What do you guys think about Jaypee Greens Wishtown - NOIDA? Is this a good time to buy? Is Wishtown a good investment?

Cheers! :)
Read more
Reply
7936 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • The sevegae next to Tgb stinks
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Dineshbhai

    Really surprsing.

    I did not get any letter from Jaypee.

    any updates on Kalypso 15?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Venkytalks
    I did a round of the entire project.

    GC side was looking good. But not as good as Greater NOIDA. Lots of people moving into PC and PH. Roads were HUGE. Very wide and smooth.

    Overall ambience after all projects complete will become very good.

    Guards were really dumb.

    Garden Isles have come up very fast.

    Klassic and Kosmos looked very deserted compared to PH PC. People may not want to live in present conditions because 70 unfinished towers nearby makes it seem unlivable unless desperate.

    Towers 79 and 80 have finished structure. But possibly the contractor has stopped work. 79A and B not yet structure ready.

    GC side already seems livable.

    Kosmos Klassic will take another year before decently livable.

    Hi,
    When do you think wishtown will be fully inhabited? Will it be like 2020?
    Thanks
    V
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by victor43
    Hi,
    When do you think wishtown will be fully inhabited? Will it be like 2020?
    Thanks
    V

    Yes. 2020 or maybe 2022.

    There is a good chance of the company selling off to some other company and the name itself might be changed.

    Seems like lot of staff laid off. That usually indicates selling company or promoter stake sale to fresh management.

    With this real estate bear market Jaypee is better off keeping cement and contractors business and selling off power and real estate.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Venkytalks
    Yes. 2020 or maybe 2022.

    There is a good chance of the company selling off to some other company and the name itself might be changed.

    Seems like lot of staff laid off. That usually indicates selling company or promoter stake sale to fresh management.

    With this real estate bear market Jaypee is better off keeping cement and contractors business and selling off power and real estate.


    Looks like Manoj Gaur thinks otherwise. He seems to see money in service sector. Quote from his interview in feb 2015:

    "We will consolidate and Jaypee will stay in cement, hydro and thermal power, and be a significant player in health care, hotels and real estate."


    Manoj Gaur faces uphill task in reducing Jaypee's debt - Business Today
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by deser7rose
    Looks like Manoj Gaur thinks otherwise. He seems to see money in service sector. Quote from his interview in feb 2015:



    Manoj Gaur faces uphill task in reducing Jaypee's debt - Business Today

    Thinking otherwise is what got Manoj Gaur into present state of default.

    In 2010 he could have easily extricated himself.

    He has endangered his billionaire family's entire wealth by thinking otherwise.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Venkytalks
    Yes. 2020 or maybe 2022.

    There is a good chance of the company selling off to some other company and the name itself might be changed.

    Seems like lot of staff laid off. That usually indicates selling company or promoter stake sale to fresh management.

    With this real estate bear market Jaypee is better off keeping cement and contractors business and selling off power and real estate.


    I am not sure if this will be a good or bad development. Jaypee had a vision, will new buyers continue same way or start milking customers by launching new towers and buildings in open spaces? After all new owners will also need to make money. Why would new guys agree to take Jaypee mess if they cant make new buildings and homes?

    Assuming new guys take over; will it good or bad for township?

    Your posts replies are always well analysed and to the point.

    regards

    V
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by victor43
    I am not sure if this will be a good or bad development. Jaypee had a vision, will new buyers continue same way or start milking customers by launching new towers and buildings in open spaces? After all new owners will also need to make money. Why would new guys agree to take Jaypee mess if they cant make new buildings and homes?

    Assuming new guys take over; will it good or bad for township?

    Your posts replies are always well analysed and to the point.

    regards

    V

    If big business group like Birla Tata Godrej, Oberai, Bharti or Mahindra buy - and they have the money to buy right now - then its great.

    Selling piecemeal will be bad. But small timers dont have the money to buy and are in same mess as Jaypee. Other big real estate players like DLF Lodha etc are in a mess and cannot buy.

    On the whole selling will be good. More likely they will try for angel investor and retain Jaypee name.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi all,

    Last weekend I went for Lunch with a friend of mine in Boomrang,Jaypee Greens, Greater Noida.

    We also took a round of complex and my observations are as follows:

    1. Jaypee Greens, Greater Noida almost looks deserted. Even though it was Sunday, I hardly saw any resident. I will assume not even 100 families live in all apartments and villas.
    2. Market place- No shops open. even though its a very nice shopping building, not a single store is open.
    3. Delcourt restaurant: they had a restaurant on first floor of market place which is now closed.
    4. Central park in land-1 behind villas. Benches had rust and broken, grass not cut regularly.
    5. Lots of shrubs and wildgrass growth all over. When I asked one supervisor type of jaypee maintenance guy he said that when residents move in we will maintain. Thats a funny argument because jaypee charges maintenance even from people who are not staying! Overall maintenance looked sloppy. It did not look as good as earlier.
    6.Lots of laborers were moving freely even in villa area.
    7. Maintenance is steep in jaypee. A friend who has 500 yards villa is paying Rs 20,000 maintenance even though he is not staying. Electricity is Rs 18.50 per unit!
    8. Entrance to nature park lake was closed, is it only for Gaur family? As they have private residences close to nature park.

    I always used to find Jaypee Greater Noida inspiring but this time it looked quite sad!

    I will like to know from Venky and other knowledgeable guys here wheathe jaypee has lost interest in real estate business? Will similar happen to wishtown noida??

    Thanks

    V
    CommentQuote
  • All those especially pavilion court owners who are sitting and not taking possession should do so asap before they realize that won't be possible any longer esp if the contractor decides not to allow due to payments due by jp.
    CommentQuote
  • By this logic what stops the contractor from harassing the residents later. In view of the uncertainty it is better to wait out for the dust to settele
    CommentQuote
  • Once u register u own legally
    CommentQuote
  • Current offer is for fitout only, so technically still owned by JP
    CommentQuote
  • PC few towers at least have OC and you can register , not sure about all the towers
    CommentQuote
  • In all cases if u have been offered possession take it before u realize it is too late esp if banks stray taking charge
    CommentQuote