Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jaypee Greens Wishtown, Noida

Collapse
X
Collapse

Jaypee Greens Wishtown, Noida

Last updated: August 17 2020
8876 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re : Jaypee Greens Wishtown, Noida

    Originally posted by Victor1965 View Post
    JAYPEE GREENS - NOIDA

    What do you guys think about Jaypee Greens in Noida?

    Is this a good time to buy?
    Is it a good investment?

    Cheers!
    YES IT IS A GOOD TIME TO INVEST IN THE JAYPEE PROPERTIES NOIDA.. U WILL GET VERY GOOD RETURNS ON I... :-p

    Comment


    • Re : Jaypee Greens Wishtown, Noida

      Good News - Aditya Birla is front-runner for Jaiprakash cement stake

      Mumbai/New Delhi: The Aditya Birla Group has emerged as the front-runner in a bid to acquire a stake in the cement business of Jaiprakash Associates Ltd (JAL) that could potentially be valued at $1 billion (around Rs. 5,700 crore), according to three people familiar with the matter.


      The two sides are in direct talks and negotiations have advanced considerably, said a senior Aditya Birla Group executive requesting anonymity.
      “We have emerged as the front-runner. There were not too many serious players, except one multinational company,” this person said. “The idea is to buy out a part of the stake from JP Associates’ cements business. The acquisition could be as big as $1 billion.”

      The exercise is aimed at reducing debt and may even result in a complete exit by JAL from the third largest cement business in India.

      JAL is an infrastructure company that also runs hotels, cement plants, utilities and the Buddh International racing circuit near New Delhi, besides developing real estate. Its cement units produced 15.87 million tonnes in the year to March 2011.

      “Jaiprakash Associates is in direct talks with the Aditya Birla Group. They had approached the top management directly,” said another person aware of the development, seeking anonymity.

      The Economic Times newspaper had reported on 15 June that JAL could conclude a deal for its cement plants in Gujarat and Andhra Pradesh with France-based Lafarge SA, the Aditya Birla Group or Switzerland-based Holcim Ltd, which owns ACC Ltd and Ambuja Cements Ltd.

      Debt-fuelled growth has taken its toll on JAL. Even as income from operations grew by a healthy 30% in 2011-12, profit contracted 54% to Rs. 947 crore, as a sharp rise in interest costs crimped earnings. From Rs. 1,979 crore in 2010-11, finance costs surged 58% to Rs. 3,134 crore last fiscal. Long-term borrowings during the year increased 12% to Rs. 43,912 crore and total liabilities spiked 21.6% to Rs. 64,459 crore.

      While questions emailed to a JAL spokesperson on Sunday evening remained unanswered at the time of going to press, O.P. Puranmalka, business director at Aditya Birla-controlled UltraTech Cement Ltd, and director, Aditya Birla Management Corp. Pvt. Ltd, said his company would not comment on market speculation in line with its policy.

      The moves take place at a time when, in the first order of its kind, the Competition Commission of India (CCI) censured the cement industry for cartelization on 21 June and imposed a penalty of at least Rs. 6,300 crore on the top 11 makers of the building material.

      Among these, the worst-hit were ACC, Ambuja Cements, UltraTech Cement and JAL, which have been fined in excess of Rs. 1,000 crore each. All the 11 firms were fined 50% of their average profit for the 2010 and 2011 fiscal years, the period for which they were investigated.

      Fitch Ratings said on Monday that the CCI order may aid the process of further consolidation in the industry over the long term. “To the extent regulatory intervention limits coordinated supplier actions with respect to price and quantity, smaller firms (single or multiple plants with high geographic concentration) with uneconomic cost structures would become uncompetitive and face very significant deterioration in their credit profiles. As such, the fragmentation level in the industry is expected to reduce, and larger and vertically integrated companies are likely to gain market share,” Fitch said in a statement.

      Fitch has maintained a negative outlook on the Indian cement industry for the last two years. The industry has been struggling with excess capacity, given the existing muted demand scenario besides having a structural feature of relatively high operating leverage.

      An infusion of fresh cash would revive JAL’s finances. According to Kim Eng Securities, the company requires Rs. 12,100 crore to complete ongoing projects over the next two years. As the company is only able to meet 30% of its investment obligations through internal accruals because it has little surplus cash after meeting interest costs, it has to tie up funds from other sources for the rest, Kim Eng said in a 15 June note.

      It forecasts a cash flow shortfall of Rs. 6,000 crore in fiscal 2013 and Rs. 2,700 crore in fiscal 2014.

      pr.sanjai@livemint.com
      Aditya Birla is front-runner for Jaiprakash cement stake - Home - livemint.com

      Comment


      • Re : Jaypee Greens Wishtown, Noida

        Originally posted by Shaurya29 View Post
        Mumbai/New Delhi: The Aditya Birla Group has emerged as the front-runner in a bid to acquire a stake in the cement business of Jaiprakash Associates Ltd (JAL) that could potentially be valued at $1 billion (around Rs. 5,700 crore), according to three people familiar with the matter.


        The two sides are in direct talks and negotiations have advanced considerably, said a senior Aditya Birla Group executive requesting anonymity.
        “We have emerged as the front-runner. There were not too many serious players, except one multinational company,” this person said. “The idea is to buy out a part of the stake from JP Associates’ cements business. The acquisition could be as big as $1 billion.”

        The exercise is aimed at reducing debt and may even result in a complete exit by JAL from the third largest cement business in India.

        JAL is an infrastructure company that also runs hotels, cement plants, utilities and the Buddh International racing circuit near New Delhi, besides developing real estate. Its cement units produced 15.87 million tonnes in the year to March 2011.

        “Jaiprakash Associates is in direct talks with the Aditya Birla Group. They had approached the top management directly,” said another person aware of the development, seeking anonymity.

        The Economic Times newspaper had reported on 15 June that JAL could conclude a deal for its cement plants in Gujarat and Andhra Pradesh with France-based Lafarge SA, the Aditya Birla Group or Switzerland-based Holcim Ltd, which owns ACC Ltd and Ambuja Cements Ltd.

        Debt-fuelled growth has taken its toll on JAL. Even as income from operations grew by a healthy 30% in 2011-12, profit contracted 54% to Rs. 947 crore, as a sharp rise in interest costs crimped earnings. From Rs. 1,979 crore in 2010-11, finance costs surged 58% to Rs. 3,134 crore last fiscal. Long-term borrowings during the year increased 12% to Rs. 43,912 crore and total liabilities spiked 21.6% to Rs. 64,459 crore.

        While questions emailed to a JAL spokesperson on Sunday evening remained unanswered at the time of going to press, O.P. Puranmalka, business director at Aditya Birla-controlled UltraTech Cement Ltd, and director, Aditya Birla Management Corp. Pvt. Ltd, said his company would not comment on market speculation in line with its policy.

        The moves take place at a time when, in the first order of its kind, the Competition Commission of India (CCI) censured the cement industry for cartelization on 21 June and imposed a penalty of at least Rs. 6,300 crore on the top 11 makers of the building material.

        Among these, the worst-hit were ACC, Ambuja Cements, UltraTech Cement and JAL, which have been fined in excess of Rs. 1,000 crore each. All the 11 firms were fined 50% of their average profit for the 2010 and 2011 fiscal years, the period for which they were investigated.

        Fitch Ratings said on Monday that the CCI order may aid the process of further consolidation in the industry over the long term. “To the extent regulatory intervention limits coordinated supplier actions with respect to price and quantity, smaller firms (single or multiple plants with high geographic concentration) with uneconomic cost structures would become uncompetitive and face very significant deterioration in their credit profiles. As such, the fragmentation level in the industry is expected to reduce, and larger and vertically integrated companies are likely to gain market share,” Fitch said in a statement.

        Fitch has maintained a negative outlook on the Indian cement industry for the last two years. The industry has been struggling with excess capacity, given the existing muted demand scenario besides having a structural feature of relatively high operating leverage.

        An infusion of fresh cash would revive JAL’s finances. According to Kim Eng Securities, the company requires Rs. 12,100 crore to complete ongoing projects over the next two years. As the company is only able to meet 30% of its investment obligations through internal accruals because it has little surplus cash after meeting interest costs, it has to tie up funds from other sources for the rest, Kim Eng said in a 15 June note.

        It forecasts a cash flow shortfall of Rs. 6,000 crore in fiscal 2013 and Rs. 2,700 crore in fiscal 2014.

        pr.sanjai@livemint.com
        Aditya Birla is front-runner for Jaiprakash cement stake - Home - livemint.com
        Sale of cement plants will bring desperately needed cash flow. It will help JP to reduce debt and finish Constructions project e.g. Wishtown Noida.

        Comment


        • Re : Jaypee Greens Wishtown, Noida

          Originally posted by propequity
          Jaypee started booking @6500 psf
          which project???

          Comment


          • Re : Jaypee Greens Wishtown, Noida

            which project in jaypee wishtown..

            Comment


            • Re : Jaypee Greens Wishtown, Noida

              Bad News - Jaypee fined 100 Cr - Himachal Cement Plant

              People power crushes illegal Jaypee Cement plant in Himachal Pradesh

              People power crushes illegal plant in Himachal Pradesh | NDTV.com

              Comment


              • Re : Jaypee Greens Wishtown, Noida

                Folks - I've heard through the grapevine that Jaypee intends to increase rates across the board. My trusted broker is unavailable for the time being.

                Can anyone confirm/deny the news and also suggest by what percentage are they increasing the rates (if true)

                Cheers

                Comment


                • Re : Jaypee Greens Wishtown, Noida

                  Can you elaborate with some rationale. Why you think so?

                  Do you have any news on Rate increases across the board?

                  Comment


                  • Re : Jaypee Greens Wishtown, Noida

                    Originally posted by dineshsays View Post
                    Can you elaborate with some rationale. Why you think so?

                    Do you have any news on Rate increases across the board?
                    Is this question out of an entirely academic interest? Their last rate increase activity was full of humor. PH was increased to 9000/sqft when in reality BOP and others are still selling fresh units at 5500-ish.

                    On a lighter note , rumors may be true, and the rates for Kosmos may be revised to 10000/sq ft. I still remember how pavilion jumped from 5400 to 9000 overnight . Happiness, after all, is mostly a state of mind and is not necessarily linked to facts

                    Perhaps, I unnecessarily fill you with pessimism.

                    Comment


                    • Re : Jaypee Greens Wishtown, Noida

                      Originally posted by anantv View Post
                      Is this question out of an entirely academic interest? Their last rate increase activity was full of humor. PH was increased to 9000/sqft when in reality BOP and others are still selling fresh units at 5500-ish.

                      On a lighter note , rumors may be true, and the rates for Kosmos may be revised to 10000/sq ft. I still remember how pavilion jumped from 5400 to 9000 overnight . Happiness, after all, is mostly a state of mind and is not necessarily linked to facts

                      Perhaps, I unnecessarily fill you with pessimism.

                      Dude - it was a simple question - if you know of this let me know - if not, ignore the post.

                      I know EXACTLY what happened last time (April 2011), how movements increased to 14400 for Kalypso/Imperial/Knight for PCs etc from 5400 to 9000. What followed was limited or next to nothing impact in the resale market. However there was some change in the primary market

                      I try and keep up with what is happening at Jaypee WT and I'm not here to have thrills at paper increases similar to the last time.

                      However, there is a purchase decision pending in the family and that's why I want to know as there was an impact last time on the primary market.

                      If you can help, let me know else ignore this
                      Last edited June 28 2012, 07:52 PM.

                      Comment

                      Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X