What do you guys think about Jaypee Greens Wishtown - NOIDA? Is this a good time to buy? Is Wishtown a good investment?

Cheers! :)
Read more
Reply
7997 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Truenity

    The money will not come for free. The loss of revenue from cement plants will be more than the saving on interest payments and because JP had to do the deal at a distressed price, the value of assets lost is more than reduction in principal payments.

    Money lost is money spent. Right???


    "value of assets lost is more than reduction in principal payments"

    What is the source of this info?

    Any authentic data source that I should look at?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sachdeva51


    "value of assets lost is more than reduction in principal payments"

    What is the source of this info?

    Any authentic data source that I should look at?

    You can look at deal valuation in terms of $/mt vs what greenfield plant would cost and details of the transfer agreement that JP and Ultratech would have sent to investors and stock exchanges.
    CommentQuote
  • Guys, any hope of Wishtown getting completed. Called Jaypee but no one is picking the call.
    CommentQuote
  • Hope diminishes everyday. Today workers have blocked gates and protesting due to non payment of salaries. They are restricting people from entering or exiting Wishtown. The situation can turn violent.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ranjaon
    Hope diminishes everyday. Today workers have blocked gates and protesting due to non payment of salaries. They are restricting people from entering or exiting Wishtown. The situation can turn violent.


    You are talking about construction site workers (from contractors) or JP employees?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ranjaon
    Hope diminishes everyday. Today workers have blocked gates and protesting due to non payment of salaries. They are restricting people from entering or exiting Wishtown. The situation can turn violent.


    I had gone to Kalypso Court today, reaching there around 3:45pm. No one tried to stop me. I walked around the golf course - Kalypso, Imperial, Kalypso. No sign of any agitation.

    The Kalypso clubs are still a long way from completion. The lawn and surrounding are excellently maintained.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ranjaon
    Hope diminishes everyday. Today workers have blocked gates and protesting due to non payment of salaries. They are restricting people from entering or exiting Wishtown. The situation can turn violent.

    Not a surprise. I have heard JP is strugglling to pay employees and contractors owing to its cash crunch.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dipak44


    I had gone to Kalypso Court today, reaching there around 3:45pm. No one tried to stop me. I walked around the golf course - Kalypso, Imperial, Kalypso. No sign of any agitation.

    The Kalypso clubs are still a long way from completion. The lawn and surrounding are excellently maintained.


    I went to pick a colleague from his kosmos apartment....i could not take my car inside as the workers-contractors had blocked the security gates. He came down on foot from his block to the security perimeter.

    This was in morning....i am told that the situation was normal after few hours.
    CommentQuote
  • http://www.business-standard.com/budget/article/massive-debt-write-offs-required-to-rescue-large-corporates-eco-survey-117013100621_1.html

    Given the scale of the problem, the Economic Survey notes: "Large write-offs will be required to restore viability to the large IC1 companies (those companies whose earnings do not even cover their interest obligations).

    The Survey provides a solution that suggests that the government is left with little option except to prepare a massive bailout mechanism for indebted corporates. This would be achieved through the establishment of a Public Asset Rehabilitation Agency (PARA) which could be tasked with the responsibility of resolving big and complex bad debt cases.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kp1plotbuy
    http://www.business-standard.com/budget/article/massive-debt-write-offs-required-to-rescue-large-corporates-eco-survey-117013100621_1.html

    Given the scale of the problem, the Economic Survey notes: "Large write-offs will be required to restore viability to the large IC1 companies (those companies whose earnings do not even cover their interest obligations).

    The Survey provides a solution that suggests that the government is left with little option except to prepare a massive bailout mechanism for indebted corporates. This would be achieved through the establishment of a Public Asset Rehabilitation Agency (PARA) which could be tasked with the responsibility of resolving big and complex bad debt cases.


    One solution couldve been invoking the SDR/S4A by the banks. Debt converted to equity meaning banks became the new owners of the company with gaurs remaining managing directors. the equity could then be sold to any player with manageable debt on their books to turn profit in this business.

    However from what i know is that the group of lenders led by SBI developed cold feet. After what happened to IDBI chairman in the KFA mess, nobody wants to take a risk unless there is a proper mechanism to protect their own interests. Nobody wants to lend, nobody wants to invoke S4A. Its status quo.

    The problem today is that the govt needs infra companies with a big track record and capacity to build projects, roads, highways. But all big companies are stressed. This debt problem will have to be managed somehow : S4A/PARA/Write offs.. whatever!

    If PARA is established, companies like Jaypee will benefit.. They have a good business but need management of debt. The management is needy, not greedy.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by firstimebuy


    One solution couldve been invoking the SDR/S4A by the banks. Debt converted to equity meaning banks became the new owners of the company with gaurs remaining managing directors. the equity could then be sold to any player with manageable debt on their books to turn profit in this business.

    However from what i know is that the group of lenders led by SBI developed cold feet. After what happened to IDBI chairman in the KFA mess, nobody wants to take a risk unless there is a proper mechanism to protect their own interests. Nobody wants to lend, nobody wants to invoke S4A. Its status quo.

    The problem today is that the govt needs infra companies with a big track record and capacity to build projects, roads, highways. But all big companies are stressed. This debt problem will have to be managed somehow : S4A/PARA/Write offs.. whatever!

    If PARA is established, companies like Jaypee will benefit.. They have a good business but need management of debt. The management is needy, not greedy.

    If bankers don't want to put in any more money, doesn't it mean JP is finished ? It would have been difficult even if bankers had given more money.
    CommentQuote
  • Where is @dineshsays now a days.. Bhai dikh nahin rahe.. Bhai aap nahin bologe to JayPee ke liye kaun bolega.. I still remember how you promoted Orchards and Cube in this forum in 2012 when these projects were launched .. How you praised the Orchards "nose" unit for its long and uninteprrupted GC view.. Even till few months back you were all praise for JayPee doing there balance sheet analysis like a financial expert and telling everyone that JayPee has no issues and they can easily come out of the sh*t they are in.. what happened to now ? but i hope you are enjoying in your Kalypso Court apartment sipping on wine , looking out from hall window at the empty GC and thinking how well you played the game..
    CommentQuote
  • Demonetization was the last nail in coffin of stalled projects of Bankrupt builders.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Bharatiya
    Demonetization was the last nail in coffin of stalled projects of Bankrupt builders.


    Game Over !!
    CommentQuote
  • There are those who are saying "wait till after elections". ....
    CommentQuote