What do you guys think about Jaypee Greens Wishtown - NOIDA? Is this a good time to buy? Is Wishtown a good investment?

Cheers! :)
Read more
8001 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • How can you say that JP would deliver in 10 years? If they would then it would be done in next couple of years otherwise wait could be really long.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by djvjain
    How can you say that JP would deliver in 10 years? If they would then it would be done in next couple of years otherwise wait could be really long.

Plots already delivered.

A 10 year hold for investment and construction after 2 years if for end use.

You can construct a stilt parking on paper but make it a large hall with sliding doors to get really massive FAR as I had posted in plot thread. People have done this and its great. Unless you want BMW, you can use Nano, park outside and get a nice huge hall on ground floor.

Very attractive price currently. Investment is worth it. I had suggested entry in kensington plot just few months ago.

In 2 years the look of vishtown will change back to wishtown.

Dont sell unless desperate to construct immediately. I suggest 2 year wait then decide. Prices currently bottomed. If selling you will get much better price in 2 years. It will take another 2 years to finish construction. In 4 years area will be liveable.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Venkytalks
    Plots already delivered.

A 10 year hold for investment and construction after 2 years if for end use.

You can construct a stilt parking on paper but make it a large hall with sliding doors to get really massive FAR as I had posted in plot thread. People have done this and its great. Unless you want BMW, you can use Nano, park outside and get a nice huge hall on ground floor.

Very attractive price currently. Investment is worth it. I had suggested entry in kensington plot just few months ago.

In 2 years the look of vishtown will change back to wishtown.

Dont sell unless desperate to construct immediately. I suggest 2 year wait then decide. Prices currently bottomed. If selling you will get much better price in 2 years. It will take another 2 years to finish construction. In 4 years area will be liveable.

Thanks for optimism, I purchased plot to live. Will wait for few more years. Hope it does not become a ghost town like Greater Noida sectors where people made small shacks for getting Naksha passed.
    Do you think Jaypee will hold on to its real estate business?
    Thanks
    V
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by victor43
    Thanks for optimism, I purchased plot to live. Will wait for few more years. Hope it does not become a ghost town like Greater Noida sectors where people made small shacks for getting Naksha passed.
    Thanks
    V

1. You hold a PLOT.....Supply of which is now ALMOST ZERO

2. You donot have to rely on contruction on Jaypee...once he gives possession of plot...u can make ur own house. Giveing possession of plots is EASIEST for a builder.

3. Greater Noida is a ghost town....why ???
    - Why did YOU buy in Noida and not in Gnoida...i am sure at the rate u entered in jayppe plot...you would have got double the size in Pari chowk. But u didnt buy...WHY ???

- Do you see the same reasons effecting Noida expressway ????
    NO

You may have answered your question yourself by now...

4. Donot expect Jaypee to complete wishtown in next 10 years.....its a huge project and jaypee is traditionally the slowest builder in the region and now is under massive debt

5. Majority Buyers in Jaypee Plots are INVESTORS (I was ex broker from jaypee so i know for sure)....so dont expect villas and row houses coming up soon.
    It will take time.......In my opinion....in next 10 years...you will find decent occupancy

If you are expecting good occupancy and many houses within next 3-4 years then you have to change your throughts

6. You are owner of plot so even if jaype sells to Supertech :)...it wont matter much to you
    as you control the construction of ur house

7. My OPinion........
    If you are in urgent Need of making and living...then EXIT....and buy a plot somehwere else....NEVER EVER SELL A PLOT AND BUY A FLAT.....NEVER EVER DO THAT....NEVER

If you are willing to be waiting easily from next 5 years MINIMUM before planning to live.....then hold on....

8. Be prepared to give High maintenace charges and if thats not suitable for you in long run then sell and buy plot in sector 100. 105, etc.......

Enjoy
    CommentQuote
    Thanks
    V

I think Jaypee will be forced to sell everything except their real estate business. Because maximum profit is in their land holdings. Cement is a commodity. Power and roads they have burnt their fingers.

Jaypee has massive land bank and they can make billions of dollars enough for next 7 generations based only on their existing landbank.

Manoj Gaur has made a mess of things. Now 84 year old JP Gaur knows that his children and grandchildren are useless. If I had been in Manoj Gaur shoes, I would have sold aggressively in 2008 and by now would have been back in the black. But Manoj Gaur kept holding on (much as people hold on to losing shares and flats). He has made a fool of himself with his useless expressway and useless F1.

The only good thing in all this is the real estate they hold. Itself worth 50,000 crores in current prices, much more in years to come. Any sensible person would sell all other businesses to clear off debt and sit tight on this 10 billion dollars worth of land.

But if Manoj Gaur has his way - probably will mess it up and sell the land. When he has made every rookie mistake - why not one more?

Idiot.

Anyway, JP Gaur is sensible. He will ensure that Wishtown is a superb place - dont worry. It is likely to become the best place in NCR to live in, but after 10 years. Schools hospitals, colleges, workplace - all within 2 Km - what more do you want? Delhi airport just 45 minutes drive if empty road (much more with traffic - but that can affect South Delhi also)

Once structure of Kensington apartments and Garden Isles is ready, you will see many Kensington plots starting construction. Already 5 or 6 have constructed. Do not expect more than 20% to construct in next few years - since all rest are investors
    CommentQuote
    Thanks
    V

Don't forget the history of plotted sectors in NCR. Take a look at DLF gurgaon plotted sectors, south city, Sushant Lok, Malibu Towne (sohna road), most sector of Noida authority and even Rohini...all of them took 15-25 years after allotment to get reasonable habitation and before social infra like malls etc. became available. Some 15-25 year old sectors in gurgaon, faridabad and rohini are not livable even today. Water, electricity and/or proper roads are not in place there.

Point is that plots in new colonies are meant for those who can wait for 15-20 years or even more.

You have waited for like 5 years now. Wait for 5 more years for good enough number of flats in the vicinity to be ready and occupied then construct your house. Until then sit tight.
    CommentQuote
    I think Jaypee will be forced to sell everything except their real estate business. Because maximum profit is in their land holdings. Cement is a commodity. Power and roads they have burnt their fingers.

Jaypee has massive land bank and they can make billions of dollars enough for next 7 generations based only on their existing landbank.

Manoj Gaur has made a mess of things. Now 84 year old JP Gaur knows that his children and grandchildren are useless. If I had been in Manoj Gaur shoes, I would have sold aggressively in 2008 and by now would have been back in the black. But Manoj Gaur kept holding on (much as people hold on to losing shares and flats). He has made a fool of himself with his useless expressway and useless F1.

The only good thing in all this is the real estate they hold. Itself worth 50,000 crores in current prices, much more in years to come. Any sensible person would sell all other businesses to clear off debt and sit tight on this 10 billion dollars worth of land.

But if Manoj Gaur has his way - probably will mess it up and sell the land. When he has made every rookie mistake - why not one more?

Idiot.

Anyway, JP Gaur is sensible. He will ensure that Wishtown is a superb place - dont worry. It is likely to become the best place in NCR to live in, but after 10 years. Schools hospitals, colleges, workplace - all within 2 Km - what more do you want? Delhi airport just 45 minutes drive if empty road (much more with traffic - but that can affect South Delhi also)

Once structure of Kensington apartments and Garden Isles is ready, you will see many Kensington plots starting construction. Already 5 or 6 have constructed. Do not expect more than 20% to construct in next few years - since all rest are investors

Thanks , fantastic analysis! This makes me comfortable!
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Venky Jaypee got these land parcels in lieu of making the ~useless expressway
    CommentQuote
  • JP gaur visited my klassic tower last week and we met him and told the quality issues , he said structure is superb no need to worry and he is now aware of quality issues in finishing and he himself looking in to it and he had made a dedicated team to look in to this and gave the number of people and asked us to check with them and issues are not resolved .I dropped a mail yesterday and within few hours all the guys were on work and they are fixing the issues in my flat and in general also they are filling the quality gaps which were pointed out by residents immediately so there is positive moment atleast on this front .he also instructed vp's to finish klassic and kosmos cluster max by dec 16 with zero construction further after 16 .

second about wishtown , yesterday i was in sunshine helios and its superb project in terms of look and may be finishing also but whole 7X area looked like cramped jungle and once i came out of that place and entered near LB fresh breadth and crampness feeling gone , wishtown is also full of flats its jungle but some how it does not give that bad feeling even in kosmos which people bash about so wishtown is going to one of the best place for sur ein coming future may be taking more time than expected but ultimately coming up very nicely
    CommentQuote
  • Mahoba ji...
    wat r d procedures of water n EB connections---- from authority or JP itself... if thru authority than how u manage to get it done as CC is not in place........... or by JP than wat r the charges?

& wat abt broadband & gas-line services there...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mahoba
    JP gaur visited my klassic tower last week and we met him and told the quality issues , he said structure is superb no need to worry and he is now aware of quality issues in finishing and he himself looking in to it and he had made a dedicated team to look in to this and gave the number of people and asked us to check with them and issues are not resolved .I dropped a mail yesterday and within few hours all the guys were on work and they are fixing the issues in my flat and in general also they are filling the quality gaps which were pointed out by residents immediately so there is positive moment atleast on this front .he also instructed vp's to finish klassic and kosmos cluster max by dec 16 with zero construction further after 16 .

Mohoba, could you raise the issue of ongoing constructions in Klassic & Kosmos; which will make the life miserable for those who are shifting to Klassic / Kosmos.

How serious was Mr JP Gaur when he asked the VP's to finish everything by 2016? If he really meant it & if the VP's really took it seriously; its good.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Rustam123
    Mahoba ji...
    wat r d procedures of water n EB connections---- from authority or JP itself... if thru authority than how u manage to get it done as CC is not in place........... or by JP than wat r the charges?

& wat abt broadband & gas-line services there...

water and electricity connection is done after you make full payment and take the keys automatically there is nothing you need to do really , only meter charges one time some ~11k need to be paid during final payment
    gas connection will be done after CC but indane and bharat deliver at flat so no issue , i kept provision of cylinder in kitchen for time being , broadband available though pbs company at 1200 per month for 1 mbps unlimited or 2000 for 5 mbps unlimited
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sahil092012
    Mohoba, could you raise the issue of ongoing constructions in Klassic & Kosmos; which will make the life miserable for those who are shifting to Klassic / Kosmos.

How serious was Mr JP Gaur when he asked the VP's to finish everything by 2016? If he really meant it & if the VP's really took it seriously; its good.

i think he really meant is work is going on slow but steady and it should be acheivable by 2016 end at current pace , duplex tower in klassic are major lag but i see plaster work in remaining 2 tower gettting done now so all towers to come on finishing stage in this quarter only
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sahil092012

An 84 year old multi billionaire is personally involved in Jaypee Wishtown resident complaints.

a. You should not worry if would people listen or not

b. Ultimate end result will be good

c. I just cant imagine Kushal Pal Singh listening to complaints of DLF customers personally.

d. Catastrophic failure of Jaypee management, the Gaur progeny and all managers - that the CEO has to personally intervene to see that things get done.

You should sell all Jaypee shares and never ever invest in such a pathetic company - once the old man is gone, there will only be chaff left.
    CommentQuote
    An 84 year old multi billionaire is personally involved in Jaypee Wishtown resident complaints.
    a. You should not worry if would people listen or not
    b. Ultimate end result will be good
    d. Catastrophic failure of Jaypee management, the Gaur progeny and all managers - that the CEO has to personally intervene to see that things get done..

Fully agree Venky. Its really shame on these junior gaurs Sachin Gaur, Manoj Gaur etc. Their 84 years father; who built this huge empire; has to come to see whether the tiles are ok, the pipelines are ok, the plastering is ok , the paint is ok...etc etc....

Mr JP Gaur is seeing the empire falling down & down day by day; just because of some very basic idiotic blunders by his useless sons.

Even if they put some serious efforts with right intentions today onwards, in next 6 to 8 months Jaypee Wishtown could turn into a feather on their cap. But they don;t intent to be serious.
    CommentQuote