What do you guys think about Jaypee Greens Wishtown - NOIDA? Is this a good time to buy? Is Wishtown a good investment?

Cheers! :)
Read more
Reply
7937 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi, w​​​hat is the current rates here for ready to move units?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by disposition
    More than firstimebuy's raw nerve, this thread seems to expose some other members' hidden agendas.
    Sure, JP WT has its own challenges.

    But readers are aware of this forum's history of "genuine" posters with strong biased negative views later confessing their hidden agendas in disproportionately targeting projects to influence project rates for personal gain.

    Readers shouldn't take such posts on face value. Do your own homework.

    Lol, if project rates were influenced by posts in this forum, then those in WIshtown should have been higher than those in Singapore and Manhattan based on the misleading and now discredited posts over the last many years by shills on JP's payrolls.

    The simple fact is that JP has taken money from real estate investors and deployed it in other projects. Those projects have flopped and JP is now broke and unable to complete Wishtown. Many stuck investors in Wishtown will tell you that that goes down must come back up and that JP will somehow magically complete the project, but the truth is that management itself is losing control of its companies and there is no money to put into Wishtown.
    CommentQuote
  • @dineshsays Bhai is it true that the banks have taken charge of all Jaypee companies and that all Gaurs have been ousted from the boards. If yes then what is going to be the fate of us and Wishtown ? Am very worried !
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by punrat2002
    @dineshsays Bhai is it true that the banks have taken charge of all Jaypee companies and that all Gaurs have been ousted from the boards. If yes then what is going to be the fate of us and Wishtown ? Am very worried !

    So far, only the board of Jaypee Power has formally proposed handing over majority ownership to lenders, but the process is on for other companies as well.
    Mr Sachin Gaur and Mr Sameer Gaur are out of Jaypee Infra, but Mr Manoj Gaur is still there as of now.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Truenity

    So far, only the board of Jaypee Power has formally proposed handing over majority ownership to lenders, but the process is on for other companies as well.
    Mr Sachin Gaur and Mr Sameer Gaur are out of Jaypee Infra, but Mr Manoj Gaur is still there as of now.


    True... JP power is in process of being handed over to bankers (e-voting of shareholders has been called) .
    The way things are moving JP Infra could be next in line (as early as next quarter) !!! This explains why everything is at standstill at wishtown - all JP infra projects are virtually at full stop as far as construction is concerned.

    Gaur's might just be able to survive for a few more yrs and save JAL if they get money from ultratech deal and are able to payoff the pending dues (w.r.t JAL standalone).
    Probably money will come in to JAL at a time when JP power & infra will be taken over by bankers. That could be the last ditch effort to save JAL (parent company).


    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by TalkStraight


    True... JP power is in process of being handed over to bankers (e-voting of shareholders has been called) .
    The way things are moving JP Infra could be next in line (as early as next quarter) !!! This explains why everything is at standstill at wishtown - all JP infra projects are virtually at full stop as far as construction is concerned.

    Gaur's might just be able to survive for a few more yrs and save JAL if they get money from ultratech deal and are able to payoff the pending dues (w.r.t JAL standalone).
    Probably money will come in to JAL at a time when JP power & infra will be taken over by bankers. That could be the last ditch effort to save JAL (parent company).



    Gaurs or JAL are not going to get a single paisa from the ultratech deal. The whole purpose of the exercise is for lenders to get their money back or at least get the loans transferred to a creditworthy borrower like ultratech. Construction in JP Wishtown is at a standstill because they are out of money and that reality won't change.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Truenity

    Gaurs or JAL are not going to get a single paisa from the ultratech deal. The whole purpose of the exercise is for lenders to get their money back or at least get the loans transferred to a creditworthy borrower like ultratech. Construction in JP Wishtown is at a standstill because they are out of money and that reality won't change.


    Yes true ... wishtown is doomed & cursed its a ghost town in making.
    Situation is hopeless for buyers / investors / residents etc..
    So many court cases by buyers associations , so many protests meetings etc but noone seems to be able to do anything !
    Why should someone waste so much time over a lost cause !!! On a daily basis !!
    Atleast i have a lot riding on WT !!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Truenity

    Gaurs or JAL are not going to get a single paisa from the ultratech deal. The whole purpose of the exercise is for lenders to get their money back or at least get the loans transferred to a creditworthy borrower like ultratech. Construction in JP Wishtown is at a standstill because they are out of money and that reality won't change.


    Even if the money from ultratech deal doesn't come to JP, they will still save on interest and principal repayments.

    Money saved is money earned. Right???
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sachdeva51


    Even if the money from ultratech deal doesn't come to JP, they will still save on interest and principal repayments.

    Money saved is money earned. Right???

    The money will not come for free. The loss of revenue from cement plants will be more than the saving on interest payments and because JP had to do the deal at a distressed price, the value of assets lost is more than reduction in principal payments.

    Money lost is money spent. Right???
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Truenity

    The money will not come for free. The loss of revenue from cement plants will be more than the saving on interest payments and because JP had to do the deal at a distressed price, the value of assets lost is more than reduction in principal payments.

    Money lost is money spent. Right???


    "value of assets lost is more than reduction in principal payments"

    What is the source of this info?

    Any authentic data source that I should look at?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sachdeva51


    "value of assets lost is more than reduction in principal payments"

    What is the source of this info?

    Any authentic data source that I should look at?

    You can look at deal valuation in terms of $/mt vs what greenfield plant would cost and details of the transfer agreement that JP and Ultratech would have sent to investors and stock exchanges.
    CommentQuote
  • Guys, any hope of Wishtown getting completed. Called Jaypee but no one is picking the call.
    CommentQuote
  • Hope diminishes everyday. Today workers have blocked gates and protesting due to non payment of salaries. They are restricting people from entering or exiting Wishtown. The situation can turn violent.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ranjaon
    Hope diminishes everyday. Today workers have blocked gates and protesting due to non payment of salaries. They are restricting people from entering or exiting Wishtown. The situation can turn violent.


    You are talking about construction site workers (from contractors) or JP employees?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ranjaon
    Hope diminishes everyday. Today workers have blocked gates and protesting due to non payment of salaries. They are restricting people from entering or exiting Wishtown. The situation can turn violent.


    I had gone to Kalypso Court today, reaching there around 3:45pm. No one tried to stop me. I walked around the golf course - Kalypso, Imperial, Kalypso. No sign of any agitation.

    The Kalypso clubs are still a long way from completion. The lawn and surrounding are excellently maintained.
    CommentQuote