What do you guys think about Jaypee Greens Wishtown - NOIDA? Is this a good time to buy? Is Wishtown a good investment?

Cheers! :)
Read more
8001 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by wicked
    As expected....very balanced views.

Wicked

Agreed that we should not go extreme side. I was compel to do that since wicked compared Pavilion Cort to chawl. Anyway, my focus was high density of Orchards. I still feel so many 38 floors tower will make it poor golf property.
    CommentQuote
  • Galat jawab ! Aapki yeh lifeline bhee waste gayi.
    Sahi jawaab hai : highrise with gap between towers is better as it gives a feel of more space. Moreover since orchards is a bit far from Golf the higher views will be better.
    CommentQuote
  • Higher buildings with good exteriors n maintenance looks better than 15-20 floors building...
    See singapore, see new york.. Beauty of the citt lies in its highrises...
    Im not comparing... Just giving an example..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Damrak
    Galat jawab ! Aapki yeh lifeline bhee waste gayi.
    Sahi jawaab hai : highrise with gap between towers is better as it gives a feel of more space. Moreover since orchards is a bit far from Golf the higher views will be better.

I am sorry but could not see space between towers... Map clearly shows that between B towers, A towers are overlapping.
    CommentQuote
  • You mean these Singapore highrises

Originally Posted by akash.g
    Higher buildings with good exteriors n maintenance looks better than 15-20 floors building...
    See singapore, see new york.. Beauty of the citt lies in its highrises...
    Im not comparing... Just giving an example..
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Magadh_Pride
    You mean these Singapore highrises

These aint so bad :) - how've you been Magadh bro - long time no hear!
    CommentQuote
  • Bus Stand

Can't resist from recalling my days in Mumbai a year ago...since now shifted to noida

I lived in Bhakti Park there, which is not even a quarter size project compared to WT. The only IMAX theatre in India is located inside this project. Almost every Friday, it holds premier of some movie.

Anyway, Project was built on a village land, so builder built a chawl kinda building (one room kitchen apartment) for the village dwellers (the fishing and salt making community), which could only be accessed through bhakti park.

When I bought my tiny flat (575 Square feet) there in 2008 (no luxury whatsoever and club is pathetic on our standard), the going rate was 9000 psf.

Builder provided internal bus there for people to move since the length of project was about a kilometre. Don't know if that bus is still working.

Despite that the residents fought with authorities and got BEST bus (government) to come and ply inside the project. And they finally got it.

And here in Noida see people fighting over a bus stand, seeing it as a negative. Remarkable difference in the north and western culture. Can't help but notice it.

I know you can't compare place like Noida with Mumbai (or for that matter any other place in India), but arrangement for a public transport by a builder in a project be seen as a negative is simply ridiculous..for the record even places like Golf links, Jor Bagh in Delhi too have bus stops, just outside the most coveted addresses in Delhi.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Amit Sethi
    Can't resist from recalling my days in Mumbai a year ago...since now shifted to noida

I lived in Bhakti Park there, which is not even a quarter size project compared to WT. The only IMAX theatre in India is located inside this project. Almost every Friday, it holds premier of some movie.

Anyway, Project was built on a village land, so builder built a chawl kinda building (one room kitchen apartment) for the village dwellers (the fishing and salt making community), which could only be accessed through bhakti park.

When I bought my tiny flat (575 Square feet) there in 2008 (no luxury whatsoever and club is pathetic on our standard), the going rate was 9000 psf.

Builder provided internal bus there for people to move since the length of project was about a kilometre. Don't know if that bus is still working.

Despite that the residents fought with authorities and got BEST bus (government) to come and ply inside the project. And they finally got it.

And here in Noida see people fighting over a bus stand, seeing it as a negative. Remarkable difference in the north and western culture. Can't help but notice it.

I know you can't compare place like Noida with Mumbai (or for that matter any other place in India), but arrangement for a public transport by a builder in a project be seen as a negative is simply ridiculous..for the record even places like Golf links, Jor Bagh in Delhi too have bus stops, just outside the most coveted addresses in Delhi.

Great post - thanks for sharing bro. I think the differences are not only becuase of Delhi / Mumbai culture, there are a few other factors at play:

1. Mumbai has a better bus service than Delhi - BEST has a lot better reputation than the fearsome bluelines of Delhi. One may argue that the current crop of Green/Red DTC buses are good and thats fair - we dont see them ply in this area. What we see are blueline'esque' buses which are a real menace to man and society

2. If you must compare public transportation then compare this with Delhi Metro - had these been a metro station instead of bus stops - I assure you champagne glasses would have been out for a majority of the folks (for all the investors for sure)

3. The clientale is such that they are not public transportation users - you cant imagine someone buying 2-3 crores of property and then taking a public bus. Yes it happens in Mumbai and London even however Delhi, NCR is different in that respect - remember there are more cars in Delhi than Mumbai, Kolkatta, Chennai PUT TOGETHER

4. There has been a recent paranoia about security which is justified to a degree as well. One of Jaypee WTs promised selling point was 3 tier security. As soon as there is a public bus and villagers etc the first tier is fundamentally breached - that also is not a nice feeling.

5. There are also the investors here who worry about exclusivity and Gentry - both of which will be under threat should this become a public thoroughfare

These are my thoughts around why you saw the reaction you did - sure I've not confirmed from the folks who are welcome to add/modify my assertions
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by RamanT
    As far as I know this happened only in krescent...

Originally Posted by wicked

one of my friend is invested in Krescent - super area is already increased by 10-12%

feel free to check with anyone.

WIcked

Saw a post in KPA thread by a buyer, that he booked flat of 1525 sq ft in KPA but got PAL from Jaypee for 1605 sq. ft. It seems super area increased in KPA also.
    Also while looking for flat in Klassic Shourya, broker told that super area of 3BHK has been increased.
    Seems we will not be sure about super area till we get possession.
    CommentQuote
  • No, not bad at all- In fact if Jaypee enforces facade control, these could be a good template for folks who are buying 100 sqm plots to build their "villas"!!

Originally Posted by dineshsays
    These aint so bad :) - how've you been Magadh bro - long time no hear!
    CommentQuote
  • All of a sudden Jaypee WT projects have started creating a lot of intt. Probably as there has been minimal appreciation in the past 3/4 years when other projects have become 2X. Probably people realize JP is now catching up not to reach at par to the 2X level but to do better and reach 3X level..... and that too in 2/3 years fron now.
    ATS is presently at about 9K. In 3 years it will probably be 12K. WT might surprise all with an average rate of !$ K in a few years from now!
    Save this post and read it in 2015/16
    CommentQuote
  • I meant 14 K rate in 3/4 years
    CommentQuote
  • Satish bhai... With internal bus service like facilities, my hopes have zoomed...
    People will start comparing every builder to jaypee..
    Actually jaypee caters to all crusts of society..
    It has kosmos, it has orchards, it has kalypso, it has pebble court, it has KP plots, it has kingswood orieental... It has everything to offer...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by akash.g
    Satish bhai... With internal bus service like facilities, my hopes have zoomed...
    People will start comparing every builder to jaypee..
    Actually jaypee caters to all crusts of society..
    It has kosmos, it has orchards, it has kalypso, it has pebble court, it has KP plots, it has kingswood orieental... It has everything to offer...

:)...remember ? Onida says..."Neighbours envy, owners pride"
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by akash.g

... It has everything to offer...

Basically you get everything you wish for in a township. Every amenity.
    Thats why it's called 'Wish'Town:)
    CommentQuote