Hey guys,

I went through different thread in this forum but thing is the more you read, more you get confused.
I don't have any real experience in RE but I would like to know looking at current scenario of market.
Should I wait for couple of more years and then buy one RTM flat or it would be better to buy immediately as rates are going high everyday. I am wondering if i will be ever able to buy the one flat in NCR. I am afraid after 2-3 years its going to be beyond my reach.

What I learnt from market that rates will always go high its not gonna come down.I postponed my plans for an year because of NE issues and farmers where creating problem in other sectors too but when I rechecked the market same flat which i was getting in 35-38 lacs ,i am now getting in 43-46 lacs and if i wait for 2-3 years more its gonna touch 55-60 lacs.

Investors are making profit but for end users its getting difficult to buy a flat in NCR.Someone said in the forum our dreams are getting crushed :(:(
Read more
50 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Ask yourself -

1. Who will live in the flats? Answer is you - the end user. Not the investor.
    2. Your dreams are getting crushed? Surely you mean your salary is not growing as fast as home prices. This means prices will fall.

Dont get swayed. Dont overspend on your home. Wait for couple of years, prices will come down and you will know what you are buying when the property is RTM (see it, like it, buy it). If the people who are meant to live in the flats cannot buy them, it will mean Noida is a ghost town in the making - to fill the homes, you need people, to get people to buy, you need to make the prices affordable. Dont lose patience. People are not becoming super rich overnight - but (notional) home prices are doubling at that pace. This is a classical sign of a bubble. All bubbles burst in the end.
    CommentQuote
  • My only fear is that after 2-3 years what if the prices will not come down.I am belong to middle class but rich people are out there to buy those flat at any prices....even if its UC projects.If it becomes RTM they will happily pay 70-80 lacs just for a 2bhk.Its gonna be difficult for end user like us.

Have you ever seen RE prices come down??
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by hemant0210

Have you ever seen RE prices come down??

Yes, I have and am still seeing it everyday in US/UK/Spain - bubbles get created and bubbles burst in all kinds of assets. Real Estate is not an exception.

I can only tell you what I know, what you do with that knowledge is upto you. Its your money. You have to decide what you want to do with it.
    CommentQuote
  • If planning for noida, wait for some time till all this confusion settles...

waise bhi in one year there will be many RTM properties available... you will have many options...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by SGanguly
    Yes, I have and am still seeing it everyday in US/UK/Spain - bubbles get created and bubbles burst in all kinds of assets. Real Estate is not an exception.

I can only tell you what I know, what you do with that knowledge is upto you. Its your money. You have to decide what you want to do with it.

There are booms and there are busts.

BUT

can anyone predict with certainty when is what? You can make a fortune, if you can!
    CommentQuote
    Hey guys,

I went through different thread in this forum but thing is the more you read, more you get confused.
    I don't have any real experience in RE but I would like to know looking at current scenario of market.
    Should I wait for couple of more years and then buy one RTM flat or it would be better to buy immediately as rates are going high everyday. I am wondering if i will be ever able to buy the one flat in NCR. I am afraid after 2-3 years its going to be beyond my reach.

What I learnt from market that rates will always go high its not gonna come down.I postponed my plans for an year because of NE issues and farmers where creating problem in other sectors too but when I rechecked the market same flat which i was getting in 35-38 lacs ,i am now getting in 43-46 lacs and if i wait for 2-3 years more its gonna touch 55-60 lacs.

Investors are making profit but for end users its getting difficult to buy a flat in NCR.Someone said in the forum our dreams are getting crushed :(:(

Hemant: This is a tough decision at any stage.

I can empathize, but also warn you not to be too influenced by strong opinions on IREF.

Please ask your friends and family for advice on this topic i.e. genuine well-wishers instead of strangers with ulterior motives &/or zero knowledge about your situation.

IMHO, this approach will serve you better.

-v

PS: My personal approach has always been to purchase RTM property that I can afford as soon as possible if I plan to live in it i.e. treat it like an essential expense that cannot be postponed due to market conditions or whatever... small if necessary but with decent quality of life and nearer to my office.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Hemant,

You will be better informed and will be able to take a better decision, if you read through relevant threads on similar themes.
    CommentQuote
  • Ideally RTM is the best choice as you can see, feel and own it immediately.... lekin paisa zyada lagta hai...its a trade off...

Considering today's situation...entering Noida now seems risky, specially for under construction projects.... kuch bhi ho raha hai wahan.... let the dust settle... prices wont increase like a rocket....will take some time....

Better to wait and pay a bit more than pay heavily now and repent later
    CommentQuote
  • @Zangoora That's what my point is .....if i buy RTM flat after 2-3 years ....i am gonna end up paying more money for the same flat.This is not the problem that i will have to pay more...its pretty obvious.
    But difference in the prices would be too much for the same flat.Last year in april 2011 when i was studying market 2 bhk flat(1200 sq ft) were around 36-38 lacs but now the same flat cost 43-46 lacs.....i don't what would be the price after 2 years.

Mujhe iss baat ka hi darr lag rha hai ki kahin 2-3 yrs baad kharidne layak hi na rahe aur repent kare ki pehle kyun nahi buy kiya :( Aur abhi Noida RE ka kuch samajh nahi aa rha

I think prices are increasing like "ROCKET" :P
    CommentQuote
    Hey guys,

Ok. Ask yourself this question.

Why do you want to invest in REAL ESTATE and not in other segments

FDs , Mutual funds, Pension funds, Equity and Insurance.

What exactly does it make an attractive investment in RE ? Just the media hype ?
    CommentQuote
  • @SGanguly I doubt if bubbles are gonna burst. I think Indian RE market is different US/UK/Spain RE. Goons and Netas(by lending money to builders) are running Indian RE market and uneducated brokers are making us fool which is different from US/UK market.
    CommentQuote
    @Zangoora That's what my point is .....if i buy RTM flat after 2-3 years ....i am gonna end up paying more money for the same flat.This is not the problem that i will have to pay more...its pretty obvious.
    But difference in the prices would be too much for the same flat.Last year in april 2011 when i was studying market 2 bhk flat(1200 sq ft) were around 36-38 lacs but now the same flat cost 43-46 lacs.....i don't what would be the price after 2 years.

Mujhe iss baat ka hi darr lag rha hai ki kahin 2-3 yrs baad kharidne layak hi na rahe aur repent kare ki pehle kyun nahi buy kiya :( Aur abhi Noida RE ka kuch samajh nahi aa rha

I think prices are increasing like "ROCKET" :P

After 2 years you may most probably get the house cheaper than now. The prices are at the peak for this decade
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by McLordGanj
    After 2 years you may most probably get the house cheaper than now. The prices are at the peak for this decade

Next to impossible...u may get at the same price but not less than the current price....

basic principle...RTM always holds higher demand n premium than UC.
    CommentQuote
  • @tulips People do invest in other segments(FD,PF,Mutual funds) too, i have invested.
    RE gives better return in short period that's why people are going for it but prices are increasing so fast that very soon is gonna beyond the reach of common man.
    CommentQuote
    @tulips People do invest in other segments(FD,PF,Mutual funds) too, i have invested.
    RE gives better return in short period that's why people are going for it but prices are increasing so fast that very soon is gonna beyond the reach of common man.

fd gives you 11% annualized at current rate. high liquidity.

at prevailing rates, do you see any investors in re?
    CommentQuote