What do you guys think about Jaypee Greens Wishtown - NOIDA? Is this a good time to buy? Is Wishtown a good investment?

Cheers! :)
Read more
8001 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Venkytalks
    Nice pictures, Dinesh.

Pavillion courts exterior looks a little disappointing - very old fashioned look, like the 70s and 80s Mumbai flats. Not at all modern or smart.

Maybe because it is over 6 years old - but still, a few last minute changes in the paint combo and finishing textures could have made a huge difference.

Hi Venky - I might be wrong here but a couple of coats of paint are still left - this is still base paint (correct me guys if I am wrong) - second they will put in curtain glazing where you see the large picture window protruding out, this should add some more pizzazz to this. I also saw what looked like an amphitheatre around PH1 - which seemed like an interesting touch.I think its now a matter of 10-12 weeks when the first of these gets ready for posession. Late 2012 is now a reality
    CommentQuote
  • Dinesh - Some people here have expressed concerns on the final quality of PC/PH... do you agree with those?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by RamanT
    Dinesh - Some people here have expressed concerns on the final quality of PC/PH... do you agree with those?

I normally put by comments very directly but here I will caveat my response for two reasons - first I have not seen the recent developments in PC/PH but I did go just when the sample flat was being setup and second - the whole PC aspect is going to be ready in a matter of weeks. There may be some texture/paint changes which may alter things a bit

Now lets go back 2-3 years when there was a sample flat of only PC in the WT marketing office - from there till now the PLAN has NOT changed, I will give that to Jaypee

However - I believe that the final fittings, paintwork and overall feel of the new sample flat is poorer than what I remember the original flat was.

From an exterior standpoint also if you go to the customer care area the pictures of PC are much better and modern than the actual product is coming out to be

The faults of the PC 3 BHK (which have always been there viz small balconies, small dining and modular kitchen and the kitchen not having a direct window (it has to depend on a chimney via the dining room into the large picture window) have been discussed before

So overall I think I am at about 70 - 75% on a satisfaction index on PC

PH - too early to speculate, lets wait for that.
    CommentQuote
  • PC/PH quality hopefully should not be bad. Lot has been said about JP's quality in defense to delays.

Lot of expectations ridding.... First project in WT on GC side to be delivered. Will surely be a trigger for remaining WT rates as people will relate to what quality they can expect.
    CommentQuote
  • Excellent work Dinesh...planning to cover non-GC side of WT anytime soon?
    CommentQuote
  • I had gone to jaypee for payment of my installment. Had some free time so drove around wishtown .Unfortunately i didn't have my camera , so no photos. Anyways Dinesh bhai , has put up a superb analysis with photos and comments , i really can't add much to that , Dinesh , You Da Man :) .

My observations are as follows.

Went to pavilion court first , towers no 1-4 are in a fairly advanced stage , tower no.4 in particular is going to be ready earliest.Went into tower no. 4 and observed the following ...
    a) Lobby with granite flooring and a guard stationed there.. a toilet was also being readied in the lobby . I hope jaypee makes provisions for some sofa's and tables here , it is certainly spacious enough to accommodate them.
    b)Pop and tile work is complete for most flats , electric wiring and provisions for split ac's also done. Woodwork is going on i.e wardrobes for bedrooms and kitchens.
    c) Stonework in corridors and staircase is complete , railing's in staircase complete.Corridors are very nice and airy , lots of natural light .

Another thing i noticed was that no. of lifts differs in different towers. Small towers with 3-4 flats per floor have 2 lifts , towers with 5-6 flats per floor have 3 lifts and larger towers( 8 flats per floor) have 4 lifts.

Area was demarcated outside for visitors parking next to the guard room. Jaypee will have 3 tier security i.e At the main gate of wishtown , gate of apartment complex and lobby of each tower. At all 3 three locations, guards are present .

Also saw signs for bus stands ( as pointed out by dinesh earlier..

There is something going wrong with kube , it's still at piling stage after arnd 3 years of being launched .Orchards which was launched much later is going to be ahead of kube if this scenario continues. Thats a pity coz kube seems like a decent project with a killer 4 bedroom apartment option.

The golf course looks lovely after the rains , it's a sight for sore eyes .All around , all you see is greenery and more greenery.
    Anyone who still has reservations about wishtown should get up ( this is for all armchair critics who have never visited the area and yet make very profound and deep comments ) and go pay a visit and see for themselves how things are coming into shape.

It's a huge project , so some delays were inevitable( unfortunately the delays were much more than permissible) ,but now wishtown's character has started showing and i can picture J.P Gaur sitting in his study with a cigar in mouth , a contended smile on his face saying " I love it , when a plan comes together " .

( For fans of the A- Team , this requires no explanation . For the uninitiated , A - Team was a popular tv show which was also made into a hit movie . starring liam neeson and bradley cooper a couple of years back. This is a popular catchphrase that Col .John 'Hannibal' smith often uses in the show) :)
    CommentQuote
  • Mayank so do you think PC is exciting and it will keep bashers at Bay?
    Can it prove to be a trigger for WT?
    CommentQuote
  • I think overall disappointment is the construction pace of Kube, it was launched a 6-7 months before Orchards, and now lags a little in construction... don't know what's going in here...
    CommentQuote
  • I think Pavilion Court is going to be value for money . For people who bought initially at around 4000 for non golf and 4700 for golf facing the appreciation has been decent already. End users have suffered , for which jaypee has to take the blame , i hope they pay the penalty for the delay.

For people who are buying now at around 5400 for non golf and 6300-6500 for golf facing , i think it's a reasonable price to pay for a low density project with good specifications. Lots of people forget that it's a semi-furnished project with split ac's and woodwork and modular kitchen etc being provided by the builder . The end user will save so much hassle in getting these things done by themselves .
    As for the quality , i'm sure that it's better than any other undergoing multistoried project in wishtown( Apart from kalypso and imperial , which are in different price bracket altogether).
    I'm in the construction industry myself and i have seen the quality of fitting and raw materials being used in PC/PH . for eg.

Tiles - Kajaria
    Electric Pipes - AKG & Setia
    Water Pipes - Astral and Supreme
    Electric Panels - C&S
    Wooden board and ply - Archidply
    All the above companies are amongst the top 2-3 in thr respective fields.

Aluminium windows being used are powder coated , not plain. All external walls are of 9 inch thickness
    CommentQuote
  • Dost,

Please bura mat mananna - Just my POV -

After charging 4700 for PC - They are delivering this ????

Orchards is been sold between 4500-4900 - Should i expect the same in Orchards ?

Since when having a bus stand infront of socities becomes luxurious ?

They may be using top material but lacking in style - I am a bit concerned about these things.

Wicked
    CommentQuote
  • Dinesh Sir, Once again, If you have any price info on villas then please share.

Akash.G, Orchards - You have a very good info on this project, Can you please answer few questions -

1) Orchard Project size ( 10 acres - i guess ) ?
    2) Number of flats in total ( is it 700 or ) ?
    3) B Tower - Nose units - 2620 - are they duplex or simplex ?
    4) How much is the loading in 2620 size ?
    5) Which tower is the best ( How is tower 5 in your opinion) ?
    6) In resale - How much payment do you think must be gone by now ( 30%) ?
    7) What % of payment you think might be expected next year ( 20-30%) ?

Many Thanks in Advance.

WIcked
    CommentQuote
  • Bus stand is just ridiculous - JP surely has lost it!
    Keeping my fingers crossed for Orchards!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rajatjain
    Bus stand is just ridiculous - JP surely has lost it!
    Keeping my fingers crossed for Orchards!

Don't forget - Huge village is just stone throw away from PC. If it is a proper bus stand & there is any pedistrian route then expect 100s of villagers taking a bus from here.

not only that, I expect lot of internal staff of JP using the same bus stand.

This is bad in my opinion.

Wicked
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by wicked
    Don't forget - Huge village is just stone throw away from PC. If it is a proper bus stand & there is any pedistrian route then expect 100s of villagers taking a bus from here.

not only that, I expect lot of internal staff of JP using the same bus stand.

This is bad in my opinion.

Wicked

By that logic should hold even for kalyspo as Kalyspo also has a similar bus stand board closeby and moreover Jaypee employees would use that bus stand as it is near to the office..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by RamanT
    By that logic should hold even for kalyspo as Kalyspo also has a similar bus stand board closeby and moreover Jaypee employees would use that bus stand as it is near to the office..

Is it ??? I dunno that.

Having a bus stand near village is big problem then anywhere else.

Please go to any sector / area where you have village near by and see the bus stand. you will get the picture.

Wicked
    CommentQuote