What do you guys think about Jaypee Greens Wishtown - NOIDA? Is this a good time to buy? Is Wishtown a good investment?

Cheers! :)
Read more
Reply
8001 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I am also invested in orchards, and jaypee was always for end time users , not for punters.
    Everbody knew that they are notorious for delays, but those who can wait, will be heavily rewarded.
    On the other side, i am so happy that i invested in wishtown, everymorning when i see these amazing views from my windows.
    Wishtown is for end users / long term investors, not for punters.
    If you can wait , the properties here will beat their competitors without a doubt
    CommentQuote
  • Abhinav bro - have u noticed further development around Kalypso - getting quite excited frankly
    CommentQuote
  • Yes,dinesh. There is constant progress.
    I keep an eye.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abhinav_2325
    I am also invested in orchards, and jaypee was always for end time users , not for punters.
    Everbody knew that they are notorious for delays, but those who can wait, will be heavily rewarded.
    On the other side, i am so happy that i invested in wishtown, everymorning when i see these amazing views from my windows.
    Wishtown is for end users / long term investors, not for punters.
    If you can wait , the properties here will beat their competitors without a doubt


    I agree somewhat but not totally. They should've and could've done better is my assessment. I had bought oc for self use but the waiting cannot be endless as the commitment was for end 15 handover but looks like it will easily stretch into 18 which is a 3 year delay. This is terrible for an end user.
    However i have seen what jp can do when they put their mind to it. I happened to visit f1 track 90 days prior to the 1st race and i felt there is not way they can complete this and the event will be a disaster but the truth is totally different. Honestly my decision to buy into oc was influenced by this event.
    CommentQuote
  • I know what you feel but my overall experience says that we must hang on for heavy rewards later on.
    Rest is your call
    CommentQuote
  • These delays at least have one advantage. Small term investors./punters/ panic and exit, which in turn gives way to more end users/long term investors which means that when the property get ready, most of the owners will be the end users and long term investors and only a few units will be in the market for sale, resulting the supply demand equation favoring the sellers.
    I always knew that wishtown is and will be the property owned by end users and thus once ready , it is going to be so difficult for anyone to buy properties in resale and it will boost the property prices of wishtown.
    These are opportunities not to be missed as far as my experience goes.
    CommentQuote
  • in my tower in pavilion court, no one wants to exit or sell , we all believe that it is a matter of 1- 2 years when the property will rise. All are end users in my tower.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Poddarvaib
    Agreed but some pockets continue to languish. Eg, Orchards, Kube are the 2 projects I know of. There may be more.

    Jaypee has sold these 2 projects with full page ads of L&T construction partner and if L&T is not there it is a big setback.

    I see the great potential of WT but am not happy to have invested in WT.

    I would agree - OC buyers primary reason for getting in was L&T and I remember we were all super excited looking at the searing pace maintained by them for a year plus. 2 floors a month was unprecedented in WT but I guess it was almost too good to be true.

    And I agree that if they put money, resources and intent in WT - they can finish the township in 2 years flat. And the fact that they will not, will continue to cause frustration to end users who continue to pay emis and rents and to investors who see other projects beat a fundamentally better product

    I think there are 2-3 silver linings that atleast keeps me going:

    - the master plan is excellent - it is a study in top notch layouts, wide roads greenery, clubs, religious, sports, medical facilities, shops etc

    - once finalised they dont add floors and other unethical stuff

    - overall FAR is quite low and will really benefit end users in the long run

    - the land is 100% clear and no EMIs have to be paid like other builders. I do believe that issue is still to be played out and will result in some ugly stuff elsewhere

    - they are still paying late penalty fees unlike most builders

    - track record is excellent - in their 30 years of working all projects have been top notch. Greater Noida is a masterpiece - best in NCR - better than DLF 5

    - WT though slow - work hasnt stopped. It is now at the tipping point i.e. 'easy' work is left

    - the leftover 100 acres is very valuable now. They can easily sell more of it to complete WT on its own

    - WT is also now shaping up to be the best in Noida - one goes into Kalypso etc and can easily realise there is no parallel like this in Noida. Sure UGCC may hv been better but for all practical purposes Unitech just has no focus on that project

    There are a few more points and I agree most are either historic or are futuristic and only some are in the now - I guess what I am saying is - there are enough reasons to believe them - in my opinion patience will pay.

    I am definitely keeping the faith - I bought Kalypso when my tower was 2 floors high - happy to say 23 more floors on - it is poised for possession with everything JP promised. Only downside would be the increase in SA.

    But I do also appreciate the delays that have been there and how it is hurting buyers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dineshsays
    I would agree - OC buyers primary reason for getting in was L&T and I remember we were all super excited looking at the searing pace maintained by them for a year plus. 2 floors a month was unprecedented in WT but I guess it was almost too good to be true.

    And I agree that if they put money, resources and intent in WT - they can finish the township in 2 years flat. And the fact that they will not, will continue to cause frustration to end users who continue to pay emis and rents and to investors who see other projects beat a fundamentally better product

    I think there are 2-3 silver linings that atleast keeps me going:

    - the master plan is excellent - it is a study in top notch layouts, wide roads greenery, clubs, religious, sports, medical facilities, shops etc

    - once finalised they dont add floors and other unethical stuff

    - overall FAR is quite low and will really benefit end users in the long run

    - the land is 100% clear and no EMIs have to be paid like other builders. I do believe that issue is still to be played out and will result in some ugly stuff elsewhere

    - they are still paying late penalty fees unlike most builders

    - track record is excellent - in their 30 years of working all projects have been top notch. Greater Noida is a masterpiece - best in NCR - better than DLF 5

    - WT though slow - work hasnt stopped. It is now at the tipping point i.e. 'easy' work is left

    - the leftover 100 acres is very valuable now. They can easily sell more of it to complete WT on its own

    - WT is also now shaping up to be the best in Noida - one goes into Kalypso etc and can easily realise there is no parallel like this in Noida. Sure UGCC may hv been better but for all practical purposes Unitech just has no focus on that project

    There are a few more points and I agree most are either historic or are futuristic and only some are in the now - I guess what I am saying is - there are enough reasons to believe them - in my opinion patience will pay.

    I am definitely keeping the faith - I bought Kalypso when my tower was 2 floors high - happy to say 23 more floors on - it is poised for possession with everything JP promised. Only downside would be the increase in SA.

    But I do also appreciate the delays that have been there and how it is hurting buyers


    Dinesh Ji, You are the bible of Jaypee Wish Town, I must say. Your posts have been very practical. You mentioned that Jaypee will have many religious and sporting facilities as per master plan and overall FAR is low. Now what if, all the vacant space to be built for religious and cricket/sports feilds is sold to other builders or they use additional FAR themselves to build new towers. Do you think thats a possibility?

    The whole area next to Kube on the opposite side of KBA can easily take one more project.
    I see 3 integrated schools in addition to Jaypee public school, Secondary School and College as per master plan. There is every possibility that this can turn into something else. Atleast 3 Religious Complex and many community facilities complex as per master plan. Whats the guarantee it will stay and come up like this?

    What i mean to say is that if these things go away and make way for more flats/plots/commercials then the charm of Wish Town goes away in a second.
    CommentQuote
  • Sports Fields on opposite side of Pavillion and Kensington Boulevard ka koi ata pata nahi hai. Its all barren land available at the mercy of Jaypee. I dont see any reason why they wont sell it off to bring down debt.

    Jaypee Business Hotel Bhi Toh Banana hai (main expressway facing next to krescent). Isnt that more important to Jaypee like the hospital and nirman Sadan.

    Abhi Bahut Bahut Bahut Pain Baaki Hai.

    No Offence Abhinav and Dinesh, You both have got your flats. Everything looks great to you. Think about the thousands of people who dont know whether they will even get their flat or not.

    In gurgaon, there is a property by parsvanath on main Golf Course Road. 10 years gone, some towers still not completed. Now the builder is offering bareshell apartments as he does not have funds. Compensation or reduction in total cost is peanuts compared to the finishing cost that owners will have to bear in this situation. Whats the guarantee Jaypee will not fall down to this?

    Sir, Parsvanath was also the biggest in Delhi/NCR at that time. Waqt badalte der nahi lagti. Gone are the days of Jaypee workmanship under Sir JP Gaur. Agli Pushto ne sab kucch duba diya.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by firstimebuy
    Dinesh Ji, You are the bible of Jaypee Wish Town, I must say. Your posts have been very practical. You mentioned that Jaypee will have many religious and sporting facilities as per master plan and overall FAR is low. Now what if, all the vacant space to be built for religious and cricket/sports feilds is sold to other builders or they use additional FAR themselves to build new towers. Do you think thats a possibility?

    The whole area next to Kube on the opposite side of KBA can easily take one more project.
    I see 3 integrated schools in addition to Jaypee public school, Secondary School and College as per master plan. There is every possibility that this can turn into something else. Atleast 3 Religious Complex and many community facilities complex as per master plan. Whats the guarantee it will stay and come up like this?

    What i mean to say is that if these things go away and make way for more flats/plots/commercials then the charm of Wish Town goes away in a second.


    These are valid points and one has the right to suspect.

    Please note - the current master plan will NOT remain the final master plan - I am 100% certain of it.

    There are however some indirect ways that you can remain positive.

    Firstly - the Gaurs are a very religious family, a sports loving family and education is extremely extremely important to them.

    Secondly - the issue of available FAR. The remianing saleable residential FAR can be sold by making the remaining tracts of land (near JIIT) as high rise towers (which is how their current model is reflected).

    The Sai temple near PC has already been progressed well - so it shows some intent. I think the remaining religious complex will also be built

    The education aspects - schools etc - will also come up - they already have 30-40 schools all over - not for profit - so this is again very important

    The sports aspect has me a little worried too - that might be the easiest temptation to fall into. It may also eat into the atlantis (GN) sales so if they get into serious financial strife - I think these may be the first to go - BUT that is speculation - I hope this doesnt happen. There are 3-4 sports zones and would love to see those remaining there (as an ardent sportsperson myself - it is super important)

    The remaining FAR holds the key - I feel that they will either sell to other builders and give them good FAR to go high or do it themselves. If I were them however, I would sell these as luxury villas or GC plots and make quick money but they are not in any hurry and will do this piece by piece

    Net net - these are valid points but I dont see everything broken up and sold - they could have done it in greater noida also but they didnt
    CommentQuote
  • Dear All,

    In a country like India, every body has the freedom to speak. But, we should avoid discussing political, religion view publically. This is good, that is bad, blah-blah.

    I request all esteemed members to keep away to write on this burning but always disputed issues.

    I also request Admin to come forward and please do something.

    Regards,
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by firstimebuy
    Sports Fields on opposite side of Pavillion and Kensington Boulevard ka koi ata pata nahi hai. Its all barren land available at the mercy of Jaypee. I dont see any reason why they wont sell it off to bring down debt.

    Jaypee Business Hotel Bhi Toh Banana hai (main expressway facing next to krescent). Isnt that more important to Jaypee like the hospital and nirman Sadan.

    Abhi Bahut Bahut Bahut Pain Baaki Hai.


    No Offence Abhinav and Dinesh, You both have got your flats. Everything looks great to you. Think about the thousands of people who dont know whether they will even get their flat or not.

    In gurgaon, there is a property by parsvanath on main Golf Course Road. 10 years gone, some towers still not completed. Now the builder is offering bareshell apartments as he does not have funds. Compensation or reduction in total cost is peanuts compared to the finishing cost that owners will have to bear in this situation. Whats the guarantee Jaypee will not fall down to this?

    Sir, Parsvanath was also the biggest in Delhi/NCR at that time. Waqt badalte der nahi lagti. Gone are the days of Jaypee workmanship under Sir JP Gaur. Agli Pushto ne sab kucch duba diya.


    I have not got my flat in orchards yet and I don't like when rumours with no baseare going around. Parsanath at its prime was not evrn 5 % of jaypee group.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by firstimebuy
    Sports Fields on opposite side of Pavillion and Kensington Boulevard ka koi ata pata nahi hai. Its all barren land available at the mercy of Jaypee. I dont see any reason why they wont sell it off to bring down debt.

    Jaypee Business Hotel Bhi Toh Banana hai (main expressway facing next to krescent). Isnt that more important to Jaypee like the hospital and nirman Sadan.

    Abhi Bahut Bahut Bahut Pain Baaki Hai.

    No Offence Abhinav and Dinesh, You both have got your flats. Everything looks great to you. Think about the thousands of people who dont know whether they will even get their flat or not.

    In gurgaon, there is a property by parsvanath on main Golf Course Road. 10 years gone, some towers still not completed. Now the builder is offering bareshell apartments as he does not have funds. Compensation or reduction in total cost is peanuts compared to the finishing cost that owners will have to bear in this situation. Whats the guarantee Jaypee will not fall down to this?

    Sir, Parsvanath was also the biggest in Delhi/NCR at that time. Waqt badalte der nahi lagti. Gone are the days of Jaypee workmanship under Sir JP Gaur. Agli Pushto ne sab kucch duba diya.


    Sir, you are underestimating the strife and grief which Dinesh/Abhinav etc have gone through in their initial years of making their investment. I am sure they have undergone what people like us are undergoing right now. They had patience and are now all set to reap the benefits of their patience.

    Under construction property is not for the faint hearted in India. I understand that and am willing to put my money where my mouth is but am overall disappointed with JPs performance in WT. I will hold till at least end 2016 and then take a call.
    CommentQuote
  • In life , generally speaking--
    kya hamesha time par ambulance hospital pahuchi---- no
    kya Time par babu office pahuche---- no
    kya hamesha time par tum apne school pahuche---- no
    kya time par tum apne college pahuche---- no
    kya time par tum buyer seller meeting par pahuche---- no
    kya time par train platform pahuchi- no
    kya hamesha time par flight pahuchi-- no
    kya time par salary pahuchi- no
    kya time par emi dee- no
    kya hamesha time par tax diya-- no
    kya time par baraat shadi mein pahuchi - no
    kya time par politician speech dene pahuche--- no
    kya time par girlfriend se milne pahuche - no
    kya time par doosre builder ne property dee--- no
    kya aapne hamesha time par jaypee ko installment dee ---- no
    kya time par obama india se gaya-- no

    doosre builder delay kare to sab chalta hai, par jaypee ne time par flat nahi diya to chodunga nahi... jaypee hai hai, jaypee murdabad...

    seriously ,fight the system and do a self assessment , instead of singling out jaypee.

    Ps- Its quite amusing, the people who are so worried about jaypee on this thread are not even invested in jaypee.
    CommentQuote