What do you guys think about Jaypee Greens Wishtown - NOIDA? Is this a good time to buy? Is Wishtown a good investment?

Cheers! :)
Read more
7938 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by ansh09
    I hope I am not off-topic here. I went to the Jaypee office several days ago and after speaking to their staff and from their optimism, I could easily gauge their faith in Wish Town. At the same time, their persistence in rushing me to finalize the first deal I find regardless of my desired specs was baffling.

I was told if I do not buy property in Jaypee now, it will be too late as possession is going to start soon and prices will hugely escalate. How true do you guys think this statement is? Are the prices really going to sky-rocket by let's say 100% in the next 3-5 years?

Please understand that I am not trying to bash anyone or hurt feelings, just trying to understand the sentiments of end-users of Jaypee. I know its wishful thinking that it would be a great settlement, I would love that it is. My concern is that there are way too many high rise buildings there and it looks quite dense to be honest. As a matter of fact, most new projects are that way and density wise, its like most other projects I have seen, just larger. The fact that its dense and would ultimately seem like a concrete forest, wouldn't it be as populated as just any other metro city? Lots of car leaving the area during morning, lots coming in after school etc. You get the picture :)

Here is my suggestion - first NO it is not going to appreciate 100% in 3 years. 5 years...some pockets well could (thats still underperformance BTW)

Jaypee WT has something for everything - pockets are extremely dense and extremely open and impossible to say WT is a concrete forrest as a whole. Parts are, other parts are not.

Question is what are YOU looking out from it?
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for the quick response Dinesh ji and as always, very honest and thoughtful. Which parts do you see appreciating quickly in the intermediate term? I am sure a lot of people would appreciate your insight.

Also, you have raised a very good question - something I have not given much thought to and have been driven by perception of people driving it; either here or the people I have spoken to. I am just looking for my home and after everything I saw online and in the brochures, during my first visit there, I felt its a much more tightly packed than I expected.
    CommentQuote
    Thanks for the quick response Dinesh ji and as always, very honest and thoughtful. Which parts do you see appreciating quickly in the intermediate term? I am sure a lot of people would appreciate your insight.

Also, you have raised a very good question - something I have not given much thought to and have been driven by perception of people driving it; either here or the people I have spoken to. I am just looking for my home and after everything I saw online and in the brochures, during my first visit there, I felt its a much more tightly packed than I expected.

Sure - If you are looking for help, you'll need to answer a few questions:

- What is your budget range
    - Can you go for an all white deal (i.e. avoid Resale)
    - How long before you MUST move in

Which areas did you see which were tightly packed - like I said, some pockets are the least dense (or thereabouts) in all of Noida, others are, like you said pretty tightly packed.

Let me look for a post I put in a few months back on my outlook on Jaypee WT - not sure if my outlook is still 100% the same - but you may get an idea atleast what I think (wrong or right - time will tell)

this was the link I was referring to:

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/other-forums/nri-real-estate/186-buying-a-house-in-india-just-as-a-second-home?p=116458#post116458
    CommentQuote
  • My budget is 1cr, all white and I am flexible with the moving-in component, but 2-3 years would be preferred if not earlier.

I spent most of my time around Krescent, Kasa Isles, Kosmos and quickly drove around the central region - Kensington .

Would love to hear your outlook even though you may have a different viewpoint now. But, lots has changed in WT as I gather so its understandable, but I am sure a lot of it will be aligned to the changes gradually made there.
    CommentQuote
    My budget is 1cr, all white and I am flexible with the moving-in component, but 2-3 years would be preferred if not earlier.

I spent most of my time around Krescent, Kasa Isles, Kosmos and quickly drove around the central region - Kensington .

Would love to hear your outlook even though you may have a different viewpoint now. But, lots has changed in WT as I gather so its understandable, but I am sure a lot of it will be aligned to the changes gradually made there.

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/other-forums/nri-real-estate/186-buying-a-house-in-india-just-as-a-second-home?p=116458#post116458

let me come back.
    CommentQuote
  • looking for answers to some questions wrt to payment plan extras in wishtown gc projects

1. why is there no EDC of rs. 75 in imperial, kalypso, pavilion, knights and pebble?

2. why is there no ONE TIME LEASE RENT of rs. 50 in imperial, kalypso and pavilion?

both these items are charged in all other wishtown gc projects like orchards, kube, kristal, kasablanca etc.

does anybody know why?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by stewie
    looking for answers to some questions wrt to payment plan extras in wishtown gc projects

1. why is there no EDC of rs. 75 in imperial, kalypso, pavilion, knights and pebble?

2. why is there no ONE TIME LEASE RENT of rs. 50 in imperial, kalypso and pavilion?

both these items are charged in all other wishtown gc projects like orchards, kube, kristal, kasablanca etc.

does anybody know why?

cmon guys, these are serious questions.

how can EDC be charged for some projects and not for some? isn't it the money which has to go to noida authority? same to same with ONE TIME LEASE RENT?

koi to iss issue pe kuch roshni daaley?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by stewie
    cmon guys, these are serious questions.

how can EDC be charged for some projects and not for some? isn't it the money which has to go to noida authority? same to same with ONE TIME LEASE RENT?

koi to iss issue pe kuch roshni daaley?

What's EDC?

How do you know its not charged?

I remember there was no service tax before but they added that later once the laws changed. They added that to the ones that were sold before that law was passed. I am sure if its collected for the authority all will have to pay unless its something that is charged on sales from a certain date onwards.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Imperialnoid
    What's EDC?

How do you know its not charged?

I remember there was no service tax before but they added that later once the laws changed. They added that to the ones that were sold before that law was passed. I am sure if its collected for the authority all will have to pay unless its something that is charged on sales from a certain date onwards.

thanks imperialnoid for taking interest.

EDC stands for external development charge and IDC stands for internal development charge.

if you will see the payment plan for orchard, kube, kasablanca and kristal, you will find that both edc and idc of rs. 75 each have to be paid. and also One Time Lease Rent (OTLR) of rs. 50.

EDC and OTLR are not included in the payment plans of imperial, kaypso and pavilion.

your point could be right that jaypee starting charging these for later launches.

it would interesting to understand the basis of these heads. purely for knowledge sake.
    CommentQuote
  • Jaypee staff behave worse than Government department. I am yet to get the receipts for about Rs 48 lacs paid to them. When you go to their office for getting the receipts first they discourage by asking for your identity and misbehaving, then they will make you go there again and again. If you are still not distracted they will tell you that the receipts have been sent by them by post. When you probe further they will tell that the receipts were sent on the address on their record. When you insist on why had they not changed your address they will say that you need to apply again. When you apply there, they will refuse to give acknowledgement. Even their vice presidents namely Mr Anand, Ms Shashi Singh and Mr Ajay Gupta behave like that. These officials are even rude in their behaviour. They will ask for payment but will not provide demand letter in hard copy for which banks insist.

When you tell them that the original receipts were not received by you and were required by banks, they ask for indemnity bond for issuing duplicate receipts. I tried to know the logic of asking for indemnity bond. They say it is their rule.
    CommentQuote
  • Guys - the Nov updates are available or are being updated now - Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dineshsays
    Guys - the Nov updates are available or are being updated now - Cheers

for all projects?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by fatichar
    for all projects?

It normally takes a few hours to update for all projects - I can see for PC/PH/Krescent/Kalypso/Imperial/Kosmos/Klassic etc. Also updated for Greater Noida
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for the update. Good progress all over. Keeping my fingers crossed it stays this way.
    CommentQuote
  • Dinesh bhai,

aaj tak wishtown ki sair karne ka mauka nahi mila hain. I wish to take a tour of the the WT, with none other than the foremost authority of the area, you! Tell me if you would like. I would get in touch with you if and when I visit Noida.
    CommentQuote