Hi folks , I am interested in taking a membership of Boomerang club. Can anyone advice about the current status and rates of the same. A year and a half back i received a mail from Jaypee offering me a membership through some festive offer Rs. 5.67 lacs payable quarterly in a span of 3 years . For some reasons i did not took that offer. Now i believe the membership is around Rs.9.67 lacs and that too without any installment plan. At the same time i heard somebody mentioning that some discount is still on the Boomerang membership and one can still get it around 6 lacs.
I would really appreciate in case anyone has any inputs/ details in regard to this. I want to take the membership ASAP ( but not at Rs.9.67 lacs)
Read more
138 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Anybody has any idea on the above?....Please share....Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by orchardman
    Guys....Has anyone bought the Golf Club membership from Jaypee? Wanted to know if you have got any of the following against buying of the membership:

- Any Payment receipt(Does it mention that payment is against Boomerang Club Membership?) Yes - I got in in the 0% 3 year EMI scheme, I got receipts of each post dates cheque
    - Any letter with details of membership (Just like PAL in case of Flat) There is an application form (available on website) - it has all T&Cs
    - Any Membership card with name and number Yes a credit card type card will be given
    - Any email confirming your membership I had a few email interactions with their rep - if u want I can give u her contact details. She can detail out more. But I am sure some kind of confirmation will be given
    - Anything else Start learning golf - will be fun to play in the mornings and keep healthy :)

Please advise....many thanks.

Answers Inline:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dineshsays
    Answers Inline:

Thanks Dinesh

- Have u got any formal hard copy letter regarding membership? Is is required? Or just an email confirmation is enough?

- Have you already got the membership card/membership number? Have they told you by when will they give the same?

- They have been giving me many dates from last 6 months but I have still not got any card. I think Aditey is the concerned person.

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Dinesh, do u know if JP plans to have a sports complex as well in boomerang as they have in GNoida
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Kaydee
    Dinesh, do u know if JP plans to have a sports complex as well in boomerang as they have in GNoida

Nothing concrete announced. The sports complex in GN is really good (though not part of Boomerang) - doubt WT has any space left. Yes - lots of fields for football etc r there but nothing concrete announced afaik

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by orchardman
    Thanks Dinesh

- Have u got any formal hard copy letter regarding membership? Is is required? Or just an email confirmation is enough?

- Have you already got the membership card/membership number? Have they told you by when will they give the same?

- They have been giving me many dates from last 6 months but I have still not got any card. I think Aditey is the concerned person.

Thanks

Card u will get once club is operational - theyve issued for GN members. Did u get membership in dp scheme in which case u will get a temp card for gn (not in emi scheme)

Q1/Q2 nxt year looks likely looking at current progress at Boomerang

Dunno about formal email etc - but a card with number should be good enough

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Dinesh / all,
    I have a few questions - I have just bought a flat in kristal court - so am being offered the 6L boomerang membership (no security). I view the flat as an investment - but with a 10-15yr horizon. I've been wondering whether to get the club membership - my thoughts below, would be great if you could give your inputs / validate my thinking:

- as written in earlier posts, any appreciation in club membership price over next 10 years will not benefit me i.e. new price is paid to Jaypee. It is possible that if club membership has a 'long' waitlist, then selling my flat along with club membership (no wait time for buyer) could add to my flat sale price. However too many 'ifs' and 'buts' in this scenario so am willing to ignore this. Given this, I see no reason to buy the club membership.
    - risk I am taking is that if I were to decide to live in the flat after 10 years - i might have to pay a much higher fee at that time to join the club. Since the probability of my living here is very low, I am willing to take this risk.

- The club membership fee of 6L has to be paid at possession i.e 4 years. I was thinking - does anything prevent me from filling up the boomerang form and 'signing up' for membership? Ater 4 years, I can either pay the 6L and join if i want to - OR - I can simply cancel at that time? Atleast I carry the option of the membership at a locked in price of 6L for the next 4 years. Am i missing something here?

Appreciate your inputs.
    CommentQuote
  • u need to pay for the membership within a month or 2, not at possession.

UOTE=Vipster;944764]Hi Dinesh / all,
    I have a few questions - I have just bought a flat in kristal court - so am being offered the 6L boomerang membership (no security). I view the flat as an investment - but with a 10-15yr horizon. I've been wondering whether to get the club membership - my thoughts below, would be great if you could give your inputs / validate my thinking:

- as written in earlier posts, any appreciation in club membership price over next 10 years will not benefit me i.e. new price is paid to Jaypee. It is possible that if club membership has a 'long' waitlist, then selling my flat along with club membership (no wait time for buyer) could add to my flat sale price. However too many 'ifs' and 'buts' in this scenario so am willing to ignore this. Given this, I see no reason to buy the club membership.
    - risk I am taking is that if I were to decide to live in the flat after 10 years - i might have to pay a much higher fee at that time to join the club. Since the probability of my living here is very low, I am willing to take this risk.

- The club membership fee of 6L has to be paid at possession i.e 4 years. I was thinking - does anything prevent me from filling up the boomerang form and 'signing up' for membership? Ater 4 years, I can either pay the 6L and join if i want to - OR - I can simply cancel at that time? Atleast I carry the option of the membership at a locked in price of 6L for the next 4 years. Am i missing something here?

Appreciate your inputs.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Rahul - thanks. Didnt realise the membership fee needed to be paid now. If that is the case - then my mind is made - I'll skip the club membership.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi, can anyone share contact details of jaypee person for checking for Boomerang membership
    CommentQuote
  • Dinesh/others

Being a boomerang club member do we need to pay for caddie fee cart charges driving range fee etc every time we will play golf......

Sent from my E3 using Tapatalk
    CommentQuote
  • how much is club membership costing now?
    CommentQuote
  • I believe that their lifetime membership is closed.

So, can existing members sell or transfer their membership to others .. if so what is the current prevailing rate?

Which other decent clubs are accepting are members in Noida and Greater Noida area.
    CommentQuote
  • just received an invite to play golf at WT - some sort of members only familiarisation event. Pity cant go :(

Golf-Invite-Member
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dineshsays
    just received an invite to play golf at WT - some sort of members only familiarisation event. Pity cant go :(

Golf-Invite-Member

Hi Dinesh Bro......Have they issued any membership cards as yet ?
    CommentQuote