What do you guys think about Jaypee Greens Wishtown - NOIDA? Is this a good time to buy? Is Wishtown a good investment?

Cheers! :)
Read more
8001 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by t_yash
    Thanks... 100+ members of KnightsCourt owners and 50+ took legal route...

9th May 11:00 AM. Pls PM me your number...

I believe they only let you PM after 10 posts it doesn't look I am eligible so far . If you could PM me your email I could send my number. Thanks for your help!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dineshsays
    I agree with both ur points Poddar bhai. Completely!

Dineshbhai are you planing a trip to WT anytime soon? Haven't heard any updates from you lately. Things must be grim.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Imperialnoid
    Dineshbhai are you planing a trip to WT anytime soon? Haven't heard any updates from you lately. Things must be grim.

Hi Bro - no I am in Goa for quite a few days. I am soon getting possession of my studio so getting furniture and doing some changeups in tiling/ fittings etc

Its probably been about 45 days since I last went to WT. I think my tower in Kalypso should be round the corner so not too worried there. Similar with IT2 which I think they will announce in a few months.

I saw the photo updates - looks like they hv slowed up again.

Probably need to learn from Yash how to file in consumer court for my Kasablanca unit. But will hv to wait till the overall time passes.

The fact that WT is still asset plus for Jaypee is something I am certain of. So how they progress one has to see. Hopefully sale proceeds from last years sales should start trickling in now.

Lets see

More concerned now on NGT
    CommentQuote
  • A delegation of the Core Group has met Rahul Gandhi today... regarding our rights... lets see what comes out of this. Seems like RERA has been diluted in the proposed bill which will now be raised by the opposition.
    CommentQuote
  • Dinesh bhai, what was your original possession date?? I want to understand what the delay truly is!!
    CommentQuote
  • Good one Aviral.

Poddarbhai - I bought (If I remember correctly) - in April 2010. In the PAL they said 3 years + 6 months. Which would make it November 2013. Now we are in May 2015. So delay is about 18 months as per PAL.

Of course people started booking in 2008 so add delay accordingly.

Actually Kalypso/Imperial hv been the worst in JP in terms of delay. PC/PH hv been better so have plots, Kosmos/Klassic etc
    CommentQuote
    Hi Bro - no I am in Goa for quite a few days. I am soon getting possession of my studio so getting furniture and doing some changeups in tiling/ fittings etc

Its probably been about 45 days since I last went to WT. I think my tower in Kalypso should be round the corner so not too worried there. Similar with IT2 which I think they will announce in a few months.

I saw the photo updates - looks like they hv slowed up again.

Probably need to learn from Yash how to file in consumer court for my Kasablanca unit. But will hv to wait till the overall time passes.

The fact that WT is still asset plus for Jaypee is something I am certain of. So how they progress one has to see. Hopefully sale proceeds from last years sales should start trickling in now.

Lets see

More concerned now on NGT

Dinesh bro, what is going wrong in Kasablanca. I guess delay is making you to think about filing case in consumer forum?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Quest2012
    Dinesh bro, what is going wrong in Kasablanca. I guess delay is making you to think about filing case in consumer forum?

Yes - I will have to. Unfortunately buggers took 48 months in case of KB. No way they are going to match that.

But as far as I understand to put in a case in consumer court they hv to first not deliver in that time.

Ill soon weigh my options and get clarity.

Only thing is now I hv to pay once on 16th floor and about 40% after they offer possession. So its completely CLP from hereon

But I hv paid quite a bit already as far as the TLP part of the CLP/TLP hybrid plan I took up.
    CommentQuote
    Yes - I will have to. Unfortunately buggers took 48 months in case of KB. No way they are going to match that.

But as far as I understand to put in a case in consumer court they hv to first not deliver in that time.

Only thing is now I hv to pay once on 16th floor and about 40% after they offer possession. So its completely CLP from hereon

But I hv paid quite a bit already as far as the TLP part of the CLP/TLP hybrid plan I took up.

I think you are right. Case in consumer court goes strong once delayed significantly from PAL/allotment letter possession date
    CommentQuote

As far as case is concerned, I BELIEVE as long as the promised date is beyond the PAL DATE it qualifies for a NCDRC.
    CommentQuote
  • So in effect an email from Jaypee confirming date to be beyond what is promised in PAL is enough?

On the subject Aviral - I had heard - if you hv more than one house in same complex (In this case I hv 2 - Kalypso/KB) - if I complaint then consumer court would declare me an investor not a consumer and not entertain my case - any truth in that?
    CommentQuote
  • Investor money also need security
    CommentQuote
  • True but this is 'consumer' court.
    CommentQuote
    Good one Aviral.

Poddarbhai - I bought (If I remember correctly) - in April 2010. In the PAL they said 3 years + 6 months. Which would make it November 2013. Now we are in May 2015. So delay is about 18 months as per PAL.

Of course people started booking in 2008 so add delay accordingly.

Actually Kalypso/Imperial hv been the worst in JP in terms of delay. PC/PH hv been better so have plots, Kosmos/Klassic etc

18 months or even 24 to 30 months is not too bad. Orchards was my 6th under construction investment. None have been handed over without a delay of at least 24 months. I have invested in lodha 2 projects, couple of small builders in bby , aman and then OC. Same story everywhere.
    CommentQuote
  • NOIDA: It took a long legal battle, one of the most discussed in recent times, to secure the perimeters of the Okhla Bird Sanctuary. But now that the government has agreed to ringfence the park with a no-construction zone, is its fragile ecology now adequately protected?

Going strictly by the wisdom of the draft eco-sensitive zone - a 100-metre radius on the western, southern and eastern sides of the park and 1.27km on the northern side - it is. If the courts, environmentalists and administrators are convinced that frenetic real estate activity beyond this radius is not antithetical to an avian refuge, then it must be so.

But as the spotlight stayed on external threats to the Okhla park - real estate and pollution, primarily - the internal problems that birdwatchers have been speaking of for years festered in the shadows. To understand what these problems are, TOI toured the sanctuary on different days in April. This is what we found.

Shorter migratory season: A thriving habitat for flamingos, sarus, pochards and several migratory species, Okhla wasn't its chirpy self this April as many of its avian visitors had left despite a shy summer. The annual repair work of the barrage's sluice gates was on even in late April, though it was scheduled to be completed by April 15.

Birders claim this prolonged repair work, which has a direct effect on the park's ecosystem as it dries up the reservoir.

According to bird watchers, migratory varieties that left early were the Northern Shoveler, Bar-headed Geese, Graylag Geese, Common Pochard, Common Teal, Garganey and Eurasian Wigeon. Resident birds, too, left the sanctuary earlier than usual. The Oriental Darter, Black-crowned Night Heron, Little Cormorant, Common Moorhen, Marsh Harrier and Little Grebe were among those to seek refuge elsewhere.

There were others birds that stayed back but did not breed, like the Purple Swamphen, Grey Heron, Purple Heron, Black-winged Stilt, Spot-billed Duck and the White-breasted Waterhen.

District forest officer KK Singh said, "The irrigation department started the repairs late, only by March end. It takes them a month to finish it. Repair of barrage sluice gates is an annual feature in India. We can't do anything to prevent it."

P Rao, the joint engineer for Agra Canal, which originates in Okhla, blamed the delayed repair work on unseasonal rain. "The Yamuna water level was too high for us to conduct the repair work earlier," he said.

Noise pollution: Owing to its location, wedged between two populous cities with vehicles continuously crisscrossing the Yamuna bridges, the Okhla park isn't exactly the birder's paradise where the silence is punctuated by chirps and tweets. There is always background noise here.

There is no respite from honking cars all year. During festivals or the holiday season, noise pollution increases manifold as footfall at the sanctuary increases.

During one of the visits, this correspondent came across a group loudly talking among itself, their chatter and bursts of laughter audible from a fair distance away. If this wasn't ideal behaviour in a bird sanctuary, the park's caretakers didn't reproach them either.

In the monsoon months, kanwariyas throng the sanctuary, often playing loud music.

During Chhat puja, devotees gather near the water body inside to offer prayers. "Noise pollution within the sanctuary needs to be stopped. It's a major factor behind scaring birds away," says T K Roy, an ecologist.

A crematorium in the park: Deeper inside the sanctuary, a fully functional crematorium exists within its premises, next to the water body. This is highly polluting as bodies are cremated traditionally. "There is a need to separate the entrance to the crematorium so that mourners do not spill over into the sanctuary area," a senior forest department official says.

Cattle invasion: Visitors often complain that cattle and buffalos are regularly brought to the sanctuary by local residents for bathing or wallowing. This affects the nests and breeding habits of a number of birds that like shallow waters. Some nests also get damaged but the park's management hasn't taken preventive measures.

Concrete road: A 2.5-km-long road, built in 2005, cuts through the sanctuary. Concrete is not only environmentally polluting, it also kills a lot of food sources for birds.

"A concrete road within a sanctuary is unheard of, yet it exists here," Roy says. The road can be used by vehicles that enter from the Delhi side of the park to go to Noida.

"The forest department should carry out a study to see how each of these violations are affecting the habitat of this very special sanctuary in %the heart of NCR. If the sanctuary is not taken care of from within and domestic and migratory birds are not protected, then we may move court to see that all rules and regulations are enforced," says Gaurav Bansal, an environmental lawyer.
    CommentQuote