What do you guys think about Jaypee Greens Wishtown - NOIDA? Is this a good time to buy? Is Wishtown a good investment?

Cheers! :)
Read more
8001 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by abhinav_2325
    ab aur photo lunga, aur hawa nikalunga, whenever i have time

Bro, Actual site photos dikhana. Dont just send lovely pics of your balcony views. ;D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by firstimebuy
    Dinesh Ji - your arguments have a lot of reasoning behind. Thats why nobody argues or refutes your point of view.

But the way Abhinav just dismisses all critics is not done. Plus his sarcastic remarks - tu sahi hai bhai, tu jeet gaya bhai, Everyone is a rumour monger, Jaypee is best. It doesnt go down well without proofs. He says work is at full speed 24 hours. Since he is so fond of proving everyone wrong, why cant he click some pics to do so. Would love to see photos from projects other than Kalypso, Pavillion and Imperial.

Give Your 'Aakho Dekha Haal' please. Ek baar kensington (park and boulevard), Kristal, Kasablanca dekh ke aao. Im not talking about non golf properties and forget orchards and Kube. Aapki hawa nikal jayegi. You will be forced to swallow your pride and agree that the township is far FAR FAR away from being completed even in next 5 years

Brother - I am also invested in Kasablanca - I know the situation - but I knew it from start and I still took it as I would have plenty of time to pay up - else I couldn't afford it. I do know the status of each and every project

Here is the 'secret' :)

Project Launch - to start of project - (2 Years)
    Completion of structure - (3 Years)
    Finishing - (2 Years)

This is roughly their real time scales +/- 1-1.5 Years

There is no pride - none, I am just happy I am getting roughly what I paid for, a year or two longer than estimated

I just dont like melodrama, and/or false representations, and/or blowing the problem beyond what exists - this is most important to me.

The issue is TIME DELAY and SA increase - for which I wholeheartedly agree - would encourage people to start taking extreme steps like going to consumer court
    CommentQuote
  • Abhinav, will you have access to any of the flats which is undergoing finishing. It will be great if you can show that, will give idea what to expect in coming days. And any update on club completion timeline ground staff is looking at..

Originally Posted by firstimebuy
    Bro, Actual site photos dikhana. Dont just send lovely pics of your balcony views. ;D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nitinitin
    Abhinav lives in wishtown and is proud of his decision of investing and holding in. No one likes when decisions are questioned without basis and worst some of them may not be correct as well. In India we have become too social and do things on forum/whatsapp/facebook and away from reality. I will see some message and act as if I myself have experienced it.. it is a phenomenon which everyone has adopted.. I like what Abhinav posts in his snaps as I have my home in PH, and dream of living it soon. At the same time I will like Abhinav to be neutral in his language and let not his emotions come in play. This sometimes undermine the impact of his statement..

On quality of PC/PH I had earlier posted comments of my bro-in-law who is IES-Civil and constructed SPM swimming stadium. He visited towers when they were in raw finishing stage sometime in 2013. I will put them here for reference:
    1- The plaster he showed me by scratching at many places was hard, and the finish of the walls smooth. He rated it one of the best in private builders
    2- The flooring was in progress and he pointed out water proofing layer in bathroom and even kitchen which again is not seen by other builders
    3- At many places he was able to spot murga-jali used in walls under plaster, which makes it strong not many builders use.
    4- He found some tiles were hollow and should be taken care while we take possession
    5- The internal fittings were of high quality pvc pipes, and for the one planned with geysers had insulation layer over them
    6- The foundations - I guess are pilled ones which not many were using at that point of time despite building in Yamuna bed... Dinesh can write more on this point. I am not technically aware.

There were more which I dont remember today. As Dinesh said what we see in finishing is 5% of value and can be taken care of...but what goes in structure, electrical etc inside of buildings is what determines the building quality in long run..

Nitin - great post - cheers :)

1. For ensuring smooth plaster - lesson learnt from Abhinav - is to have active management - keep visiting your flat and impress on the contractor responsible. The murgi jali is used for POP and if used means better and uniform application - owners must insist on that

2. Before accepting and during your meeting - take a small hammer and (wooden) and ping your tiles - poorly applied tile will have a different sound - again tell the contractor you will not accept any nonsense and at a later stage it is difficult to only redo one tile so he should be careful during each and every tile

3. He should similarly be careful giving the slope for all tiles - you should use a bucket or two of water and check all slopes - in the bathrooms or balconies

4. Great to hear of overall quality of waterproofing and pipes

5. On foundation - Jaypee has used deep piled foundation - which is the one to be used in a seismically sensitive zone near the river bed - these are more expensive. However note these aren't fool proof and may fail - but survivability is better in case of extreme quakes. Not all builders are doing this which is not good

---

Good structure, good lift, good common area, good parking, low density, good views, good approach, good greenery, good facilities, good sunlight, good floor plan, clear land title, clear transfer-ability, etc are what what is ultimately important for which you will have limited control over in the future - one must check these most thoroughly

Rest - interiors etc - are nothing in grand scheme - can easily be rectified. Infact - given up to me - I would encourage builders to start delivering bareshell and for end users to start accepting like that
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Bala2107
    ShauryaJi - personally I feel that there is about to be a lot of shake out in the entire RE sector. Builders will go out of business, some bankrupt, some jailed and a lot of them will consolidate and picked up by PE players. Only planned high-end developments will retain their premium, the rest will all compete with low-cost housing without differentiator and lack of identity.

I think its more than interest rate movement that is needed to stimulate the industry now. Its about instilling a sense of regulation and order in the industry. Buyers have totally lost faith in the system of RE developers. I seriously doubt if there is any other industry where such fraud and unfair dealings are rampant. there is no reliability of land laws in the country. Every land acquisition is hanging fire, even land sold by development authorities are not unencumbered and later courts dissolve the allotment. This is insane amount of uncertainty and anarchy.

Wishtown, I hope will shape up well in the next 5-6 years, provided jaypee as a developer copes up with the storm and doesnt end up a case study for MBA students for what not to do in a business.

I don't think developers with land banks are going anywhere ... All big netas/Industrial houses own lakhs of hectare land around cities is owned by them .... Entire Jajjhar disctrict in Haryana and Navi Mumbai is owned by Reliance .... New land acquisition law will benefit existing landlords as land will become prohibitively expensive/unavailable for development ... middle class will suffer. Jaypee got it land for Rs 50 psm and other builders got land at Rs 10000 psm whose circle rate is Rs 50000 psm .... Under new land acquisition policy similar land will not be available less Rs 200000 psm .... Please tell me at rate new launches will happen and at what rates ?????

Those who get in into RTM properties in 2015-16 will laugh all the way to the bank ... rest will live condemned to live in unauthorised colonies e.g. Badarpur or Sangam Vihar ....

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nitinitin
    Abhinav, will you have access to any of the flats which is undergoing finishing. It will be great if you can show that, will give idea what to expect in coming days. And any update on club completion timeline ground staff is looking at..

I will try bro
    CommentQuote
  • Kisan chalak ho gaye hain. Bahut inflated rate demand karte hain
    CommentQuote
    Kisan chalak ho gaye hain. Bahut inflated rate demand karte hain

aur paisa ped pe lagta hai.
    Mujhe khareedna hai to free mein chahihye. Real estate will crash and bla bla....
    Aur bijli paani to free mein adhikaar se maangtaa hoon. Dilli sarkar jaise de rahi hai...
    Jab paise lene hon to market rate ke naame pe jyada hi chahiye.
    Haan ji sab chalaak ho gaye hein. I agree...
    We are great. we are used to double standards..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dineshsays
    Brother - I am also invested in Kasablanca - I know the situation - but I knew it from start and I still took it as I would have plenty of time to pay up - else I couldn't afford it. I do know the status of each and every project

Here is the 'secret' :)

Project Launch - to start of project - (2 Years)
    Completion of structure - (3 Years)
    Finishing - (2 Years)

This is roughly their real time scales +/- 1-1.5 Years

There is no pride - none, I am just happy I am getting roughly what I paid for, a year or two longer than estimated

I just dont like melodrama, and/or false representations, and/or blowing the problem beyond what exists - this is most important to me.

The issue is TIME DELAY and SA increase - for which I wholeheartedly agree - would encourage people to start taking extreme steps like going to consumer court

fully agree. i have the same reasoning if buying for investment purpose. Infact i prefer buying in Jaypee for same reason, wherein one is getting longer time to pay for bigger options and for better quality in similar price..

And once market improves (whenever) appreciation should come, if not early than at possession..

but it gets painful for who are looking desparately for end use, and always believed since launch that builder will give possession as committed in PAL.
    CommentQuote
    The pavilion court shops are ready and waiting for NGT final notificaiton so that they can be operational.
    Since they are commercial properties they cant be rented without a proper registration/NGT final notification.

I am eagerly waiting for that too.

But the home delievery guys are doing a great job. Sab kuch ghar par hi aa jata hai. so no disaster.

even jaypee maintainece team helps in getting me groceries , they are very willing to do so. no problems with that too.

wishtown aur noida mein asli jaan tab ayegi jab NGT notification ke baad registration chaloo hoga.

NGT notification< more people will move in < final coat of paint in exterior lobby/corridor and common areas will be done only when 50 % people move in< groceries and clubs will get a push to be operational( club work is on at a good pace)

Abhinavji - are they saying that they will do a final re-coat of the handed-over towers once all the construction is over. Because of the on-going construction all around, these towers would tend to get dusty/dirty. IF they do re-coat after the nearby construction is over, it will give a new life/look to the whole project.

Also I heard that parking is very well planned in Kosmos. Is it equally good in PC or better? How is club coming along?
    CommentQuote
  • I am seriously surprised and shocked by the responses/attitude from our fellow buyers/owners in JP WT.

1. JP ne superarea increase kiya hai..... so what all builders are doing the same... infact increase was 16% but JP did a favour to us by only charged 10%....

2. JP ne 3 years me delivery promise ki thi but taking ~ 7 years..... so what other builders are taking decades.... so we are good

3. JP ne 18% interest charge kiya for the delay payment and only adjusting 5/10 Rs psft that too at the time of possession.... so what kuch to mil rah hai, baki builder to vo bhi nahin de rahe.... JP ne resale contract se delay penalty remove kar di... so what we are the 1st allotee...

4. JP specification (at KGT) are really pathetic as compared to brochures/PAL... so what... cement n steel n piling bahut bhadiya ki hai... bahut bada favour kiya hai... baki builders ke towers to construction ke time pe hi gir jaate hain...

5. JP ne existing project me new towers/flats add nahin kiye hain to utilize addition FAR rcvd, but its ok if they transfer that FAR to other Plot.... baki builders to towers bana dete hain....

If this is the attitude then all builders will treat you the same way.....
    Nothing against any builder but as I invested in Jaypee, will fight for my/our rights......
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by t_yash
    I am seriously surprised and shocked by the responses/attitude from our fellow buyers/owners in JP WT.

1. JP ne superarea increase kiya hai..... so what all builders are doing the same... infact increase was 16% but JP did a favour to us by only charged 10%....

2. JP ne 3 years me delivery promise ki thi but taking ~ 7 years..... so what other builders are taking decades.... so we are good

3. JP ne 18% interest charge kiya for the delay payment and only adjusting 5/10 Rs psft that too at the time of possession.... so what kuch to mil rah hai, baki builder to vo bhi nahin de rahe.... JP ne resale contract se delay penalty remove kar di... so what we are the 1st allotee...

4. JP specification (at KGT) are really pathetic as compared to brochures/PAL... so what... cement n steel n piling bahut bhadiya ki hai... bahut bada favour kiya hai... baki builders ke towers to construction ke time pe hi gir jaate hain...

5. JP ne existing project me new towers/flats add nahin kiye hain to utilize addition FAR rcvd, but its ok if they transfer that FAR to other Plot.... baki builders to towers bana dete hain....

Nothing against any builder but as I invested in Jaypee, will fight for my/our rights......

Yash - this assessment is a little unfair - I have only given a comparision vis-a-vis other buyers for context and have mentioned the same in the same paragraph. Immediately afterward I said that - is it then ok for them to do so - certainly not. Please do read the whole write-up. This is more a reflection of the RE industry for which there is no said regulation. Not a justification for JP to have done what it did

And I have no where said that they take 7 years so it is fine - that is a misquote if intended for me. I only said, I knew they were going to do so and it suits me - but for people who are paying EMIs, it is tough and they should go to court - infact, I have asked them to join folks like you in the fight against delay

Again, let me make it clear - JP has screwed up on two things - Late Delivery and Super Area Increase - that is it. I am sorry that they are screwing with the specs on Knight Court - but it hasn't happened on other projects - I have seen Kalypso, Imperial, PC, PH, Augusta, Kalisto, Klassic, Kosmos - specs are as promised. Again it is a regulation issue that builders can give such wishy-washy specifications that can mean anything - for example Italian marble or Foreign tiles or equivalent - what the hell does that mean??

On both aspects - I am happy - nee very happy if people go to National Redressal Consumer Forum (National Consumer Court). They should have gone by now - if they haven't

Point being - everyone here is overtly negative, overtly pessimistic, cries about wrong issues, suggests JP is going to bankrupt and so and so. My issue is only about identifying and articulating the correct issues and acting only on those - within our current context

Rest believe what you will brother.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ThePunjabi
    Wish these builders had more customers like you.

Finishing quality is not good. No problem. Just spend 5 lakh and get the finishing redone on your own. 5 lacs is peanuts in the bigger scheme of things. People say this like money grows on trees.

A typical B.Tech. degree holder who is having 10 years of experience working for a company like TCS/HCL/Infy will work for 5 months to earn Rs 5 lacs as salary post TDS. Why? because builder failed to meet his commitments.

If an end user who has bought in kosmos is so rich that spending 2-3 lacs on redoing the finishing and another 2-3 lacs on super area increase is nothing for him them why was he buying a 850 sq ft flat at under 3000 psf in first place?

It is so often stated on this forum not only in context of JP but for other builders also. Doors in ATS OH are not good? That is no issue. Just get the doors changed and you are all set. Windows in Unitech's flats are not good? Just get the windows of your new flat replaced. Incident of balcony falling from Unitech's brand new flat happened? No problem. Just don't put any load on balconies....

You have mis-read both the quote and the intent and are perversely turning it around and comparing what I am saying to a jerk who is telling you not to stand on a balcony. Thanks!!

When I said spend 3-4 Lakhs - I said it is enough to turn-it-around - i.e. redo per your needs/choices. Minor plaster re-work (which the gentleman was complaining off - will not even cost a 10th of that) - and this was only said to a guy who has bought in PC who is significantly better off than someone in Kosmos.

It is really great to see and hear of people having 0 tolerance - it really is. I guess life has taught me to be slightly more pragmatic.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Bala2107
    Abhinavji - are they saying that they will do a final re-coat of the handed-over towers once all the construction is over. Because of the on-going construction all around, these towers would tend to get dusty/dirty. IF they do re-coat after the nearby construction is over, it will give a new life/look to the whole project.

Also I heard that parking is very well planned in Kosmos. Is it equally good in PC or better? How is club coming along?

what they are saying is that once around 50 % + residents move in to a certain project, they will do the final coat.
    Please note that final coat is on hold in pavilion court.
    Additionally, the final coat in the common areas, final cleaning and polishing of floors/lifts etc is strategically on hold.
    Club work is on, i will try to take pics soon.
    cheers!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by t_yash
    I am seriously surprised and shocked by the responses/attitude from our fellow buyers/owners in JP WT.

In the current era of india, generally speaking,
    jis tarah se shareef log kabhi kabhi red light jump karte hain, aur 90% log hamesha karte hain, jis tarah se shareef log kabhi kabhi road bina zebra ke cross karte hain,aur 90% log hamesha karte hain, use prakar se jaypee bhee thoda thoda gande builderon ki nakal karta hai, par aur builder to 90% dokhebaji karrte hain.

the problem is in the system. we must fight with all the builders including jaypee and not just jaypee.
    jaypee is at least accused of less crimes and their style of unfair practices is at least not a day light robbery like the others. From indian standards they are in a category of shareef builders just like most of us are in a category of shareef log.
    most of us who are on iref , if we were to become developers tomorrow, most of us would end up doing even worse.
    jisko mauka milta hai, vo chauka marta hai.

but since you are a zero tolerance man( who possibly never breaks any law/traffic rules/pay tax on time etc.), as dinesh have suggested. i wish you all the best in your fight.
    i am kind of more realistic.

dheere dheere desh sudhara hai, aur sudhrega.
    Be the change that you want to see in others- gandhi
    CommentQuote