Jaypee Greens Wishtown, Noida

Last updated: 1 week ago
8879 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Jaypee Greens Wishtown, Noida

Originally posted by dineshsays View Post
    Oh yes - good suggestion Phantom - Kube is an option. RovingEye - some people are not very keen on the location, so do consider that once
    Yes dinesh Bhai, I have read many posts on IREF saying that kube location is not good, and in the same breadth people also say that orchards location is very good.

In my honest opinion, I would either treat both projects at par, or even give kube the edge.

Kube is less congested with no towers on the west, only some farmhouses and the Yamuna.

The density of the project is better than orchards, less number of flats per acre.

The little village in the corner is as much a negative for kube as it is for orchards.

Kube has knights court, oriental kingswood villas and orchards as it neighbours. Whereas orchards has kube and KB as its neighbours.

The proximity to town centre is same.

Apart from GC views and slightly better specs, I don't see much more USP in orchards over kube to justify the price diff. And if GC view is the criteria, there are many flats in kube which qualify as much GC view as Orchards. So you can compare between them and see which is better value for money.
    Last edited July 19 2012, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Whats the current going rate for Orchards?

Comment

Originally posted by rovingeye View Post
        Whats the current going rate for Orchards?
        4895 psqft + additional charges. Very limited inventory available in fresh though.

A good unit you can only find in resale with some premium.

Basis your requirement (1700 sqft, powder room, etc. in your post earlier), it seems your eyes are set on Orchards and somewhere you have finalized it considering various factors. Just my opinion
        Last edited July 19 2012, 03:12 PM.

Comment

No Parkar - I have not finalized anywhere at all. I think I would like those things in my living space. I can even consider a 2195 sft unit in Orachards - I was looking for that size in Sharanam once upon a time when prices were 3800 psft there.

I read your post again - you meant I have zeroed in on this project in my mind? Yeah, perhaps, given the options, this one seems pretty ok (on paper) with its specs and all.

Comment

Do you think the prices will come down to 4000 psft in a year or so?

Comment

Originally posted by rovingeye View Post
              Do you think the prices will come down to 4000 psft in a year or so?
              The orchards 2100 plan is really good, IMHO thats a smart choice 9wont this stretch your budget though) (Phantom Bro - will come on Orchards vs Kube)

But 20% correction, in Indian RE, well, I dont think so, 20% apreciation in a year and half - more likely

Again - you may have your reasons and they may well play out. Not saying it cant happen, it can - I am completely in the boat of the people who say Indian RE is overpriced as an asset class - IT IS. But does it mean it will correct therefore to meaningful valuations - I dont know but I dont think so

Comment

The orchards 2100 plan is really good, IMHO thats a smart choice 9wont this stretch your budget though) (Phantom Bro - will come on Orchards vs Kube)

But 20% correction, in Indian RE, well, I dont think so, 20% apreciation in a year and half - more likely

Again - you may have your reasons and they may well play out. Not saying it cant happen, it can - I am completely in the boat of the people who say Indian RE is overpriced as an asset class - IT IS. But does it mean it will correct therefore to meaningful valuations - I dont know but I dont think so
                Yes, it will stretch my budget. Since I'm a believer in land (for investment), I have sort of made up my mind to make a big ticket land purchase sometime soon - in a tier 4 town in Maharashtra. And whatever cash I have left over I wanted to put into a decent flat (with some help from a bank) which would be ready in a few years. Meanwhile, I will continue to rent. I dont know. I think i'll wait for a bit and see if prices do cool a little - given all the dire economic predictions that are flying around (and making sense too) etc.

Comment

I visited JP Greater Noida a few days back to see what can be expected from Wishtown. On my way back, I also made a short stop at the Wishtown marketing office. Here is a summary of the info I gathered with some of my observations.

The GN golf course is spread over 200 acres and is a championship level 18-hole course. The Wishtown Golf course is only 97 acres (18 holes) + 40 acres (9 holes) = 137 acres.

The GN golf course has been designed keeping GOLF in mind, and residential apartments & villas are built on its periphery (with the exception of the 4 Sun Court towers). The Wishtown golf course has been designed with the primary intention of selling residential units.

The membership of the JP GN golf course comes free with every purchase of real estate in JP GN. In case you sell your holding, the membership gets transferred to the new owner. In case you want to purchase a separate membership, the current rate is 21 lacs.

JP GN has a fantastic Sports Complex. You have to see it to believe it. It’s like having a Siri-fort Sports complex next to your home with top-notch facilities. The one time life membership for a family is Rs. 5 lacs and monthly membership fee is Rs. 1200. Totally worth it and would not think twice about it.

Nothing like the GN Sports complex is planned in Wishtown as of now, but the Wishtown marketing guy told that JP still has a lot of space (for example there is warehouse just south of the Jaypee Hospital) where a big sports complex could come up. Sounded a bit too vague for me to digest and even if it does comes up, I doubt it will be even a shade of the GN sports complex.

The GN villas are something really exclusive. You could compare it to a South Delhi farmhouse experience without the hassle of maintaining a farmhouse. Very quite & very private. They have a handful of villas on 500 sq yd plots which are still available. JP will construct the villa and hand it over to you in 18 months as a bare shell. The outer facade is controlled by JP and you can choose between 2-3 design options. The rate is around 5.5 cr.

You just cannot compare the GN villas with the Wishtown GC plots/villas as in Wishtown they will be surrounded by thousands of high rise apartments. I’m not sure how comfortable one will feel with a thousand eyes staring at you when one is sitting in his villa terrace.

Wishtown GC side only (incl. Kube & Orchards and excl. KB) has about 100 towers launched with inventory of around 7000+ apartments & 450+ plots/villas. Looking at their masterplan, one can see that another 60+ towers are still to be launched. So one can easily expect that another 4000-4500 apartments will be added to the total inventory over a period of 10 years.

The good part is that wishtown GC side is being built in a left to right fashion so it will become inhabitable in say about 18-24 months when Kalypso, Imperial, PC & PH will be handed over. But the famous GC views will have some eyesore points due to massive construction going on in the middle island for years to come.

My takeaways:

1. the Golf Living experience at Wishtown will not be more than 30-35% of the Greater Noida experience.

2. The Boomerang Membership is only worth if you are a golfer. Otherwise it is better to wait for the Main Sports complex to come up (if it ever does).

3. I would go for an apartment in Pebble Beach or Augusta Homes (2nd floor +) over a plot or villa because of Privacy & GC view. The plots/villas have neither.

4. I would go for a really high floor in a high-rise tower (20 floor +) to get some aloofness from the congestion & construction activity unless your apartment & tower offers genuinely good views of the GC. My take is that such units are only 10-15% of the total units which are being sold as GC view units. So either a true GC view unit or go for a really high floor.

5. Wishtown apartments are surely undervalued at present. Jaypee keeps pulling some stunts from time to time to increase the perceived value, for example, the strange pricing on their website and look at the recent launches like Boomerang, Kristal & Kasablanca. But it’s going to take a lot more from Jaypee before the market starts to price wishtown fairly. There are some genuine complex issues with respect to developing such a large township where Jaypee needs to deliver. But there are some fairly simple areas where Jaypee could make quick progress like having a responsive Customer Care department and remove the ambiguity related to basic things like club memberships, visitor parkings, etc (check the list being compiled by Dineshsays). Such information would be readily available from most other builders at the time of booking itself, but in Wishtown, buyers have to struggle (under-statement) to get even basic issues clarified. I think the problem with Jaypee is that it is too big in size for it to get these small things to work. So if I am a current owner of a Wishtown property, I can only wait and hope for this dream to the fulfilled. And in case I am currently thinking of investing in Wishtown, I would easily wait for 6 months and then reassess the situation. There is nothing on ground to suggest the prices will runaway in this period.

Comment

Phantom Menace at work ...... you hit it on the nail - Only thing JP Greater Noida lacking vis-a-vis is JP Noida is location i.e. Distance from Delhi City Center. JP Noida is manageable if 8-lane Kalindi Kunj bridge operational.In Sam Walton's words - In Real Estate only one thing works - location-location-location - JP Noida beats GN hands down

Originally posted by phantomII View Post
                    I visited JP Greater Noida a few days back to see what can be expected from Wishtown. On my way back, I also made a short stop at the Wishtown marketing office. Here is a summary of the info I gathered with some of my observations.

The GN golf course is spread over 200 acres and is a championship level 18-hole course. The Wishtown Golf course is only 97 acres (18 holes) + 40 acres (9 holes) = 137 acres.

Bingo ..... Wishtown Noida offers "bacon strips of Golf" compared to full-fledged golf course at JP GN. Please see google earth pics, posted in this thread earlier, for more details. True Golf enthusiasts should look to JP Greater Noida instead - Danda Ghumana hai - Shoshe Baji Karni hai to JP Noida will do -

The GN golf course has been designed keeping GOLF in mind, and residential apartments & villas are built on its periphery (with the exception of the 4 Sun Court towers). The Wishtown golf course has been designed with the primary intention of selling residential units.

The membership of the JP GN golf course comes free with every purchase of real estate in JP GN. In case you sell your holding, the membership gets transferred to the new owner. In case you want to purchase a separate membership, the current rate is 21 lacs.

JP GN has a fantastic Sports Complex. You have to see it to believe it. It’s like having a Siri-fort Sports complex next to your home with top-notch facilities. The one time life membership for a family is Rs. 5 lacs and monthly membership fee is Rs. 1200. Totally worth it and would not think twice about it.

Nothing like the GN Sports complex is planned in Wishtown as of now, but the Wishtown marketing guy told that JP still has a lot of space (for example there is warehouse just south of the Jaypee Hospital) where a big sports complex could come up. Sounded a bit too vague for me to digest and even if it does comes up, I doubt it will be even a shade of the GN sports complex.

Here, I disagree - Sports facilities are spread across wishtown - Both sides of Kensington Boulevard projects - Kricket, Soccer, Lawn Tennis, Basket ball, Swimming facilities etc are planned. These facilities are there in other projects as well e.g. Garden isles, Klassic, Krescent homes etc.

Mind you .... Wishtown Noida is 1162 acres township .... its not a project like in GN.

The GN villas are something really exclusive. You could compare it to a South Delhi farmhouse experience without the hassle of maintaining a farmhouse. Very quite & very private. They have a handful of villas on 500 sq yd plots which are still available. JP will construct the villa and hand it over to you in 18 months as a bare shell. The outer facade is controlled by JP and you can choose between 2-3 design options. The rate is around 5.5 cr.

You just cannot compare the GN villas with the Wishtown GC plots/villas as in Wishtown they will be surrounded by thousands of high rise apartments. I’m not sure how comfortable one will feel with a thousand eyes staring at you when one is sitting in his villa terrace.

Completely agree with you.

Wishtown GC side only (incl. Kube & Orchards and excl. KB) has about 100 towers launched with inventory of around 7000+ apartments & 450+ plots/villas. Looking at their masterplan, one can see that another 60+ towers are still to be launched. So one can easily expect that another 4000-4500 apartments will be added to the total inventory over a period of 10 years.

The good part is that wishtown GC side is being built in a left to right fashion so it will become inhabitable in say about 18-24 months when Kalypso, Imperial, PC & PH will be handed over. But the famous GC views will have some eyesore points due to massive construction going on in the middle island for years to come.

My takeaways:

1. the Golf Living experience at Wishtown will not be more than 30-35% of the Greater Noida experience.

Agree

2. The Boomerang Membership is only worth if you are a golfer. Otherwise it is better to wait for the Main Sports complex to come up (if it ever does).
                    Sports facilities are spread across wishtown - No need for dedicated Sports Complex
                    3. I would go for an apartment in Pebble Beach or Augusta Homes (2nd floor +) over a plot or villa because of Privacy & GC view. The plots/villas have neither.
                    Agree
                    4. I would go for a really high floor in a high-rise tower (20 floor +) to get some aloofness from the congestion & construction activity unless your apartment & tower offers genuinely good views of the GC. My take is that such units are only 10-15% of the total units which are being sold as GC view units. So either a true GC view unit or go for a really high floor.
                    Agree
                    5. Wishtown apartments are surely undervalued at present. Jaypee keeps pulling some stunts from time to time to increase the perceived value, for example, the strange pricing on their website and look at the recent launches like Boomerang, Kristal & Kasablanca. But it’s going to take a lot more from Jaypee before the market starts to price wishtown fairly. There are some genuine complex issues with respect to developing such a large township where Jaypee needs to deliver. But there are some fairly simple areas where Jaypee could make quick progress like having a responsive Customer Care department and remove the ambiguity related to basic things like club memberships, visitor parkings, etc (check the list being compiled by Dineshsays). Such information would be readily available from most other builders at the time of booking itself, but in Wishtown, buyers have to struggle (under-statement) to get even basic issues clarified. I think the problem with Jaypee is that it is too big in size for it to get these small things to work. So if I am a current owner of a Wishtown property, I can only wait and hope for this dream to the fulfilled. And in case I am currently thinking of investing in Wishtown, I would easily wait for 6 months and then reassess the situation. There is nothing on ground to suggest the prices will runaway in this period.
                    Completely Agree
                    Last edited July 22 2012, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Just some basic facts

1) 50% correction, requires 100% healing.

2) Vice versa a 100% appreciation requires only 50% knock.
                      Digvijay

Comment

Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X