What do you guys think about Jaypee Greens Wishtown - NOIDA? Is this a good time to buy? Is Wishtown a good investment?

Cheers! :)
Read more
8001 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by realguru
    Do you think Klassic/Kosmos has a better location as compared to LB.
    To me, anything on that side of expressway has a worse location than
    Sector-100, 107 and 110 etc which are on opposite side.

Also, being part of a big township is an advantage if Wishtown's facilities
    are anything similar to JP Greater Noida. Here, you have 20000 flats and the construction is going to go on for ever and people fear that it takes a very brave person to predict that Wishtown will not come to periodic halts due to several political and economical reasons .

And also, I think you should compare JP's rates with other poorer locations like 7X . Even they are quoting higher than Klassic/Kosmos. Prateek's project is quoting higher than JP and that project is in Sec-120.

So, its just that right now people dont have enough faith in JP and till now JP has done everything possible to make people believe so.

For JP this should be the tagline "If you book today, its for your children. If you book tomorrow, its for your grandchildren."

Till now JP has not delivered any single tower . Tomorrow if a sadakchaap builder comes at a sadakchaap location, still people will want to try that as they already know whats the story with JP.

Originally Posted by dineshsays
    Raman Bhai - agree with this partially. See in
    Why is it that LB is on a premium over Klassic/Kosmos - its not as if the end products are vastly different, infact if anything - Klassic/Kosmos have an advantage of Location and being part of a township

Let me get this right, per you:

- ANYTHING on this side of the expressway is worse of than 100, 107 etc.
    - WT prices should be compared to with 7x sectors
    - Benefits of a township are there only if it is a GN like property
    - ANY sadakchap builder will outsell Jaypee

Lets just agree to disagree bro - I think you have very strong views against Jaypee and are sold against it.

The very best to you for your RE purchases

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dineshsays
    Raman Bhai - agree with this partially. See in Noida (especially the expressway and other developing zones) - price movement is done a lot on speculation - on what may be (as 80% is UC currently)

Why is it that LB is on a premium over Klassic/Kosmos - its not as if the end products are vastly different, infact if anything - Klassic/Kosmos have an advantage of Location and being part of a township

The reason is simple - LB has constructed faster and it will be RTM faster while Klassic/Kosmos will take some time to be properly inhabited. Further the risk with such a huge township and the underlying fear is greater because so many MORE things can go wrong here vis-a-vis an LB kind of project

Therefore currently Kosmos is at 3400 and LB is at 4800 (roughly)

Now fast forward in the future say 2-3 years. Now its not speculative any more, its in front of your eyes - if both provide comparable construction quality and Jaypee additionally provides a better living experience vide being a township (with a multitude of features) and because of a slightly better locational advantage, tell me why would I pay a premium to LB anymore? Its just not logical - I am getting a fruit there and a slightly juicier fruit here - I'll probably pay more for the juicier fruit if not atleast the same

Well what should happen then WRT price - either LB will come down or Kosmos will go up or both will come down (because of oversupply) or may go up because of some mass/rapid urbanization in the region - not sure how the price will go - but what is straightforward is that the DIFFERENCE in price will come down

So the point I am trying to convey is - in the future, it will be less about Jaypee having more or less supply, it will be much more on how various projects that are differently priced currently owing to speculative projections on completion timelines etc will start to equalize in terms of price based the category of the unit and the demand/supply of that category type within this area. What is visually there will control pricing rather than speculation

Like you rightly said - niche products should rise faster and products with supply overhang will rise slower but would still equalize within the builders/projects of the general area (provided other aspects are generally the same and not fundamentally different)

Dinesh bhai agree to ur hypothesis, but even if that happens(say kosmos to 4.5k on possession), there still will remain huge value in JP projects for quite sometime...like a laggard kosmos towers still available at 3.5k, a laggard KB or may be kasa isles still available at 4k... or a kube still available at 5k...some might have value for excellent location, some for excellent plan and some for excellent ventillation/sun etc etc...

The real question would then be how many new end users/investors can absorb these units...

JP as a Value buy will remain for long even though some people will start making money

I guess the difference would be:
    1) There would be some people who would have made money in those budget units(as of now most people have made money in very exclusive units/plots)
    2) JP would have delivered something and people could see the difference of living in an integrated township or atleast something delivered
    CommentQuote
  • Common Sense - Which out of these can be denied

1. Location of Japyee wish town, even Golf or Non golf is better then most Noida sector, far better then 7x, 143, 120, 119 etc, and slightly better than 100, 107, 137 !!

2. Quality of construction of Jaypee is better then most builders if not same.

3. Might be delayed, Jaypee will deliver the product so safer than most builders !!

4. Jaypee ki aukaat hae ... charge less interest , very reasonable transfer charges, very stringent processes so safe..

5. Have not artificial jacked up the prices so prices in fresh and resale is not exuberantly different ... not like a difference of 1000 rs psqt

so in my views, Jaypee is one of the safest investments in NCR rite now ... you will surely get 15-20 % returns ... you might make more with some other builders.. but if you compare something like KBA/KPA/Isles which is selling for price equivalent to projects in shady sectors like 119, 143, 120 etc and most crap builders like amarpali, supertech etc... thats a S T E A L ...... its jaypee don;t pay hefty margins to brokers so no1 hard sells it like the projects for supertech, gulshan, amaeplai and or pata nahin kon kon ... U pick projects from these builders from last 5 years and compare with jaypee and see who has delayed more :)

good luck guys who is buying projects with these builders coz of lucrative pre launch discounts :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Bobbydel
    For many people jaypee will still take yrs to deliver, they just say jaypee, no, too slow construction. Despite excellent construction quality jp has spoiled its name due to slow progress and too big inventories.

If ats village sells at 11000 Rs psf its a shame that pebble beach sells also at 11000 rs psf. If you compare productwise pebble shd cost double as compared to ats and hopefully it will happen some day but that day remains bit far due to slow work speed by jp.

Kosmos etc...have too big inventories and i doubt if it will fetch above 4 k on posession, i am bullish on golf side projects but have my doubts for mass products like kosmos garden isles etc...they will take a lot of time to get constructed n completely occupied.

Bobbydel - no fair to compare RTM project with UC project.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by asingla
    so in my views, Jaypee is one of the safest investments in NCR rite now ... you will surely get 15-20 % returns ... you might make more with some other builders.. but if you compare something like KBA/KPA/Isles which is selling for price equivalent to projects in shady sectors like 119, 143, 120 etc and most crap builders like amarpali, supertech etc... thats a S T E A L ...... its jaypee don;t pay hefty margins to brokers so no1 hard sells it like the projects for supertech, gulshan, amaeplai and or pata nahin kon kon ... U pick projects from these builders from last 5 years and compare with jaypee and see who has delayed more :)

Another thing not going for these shady builders is the way they calculate loading and how much extra you are paying for pure thin air!
    CommentQuote
  • Calling Volunteers to help answer open queries for WT

Originally Posted by dineshsays
    Social Clubs and Boomerang

1.When I get possession of my apartment, will the club facilities be open
    2.What all features / facilities are there in the social clubs
    3.Is there any possibility to allow Boomerang memberships for some reduced price to Kalypso (or other Project holders?) May be for club only or Club + 9 Hole or Club + 18 Hole only etc)
    4.How are clubs allocated to different projects

Parking and Intra Wishtown Travel

5.What is the current price / status of second parking of various projects
    6.Will Jaypee allow surface parking for those who have not purchased second parking
    7.Where will guests park their cars
    8.What is the plan for internal commutation? Do people rely on their vehicles or can expect something from JP

Power, Water and Gas (Utilities)

9.Where are the capacitive electrical and water purification plants located and when will they become operational
    10.Where will the power backup generators be located within a project (if this is not central) and what measures will be taken to protect the occupants of flats from pollution/noise
    11.What will be the costs per Unit for backup power
    12.Will we have hot water in water taps? Or we have to deploy geyser
    13.Will we get piped gas, will Jaypee provide this? What will be the costs?

Buildings

14.Will there be AC in lobbies
    15.What are the provisions of installing split ACs in projects which do not have an outdoor platform unit slab?

Maintenance

16.What is the per month maintenance rate fixed for my project
    17.What will be the maintenance model i.e. how will it be run, executed and enforced

Possession and Handover

18.When Jaypee hands over a particular project, will Jaypee make any provisions to keep the project protected from construction dust/hazards from a neighboring project
    19.How many projects are still to be launched and What is Jaypee’s formal target to complete ALL of Wishtown
    20.For the early movers, how will they take care of day-to-day needs. Will Jaypee provide any makeshift shops etc until commercials are formally launched

Miscellaneous

21.Is Jaypee doing anything for pets – like some builders are providing loos for pets
    22.What can Jaypee tell us of the Bund road at the rear and will Jaypee have any gates to that road

I've posted this on Yahoo Groups as well to see if we can get any answers:

All - this is a request to nominate your names to OWN a few of these questions. It will be your Job to get details from Jaypee/elsewhere for these questions

Even 4 volunteers will take the number of questions to 5 each so its not a huge task

Please do come forward and help the community and thereby help yourself

I will take up 5
    CommentQuote
  • Dinesh,

If you could throw some ideas for where to find the answers. I tried to talk to some JP executives they were either clueless or gave different versions. :(
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by deeprupani
    Dinesh,

If you could throw some ideas for where to find the answers. I tried to talk to some JP executives they were either clueless or gave different versions. :(

Bro - we will come up with some battle plan - don't worry.

I am assuming you are signing up :)

So we have 2

Come on folks - please help with this
    CommentQuote
  • Sure i am available if it helps..
    CommentQuote
  • I put this in the Kosmos thread then realised not everyone interested in Jaypee would be visiting the Kosmos thread. This is a small update on progress from Jan 11 to June 12

IREF is really a treasure trove - I found this Old picture in one of the threads on Knight Court. This was taken on 16th Jan 2011 by a member and pasted in this forum. I've also attached 3-4 recent ones taken by Mayank Bhai about late June 2012 - so consider the first picture to be about 17 months or so apart. It gives you a great view of the progress that Jaypee has made:

For comparision:

- Then, Kalypso Court 1 was at 8 Floors. Now at 15 Floors (topped out)
    - Then, Kalypso Court 2 was at 7 Floors. Now at 15 Floors (topped out)
    - Then, Kalypso Court 3/4 was at 4 Floors. Now at 19 Floors

The Admin building is completely shielded from view

- Then, Imperial Court 1/2/3 were at 8/5/3 Floors now at 32 Floors each on an average (I think I reversed the order in the pictures)

For IT 3 - the sustained average comes to 1.7 floors a month - zounds!!

Just look at the progress on the Golf Course - what seemed like a neighborhood park now looks like a world class facility

Boy, am I looking forward to how this will be in another 18 months or what, hopefully this time from my own balcony!!
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Very good comparison and rightly put in.

Clearly progress in last 1-1.5 years has been decent and comparable to others in terms of construction speed.

I still remember, almost 3 years back in 2009, we could hardly see any of the towers above the ground level. With that perspective, I guess Jaypee has come a long way and I am sure slowly and gradually work on ground would help change general perception about Jaypee but they still have some distance to travel :)
    CommentQuote
  • This progress happened after Buyers united and protested at Jaypee Offices regularly week-on-week. Promoters were drawn into discussions (Sameer Gaur, Sachin Gaur, Gaurav Jain etc) .... They were forced to take action ... I'm worrying about slowing economy, drought situation .... last time global recession happened -- real estate came to stand still.
    CommentQuote
  • Do you guys think the TOI article about NA raising land prices has any bearing on JP prices and on JP progress?
    CommentQuote
  • could anyone tell if the swimming pools will be heated in winter or not??
    CommentQuote
  • Dinesh,

This comparison of pictures 'then' and 'now' says it all...

You have a great way to explain your point.

This should give a lot of peace to those who have been worried about the progress in WT...should they still choose to see the reality, I mean.

thanks for yet another useful post.

Much as you, I too look forward to seeing further progress...a lot of it, in the next 18 months.

PS: This is what I have been trying to tell people..do not get carried away by the delays of the past, while evaluating WT today.
    CommentQuote