seeking anonymity.

The Economic Times newspaper had reported on 15 June that JAL could conclude a deal for its cement plants in Gujarat and Andhra Pradesh with France-based Lafarge SA, the Aditya Birla Group or Switzerland-based Holcim Ltd, which owns ACC Ltd and Ambuja Cements Ltd.

Debt-fuelled growth has taken its toll on JAL. Even as income from operations grew by a healthy 30% in 2011-12, profit contracted 54% to Rs. 947 crore, as a sharp rise in interest costs crimped earnings. From Rs. 1,979 crore in 2010-11, finance costs surged 58% to Rs. 3,134 crore last fiscal. Long-term borrowings during the year increased 12% to Rs. 43,912 crore and total liabilities spiked 21.6% to Rs. 64,459 crore.

While questions emailed to a JAL spokesperson on Sunday evening remained unanswered at the time of going to press, O.P. Puranmalka, business director at Aditya Birla-controlled UltraTech Cement Ltd, and director, Aditya Birla Management Corp. Pvt. Ltd, said his company would not comment on market speculation in line with its policy.

The moves take place at a time when, in the first order of its kind, the Competition Commission of India (CCI) censured the cement industry for cartelization on 21 June and imposed a penalty of at least Rs. 6,300 crore on the top 11 makers of the building material.

Among these, the worst-hit were ACC, Ambuja Cements, UltraTech Cement and JAL, which have been fined in excess of Rs. 1,000 crore each. All the 11 firms were fined 50% of their average profit for the 2010 and 2011 fiscal years, the period for which they were investigated.

Fitch Ratings said on Monday that the CCI order may aid the process of further consolidation in the industry over the long term. “To the extent regulatory intervention limits coordinated supplier actions with respect to price and quantity, smaller firms (single or multiple plants with high geographic concentration) with uneconomic cost structures would become uncompetitive and face very significant deterioration in their credit profiles. As such, the fragmentation level in the industry is expected to reduce, and larger and vertically integrated companies are likely to gain market share,” Fitch said in a statement.

Fitch has maintained a negative outlook on the Indian cement industry for the last two years. The industry has been struggling with excess capacity, given the existing muted demand scenario besides having a structural feature of relatively high operating leverage.

An infusion of fresh cash would revive JAL’s finances. According to Kim Eng Securities, the company requires Rs. 12,100 crore to complete ongoing projects over the next two years. As the company is only able to meet 30% of its investment obligations through internal accruals because it has little surplus cash after meeting interest costs, it has to tie up funds from other sources for the rest, Kim Eng said in a 15 June note.

It forecasts a cash flow shortfall of Rs. 6,000 crore in fiscal 2013 and Rs. 2,700 crore in fiscal 2014.

pr.sanjai@livemint.com
    Aditya Birla is front-runner for Jaiprakash cement stake - Home - livemint.com
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Shaurya29
    Mumbai/New Delhi: The Aditya Birla Group has emerged as the front-runner in a bid to acquire a stake in the cement business of Jaiprakash Associates Ltd (JAL) that could potentially be valued at $1 billion (around Rs. 5,700 crore), according to three people familiar with the matter.

The two sides are in direct talks and negotiations have advanced considerably, said a senior Aditya Birla Group executive requesting anonymity.
    “We have emerged as the front-runner. There were not too many serious players, except one multinational company,” this person said. “The idea is to buy out a part of the stake from JP Associates’ cements business. The acquisition could be as big as $1 billion.”

The exercise is aimed at reducing debt and may even result in a complete exit by JAL from the third largest cement business in India.

JAL is an infrastructure company that also runs hotels, cement plants, utilities and the Buddh International racing circuit near New Delhi, besides developing real estate. Its cement units produced 15.87 million tonnes in the year to March 2011.

“Jaiprakash Associates is in direct talks with the Aditya Birla Group. They had approached the top management directly,” said another person aware of the development, seeking anonymity.

The Economic Times newspaper had reported on 15 June that JAL could conclude a deal for its cement plants in Gujarat and Andhra Pradesh with France-based Lafarge SA, the Aditya Birla Group or Switzerland-based Holcim Ltd, which owns ACC Ltd and Ambuja Cements Ltd.

Debt-fuelled growth has taken its toll on JAL. Even as income from operations grew by a healthy 30% in 2011-12, profit contracted 54% to Rs. 947 crore, as a sharp rise in interest costs crimped earnings. From Rs. 1,979 crore in 2010-11, finance costs surged 58% to Rs. 3,134 crore last fiscal. Long-term borrowings during the year increased 12% to Rs. 43,912 crore and total liabilities spiked 21.6% to Rs. 64,459 crore.

While questions emailed to a JAL spokesperson on Sunday evening remained unanswered at the time of going to press, O.P. Puranmalka, business director at Aditya Birla-controlled UltraTech Cement Ltd, and director, Aditya Birla Management Corp. Pvt. Ltd, said his company would not comment on market speculation in line with its policy.

The moves take place at a time when, in the first order of its kind, the Competition Commission of India (CCI) censured the cement industry for cartelization on 21 June and imposed a penalty of at least Rs. 6,300 crore on the top 11 makers of the building material.

Among these, the worst-hit were ACC, Ambuja Cements, UltraTech Cement and JAL, which have been fined in excess of Rs. 1,000 crore each. All the 11 firms were fined 50% of their average profit for the 2010 and 2011 fiscal years, the period for which they were investigated.

Fitch Ratings said on Monday that the CCI order may aid the process of further consolidation in the industry over the long term. “To the extent regulatory intervention limits coordinated supplier actions with respect to price and quantity, smaller firms (single or multiple plants with high geographic concentration) with uneconomic cost structures would become uncompetitive and face very significant deterioration in their credit profiles. As such, the fragmentation level in the industry is expected to reduce, and larger and vertically integrated companies are likely to gain market share,” Fitch said in a statement.

Fitch has maintained a negative outlook on the Indian cement industry for the last two years. The industry has been struggling with excess capacity, given the existing muted demand scenario besides having a structural feature of relatively high operating leverage.

An infusion of fresh cash would revive JAL’s finances. According to Kim Eng Securities, the company requires Rs. 12,100 crore to complete ongoing projects over the next two years. As the company is only able to meet 30% of its investment obligations through internal accruals because it has little surplus cash after meeting interest costs, it has to tie up funds from other sources for the rest, Kim Eng said in a 15 June note.

It forecasts a cash flow shortfall of Rs. 6,000 crore in fiscal 2013 and Rs. 2,700 crore in fiscal 2014.

pr.sanjai@livemint.com
    Aditya Birla is front-runner for Jaiprakash cement stake - Home - livemint.com

Sale of cement plants will bring desperately needed cash flow. It will help JP to reduce debt and finish Constructions project e.g. Wishtown Noida.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by propequity
    Jaypee started booking @6500 psf

which project???
    CommentQuote
  • which project in jaypee wishtown..
    CommentQuote
  • Bad News - Jaypee fined 100 Cr - Himachal Cement Plant

People power crushes illegal Jaypee Cement plant in Himachal Pradesh

People power crushes illegal plant in Himachal Pradesh | NDTV.com
    CommentQuote
  • Folks - I've heard through the grapevine that Jaypee intends to increase rates across the board. My trusted broker is unavailable for the time being.

Can anyone confirm/deny the news and also suggest by what percentage are they increasing the rates (if true)

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Can you elaborate with some rationale. Why you think so?

Do you have any news on Rate increases across the board?
    CommentQuote
    Can you elaborate with some rationale. Why you think so?

Do you have any news on Rate increases across the board?

Is this question out of an entirely academic interest? Their last rate increase activity was full of humor. PH was increased to 9000/sqft when in reality BOP and others are still selling fresh units at 5500-ish. :)

On a lighter note , rumors may be true, and the rates for Kosmos may be revised to 10000/sq ft. I still remember how pavilion jumped from 5400 to 9000 overnight :) . Happiness, after all, is mostly a state of mind :) and is not necessarily linked to facts

Perhaps, I unnecessarily fill you with pessimism.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anantv
    Is this question out of an entirely academic interest? Their last rate increase activity was full of humor. PH was increased to 9000/sqft when in reality BOP and others are still selling fresh units at 5500-ish. :)

On a lighter note , rumors may be true, and the rates for Kosmos may be revised to 10000/sq ft. I still remember how pavilion jumped from 5400 to 9000 overnight :) . Happiness, after all, is mostly a state of mind :) and is not necessarily linked to facts

Perhaps, I unnecessarily fill you with pessimism.

Dude - it was a simple question - if you know of this let me know - if not, ignore the post.

I know EXACTLY what happened last time (April 2011), how movements increased to 14400 for Kalypso/Imperial/Knight for PCs etc from 5400 to 9000. What followed was limited or next to nothing impact in the resale market. However there was some change in the primary market

I try and keep up with what is happening at Jaypee WT and I'm not here to have thrills at paper increases similar to the last time.

However, there is a purchase decision pending in the family and that's why I want to know as there was an impact last time on the primary market.

If you can help, let me know else ignore this
    CommentQuote

Dude - it was a simple question - if you know of this let me know - if not, ignore the post.

I know EXACTLY what happened last time (April 2011), how movements increased to 14400 for Kalypso/Imperial/Knight for PCs etc from 5400 to 9000. What followed was limited or next to nothing impact in the resale market. However there was some change in the primary market

I try and keep up with what is happening at Jaypee WT and I'm not here to have thrills at paper increases similar to the last time.

However, there is a purchase decision pending in the family and that's why I want to know as there was an impact last time on the primary market.

If you can help, let me know else ignore this

Dear Dinesh,

I have heard from BOP that there is an increase in rate across the board of all properties in JP wishtown from 1 july. Infact they are planning to stop fresh sale of all GC properties to promote Kristal. May be they know there is YEA is going to be opened... wants to cash in sentiments. I guess there is already there is an increase in stock of JP infra also. All in all looking good for JP

I dont how much is true.
    CommentQuote