What do you guys think about Jaypee Greens Wishtown - NOIDA? Is this a good time to buy? Is Wishtown a good investment?

Cheers! :)
Read more
8001 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by raabta

Shares have risks associated with them, and everyone is aware of these risks.

None of the agreements which buyers signed with JP had a clause that we would take money and give you nothing.

Equating shares and residential investment is ........
    No one who buys a stock signs an agreement saying that she is prepared for the share price to go to zero.

Property investment, like all other investment, has risks associated with it and anyone who is not stupid is aware of these risks.
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • shalumani9 months ago
      I am beginning to understand why you were banned from IREF. You make too much sense.
  • Hi

I would like to know if we get any acknowledgement mail once we mail form F to IRP?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Truenity
    No one who buys a stock signs an agreement saying that she is prepared for the share price to go to zero.

Property investment, like all other investment, has risks associated with it and anyone who is not stupid is aware of these risks.

Investments in Stock Market comes with market risks. Its clearly mentioned in certificates/agreements of Stocks/Bond purchases.

Where does it mention in Allotment letter of House that delivery is subject to market risk?

And come on, you know buying a house is not equatable to buying a stock.
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • shalumani9 months ago
      So, if someone invest in a project by an almost bankrupt builder, or with a builder that is struggling to pay the 10 year land installment, what would you call that? "I knew but I was too greedy" risk?
  • Originally Posted by Bharatiya

Investments in Stock Market comes with market risks. Its clearly mentioned in certificates/agreements of Stocks/Bond purchases.

Where does it mention in Allotment letter of House that delivery is subject to market risk?

And come on, you know buying a house is not equatable to buying a stock.

Bhartiya Bhai...a person can understand only if he is ready to listen.
    CommentQuote
  • A lesson for middle class. Don't ever buy u/c property. Don't trust the Govt or any regulator to safeguard your rights. There is no rule of law in this country. RERA has no teeth. Insolvency act is flawed. It has no safeguards for home buyers of RE companies. RERA doesn't cover many projects as states have diluted regulations. Many states haven't even appointed RERA regulator. When builder doesn't deliver your home, you can't do anything. When builder goes to Bankruptcy, Govt will have sympathy with you, but won't do anything.

People should buy RE only RTM so that no risks are involved.
    CommentQuote
    A lesson for middle class. Don't ever buy u/c property. Don't trust the Govt or any regulator to safeguard your rights. There is no rule of law in this country. RERA has no teeth. Insolvency act is flawed. It has no safeguards for home buyers of RE companies. RERA doesn't cover many projects as states have diluted regulations. Many states haven't even appointed RERA regulator. When builder doesn't deliver your home, you can't do anything. When builder goes to Bankruptcy, Govt will have sympathy with you, but won't do anything.

True. Those who know are also saying that all that is happening today in terms of Jaypee insolvency is pre-planned. Govt is fully on board and sab kuch 2019 ko mind mein rakh kar ho raha hai. Some sort of deal...
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • shalumani9 months ago
      "those who know", or those who know nothing and are just making up conspiracy theories?

I am now waiting for a WhatsApp message to be circulated describing the conspiracy in detail.
  • Rise and fall of RE market -

200X - 2017.

Gradual pick up and reaching its peak in 2012-2013. Gradual slowdown and finally crashed in 2016-2017. Incomplete towers. Ghost towns. Wasted land banks. Project delayed in some cases to eternity. Bankrupt Builders. Shattered dreams of buyers.
    CommentQuote
    2 Comments
    • flatowner29 months ago
      also add poor construction quality, buyers are forced to live in unregistered house illegally since builders defaulted to NA.
  • Originally Posted by Truenity
    This is not a govt project, so the question of abandoning it doesn't arise. Many mom and pop investors also bought JP Associates shares at 300 and have lost their shirts. Should the government bail them out as well ? The government can't conjure up money out of thin air. It will ultimately have to come from the taxpayers' pockets. The economy will stop functioning if no enterprise is allowed to fail.

I pay big money to government as taxes every year and I will not vote for this government again if they used my (taxpayer's) money to bailout real estate speculators who are stuck in Jaypee projects.

Yes, everyone who puts money on new launch and under-construction projects is a speculator only because he is speculating that after taking money, builder will deliver what he is promising. When people were booking in JP Wishtown, they already knew that builder's earlier project in Greater Noida was delayed by a long period. Still they were foolish enough to fall for the tall claims of builder and his agents.

In 2012, I saw people on this forum rushing to book Unitech's new project launch - Anthea floors in Gurgaon. MD of the company was in Tihar jail for 2G scam but that was not enough to dissuade stupid speculators from booking in that project. Now same speculators are looking for relief from courts and government.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

If we (taxpayers) bail out speculators in Jaypee projects today, then tomorrow speculators of other builders like Unitech, BPTP, DLF, Emaar MGF, 3C, Parsvnath, Omaxe etc. etc. will be shouting on roads demanding bailouts. All of these builders have projects that were launched 7-12 years back.

CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • rareal9 months ago
      Your anger is understandable, but completely misplaced. You are pretending as if you were ignorant of the crony capitalism that is prevalent in the country. This is bound to happen when the vicious cycle breaks.
  • Originally Posted by sachdeva51

I pay big money to government as taxes every year and I will not vote for this government again if they used my (taxpayer's) money to bailout real estate speculators who are stuck in Jaypee projects.

Sir, if you find wastage of taxpayer money so offensive, than you should stop paying taxes right now.

Your tax money is used to pay 7th commission pay hikes to Babus that don't deserve. Many of them have bankrupted our PSUs. Your tax money is used to provide perks to Politicians and Babus - like free Cars, Air travel, Cuisines, accommodation etc.

By the way, Politicians have given thousands and thousands of crores of Loan waivers to Farmers. Every year Govt waives 1000s of crore of Agriculture loans when Farmers take to the streets. Just 3 states UP, Punjab and Maharashtra have given 77000 crore (greater than entire JP debt!!) loan waiver for farmers. And you can do nothing about it. Why don't you stop paying tax already?
    CommentQuote
    A lesson for middle class. Don't ever buy u/c property. Don't trust the Govt or any regulator to safeguard your rights. There is no rule of law in this country. RERA has no teeth. Insolvency act is flawed. It has no safeguards for home buyers of RE companies. RERA doesn't cover many projects as states have diluted regulations. Many states haven't even appointed RERA regulator. When builder doesn't deliver your home, you can't do anything. When builder goes to Bankruptcy, Govt will have sympathy with you, but won't do anything.

It is buyer on one side and group of crooks on the other.

Buy only RTM with OC. Never ever trust a builder, authority, government, banks or broker.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sachdeva51

Yes, everyone who puts money on new launch and under-construction projects is a speculator only because he is speculating that after taking money, builder will deliver what he is promising. When people were booking in JP Wishtown, they already knew that builder's earlier project in Greater Noida was delayed by a long period. Still they were foolish enough to fall for the tall claims of builder and his agents.

In 2012, I saw people on this forum rushing to book Unitech's new project launch - Anthea floors in Gurgaon. MD of the company was in Tihar jail for 2G scam but that was not enough to dissuade stupid speculators from booking in that project. Now same speculators are looking for relief from courts and government.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

If we (taxpayers) bail out speculators in Jaypee projects today, then tomorrow speculators of other builders like Unitech, BPTP, DLF, Emaar MGF, 3C, Parsvnath, Omaxe etc. etc. will be shouting on roads demanding bailouts. All of these builders have projects that were launched 7-12 years back.

Sir...itna serious kyun, fake taxi bill to aap lagate hi ho, restaurant ke bhi laga dena :)
    CommentQuote
    0 Comments
    • amit13329 months ago
      As per current instructions, Jaypee home buyers will not have to fill up any claim forms as earlier mandated to do the same on or before 24 August.
  • These insolvency proceedings are nothing to be surprised about. Everyone knew about it and were warned multiple times. But most people were either living in denial or where stooges of Jaypee who had money to make by exploiting the gullible middle class. Some of the stooges even went overboard by copy pasting articles about Mr Manoj Gaur and his so called ethics, struggles, dreams, intentions..etc etc. Now what's going to happen is that first the secured creditors will get their due which are banks. Homeowners, not matter how much media bytes they get or how much they are promised by politicians will still be last in the food chain. Even though my heart goes out to the homeowners, but still legally they can't do much. Wishtown will be completed somehow that's for sure, but when?? That's the big question . And they won't be getting any refunds that's for sure. Because there is no legal precedent for that. If government legally interferes and gives homeowners their due, then it will open a can of worms which no one wants to even dream about. Because 30,000 votes don't matter in the bigger picture. And out of these,30k distressed people, probably only 1000 or so would have voted. They are not vote bank, only tax bank.
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • asingla8 months ago
      Jaypee has much more assets than debt and if that was not the case, Jaypee stock would have crashed long ago. There are smart people sitting in stock market and looking at stock price, they don't see any chance of company insolvency. People can correct me here but if a company is dissolved, the value of stocks is zero. Even by current valuation of stocks, the combined Jaypee group Mcap is more than 13K Crores .. So relax guys, Jaypee is not going anywhere and neither are the flats booked by you. Don't sell your units for dirt cheap price as Jaypee location is still awsum and so is the construction quality etc. All builders are guilty of over estimating the consumption and paying the price for that.. With no new launches since long time now, most oversupply is consumed and there is enough demand at current possession rate... Best time to invest in Jaypee flats/plots if you are getting a distress deal..
  • Most people here are not very knowledgeable about bankruptcy law. They are only driven by rhetorics and emotions. Till a couple of weeks ago, many were arguing about jaypees future and how they see light at the end of the tunnel. Some were even quoting rise in stock prices. That was really hilarious but one should remember that when u fight with pigs, you get dirty and they enjoy it.
    CommentQuote
  • Welcome back ;-) .
    CommentQuote
  • Critique people and make fun of them, call them stupid - The very core of democracy.
    CommentQuote