What do you guys think about Jaypee Greens Wishtown - NOIDA? Is this a good time to buy? Is Wishtown a good investment?

Cheers! :)
Read more
Reply
7925 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by bhuwan


    Did lenders file case against jaypee for liquadation in NCLT ?


    Jaiprakash associates has become the regular account with the banks having NPA Tag gone after debt repayment n creation of land SPV.

    Jaypee infra case will also be restructured n having huge land bank will easily find solution to its debt problems. If lenders can create SPV for JAL then there is no logic for no doing this for JIL.JIL has even more land bank than JAL n yamuna expressway. Ppl should apply common sense which is not common though.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by aONEinvestor


    Jaiprakash associates has become the regular account with the banks having NPA Tag gone after debt repayment n creation of land SPV.

    Jaypee infra case will also be restructured n having huge land bank will easily find solution to its debt problems. If lenders can create SPV for JAL then there is no logic for no doing this for JIL.JIL has even more land bank than JAL n yamuna expressway. Ppl should apply common sense which is not common though.

    If the solution is so easy, why wasn't it found until RBI directed banks to file bankruptcy petition against JP infratech and why is JP management completely silent about JIL ? Most of JP's assets have already been taken over by banks.What specific unencumbered land banks does JIL and where is the buyer for it ? Or has any bank stated they are willing to take it over in lieu of debt ?

    Hope is not a strategy , especially not hoping to fool people with blatant untruths.
    CommentQuote
  • Rbi has not directed anyone to liquidate the 12 compaines. That is a possible outcome if no resolution plan can be worked up. I would request all members to state facts and not resort to fear mongering as it does not help any of the impacted people. It's easy for anyone sitting on the fence to provide words of wisdom and harsh criticism but in the end it needs to be backed up by facts. Also it is not lost on other members that some of the contributors take sadistic pleasure in bashing Jaypee while the situation is not too different for other real estate developers. It does not take a science degree, far less a PHD to know that in difficult times good citizens provide others hope, show empathy and suggest solutions. Redeculing those who are stuck in this situation is neither dignified nor rational. I hope good sense shall prevail and we can get back to sharing facts and constructive discussion.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Vbb128
    Rbi has not directed anyone to liquidate the 12 compaines. That is a possible outcome if no resolution plan can be worked up. I would request all members to state facts and not resort to fear mongering as it does not help any of the impacted people. It's easy for anyone sitting on the fence to provide words of wisdom and harsh criticism but in the end it needs to be backed up by facts. Also it is not lost on other members that some of the contributors take sadistic pleasure in bashing Jaypee while the situation is not too different for other real estate developers. It does not take a science degree, far less a PHD to know that in difficult times good citizens provide others hope, show empathy and suggest solutions. Redeculing those who are stuck in this situation is neither dignified nor rational. I hope good sense shall prevail and we can get back to sharing facts and constructive discussion.

    No one has said RBI has directed banks to liquidate companies , only that it has directed them to initiate bankruptcy proceedings.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.in/2017/06/14/rbi-pushes-12-biggest-defaulters-into-bankruptcy-proceedings-he_a_22188849/

    Get your own facts right before requesting others to do so.

    Noida does have many third rate developers, but not all of them are facing possible bankruptcy.
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • Vbb1282 years ago
      Truenity
      Truenity
      New Member
      Join Date: Sep 2016 Posts: 535
      Re : Jaypee Greens Wishtown, Noida
      Originally posted by bhuwan

      Did lenders file case against jaypee for liquadation in NCLT ?
      I don't know, but unless they want to violate the directives from the RBI, I am guessing at some point they will.
  • Originally Posted by Truenity

    If the solution is so easy, why wasn't it found until RBI directed banks to file bankruptcy petition against JP infratech and why is JP management completely silent about JIL ? Most of JP's assets have already been taken over by banks.What specific unencumbered land banks does JIL and where is the buyer for it ? Or has any bank stated they are willing to take it over in lieu of debt ?

    Hope is not a strategy , especially not hoping to fool people with blatant untruths.


    Did jaypee infra become a penny stock like lanco infra after RBI directive on 12th June ?
    How much did JIL appretiate after 12th June ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bhuwan


    Did jaypee infra become a penny stock like lanco infra after RBI directive on 12th June ?
    How much did JIL appretiate after 12th June ?

    I have observed and commented on the pump and dump phenomenon and how an increase in the share price can reflect increase in volatility rather than any fundamental factors.

    How much returns have those who invested in JIL's IPO made during a period which the Nifty doubled ? At least JP Wishtown investors can consider themselves lucky that they did not subscribe to JIL's IPO.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Truenity

    I have observed and commented on the pump and dump phenomenon and how an increase in the share price can reflect increase in volatility rather than any fundamental factors.

    Why jaypee stocks only rose by more than 100% and case not yet filed with NCLT even after 28 days of RBI directive ?
    Any other stock from the 12 companies shortlisted by RBI has similar performance in last 1 month ? What can be the reason ?

    Originally Posted by Truenity

    How much returns have those who invested in JIL's IPO made during a period which the Nifty doubled ? At least JP Wishtown investors can consider themselves lucky that they did not subscribe to JIL's IPO.

    Do not deviate from debate..


    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Truenity

    If the solution is so easy, why wasn't it found until RBI directed banks to file bankruptcy petition against JP infratech and why is JP management completely silent about JIL ? Most of JP's assets have already been taken over by banks.What specific unencumbered land banks does JIL and where is the buyer for it ? Or has any bank stated they are willing to take it over in lieu of debt ?

    Hope is not a strategy , especially not hoping to fool people with blatant untruths.


    For JP investors....sadly hope is the only strategy!
    Good choice of words @Truenity
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bhuwan

    Why jaypee stocks only rose by more than 100% and case not yet filed with NCLT even after 28 days of RBI directive ?
    Any other stock from the 12 companies shortlisted by RBI has similar performance in last 1 month ? What can be the reason ?


    Do not deviate from debate..




    How does wishtown or JIL benefit from increased share prices?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bhuwan

    Why jaypee stocks only rose by more than 100% and case not yet filed with NCLT even after 28 days of RBI directive ?
    Any other stock from the 12 companies shortlisted by RBI has similar performance in last 1 month ? What can be the reason ?


    Do not deviate from debate..



    I have no idea why JP shares rose, but as I have already explained, the stock of a distressed company is essentially an option and options become more valuable with uncertainty. It is also a great environment for pump and dump operators to operate.

    I don't have any inside information on what is going on between RBI, banks and JP, but JP management itself has not said a thing on JIL, while giving many smiling interviews about JAL. Essar has challenged its bankruptcy petition in court and it is possible operational details are being finetuned before other petitions are filled. If you have any authentic information that JIL is being let off and for some reason Mr Manoj Gaur and Mr Sameer Gaur have not shared this even after being asked specifically , why don't you share it ? In any case, how will it release even a single paisa for the competition of Wishtown ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by raabta


    For JP investors....sadly hope is the only strategy!
    Good choice of words @Truenity


    For Jaypee Basher....sadly hope semms to be crumbling down!!!

    Just Wait... even Jaypee basher will throw their towel after newsbreak!!! 😀😀
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by aONEinvestor


    For Jaypee Basher....sadly hope semms to be crumbling down!!!

    Just Wait... even Jaypee basher will throw their towel after newsbreak!!! 😀😀

    I hope you are aware that trading on, and in some cases even disseminating material non public information is a crime .

    @MANOJa ji,

    Someone is suggesting he or she has access to inside information which will affect the price of a stock. I don't know if he is bluffing , but I am not sure if you want your forum used for disseminating true or false stock tips and rumors.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by raabta


    How does wishtown or JIL benefit from increased share prices?


    Understand the mechanics of debt resolution-

    ~FCCB conversion happens n Debt become equity

    ~Infusion of equity by promoters or banks happen at higher share price means more debt becomes equity so overall debt burden reduces substantially

    ~New or Strategic buyers r lured for investment in company which further reduces debt.

    ~morale n confidence of every stakeholder increases looking at stock performance means better productivity or higher credit from supplier or contractors..... Go into human pshycology

    Hope it clarifies
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • Raojee2 years ago
      This is the stupidest thing I ever heard.
  • Originally Posted by aONEinvestor


    Understand the mechanics of debt resolution-

    ~FCCB conversion happens n Debt become equity

    ~Infusion of equity by promoters or banks happen at higher share price means more debt becomes equity so overall debt burden reduces substantially

    ~New or Strategic buyers r lured for investment in company which further reduces debt.

    ~morale n confidence of every stakeholder increases looking at stock performance means better productivity or higher credit from supplier or contractors..... Go into human pshycology

    Hope it clarifies

    Hahahaha, the conversion price for FCCB is around 80 rupees. Keep dreaming. Nobody is putting equity in this junk at 80 rupees.

    In any case, you are talking about JAL. It is JIL that, according to Noida website, is responsible for all the Wishtown projects.
    CommentQuote
  • Memory of some members r weak so just wanna remind them one news.... One part has happened wrt Jaiprakash Associates n just wait for Jaypee infratech announcement

    Now decide who is lying balatant!!! 😀😀😀

    I know some ppl will have big heartbreak after their expose. 😀😀😀

    Jaypee offers 2,200-acre land to banks for loan settlement Prabhakar Sinha | TNN | 19 hours ago




      NEW DELHI: With cash flow down to a trickle, Jaiprakash Associates (JAL) and Jaypee Infra are offering land parcels of around 2,200 acres to banks in a bid to buy peace with lenders and settle most of its loans.
      Banks have shown willingness to take over land parcels to avoid putting a non-performing asset (NPA) tag on the two Jaypee group companies. No project has been launched on these lands so far.

      An NPA tag will force banks to set aside funds for potential losses, known as provisioning, and impact their finances. For the company, it will make virtually impossible to raise fresh loans.

      The pressure from banks has already forced the Jaypee Group to shed several cash-generating assets, such as power and cement projects, but they have not been sufficient to settle its mammoth debt of Rs 37,000 crore at a time when both companies are incurring losses.

      Jaypee has launched a township project - Wish Town - in Noida (Uttar Pradesh) on 1,200 acres of land. Though the company has started giving possession, all the projects are running behind schedule. JAL is now negotiating with lenders to sell its land parcel to settle loans of Rs 10,000 crore. Jaypee Infra is aiming to settle Rs 7,000 crore worth of loans. After this, both the companies would be left with "manageable debt" - around Rs 3,000 crore on JAL and Rs 2,000 crore on Jaypee Infra, said a banker.


      To address the concern over banks having to pay the stamp duty on purchase of land, the company is looking to transfer the land into a separate company, which will then be acquired by lenders under the SARFAESI Act that deals with bad debt.

      JAL has sold Nirman Sadan, along with commercial space and 250 acres of land parcel on the Yamuna Expressway, for around Rs 2,700 crore to Axis Bank. "The group has shown its serious intent to reduce loan," the company said.

      The Jaypee Group refused to comment on land deals, saying, "We do not comment on market speculation." In response to a question related to handover of its headquarters, a Jaypeee spokesperson said: "We remain committed to reduce debt by taking measures to the satisfaction of all stakeholders.''

      After the entire restructuring exercise is completed, JAL would be left with annual cement capacity of 10.6 million tonnes and land parcels in Sports City on Yamuna Expressway.

      Jaypee Infra will have land holding on Yamuna Expressway in Jevar near Greater Noida and Agra. The company also owns and operates the Noida-Agra Yamuna Expressway. A majority of the Rs 15,000 crore raised through the sale of the cement business to Ultratech will be used to repay loans and banks are ready to reschedule interest payments to ensure that they don't turn into an NPA.
      To address the concern over banks having to pay the stamp duty on purchase of land, the company is looking to transfer the land into a separate company, which will then be acquired by lenders under the SARFAESI Act that deals with bad debt.

      JAL has sold Nirman Sadan, along with commercial space and 250 acres of land parcel on the Yamuna Expressway, for around Rs 2,700 crore to Axis Bank. "The group has shown its serious intent to reduce loan," the company said.

      The Jaypee Group refused to comment on land deals, saying, "We do not comment on market speculation." In response to a question related to handover of its headquarters, a Jaypeee spokesperson said: "We remain committed to reduce debt by taking measures to the satisfaction of all stakeholders.''

      After the entire restructuring exercise is completed, JAL would be left with annual cement capacity of 10.6 million tonnes and land parcels in Sports City on Yamuna Expressway.

      Jaypee Infra will have land holding on Yamuna Expressway in Jevar near Greater Noida and Agra. The company also owns and operates the Noida-Agra Yamuna Expressway. A majority of the Rs 15,000 crore raised through the sale of the cement business to Ultratech will be used to repay loans and banks are ready to reschedule interest payments to ensure that they don't turn into an NPA.
      To address the concern over banks having to pay the stamp duty on purchase of land, the company is looking to transfer the land into a separate company, which will then be acquired by lenders under the SARFAESI Act that deals with bad debt.

      JAL has sold Nirman Sadan, along with commercial space and 250 acres of land parcel on the Yamuna Expressway, for around Rs 2,700 crore to Axis Bank. "The group has shown its serious intent to reduce loan," the company said.

      The Jaypee Group refused to comment on land deals, saying, "We do not comment on market speculation." In response to a question related to handover of its headquarters, a Jaypeee spokesperson said: "We remain committed to reduce debt by taking measures to the satisfaction of all stakeholders.''

      After the entire restructuring exercise is completed, JAL would be left with annual cement capacity of 10.6 million tonnes and land parcels in Sports City on Yamuna Expressway.

      Jaypee Infra will have land holding on Yamuna Expressway in Jevar near Greater Noida and Agra. The company also owns and operates the Noida-Agra Yamuna Expressway. A majority of the Rs 15,000 crore raised through the sale of the cement business to Ultratech will be used to repay loans and banks are ready to reschedule interest payments to ensure that they don't turn into an NPA.
      To address the concern over banks having to pay the stamp duty on purchase of land, the company is looking to transfer the land into a separate company, which will then be acquired by lenders under the SARFAESI Act that deals with bad debt.

      JAL has sold Nirman Sadan, along with commercial space and 250 acres of land parcel on the Yamuna Expressway, for around Rs 2,700 crore to Axis Bank. "The group has shown its serious intent to reduce loan," the company said.

      The Jaypee Group refused to comment on land deals, saying, "We do not comment on market speculation." In response to a question related to handover of its headquarters, a Jaypeee spokesperson said: "We remain committed to reduce debt by taking measures to the satisfaction of all stakeholders.''

      After the entire restructuring exercise is completed, JAL would be left with annual cement capacity of 10.6 million tonnes and land parcels in Sports City on Yamuna Expressway.

      Jaypee Infra will have land holding on Yamuna Expressway in Jevar near Greater Noida and Agra. The company also owns and operates the Noida-Agra Yamuna Expressway. A majority of the Rs 15,000 crore raised through the sale of the cement business to Ultratech will be used to repay loans and banks are ready to reschedule interest payments to ensure that they don't turn into an NPA.
      To address the concern over banks having to pay the stamp duty on purchase of land, the company is looking to transfer the land into a separate company, which will then be acquired by lenders under the SARFAESI Act that deals with bad debt.

      JAL has sold Nirman Sadan, along with commercial space and 250 acres of land parcel on the Yamuna Expressway, for around Rs 2,700 crore to Axis Bank. "The group has shown its serious intent to reduce loan," the company said.

      The Jaypee Group refused to comment on land deals, saying, "We do not comment on market speculation." In response to a question related to handover of its headquarters, a Jaypeee spokesperson said: "We remain committed to reduce debt by taking measures to the satisfaction of all stakeholders.''

      After the entire restructuring exercise is completed, JAL would be left with annual cement capacity of 10.6 million tonnes and land parcels in Sports City on Yamuna Expressway.

      Jaypee Infra will have land holding on Yamuna Expressway in Jevar near Greater Noida and Agra. The company also owns and operates the Noida-Agra Yamuna Expressway. A majority of the Rs 15,000 crore raised through the sale of the cement business to Ultratech will be used to repay loans and banks are ready to reschedule interest payments to ensure that they don't turn into an NPA.
    CommentQuote