Collapse

Jaypee Greens Wishtown, Noida

Last updated: 3 days ago
8757 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Jaypee Greens Wishtown, Noida

It looks like there is clear articulation on this thread in recent days that people should start pouring in money into JP (either in stock or wishtown) or they stand loose out an massive opportunity.

Would like to hear the recent investments or exits in JP. Anyone willing to provide the details?

Comment

It's just that real estate activities in Wishtown have slowed down a lot. So, unemployed property dealers are now dabbling in share dalaali.

Comment

• Tindin
        Tindin commented
        Editing a comment
        Real Estate activities in Wishtown have increased quite significantly contrary to what you say.

Unfortunately you choose to push buttons while work is happening on the ground that you choose to ignore

I don't think anyone says Jaypee group or it's promoters are any saints - they hv delayed and delayed (which is true of all Noida builders - the most talked about project in IREF Lotus Panache is in much worse shape than Jaypee Kosmos for example from a completion standpoint, Zing ka to poocho hi mat)

While that in effect gives no right for Jaypee to delay, and probably the promoters need to be put behind bars for this, it is quite clear that you are ignoring the positives and only focussing on the negatives

Work has restarted in all projects is a fact, fds have been returned with interest is a fact, Jaypee is the biggest divestment story in all of corporate India is a fact, it's assets far outweigh the debt is also a fact, they have reduced debt very very significantly is also a fact, share price has increased 500 pct from lows is also a fact, wishtown fundamentals from a livibility perspective again, finally, remain a fact

Just continous bashing will not help anyone

Let's monitor work, continue building pressure on the ground and hope for the best.

Why so negative that as if it's your life's mission, morning or night?
        Last edited by Tindin; July 26 2017, 12:40 PM.

Very well summarised, Tindin.
      Do unto others as if you were the others.

Comment

Good analysis
        spreading panic in the name of some imaginary insolvancy is serving interest of some layers , who will be getting 12-15 lac legal fee from poor buyers

they know that buyers associations are sitting on heap of funds collected in the name of legal battle

Comment

Full disclosure: I own a property in JP.

I still rate the entire project to be in critical danger.

I like enthusiasm of a few members. I've supported JP WT for years in the past. But fact is that it would be wholly incorrect for anyone to say that the situation has changed drastically. Whoever says that pressure from buyers must continue is doing US a favor. It is a HUGE project which is still YEARS from delivery. JP is still a BIG defaulter & a big risk factor. Don't let anyone fool you otherwise.

We've put our sweat & blood into these properties & we cannot let a board run by incompetent businessmen - who got to their positions because of nepotism & not experience or qualifications - run our earnings & dreams into a sinkhole.

Some minor battles may have been won, but prospects of the war remain bleak.

If after 10 years of wait, JP puts labor on the field or pays some defaulted overdue installments/ payments - it does not make this mammoth defaulter of an enterprise a saint.
          We need to keep the pressure on.

What is the point of expensive properties if towers in the neighbourhood are unfinished & ghostly?
          What's the point of a Golf Course where club-house / premier towers have been under construction for eternity & will remain God knows for how long?

They took our money, blew it up. And are now struggling to fund construction. Compared to a multi-billion dollar enterprise, we as individuals are small fry. We need AT LEAST a good 2 years of solid & steady work to regain any sort of faith that WT will actually emerge anywhere close to what we were told.

Don't be fooled by anything else. The proof is in the pudding. Those who've been invested in JP for 10 years have seen how badly the investments have fared. All through this, we've been sold on the idea that 'NOW things will change for the better'. No. Things will get better when we see WT close to being finished - and even with full labour and effort that is 5-10 years away.

I regret not having invested in adjoining areas where returns in the same period have been nearly TWICE of WT.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Comment

Originally posted by disposition View Post
            Full disclosure: I own a property in JP.

I still rate the entire project to be in critical danger.

I like enthusiasm of a few members. I've supported JP WT for years in the past. But fact is that it would be wholly incorrect for anyone to say that the situation has changed drastically. Whoever says that pressure from buyers must continue is doing US a favor. It is a HUGE project which is still YEARS from delivery. JP is still a BIG defaulter & a big risk factor. Don't let anyone fool you otherwise.

We've put our sweat & blood into these properties & we cannot let a board run by incompetent businessmen - who got to their positions because of nepotism & not experience or qualifications - run our earnings & dreams into a sinkhole.

Some minor battles may have been won, but prospects of the war remain bleak.

If after 10 years of wait, JP puts labor on the field or pays some defaulted overdue installments/ payments - it does not make this mammoth defaulter of an enterprise a saint.
            We need to keep the pressure on.

What is the point of expensive properties if towers in the neighbourhood are unfinished & ghostly?
            What's the point of a Golf Course where club-house / premier towers have been under construction for eternity & will remain God knows for how long?

They took our money, blew it up. And are now struggling to fund construction. Compared to a multi-billion dollar enterprise, we as individuals are small fry. We need AT LEAST a good 2 years of solid & steady work to regain any sort of faith that WT will actually emerge anywhere close to what we were told.

Don't be fooled by anything else. The proof is in the pudding. Those who've been invested in JP for 10 years have seen how badly the investments have fared. All through this, we've been sold on the idea that 'NOW things will change for the better'. No. Things will get better when we see WT close to being finished - and even with full labour and effort that is 5-10 years away.

I regret not having invested in adjoining areas where returns in the same period have been nearly TWICE of WT.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
            Can't agree more

Comment

A story regarding RBI identified 12 cases in business today magazine

Jaypee Infratech

Jayprakash Gaur, 86, is a rare civil engineer who has lived the entire history of Indias post-independence infrastructure building. He has built his business according to one of his famous quotes: "Every time someone tried to explain to me that there are limits to what one man can do, I pointed to the boundless sky and said, there is the limit."

Pushing the limits has left Jaypee Infratech - with interests in engineering & construction, cement, power and real estate - with humongous liabilities. Bankers, led by IDBI Bank, have taken Jaypee Infratech to the NCLT for bankruptcy proceedings. The company is developing the Yamuna Expressway project between Noida and Agra with township area totalling 25 million square metres. The company did not respond to questions from Business Today.

Over the last three years, the company has been on an overdrive to sell assets - hydropower projects in Himachal Pradesh to Sajjan Jindal's JSW and cement units to Orient Cement and A.V. Birla's Ultratech. "We have always worked closely with banks. We divested and reduced liabilities according to their advice," says an executive, on condition of anonymity.

Bankers say the value of the company's assets is far more than its debt. "But the value may take a long to mature and, hence, there is a liquidity mismatch," says a banker.

There is also a view that the banks may take equity as promoters still hold a 72 per cent stake. The market capitalisation of the company is Rs 3,000 crore. But some banks might not be receptive to the idea. "Why should a bank move from a secured position to equity?" says a banker.

The company's troubles started with the National Green Tribunal's 2013 ruling staying construction within 10 km of the Okhla Bird Sanctuary. This halted construction of apartments along the Noida-Greater Noida Expressway. The revenue from real estate has fallen drastically in the last two financial years. This resulted in a 60 per cent drop in the companys revenues in 2016/17 from Rs 3,000 crore to less than Rs 1,000 crore.

The lead bank was considering taking over some assets and bringing in a new developer. "There is a huge inventory which can be sold," says a banker.

The resolution looks certain in case of Jaypee Infratech.

With inputs from Sumant Banerji

Source: http://www.businesstoday.in/magazine...ry/257134.html

Comment

The quality of the journalism is evident from the fact that the reporter did not bother to check that JIL has nothing to do with the power or cement business.

Comment

Originally posted by Truenity View Post
                  The quality of the journalism is evident from the fact that the reporter did not bother to check that JIL has nothing to do with the power or cement business.
                  This is height of negativity ...

Comment

It is quite clear the reporter hasn't done their homework and doesn't know that power and cement businesses are in other group companies, not the entity facing bankruptcy. Where is the negativity in pointing out the facts ?

Comment

Tags: None
                    Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X