I am buying a flat in Vinod Nagar, East delhi and the dealer is saying they will no sale deed but they will just provide general power of attorney.

Has anyone bought a flat in these type of colonies recently? If any idea could you please let me know the procedure? Is it safe to buy a flat with GPA only?

Thanks!
Read more
8 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by ashok4814
    I am buying a flat in Vinod Nagar, East delhi and the dealer is saying they will no sale deed but they will just provide general power of attorney.

Has anyone bought a flat in these type of colonies recently? If any idea could you please let me know the procedure? Is it safe to buy a flat with GPA only?

Thanks!

r u crazy?
    supreme court has disallowed registeration of any GPA for the purpose of sale/purchase of property.
    if u go ahead with the sale even after makinhg full payment ur ownership will not b recognised by any court of law. it imples that any time in future the seller or his natural/legal heirs can stake claim on the property.

and yes u shall not b able to get any loan and in future if u will have difficulty in selling the property as the ownership chain will not b complete since u will not b a registered owner

and my dear friend what prevents the present owner to sell the same property to a third/ fourth----- party on legal documents or on similiar GPAs.

KEEP AWAY IF U LOVE UR MONEY. ASKING FOR TROUBLE IF U GO AHEAD WITH THE DEAL

REGARDS
    SIDS
    CommentQuote
  • GPA is not valid anymore... It doesnt give you ownership of flat...Dont put your hard earned money on risk... Buy a smaller flat at authorised location... Peace of mind is more important...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sids69
    r u crazy?
    supreme court has disallowed registeration of any GPA for the purpose of sale/purchase of property.
    if u go ahead with the sale even after makinhg full payment ur ownership will not b recognised by any court of law. it imples that any time in future the seller or his natural/legal heirs can stake claim on the property.

and yes u shall not b able to get any loan and in future if u will have difficulty in selling the property as the ownership chain will not b complete since u will not b a registered owner

and my dear friend what prevents the present owner to sell the same property to a third/ fourth----- party on legal documents or on similiar GPAs.

KEEP AWAY IF U LOVE UR MONEY. ASKING FOR TROUBLE IF U GO AHEAD WITH THE DEAL

REGARDS
    SIDS

Thanks Sids! I am surprise, 99% of the flats are sold by this way still in these cononies...
    CommentQuote
  • What others said is right about GPA being banned in Delhi since last few months. This also shows that brokers will say anything to make a sale and hence no one trust them anymore.

Buy anywhere else in NCR where you can get proper registry done but not in these illegal colonies where there is no registry. Prices in these colonies have started going down because of this and whatever sale is happening is actually fraud done through brokers by trapping gullible buyers.
    CommentQuote
  • Thank you All!

Is there any other place in Delhi NCR where i can get flat within my budget 20 lac approx? and obvious want to put my hard money in safe place only.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by djvjain
    What others said is right about GPA being banned in Delhi since last few months. This also shows that brokers will say anything to make a sale and hence no one trust them anymore.

just a minor correction, GPA registeration and sale through it is banned not only in delhi but aslo in the entire nation

regards
    sids
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ashok4814
    Thank you All!

Is there any other place in Delhi NCR where i can get flat within my budget 20 lac approx? and obvious want to put my hard money in safe place only.

budget is too small also the purpose i.e end use/ investment not stated.

end use - u may try in ansals(near bodaki) greater noida 9also good from investment pt- long term) or RNE

investment - try for smaller plots in meerut/ along nh 58/74

regards
    sids
    CommentQuote
  • Try for some 2 Bhk flats in under-construction projects(going with good speed) in Bhiwadi. Don't go for new launch yet as there are plenty to chose for in the area.

Originally Posted by ashok4814
    Thank you All!

CommentQuote