What do you guys think about Jaypee Greens Wishtown - NOIDA? Is this a good time to buy? Is Wishtown a good investment?

Cheers! :)
Read more
8001 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Quick visit to WT today morning. Took a close look at imperial and pavilion heights.
    Observations:
    - Pavilion heights 1 & 4 is progressing well. For the last few months are so, construction is going at 1 floor in less than a month. PH4 tower 1, which was invisible ;) until a month back, has now reached ground floor (UB complete).
    - Massive number of laborers were at PC site. (> 100).
    - PH 2 &3 continue to disappoint with slow progress.
    - Imperial towers also progressing well. Noticed something interesting. Even though all floors have not been laid, coloring work of outer walls has started (beige & orange stripes). Can anyone think of a reason why they'd start to color the outer walls even before completing the structure?
    - Town homes are nearing structure complete, and starting to look very pretty. My friend,
    however, found the dome like roof weird, and funny.
    - Knights Court lagging behind. Surprised to see very few laborers at KC site.

Also spoke to a contractor on PC site, and a few laborers. They seemed to suggest that the focus is on completion of PC, imperial and Kalypso right now; and that KC will continue to be low priority for some more time.
    This interaction, however, needs to be taken with a pinch of salt; I don't know if contractors can have information on priority etc.

venky/others, any thoughts on why JP has started coloring the outer facade/walls before completing the structure? Is this normal?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anantv
    Quick visit to WT today morning. Took a close look at imperial and pavilion heights.
    Observations:
    - Pavilion heights 1 & 4 is progressing well. For the last few months are so, construction is going at 1 floor in less than a month. PH4 tower 1, which was invisible ;) until a month back, has now reached ground floor (UB complete).
    - Imperial towers also progressing well. Noticed something interesting. Even though all floors have not been laid, coloring work of outer walls has started (beige & orange stripes). Can anyone think of a reason why they'd start to color the outer walls even before completing the structure?
    - Town homes are nearing structure complete, and starting to look very pretty. My friend,

Also spoke to a contractor on PC site, and a few laborers. They seemed to suggest that the focus is on completion of PC, imperial and Kalypso right now; and that KC will continue to be low priority for some more time.
    This interaction, however, needs to be taken with a pinch of salt; I don't know if contractors can have information on priority etc.

venky/others, any thoughts on why JP has started coloring the outer facade/walls before completing the structure? Is this normal?

Those are just 'experimantal' stripes to gauge final colour etc. You can see Dulux and other emulsion cos printed also (my guess is they are also evaluating brands by checking longevity also )Those have been there for over 6 months now if not more

Thanks for the update though
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dineshsays
    Those are just 'experimantal' stripes to gauge final colour etc. You can see Dulux and other emulsion cos printed also (my guess is they are also evaluating brands by checking longevity also )Those have been there for over 6 months now if not more

Thanks for the update though

Ah yes. I did see Dulux written on one. I go there every month, so I guess I somehow missed them all the time.
    Thanks for the clarification,

Cheers,
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ashmaan
    Is it wise to buy a fresh unit of 2bhk in Klassic tower. where furnishing is underway. Possession time around 1.5 years at 42L(all inclusive) No PLC.. on 15th floor.. 960 sq feet.

I am new to investing. So please let me know how is the deal and what other parameter should I take care of while closing this deal.

Looks like a value buy for end-user. One has to be sure of delay in possession... i dont understand when its at furnishing stage what is keeping them till 1.5 years for providing possession ... that sounds more like unitech method ... normally phased possession starts happening within 4-6 months of furnishing activity ... and thats where lots of price action heats up as investors start exiting and end-users start moving in.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anantv
    Quick visit to WT today morning. Took a close look at imperial and pavilion heights.
    Observations:

Normally once out side is plastering finished builders will try to get a fresh coat of paint on as soon as possible to prevent moisture related contamination and also as mentioned they start testing out color combinations.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mindguru
    Looks like a value buy for end-user. One has to be sure of delay in possession... i dont understand when its at furnishing stage what is keeping them till 1.5 years for providing possession ... that sounds more like unitech method ... normally phased possession starts happening within 4-6 months of furnishing activity ... and thats where lots of price action heats up as investors start exiting and end-users start moving in.

I am aware of all the delays.. builder is quoting 9 months time, broker 1 year time.. however, since we are aware that a lot and lot construction is happening in the wishtown it self it is safe to take buffer of 6 months. So i believe 1.5 years is all it will take.

I might or might not be the end user, but I would like to keep this with me (until i get a deal jo ki mera iman badal de):D
    CommentQuote
  • I am going to book klassic in A block tomorrow, Fresh. Final price is 3875.

Any last moment though if I can get it any cheaper? (then please let me know 1-2 Lakhs matters alot) My broker aint giving any discount since only a few flats are left for fresh booking.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ashmaan
    I am going to book klassic in A block tomorrow, Fresh. Final price is 3875.

Any last moment though if I can get it any cheaper? (then please let me know 1-2 Lakhs matters alot) My broker aint giving any discount since only a few flats are left for fresh booking.

Which floor are you getting in fresh? I was told only 15+ floors are available, so I am looking for resale now. For resale, already 50-60% payment has gone, would you be required to pay 50-60% in a couple of months?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dceashish
    Which floor are you getting in fresh? I was told only 15+ floors are available, so I am looking for resale now. For resale, already 50-60% payment has gone, would you be required to pay 50-60% in a couple of months?

not couple of months ... but within a month u wud be required to pay the full amount .. unless the seller is lenient then he may allow more time
    CommentQuote
  • WT is going to take off around next Diwali or thereabouts...if you are not a trader, this is a good time to get into any of the JP projects although the upswing - in general - should happen only a couple of months down the line. Nobody can time the upswing correctly but can only malke individual calculated moves...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dceashish

payment will be based upon construction status.. as i read in other thread that you are talking about B2 block. which is not as good as A towers in terms of location and construction status.

A towers , structure is ready.. so need to pay almost 90% in 2 months. I am getting 15+ floor only :(

Resale will be cheaper and u will find better location.. go for it if u have cash.. I am taking loan.. end user .. you see..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ATJazz
    WT is going to take off around next Diwali or thereabouts...if you are not a trader, this is a good time to get into any of the JP projects although the upswing - in general - should happen only a couple of months down the line. Nobody can time the upswing correctly but can only malke individual calculated moves...

Seems WT's time has come.

Do you see the upswing happening only in apartments...or plots too would see a jump...after all, for the last one year or so these are like at static levels with minor variation in the course of the year.

Some people argue that plots in Noida on the whole are seeing a comparative lack of activity for a few months now...and WT plots are likewise showing sluggish movement...what say?
    CommentQuote
  • Jaypee Greens - Noida

One question for experts of JP - The layout of Imperial 4 bedroom appt's seems odd/unimpressive. I have seen 2 layouts is that - one being green facing nose unit with 2 bedrooms on either side of the HALL and the other, non/semi green facing with the same big HALL where the 3 bedrooms are nested together and the 4th one being near to the entrance. My question is - both layouts fail to be impress, no matter how you look at it. So, while the GC view is amazing and all, I see this as a major damper to an otherwise excellent project.

Also, in Kalypso, am not sure how the presence of 2 units of 1BHK on each floor is going to pan out for the project ! If only the 3/4 BHK ones could lap it up as their office/guest room ( I doubt)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by VedKapoor
    Seems WT's time has come.

Do you see the upswing happening only in apartments...or plots too would see a jump...after all, for the last one year or so these are like at static levels with minor variation in the course of the year.

Some people argue that plots in Noida on the whole are seeing a comparative lack of activity for a few months now...and WT plots are likewise showing sluggish movement...what say?

As a product, JP plots do not have any comparison as there are no gated plots available other than Willows in Noida and there are not going to be any in the future as well -unless NA launches a new plot scheme which seems unlikely. At present the rates of KP-1 are in general, lower by 10K for a similar plot on KP-2. This differential - I believe will become negligible once actual construction/end use homes start coming up,something that could take about 4 years ( a mere guess that I am making)

To my opinion, Kalypso and Imperial ( despite the layout imperfection (for Imperial) - according to me, and can be subjective) should see a major upswing when they are a year or so away from final possession.

As for plots, even if they are stagnant since long, they have already shot up more than any other investment during the same period of time. The next big jump should ideally happen once Kallisto and more importantly the non GC facing Oriental homes are delivered. That's when end users will see the value of having a home in KP plots.

Rest as time will tell.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ATJazz
    One question for experts of JP - The layout of Imperial 4 bedroom appt's seems odd/unimpressive. I have seen 2 layouts is that - one being green facing nose unit with 2 bedrooms on either side of the HALL and the other, non/semi green facing with the same big HALL where the 3 bedrooms are nested together and the 4th one being near to the entrance. My question is - both layouts fail to be impress, no matter how you look at it. So, while the GC view is amazing and all, I see this as a major damper to an otherwise excellent project.

Also, in Kalypso, am not sure how the presence of 2 units of 1BHK on each floor is going to pan out for the project ! If only the 3/4 BHK ones could lap it up as their office/guest room ( I doubt)

What is “odd/unimpressive” about the layout of Imperial 4 bedroom golf side? Would you care to elaborate? What do you think is missing from the layout?

I would say other than a prayer room being missing its really good. The kitchen is away from the bedrooms. My room is next to the kitchen and hate the early morning rustling by the help. The living room is big and the golf course is visible from everywhere except one room.
    CommentQuote