What do you guys think about Jaypee Greens Wishtown - NOIDA? Is this a good time to buy? Is Wishtown a good investment?

Cheers! :)
Read more
7925 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Grande launch was like 2007 or max 2008..or am I getting it wrong?

Jaypee has ventured into too huge a township...inherently a time taking effort. Uppar se delayed start...
    CommentQuote
  • True Sir...it is indeed 2007.

Originally Posted by VedKapoor
    Grande launch was like 2007 or max 2008..or am I getting it wrong?

Jaypee has ventured into too huge a township...inherently a time taking effort. Uppar se delayed start...
    CommentQuote
  • Another 6% increase in JPA share price today (as of this writing) - I think this has erased all losses (and then some), when the day the doomsday theory was posted a few days back.

Look, I am not saying prices will not go back down from here or will rise further - the point is most of Stock Market movements are due to a whole host of micro and macro (even Global) factors. If a cos stock falls sharply, I don't think we should jump the gun and have alarm bells out.

Neither should the recent gains be taken like - now the mcap has increased by 10% - we will see our projects being delivered 6 months earlier - that's not going to happen either

Keep the faith Ladies and Gentlemen!
    CommentQuote
  • dinesh bhai aap padhe likhe type aadmi lagte ho .. and hence i am asking even though this is the wrong thread .. unitech ke baare mein kya vichaar hai ? bankruptcy toh nahin declare kar dega ye ! ;)
    CommentQuote
  • Digvijay kindly reply to Dinesh's post.. You were copy pasting that 9% fall all over...
    Whats up now? Feeling shy?
    CommentQuote
  • Friends,

Further to Dinesh's apt comments above....

The movement in share prices of realty companies is quite indirectly related with whether the projects being executed by them will be delivered or not .....or in time or not....unless there is some catastrophic news, resulting in huge fall in prices. This 5 or 10 % fall or rise may keep happening...we guys seem to read too much into these news on a day to day basis.

Frankly, to me, the 9-10 % fall a few days ago was not a disastrous news...and now this recovery of 12 % in last 2-3 days is not a great news...both are not so relevant...the general market fell, 100s of stocks fell few days ago, and JAL fell along with it...whether a few % more or less than others...are all normal things, that keep on happening every now and then...big deal ?

It is just that, some Jaypee lovers' (read bashers) antenna picks up the -ve news with greater signal strength and is sought to be magnified.

In general, the Indian RE Companies, which are no saints, the financials as found in the books may not reflect a lot which actually might be going on...due to the presence of parallel economic factors. The other day, another Jaypee lover (do'nt need to say what to be read as) mentioned that few thousand crores of debt is outside the books (as if he saw it personally)...conveniently overlooking the fact that debts are seldom without a security back up...more so when 1000s of crores are involved...also ignoring the fact that the chances of having a few thousand crores of income not in the books are equally possible...in fact, due to the very nature of our RE..the chances of having unaccounted income are stronger than the other way round....call it safety money or back up funds to keep the show on in adverse circumstances...how else the Companies accumulate land banks?

Finally, to be fair to everybody and on a more philosophical or psychological note, Ham vohi dekhte hain, jo dekhna chahte hain...applies to us, the lovers, and them, the bashers, alike...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by trialsurvey
    dinesh bhai aap padhe likhe type aadmi lagte ho .. and hence i am asking even though this is the wrong thread .. unitech ke baare mein kya vichaar hai ? bankruptcy toh nahin declare kar dega ye ! ;)

I have serious doubts it will come to that, very serious doubts - for the foreseeable future.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dineshsays

I have serious doubts it will come to that, very serious doubts - for the foreseeable future.

good choice of words .. "serious doubts" , "foreseeable future" ! :D
    matlab chances are still there ki bankruptcy declare kar de at some point of time :P
    CommentQuote
  • Please guys...such big set ups with real asset back up...land banks at prominent places...Companies do not go down...rather, when in distress, these are bought....reasons: business model is intact, assets are precious, market is there for their products...So just chill...

delays with Unitech projects...yes...going down, no....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by VedKapoor
    Please guys...such big set ups with real asset back up...land banks at prominent places...Companies do not go down...rather, when in distress, these are bought....reasons: business model is intact, assets are precious, market is there for their products...So just chill...

delays with Unitech projects...yes...going down, no....

thanks ved bhai .. so it seems unitech sec 117 projects are also not bad looking at their lower than market resale prices :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by trialsurvey
    good choice of words .. "serious doubts" , "foreseeable future" ! :D
    matlab chances are still there ki bankruptcy declare kar de at some point of time :P

Just FYI even unitech is up 5.5% ;)

Bro - even Satyam didn't declare bankruptcy after the disaster - Unitech has very real assets (including the office I work in ;)

The Balance Sheet (a little older one sorry) is as below. From a debt asset ratio, you can see it is still very favorable. I don't think it can get insolvent - VED SIR - can you suggest looking at these number

Balance Sheet
    (Mar '12)
    (In Rs Cr)

Total Share Capital 523.26 Net Worth 9638.99 Total Debt 2515.85 Net Block 70.59 Investments 2424.81 Net Current Assets 9641.40 Total Assets 12154.83
    ps - one of my best friends brother in law works at Unitech and is very close to Sanjay Chandra. That chap is himself DESPERATELY looking for resale options in UGCC - Grande (I had mentioned that some relatives have holdings there, he has called me a few times). He doesn't want in fresh in newer inventory

These are just indirect views - I am no financial expert, would request people like Ved Sir to please comment

CommentQuote
  • Thanks Dinesh...for reminding the Satyam case...the Company was bought over by Mahindras..coz the business strength was not affected...their Customers are still being served by Mahindra...

Unitech numbers given in your post..one quick look itself suggests the Company is quite solvent and strong...rest, will ponder over these in a bit more detail and come back...btw, please aise expert mat bolo...though I understand balance sheets and have dealt with them in my career.
    CommentQuote
  • On a quick note...Manoj Gaur's statement ...read in caption on Bloomberg today...Jaypee is looking to bring in a strategic partner, with a view to pay its debt.

There you go...big names with strong asset base and business model do not go down...people pitch in to buy stakes...

So...just chill!!!
    CommentQuote
  • This means dilution of stake?
    Or fresh issue?
    CommentQuote
  • Details awaited...
    CommentQuote