What do you guys think about Jaypee Greens Wishtown - NOIDA? Is this a good time to buy? Is Wishtown a good investment?

Cheers! :)
Read more
8001 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by dineshsays
    Here you go bro:

Some of the points I believe that may help the conversation:

1. Never NEVER overleverage yourself, especially if you think what you are getting into is less than perfect
    2. The 1885 floor plan of Kalypso is not great
    3. Your decision of PC/PH should be done less on the basis of specs. See you put 8-10 L and this becomes as good as Kalypso in terms of specs - think slightly long term
    4. For a 2 BHK the 1650 plan in Kalypso ROCKS - it is downright superb. In India we have this concept of smaller rooms and purely on how much time is spent in A room, the value of bigger rooms is severly downplayed - there is so much air and room that I would take less rooms any day in the same space. Besides in some towers like KT 3/4 - these 2 BHKs have awesome views of the expressway - no towers in front for miles. HOWEVER - this is ruled out as you NEED 3 BHK correct?
    5. Paying DP right now in near RTM is not that criminal anymore especially for PC/PH Kalypso
    6. Fundamentally Orchards is a better property than PC/PH except for near term Golf Views and it being in Sector 128, the downside is posession time. Although it is being built by arguably the best builder in the country (L&T) (better flat layout, better views etc etc)

---

My views:

1. Reject the 1850 3 BHK in Kalypso - poor layout, mostly compomised GC views and overly expensive
    2. Give PC/PH one more thought on the basis of the fact that you can always change specs later to make it an ultra luxe apartment should you chose to. However - the GC views have GOT to be stunning - this you cannot change. This is also the most judicious in terms of early posession and highest expected price jump (first to be RTM) - one of the things I've suggested previously to people is to get into PC/PH now - start living and depending on how Orchards turns out consider a switch having enjoyed the appreciation that PC/PH will give you initially
    3. Orchards comes highly recomended - fundamentally a better property that PC/PH, great GC views though you HAVE to select your unit very very carefully. Downside is time - it will take 3-4 years for this to be livable and you mention early posession as an important consideration
    4. Kalypso 1650 also comes highly recomended - Ready in about a year - great layout, great views of the expressway, better potential gentry in WT - best location in WT. However this does NOT suit you as you want 3 BHK

In my mind therefore only the PC/PH and Orchards options remain - PC/PH wins if you want early posession (again dont let specs come in between - if you are ok with the Layout and GC views as those you cannot change) or if you can wait then I would suggest Orchards

Hope this helped - Cheers

Kudos Dinesh for giving honest guidance to buyers on Jaypee Wishtown.
    I think 1650 sqft 2 bhk Kalypso is the best bet for him if quality/specs are of great concern.

PC/PH also a great buy at this point if you compare with other builders e.g. DLF and Unitech etc.

Since the fella is interested in RTM, Orchard is complete avoid at this point of time even if LT is constructing the same. its still a 5 year project with all the risks rolled in.

I still believe that wishtown will become truly RTM in second half 2015.

If one is interested in Non-GC facing unit then Sector 128 is complete avoid.

People should look to ------> about to get RTM options in Klassic/Kosmos.

or less dense, Kensington or Krescent homes.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks bro...
    It helped a lot.
    I agree with all of your point except for 2.
    I think specs of the flats can be changed but things like quality of corridors, doors, gentry, club facilities can not be changed later.
    I have more to ask..will ask later :)

Thanks a ton
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Shaurya29
    Kudos Dinesh for giving honest guidance to buyers on Jaypee Wishtown.
    I think 1650 sqft 2 bhk Kalypso is the best bet for him if quality/specs are of great concern.

PC/PH also a great buy at this point if you compare with other builders e.g. DLF and Unitech etc.

Since the fella is interested in RTM, Orchard is complete avoid at this point of time even if LT is constructing the same. its still a 5 year project with all the risks rolled in.

I still believe that wishtown will become truly RTM in second half 2015.

If one is interested in Non-GC facing unit then Sector 128 is complete avoid.

People should look to ------> about to get RTM options in Klassic/Kosmos.

or less dense, Kensington or Krescent homes.

Hey buddy - long time no hear. I really wanted to say the Kalypso 2Bhk was the best but he wants 3 bhk
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by leechawla
    Thanks bro...
    It helped a lot.
    I agree with all of your point except for 2.
    I think specs of the flats can be changed but things like quality of corridors, doors, gentry, club facilities can not be changed later.
    I have more to ask..will ask later :)

Thanks a ton

Anytime buddy
    CommentQuote
    Anytime buddy

Dinesh,

If one is staying in one of the populated properties on Sector 93-A, and wants to move to something better down the line, is there something better which will be available ... considering the properties in Sector 93-A are low density, and all the new properties on Expressway Noida are high density, and then one is not sure about the builders, when they would deliver, and how liveable will these new properties be, and how many years they will take to become liveable, etc. etc.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gpsdnet
    Dinesh,

If one is staying in one of the populated properties on Sector 93-A, and wants to move to something better down the line, is there something better which will be available ... considering the properties in Sector 93-A are low density, and all the new properties on Expressway Noida are high density, and then one is not sure about the builders, when they would deliver, and how liveable will these new properties be, and how many years they will take to become liveable, etc. etc.

Hi Bro

Sector 93 A will always remain a leading/visionary sector which in isolation put Noida Expressway on the map. Had it not been for the likes of ATS and the fantastic reputation it gained as a residential destination both as an intrinsically good property to stay and for its locational advantages, we may not have had such a bullish outlook for NExp

Now the key question is while Sector 93A properties are good, established and low density (as they came up in a time when the permissable FAR was lower than current state) - does expressway offer anything to compel people to move on to something 'better'

Bro - I really do believe that such options do exist in terms of the Jaypee GC properties like Kalypso, Imperial etc, or Unitech UGCC or Lotus 300 (and a couple of others)

Fundamentally these projects are BETTER on paper than ATS (taking ATS as the poster child for Sector 93A) - however is that enough for you to consider moving

In my opinion you are in a great position as ATS etc are going through another price rise and you are sitting on still more profit

Now, another good point is that all the other options I have mentioned are well advanced in terms of being 1-1.5 years to RTM for some of the initial options - you can take your time, evaluate each of these options, cherry pick your project and apartment and then look to move when you get a little further down when RTM becomes RTL

If these projects DO get realised, they will be better than ATS - on that I have no doubt. The key is IF - and the way you are sitting is that your area is appreciating faster than these properties. So you can sit on the sidelines a little longer and evaluate in peace

However - you have to bear in mind that since these are fundamentally better than ATS - they will at a point overtake ATS in its pricing, when this happens is a little bit of guesswork and conjecture, but it WILL happen (unless these builders really screw things up). Your move has to be nicely timed that you get the max out of sector 93 A and buy into one of these apartments just before the tables start turning

So the suggestion is this - for the next few months look at these 3-4 projects, see what fits you, keep following price movements of both your unit and these and finalise a time based strategy on when to act if any of these fit the bill

Unitech be wary of as the group is in a bit of strife - though the entire UGCC is probably the best in its conceptualisation/location etc

All the best!
    CommentQuote
  • Dinesh i texted you an important query.. Kindly reply on that too whenever you get time..
    CommentQuote
    Hi Bro

Sector 93 A will always remain a leading/visionary sector which in isolation put Noida Expressway on the map. Had it not been for the likes of ATS and the fantastic reputation it gained as a residential destination both as an intrinsically good property to stay and for its locational advantages, we may not have had such a bullish outlook for NExp

Now the key question is while Sector 93A properties are good, established and low density (as they came up in a time when the permissable FAR was lower than current state) - does expressway offer anything to compel people to move on to something 'better'

Bro - I really do believe that such options do exist in terms of the Jaypee GC properties like Kalypso, Imperial etc, or Unitech UGCC or Lotus 300 (and a couple of others)

Fundamentally these projects are BETTER on paper than ATS (taking ATS as the poster child for Sector 93A) - however is that enough for you to consider moving

In my opinion you are in a great position as ATS etc are going through another price rise and you are sitting on still more profit

Now, another good point is that all the other options I have mentioned are well advanced in terms of being 1-1.5 years to RTM for some of the initial options - you can take your time, evaluate each of these options, cherry pick your project and apartment and then look to move when you get a little further down when RTM becomes RTL

If these projects DO get realised, they will be better than ATS - on that I have no doubt. The key is IF - and the way you are sitting is that your area is appreciating faster than these properties. So you can sit on the sidelines a little longer and evaluate in peace

However - you have to bear in mind that since these are fundamentally better than ATS - they will at a point overtake ATS in its pricing, when this happens is a little bit of guesswork and conjecture, but it WILL happen (unless these builders really screw things up). Your move has to be nicely timed that you get the max out of sector 93 A and buy into one of these apartments just before the tables start turning

So the suggestion is this - for the next few months look at these 3-4 projects, see what fits you, keep following price movements of both your unit and these and finalise a time based strategy on when to act if any of these fit the bill

Unitech be wary of as the group is in a bit of strife - though the entire UGCC is probably the best in its conceptualisation/location etc

All the best!

Dinesh,

Thanks for your great advice ... I was thinking on the same lines as you, but the point is when to move, and as you said, one has to wait for the right time, and make a move at the right time, to be able to gain from both ends .. I presume that time will come when Jaypee starts giving possession of their 1st lot of flats.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gpsdnet
    Dinesh,

Thanks for your great advice ... I was thinking on the same lines as you, but the point is when to move, and as you said, one has to wait for the right time, and make a move at the right time, to be able to gain from both ends .. I presume that time will come when Jaypee starts giving possession of their 1st lot of flats.

Hard to say - see Lotus 300 has already started spiralling out of control (in a good way for investors), Jaypee however is a different beast - its not a simple 1000 unit project that you can predict and say it will rise once its RTM

The critical mass can come on various triggers or even a combination - Pavilion Court becomes RTM, 2-3 GC properties are RTM, people start living in PC etc and rave about the living experience, some mass movement happens in Kosmos/Klassic in the non GC area - just too many ifs and buts. These are also tied into the macro economic situation around

So, my apologies - I cant really predict when the jump in Jaypee properties will come and which triggers will in reality kickstart the jump.

Suggestion as above is to keep evaluating price values by having some trusty brokers feeding you periodically and reading on IREF :)

ALL - anyone want to take a guess on price triggers in WT. My own sense is that PC handover alone will not be enough to really drive things forward (though will be glad to be proved wrong)
    CommentQuote
  • Dinesh I agree with u. PC is not a luxury project and Jaypee also didn't claim it to be a luxury one. Real pic/ recognition will be clear once Kalypso and Imperial are RTM. Jaypee will offer possession with adhoc facilities in the end of this year, so initial experience might not be that great.
    CommentQuote
    Hard to say - see Lotus 300 has already started spiralling out of control (in a good way for investors), Jaypee however is a different beast - its not a simple 1000 unit project that you can predict and say it will rise once its RTM

The critical mass can come on various triggers or even a combination - Pavilion Court becomes RTM, 2-3 GC properties are RTM, people start living in PC etc and rave about the living experience, some mass movement happens in Kosmos/Klassic in the non GC area - just too many ifs and buts. These are also tied into the macro economic situation around

So, my apologies - I cant really predict when the jump in Jaypee properties will come and which triggers will in reality kickstart the jump.

Suggestion as above is to keep evaluating price values by having some trusty brokers feeding you periodically and reading on IREF :)

ALL - anyone want to take a guess on price triggers in WT. My own sense is that PC handover alone will not be enough to really drive things forward (though will be glad to be proved wrong)

I think Kalyspo and Imperial handover will be the key trigger as people can compare it with other projects and will put an end to questions like: We don't know when and if Jaypee will deliver how will things look like etc etc.

Plus these two projects are really extra ordinary if you see the sample flats, views etc and then question will come why xyz and why not kalyspo... and a price rediscovery will start and those who can't afford will start looking at some nearby soon to be delivered properties...
    CommentQuote
  • Raman ji you hold investment in which project? Remind me plz..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by akash.g
    Raman ji you hold investment in which project? Remind me plz..

I don't own/not planning to own kalyspo or imperial... have one kosmos... and close to finalize something on the GC side...
    CommentQuote

By when is Jaypee expected to start handing over their 1st project ?
    CommentQuote
  • a qn for all jaypee followers pls -
    ..With the increasing FAR left R & Centre isnt it unfair on Jaypee's part to keep launching new projects one after another every nook n corner..How are we tracking on how much FAR was promised and how much being used as the project seems to be getting densed with each new launch apart from the Intergrated township delivery being pushed by another 4 easy years with each project being launched...How much is the total planned FAR by the way?

PS - I plan to invest in JP golf facing projects a year or two down the line when the time is right for cherry pickin..But not sure how much green will be left by then...was looking at the layout and noted bloody constructing in midst of greens...WTH
    CommentQuote