What do you guys think about Jaypee Greens Wishtown - NOIDA? Is this a good time to buy? Is Wishtown a good investment?

Cheers! :)
Read more
8004 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • For all those who are suffering delays from the builders, this surely will be a heartening news.
    Photos:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by csbansal
    For all those who are suffering delays from the builders, this surely will be a heartening news.

Not necessarily. Some buyers may not join in to contribute to the litigation costs. This may affect the chances of winning due to lack of funds.
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • TalkStraight1 years ago
      Winning is not dependent on funds, poor guys do not understand but they are being looted in the name of buyers associations and case filings.
      30k per member for case equates 30lacs for a group of 100 people in order to fight case in NCDRC...
      u don't need so much money, entire amount will be shown as spent under different expense heads and lawyer and few leaders of the group will make a killing out of it. Good Luck!!!
  • Originally Posted by dineshsays

Poles are there - main road I dunno ie the fancy ones

Dinesh bhai. I remember you were going to do a post explaining things to inspect when taking possession along with what to look out for. I am not sure if you have made a post on this or if I am not able to find it. If you could point me to it that will be great.

Thank You.
    CommentQuote
  • do anyone know which 70 odd towers is jaypee talking about...
    CommentQuote
  • Today I met an architect client of mine who works for a lot of builders. He was the one who was building JC world outside jaypee wish town next to jaypee hospital. He said Rita dixit who was erstwhile jaypee head and ears was the one who quit jaypee and started this venture. Structure is ready but they r out of money now construction has stopped. No future for this project.

Different project . /same story
    CommentQuote
  • Rita Dixit is the daughter of Jaiprakash Gaur, who founded Jaypee Group.
    CommentQuote
  • almost one and a half month has passed on the 3rd SEP-16 meeting... with all the assurance of restarting construction in 70 towers, whats the progress on the ground ?
    only news received so far on forums is that JP has cleared pending dues for some contractors and some slow movement in some towers... thats it ... nothing much.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by TalkStraight
    almost one and a half month has passed on the 3rd SEP-16 meeting... with all the assurance of restarting construction in 70 towers, whats the progress on the ground ?
    only news received so far on forums is that JP has cleared pending dues for some contractors and some slow movement in some towers... thats it ... nothing much.

I know about KPA towers, Nothing so far...
    CommentQuote
  • Does anyone know what going on for registry of plots? I've been running back and forth with registry cell of jaypee to get registry of plot of my brother in law who is nri. All documents have been submitted to jaypee but they are not giving the amount of stamp duty for purchase of stamp paper. Every time they just say we will mail u in 10 mins.
    Bunch of idiots!
    i think there's something fishy. Could it be that these plots are also mortgaged and jaypee cannot get them registered?
    CommentQuote
  • I passed through Wishtown this morning. Was happy to see lots of labour working on Kingswood Oriental. Additionally it was clear that activity was moving at Pavilion Heights 3, 1 and 4. Also Kalypso towers which were at a standstill were having activity though not at the same intensity as Kingswood. If this continues we should see some quick possessions.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Poddarvaib
    I passed through Wishtown this morning. Was happy to see lots of labour working on Kingswood Oriental. Additionally it was clear that activity was moving at Pavilion Heights 3, 1 and 4. Also Kalypso towers which were at a standstill were having activity though not at the same intensity as Kingswood. If this continues we should see some quick possessions.

This news is heartening, and pretty welcome one after a long time. Reminds me of the quote - " small step for a man, a giant leap for mankind "
    Hoping for things to improve slowly but surely for wishtown noida.

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by TalkStraight

This news is heartening, and pretty welcome one after a long time. Reminds me of the quote - " small step for a man, a giant leap for mankind "
    Hoping for things to improve slowly but surely for wishtown noida.

Two more points, Knights court was not part of the 70 priority towers but there was some activity there as well. I guess that the 70 towers which JP had listed are a guideline about the priority towers but the areas where construction will happen in the initial stages are not restricted to them. There was also a lot of activity in the non golfing plots. KP2 I beleive. I could spot at least 12-15 houses under various stages of construction. I spoke to one of the contractors, he is talking to 4 other plot owners about their contracts so I think we will see the plots starting to fill up sooner than we think.
    CommentQuote
  • Debt-hit firms selling assets, but Jaypee shows how loans remain

Beena Parmar and Ramsurya Mamidenna, Hindustan Times, Mumbai
      |
      Updated: Oct 21, 2016 11:31 IST

The move to cut bad loans that have been impacting profitability of India’s top banks has pushed many debt-ridden companies to sell assets over the past three years.

But this has not led to any significant reduction in the overall borrowings as the proceeds from asset sales have been used to meet interest dues keeping the principal mostly intact.

According to bankers and distressed sale experts, this is due to the conventional banking norm of recovering the interest portion of a loan first. This was negotiated between banks and companies when they redrew payment structures for infrastructure, textile and steel companies due to the downturn.

Asset sales have been common this year, primarily with debt-heavy companies. Reliance Infra sold its cement unit to Birla Corp for ₹4,800 crore and Jindal Steel and Power sold its power plant to JSW Energy for ₹6,500 crore.

Sell offs by three companies — Essar and Reliance Group apart from JPA — alone this year are likely to help banks reduce their debt by around ₹70,000 crore. But the same may not help the companies such as JPA as much.

“It’s a big issue…of banks not taking a haircut and of companies finding most of their sale funds for interest only. It is likely that firms such as Jaiprakash (Associates) and others may not see much reduction in their overall debt,” said a veteran banking expert, who was involved in advancing loans to large corporates.

Delhi-based infrastructure major Jaiprakash Associates Ltd (JAL), is currently grappling with a consolidated debt of about ₹58,250 crore as of March 31, 2016, which is more than what the group can service, prompting the company to sell assets to lighten the load.

Since September 2013, Jaiprakash has sold about ₹33,380 crore worth of cement and power plants. While the company declined to talk on the issue officially, a senior executive said: “Banks have to take a pragmatic view for companies who have created assets for the country and have shown proactive approach for de-leveraging.”

But relaxation looks difficult. “Given the condition in which some debt-heavy Indian companies find themselves, they have limited options, but to sell assets. In some cases, there could be a meaningful reduction of the principal amount if the assets are profitable, such as Essar Oil’s refinery. It would be difficult to say how many, who do not have strong cash flows, would see significant reduction in their overall debt,” said Sanjeev Prasad, senior executive director and co-head at Kotak Institutional Equities.

Then there is the threat of lost ability to service debts as most assets have been sold. Nirmal Gangwal, founder of Brescon Corporate Advisors, which looks at turnaround of stressed companies, said, “Most of the debt in India is in steel, infrastructure and power, and not much of it is saleable unless there is a revival.”

Link: http://www.hindustantimes.com/business-news/debt-hit-firms-selling-assets-but-jaypee-shows-how-loans-remain/story-evg5yT5IsysUu2rSkpXfNJ.html

CommentQuote
  • This article does not factor their land banks, their hotels and so many other assets. I am not sure about their total liabilities but this article for sure is a half cooked job.
    CommentQuote
  • AnyOne has any info for kasa isles ?
    CommentQuote